Photo

new instances long and dreary, not hard, not challenging, very easy, and not fun

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 16:45

Sadly, new instances keep becoming longer and more dreary instead of fun and challenging. 

For example, the only fun/challenging fight in Rumble's Grotto is the second boss - the entire team actually has to pay attention to when he spawns adds, be ready to stun, heal, and resurrect dead party members.

But the third boss? I think most people are secretly afking or watching tv/reading a book until it ends. There's just no challenge involved, you just plunk down right in the center of the room and shoot/whack at the boss until its dead... 2 million hp later. 

A high level instance needs different strategies to finish aside from the current "tank keep aggro, healer heal, and all dps afk with auto attacks until big bad boss is dead 5-10 minutes later". I thought this was what testing ASV before releasing level 45 cap was supposed to address.

It doesn't need to be long, if doing the dungeon comes with a high risk of dying, then it is more fun to do. It will also provide a gold sink for some of the wealthiest portion of the population. 

And strategy doesn't need to be complicated. For example, let the boss have a charge attack everyone can see, and needs to be silenced/stunned to stop or party dies. Or let boss randomly aggro the highest dps character for 15 seconds. Keeps everyone on their toes. 

This way, can also shorten time for runs down from 1 hour for 4 relics. 

Edited by Alteration, 07 April 2014 - 16:46.

#2 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2014 - 16:49

Very good suggestion. I couldn't agree more.

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#3 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 17:02

yea, and attacks that keeps even the dps moving! 

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#4 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 17:58

Another idea

Regarding those troll holes that halved the run time, issue was that the holes were not meant to just deaggro and move on.  So how about making it so that once inside, you *need* to fight the spider before you can go out?  You can summon the rest of party in, however, you cannot use the portal out unless the spider is dead.  However, keep it so that you can use it to skip the normal mobs outside.  This way, people have a choice to either slog through a bunch of long to clear, although easy enough, mobs, or fight a mini boss instead.  

And make it so that the spiders are actually worth doing.  Say, 400k hp, and drops 1 glim and 1 relic.  You can do the long way (45 minutes), or fight 3 spiders (35 minutes) for extra 3 glims and 3 relics, for better geared parties.  

* I haven't run Grotto since hotfix so I don't know what exactly they did to the troll holes yet, just stating an idea *

#5 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2014 - 18:19

These are some amazing ideas. The devs really need to take these into consideration.

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#6 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 07 April 2014 - 18:23

Alterations idea is fantastic. Please add it to the game devs =D

#7 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 07 April 2014 - 19:36

They made the entarce to Troll Hole "You are in Combat" and they halfed hp on spiders.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#8 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2014 - 20:59

They made the entarce to Troll Hole "You are in Combat" and they halfed hp on spiders.

even with halfed hp who will care about those trolls...

its already a 45 min run without killing them :( 

#9 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2014 - 22:19

They don't seem to understand that these high level dungeons should be more challenging, not more time consuming. It's already more time consuming considering that the relics needed increase each level. Any level 45 instance should not take more than 30m.

People wouldn't run ASV because it was boring and took too long. Several players put this very topic in the suggestions for improving ASV, yet we are back with the same problem in all of the new ones? It feels like we are talking to a wall sometimes.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#10 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2014 - 22:22

We managed a 35 min, I think we can get it down to 30... maybe less when we upgrade gear a bit. 

Nice ideas alt! :)

Edited by Mongo, 07 April 2014 - 22:23.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#11 proffej

proffej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2014 - 22:45

I feel something should be done to prevent people from afking I would also like to see stratergy in the game not just smash and kill sorry not everyone is all about smashing stuff  I want to know why some players seem to be listened to more then others are they secretly devs if so to be fair to the rest of us they shouldn't be listed in highscores they have an upper hand if they are because they have inside information and will know where everything is and where the best grind spots are this is not fair to the normal players another question for ya is why do mages get shown all the love and the rest of the classes see nerfs I have noticed this and was wondering why I don't want somplayer answering this I want a dev to answer my questions if a player answers it will make me think they are a dev in disguise

#12 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 07 April 2014 - 22:54

Yeah I agree. Not worth it atm. Might do it if they dropped Defined Gem. Or chance of Defined gem +1 relic

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#13 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 07 April 2014 - 23:19

if they just dropped relics I would do, would be nice for a rem chance too i suppose

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#14 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 00:01

I feel something should be done to prevent people from afking I would also like to see stratergy in the game not just smash and kill sorry not everyone is all about smashing stuff  I want to know why some players seem to be listened to more then others are they secretly devs if so to be fair to the rest of us they shouldn't be listed in highscores they have an upper hand if they are because they have inside information and will know where everything is and where the best grind spots are this is not fair to the normal players another question for ya is why do mages get shown all the love and the rest of the classes see nerfs I have noticed this and was wondering why I don't want somplayer answering this I want a dev to answer my questions if a player answers it will make me think they are a dev in disguise

I pointed this out before lol X D

Although your mage point i think is a bit invalid,I'd say mages receive less love. Show me a good mage based mob in the game that has decent drops at all? or range for that matter? its almost all melee based = leaning towards warriors. hence the reason warriors and rangers are topping char exp and such and able to speed to 45 faster then mages.

Edited by HuMoR, 08 April 2014 - 00:05.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#15 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 00:36

ok so you are saying that mages don't get more love then prophets hello mages get more haste and they don't need it to cast heals they need it to lessen their cooldowns that already the time on them was shortened where as prophets has their cooldowns made longer and we get less haste and we have to be able to heal everyone in our group  so please don't try and tell me that mages have seen less love then prophets because that is just not true

#16 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 00:44

ok so you are saying that mages don't get more love then prophets hello mages get more haste and they don't need it to cast heals they need it to lessen their cooldowns that already the time on them was shortened where as prophets has their cooldowns made longer and we get less haste and we have to be able to heal everyone in our group  so please don't try and tell me that mages have seen less love then prophets because that is just not true

Mages receive a lot less love,up until the big nerf prophets were the most OP class due to benediction and that additive 30% damage increase,even now prophets can AOe grind just as good as mages AND have more reduction and healing while doing it,so I will say prophets are ahead of the game...I know this because I actually play both classes,also prophets can beat something that other classes can't...lvl 40 quest cause and effect and such and soloing instances,prophets receive a lot of love. 

ALSO this wasn't even a compare and contrast between mages and prophets to begin with...it was the difference in mobs between the 3 groups mages/warriors/rangers as prophets and templars are support classes...

BACK TO THE OP

Seem like good ideas,and although the gem dropping idea would have a big effect on the gem economy it would give more incentive and such.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#17 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 00:51

ok if prophets are so awesome might I ask why you respeced back to mage on your name for the lvl 45 content just asking

#18 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 00:56

Because its easier for AOe grinding when me and my partner are both AOE fully and have more AOe rotations such as ovl specs,db,full fb and bliz specs ALSO i have no worth as a prophet,I am not speeding to 45 and im not healing for people anymore. 

So I guess it goes both ways then if Mages are so awesome why haven't you speced into one?

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#19 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:18

I just did 2 runs at RG that were about 47 minutes. I really have no desire to even turn the game on when I know that I need to spend another 3,760 minutes (63 hours) in a boring instance that I am already sick of. There are a lot of RPGs where their entire play time is less than 63 hours.

I really won't do it at all until the run times are 15-25 minutes. When ASV runs took 30 minutes, I had no desire to do them. There is no way I will sit through 47 minute RG runs.

Add bizarre aggro, AOE attacks, snare traps, silence, flying squirrels and whatever you need to make it difficult and challenging, but cut the completion time down by reducing mob HP or defense.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 08 April 2014 - 01:20.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#20 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:25

Because its easier for AOe grinding when me and my partner are both AOE fully and have more AOe rotations such as ovl specs,db,full fb and bliz specs ALSO i have no worth as a prophet,I am not speeding to 45 and im not healing for people anymore. 

So I guess it goes both ways then if Mages are so awesome why haven't you speced into one?

maybe just maybe because I enjoy healing people it might just make me feel needed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: