Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:48

Hi all,

We have been listening to your feedback and made the following changes to the PvP Seasons:

1) You can now opt-out of the PvP Seasons by unchecking the box in your preferences. Please note if you choose to opt-out, then decide to opt-in again, you will not be able to take part until the next PvP Season begins.

2) We have changed how targets are selected so you will no longer get targets that are more than one league below your current league and we have also removed inactive players from being potential targets.

#2 bjkills

bjkills

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:52

So now I will get people around my level 50% of the time that I have a chance to beat, and the other 50% I'll get buffed up players 250+ levels above me. Fun...

Professional Arena Player when it comes to losing. Avid Titan Hunter. Sometimes I buy and sell stuff.

#3 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:56

So now I will get people around my level 50% of the time that I have a chance to beat, and the other 50% I'll get buffed up players 250+ levels above me. Fun...

You can still skip targets, but if you no longer want to participate in it, you can opt-out in your preferences.

#4 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:12

Just a question, do you think PvPers like this system more than the old one ?

clock96.gif

#5 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:13

Srsly? deleting my post is what you do on constructive critisism?

Ok let me elaborate:

The step you now took is actually a step back to the 2008 ladder. This will not solve ANY of the problems on the ladder. You actually created new ones.

What you created:

- Few PvPers fighting each other farming the soon to come rewards

- Truces, Alliances and Non-Agression pacts will be formed just like it used to be on the 2 ladder versions before

- High lvls dominating the ladder, farming lower levels

- No reflection to the actual PvP. Im a PvPer and I refuse to partake in such a farce. Alot PvPers will make the same decision and not partake, making this an even less active ladder than the last system.

- No reflection on PvP skill and setups, here just wins the guy with the highest lvl.

+New way to get even richer for the Higher lvls depending if the rewards will be useful

+More Stamina will be used overall for PvPing

+A small Money sink

#6 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:15

The only thing I actually liked is that I can now make more profit in GvG. And that multis cant partake in GvGs anymore since few of those have 1,25k stamina. That was the only good move you did in that update. Srsly Im genuinly thankful for that but everything else is not in the interest of the community.

#7 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:15

Thanks for opt out, the 50 or so players that hit me thou, have an enemy for life. 

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:22

Just a question, do you think PvPers like this system more than the old one ?

I think we should give it some time for people to give it a try.

#9 DARKELITE1

DARKELITE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:22

A good step but if you don't bring back XP loss your going to lose a lot more players. I know its not what you want but now there's and opt in option add it in. I can name a few players that have already quit the game because of this aspect. Please consider it

#10 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:24

The step you now took is actually a step back to the 2008 ladder. This will not solve ANY of the problems on the ladder. You actually created new ones.

Many players weren't happy with being included in the PvP Season so this gives them an option to choose not to participate in it. I realise we'll never make everyone happy with an update, but this lets people who want to take part in the PvP Season continue to do so, and people who don't wish to take part are not longer affected by it.

#11 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:25

Hoof,

Any update on the number of times a person can be targeted? I can show you once again there are a few people that were hitting me every 2-5 minutes over and over and over again. It dropped me 3 leagues overnight.. is this your thought on how the system should work? 

3 Leagues is over 3,000 stamina..

#12 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:25

Thank You! These updates are GREAT! Opt in / Out is the best thing you could have put into this PvP Season thing :)
Thank You! These updates are GREAT! Opt in / Out is the best thing you could have put into this PvP Season thing :)

#13 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:26

Sorry, i just opt out from this. Let me know when you decide to implement something good for the game for a change

As you say - if you don't want to be involved in the PvP Seasons you can opt-out of it.

#14 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:26

Sorry for double post .. Was lagging a bit

#15 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:27

Hoof,

Any update on the number of times a person can be targeted? I can show you once again there are a few people that were hitting me every 2-5 minutes over and over and over again. It dropped me 3 leagues overnight.. is this your thought on how the system should work? 

3 Leagues is over 3,000 stamina..

The way targets are selected now are either in your current league or the league below you.

#16 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:28

The way targets are selected now are either in your current league or the league below you.

That is all fine and dandy, until you have a log of over 50-60 attacks overnight while a person is unbuffed (aka farming, no difference than the GVG farming you guys were worried about) that drops you over 3 leagues down. I spent thousands of stamina to get to where I was, just to be dropped down by 3 different players overnight while I'm sleeping? That's pretty insane. 

#17 victor1gr

victor1gr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:29

As you say - if you don't want to be involved in the PvP Seasons you can opt-out of it.

Sure thing. this is the only useful thing there is and come after 3 revisions instead of coming live immediately. People (and me as well) got attacked and lost money/exp for nothing just in order for you COWs to perform your brilliant experiment... 

And by the way, every opt out is a NO vote on your new system so don't be excited about this...

#18 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:35

Thank you HCS for accommodating our requests and making the necessary changes.

Just a thought about Rated Hit and Bounty.

If players have the option to opt-out or opt-in the PvP Season, the following options make more sense:

1. Rated hits should have XP and gold losss
  2. Rate hits should not be bountied
  3. Unrated hits should be bountied

#19 hansenmv2

hansenmv2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:36

HOW / WHY should I care about advancing in levels when I know my maybe 5M total for one hunt (every 11 days) will get whacked by some morons.

Tell ME why I should bother? PVP - I can barely spell it (haha) - I certainly can't care less about --- whatever your ladders are.

TELL ME - why I should bother to keep playing this game. I can't possibly state how little I care about PVP.

Gotten WHACKED by morons the last 2 days -- OUT OF THE BLUE -- THANKS for that, btw. I have NO CHOICE to OPT into some silly shiz?? Instead of DEFAULT NOT BE INVOLVED ---- NOT REMOTELY EVER IN MY WILDEST DREAMS CARE?

Edited by BigGrim, 24 July 2015 - 13:44.
No swearing please.

#20 DARKELITE1

DARKELITE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:36

Thank you HCS for accommodating our requests and making the necessary changes.

Just a thought about Rated Hit and Bounty.

If players have the option to opt-out or opt-in the PvP Season, the following options make more sense:

1. Rated hits should have XP and gold losss
  2. Rate hits should not be bountied
  3. Unrated hits should be bountied

Ditto, ive said this already. No one's listening

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: