• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 September 2013 - 18:11

Creating a 'Hoof Special' potion :D

preview_5.png

Wanna share some shards hoof?

Also, I really like the ability to name your own potions, and choose the design as well. However you mentioned that potions will be guild bound ... just to clarify, is that ALL potions, or just ones designated for guild use?

Edit: additionally, I'm assuming that once the potion is created, if it is for the guild, it goes to the guild mailbox?

#262 milon9999

milon9999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 18:31

To keep it simple, the potions created will automatically be guild tagged (but you can't recall them) and bound. Note you won't be able to untag them.

what ?? you can't recall them ?? why , i can't recall the potion which i will create?? pls hoof make the 2 option as we know before "potion can be tagged for guild or for personal use but will be bound". Thanks

dbzteengohansig_by_zzkurozz-d69715k.png

#263 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 18:59

I am now going to make a positive statement about composing:  I REALLY like that bottle  :D

#264 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 19:09

To keep it simple, the potions created will automatically be guild tagged (but you can't recall them) and bound. Note you won't be able to untag them.

So as I understand it, The potion, once it is made is automatically guild tagged.  It stays in my backpack, and I can send it to other players, or use it myself.  Now, I leave the guild.  Where does this tagged potion go, and  if it still stays in the guild, how do others then get it.  I personally have no problem with it being tagged, it's some of the nagging little details that I'm curious about.

#265 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 19:12

How will that work in a guild that doesn't have the guild registrar ? 

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#266 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 September 2013 - 19:40

Hi guys,

can somebody explain to me what the point is of having to wait more than 5 hours to make a potion?

thank you in advance ;-)

#267 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 03 September 2013 - 19:44

Not sure why these guild bound items cant be recalled? Unless you change coding, currently bound items can't be sent to someone else . And the whole point is for guild members to be able to use/share  these potions.

#268 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 19:57

Got to say, I'm not really understanding the Guild tagged bound unrecallable pot thing. :unsure:

Cheers.

wil72

#269 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 20:54

I'm pretty sure that's the case. Judging from my experience with other RPGs/MMOs, when skills/activities are released they are meant to be played from the start, so the starting potions are likely more useful to low level players who are supposed to gain more powerful potions by leveling up composing slowly as they get to our levels.

Well, that might be true (I don't know, not playing other games at this point) but I sure hope that I don't have to wade thru a bunch of stuff I don't want to get what I do want.

#270 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2013 - 20:59

Well, that might be true (I don't know, not playing other games at this point) but I sure hope that I don't have to wade thru a bunch of stuff I don't want to get what I do want.

You will have to level up your Composing skill to be able to make higher level potions.

#271 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2013 - 21:01

Got to say, I'm not really understanding the Guild tagged bound unrecallable pot thing. :unsure:

Cheers.

wil72

Hmmm not sure if I explained (thought) about this right. The point is that you won't be able to make potions, keep them in your backpack then move around giving them to different guilds. When you create a potion and are not in a guild you won't be able to put it in the guild store. If you make a potion while in a guild it will act like it is guild tagged (recalling could work actually - ignore what I said about that before!). The main point is that you wouldn't be able to 'untag' it and then transfer it to another guild.

Hope that makes more sense now :D

#272 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2013 - 21:02

How will that work in a guild that doesn't have the guild registrar ? 

They'll just be automatically tagged - the guild won't need a Guild Registrar for it.

#273 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 21:08

Hoof, does that mean that all potions when they are created (if you are in a guild) are automatically put into the guild store and guild tagged?

#274 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2013 - 21:09

Hoof, does that mean that all potions when they are created (if you are in a guild) are automatically put into the guild store and guild tagged?

Once a potion is created you need to retrieve it from the Composing page - you can then either keep it in your inventory or put it in the guild store.

#275 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 21:11

Once a potion is created you need to retrieve it from the Composing page - you can then either keep it in your inventory or put it in the guild store.

Got it. Does this also mean that you can have an infinite number of potions composing at a single time (and in composing storage) for what I'm assuming is a 24 hour timeout, and that you can choose to make potions that are user bound and not guild bound?

#276 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2013 - 21:21

Got it. Does this also mean that you can have an infinite number of potions composing at a single time (and in composing storage) for what I'm assuming is a 24 hour timeout, and that you can choose to make potions that are user bound and not guild bound?

Currently, you can only create a single potion at a time and cannot start another until the previous has been collected.

#277 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 21:23

Currently, you can only create a single potion at a time and cannot start another until the previous has been collected.

Alright then, thanks.

#278 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 21:40

Hmmm not sure if I explained (thought) about this right. The point is that you won't be able to make potions, keep them in your backpack then move around giving them to different guilds. When you create a potion and are not in a guild you won't be able to put it in the guild store. If you make a potion while in a guild it will act like it is guild tagged (recalling could work actually - ignore what I said about that before!). The main point is that you wouldn't be able to 'untag' it and then transfer it to another guild.

Aye, it does mate, thank you. :)

Cheers.

wil72

#279 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 21:48

They'll just be automatically tagged - the guild won't need a Guild Registrar for it.

Cheers - just got the registrar anyways, 'cos may have some new people moving in :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#280 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 23:10

So, I make a potion at my own expense for my own use and wait 5 hours to receive it, then someone recalls and uses it just before I need it?

Way to make composing fail from the off :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: