116 replies to this topic

#61 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 20:42

Yes, perhaps it's a bad idea to put this on our profiles. I mean we went from the first two years of having over a thousand players logged on at a time. To maybe 300. If you believe those numbers. Some players want changes to suit them so they can benefit from their game play. They may not be happy trying to enjoy themselves later. When there is only a hundred players left logging on

#62 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 00:16

Don't do it yet.

I have 59 more levels to go, wait for me to catch up.

#63 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:16

have no problem with this ... medals and the such (stats) are what motivate me to keep playin .. recently I killed a bunch of SE's as i hated seein a non-respectable number lol motivation as lou said  :)

#64 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:47

have no problem with this ... medals and the such (stats) are what motivate me to keep playin .. recently I killed a bunch of SE's as i hated seein a non-respectable number lol motivation as lou said  :)

Ah, but there's a huge difference in getting geared and buffed up and seeking and exterminating SE's to bump up one's score, or slapping a bunch of rats to raise a K/S.  Composing takes lots of time and money, the arena is a crap shoot that often relies upon chance (i.e. the judges decision)  

I actively compose.  Granted, I don't throw a lot of money into it, and there are days I forget to dump my 5 123 pots and start 5 more, but I do put in the effort.  My level is a measly 31....  If I want to announce this fact to the world, I'll just type it into my profile.  But I really don't see the need for that, as my composing skills largely only benefit myself, and I have no plans to start travelling around to make pots for other guilds.  I prefer to stay at home and let SA's own top composers make what I cannot, or wait for the fabulous Melissa to drop by on her rounds.  

This is just me, I know many of you feel differently.

But I ask you this.... Is this really that crucial of an issue?  Especially compared to getting the app up and running for the general public, fixing that weird lagging thing that occurs between 7-10 PM my time (CST US) occasionally?  Not to mention other much debated hot issues that appear in other threads.....  Sure, it may be nice for some, a reason to crow or a reason to push a little harder, but in the area of new player acquisition or retention, where does it fit in?  How does this keep the game alive and thriving?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#65 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:12

have changed my mind ,put it in there so everyone can see

5aZzW0p.png,

#66 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:27

The problem here is, regardless of the debate, even if the cows agree to this and say they'll implement it, you're still in a "holding pattern" as to actually if they will, or whether, like SO many other things, it'll fall off the back burner ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#67 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:53

The problem here is, regardless of the debate, even if the cows agree to this and say they'll implement it, you're still in a "holding pattern" as to actually if they will, or whether, like SO many other things, it'll fall off the back burner ...

agree it will be in the app when its released to all ,until debate away

5aZzW0p.png,

#68 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:46

So true, it's not really essential but I don't see why they can't add this to the profile. But even if they definitively say yes whether I expect to see it happen or not is another thing entirely. :P

#69 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:03

time to show off with my level 6 composing

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#70 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:16

time to show off with my level 6 composing

yes i like your attitude

5aZzW0p.png,

#71 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 19:53

Giving Hoof a reminder before the next game upgrade and inspiring the aspiring overpowered composed pot makers to keep it up.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#72 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 July 2017 - 23:51

Giving Hoof a reminder before the next game upgrade and inspiring the aspiring overpowered composed pot makers to keep it up.

I stopped composing some time back.... Frag farming is a nightmare on an Android device....

that's all you need to know about my Composing levels.....

Edited by BadPenny, 07 July 2017 - 23:52.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#73 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:10

Yeah, I think I turned Lv16 some months ago. Have not been able to do much since

Guild member just hit 59. Ran out of Frags making pots for the 2X event. Now he can make nothing lol

Edited by cucullainn, 08 July 2017 - 01:12.

#74 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:37

after the app

5aZzW0p.png,

#75 Misstep

Misstep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 14:22

Yes please add this item as i am also proud of my hard work and gold spent on my level 60 composing and make it option to  hide it for those that would like that option :D :lol: :)

+1 Sounds fair to all.

#76 MadameC

MadameC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 15:20

I honestly don't really care if it is on there or not.....my level is only 9 currently and I'm not embarrassed by it nor am I proud of it.  The only reason that I am replying to this thread is to say.......I agree with the "Lets fix what is broken first" mentality.  Newbies aren't concerned with composers....most haven't even gotten that far into the game to realize that there is such a concept.  What we should be concerned with is how to get them to continue to play past the epic quest line.  No players means no game. Broken aspects mean more veteran players leave.  Let's keep the focal points here, fix the breaks, and keep the levels coming.  I'm no where close to EOC, but know your market....these are the players that keep coming back....the rest of us are hurrying to catch up but we will want content when we get there.   :)

#77 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:23

people can literally write their levels in the bio.

what if they're lying? who cares

sigma_468x60.jpg

#78 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:34

people can literally write their levels in the bio.

what if they're lying? who cares

True... I don't actually see a legit need for this. It would be cool sure... If it's literally a few lines of code i don't see an issue though.

#79 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:53

...If it's literally a few lines of code i don't see an issue though.

we've seen some examples recently of how changing a few lines of codes can break something else i.e. the medal notification logs not working any more

it's possible the recent lobotomizing of wiki is related to the "maintenance" that was done

#80 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:30

I honestly don't really care if it's added or not. It seems to be absurdly useless. But as long as it doesn't hurt anything i don't care. Keyword doesn't hurt anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: