• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#21 CountFxUup

CountFxUup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:37

I have enjoyed this pvp update I have spent 27k stam last night just sitting here attacking people I love it. But I think you just destroyed it by giving people the opt out button its now going to turn into the pvp ladder so good job on that nobody is losing XP just a little gold so why not include everyone? I was having so much fun now its gonna be the same 10 people beating each other over and over again remove the opt out dont destroy the new thing you just put in.

#22 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:37

Tell ME why I should bother? PVP - I can barely spell it (haha) - I certainly can't care less about --- whatever your ladders are.

You can opt-out of the PvP Seasons in your preferences now.

#23 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:38

Hi all,

We have been listening to your feedback and made the following changes to the PvP Seasons:

1) You can now opt-out of the PvP Seasons by unchecking the box in your preferences. Please note if you choose to opt-out, then decide to opt-in again, you will not be able to take part until the next PvP Season begins.

2) We have changed how targets are selected so you will no longer get targets that are more than one league below your current league and we have also removed inactive players from being potential targets.

I think the #2 update is great - this will help many of the players who aren't interested. ONly those in Wood and Bronze league would be able to hit them.

I think #1 is HCS admitting this is just a glorified PVP ladder. I think that it's a mistake to make the change to opt out. You've already taken XP loss out, durability loss and everything else. Based on the quick updates you made based on scrambling around, whether or not letting the update play out, feels like a failure, as history is repeating itself once again. 

#24 CountFxUup

CountFxUup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:41

I think #1 is HCS admitting this is just a glorified PVP ladder. I think that it's a mistake to make the change to opt out. You've already taken XP loss out, durability loss and everything else. Based on the quick updates you made based on scrambling around, whether or not letting the update play out, feels like a failure, as history is repeating itself once again. 

+1 remove opt out i sat here last night for 4 hours hitting people never have i spent that much time on this game dont change that REMOVE OPT OUT

#25 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:41

Another issue Hoof, why am I not getting "ticks" towards rank progress when I win a fight when I'm the defending ? And why am I still not receiving the gold lost by the loser in defense wins? 

Edited by Kedyn, 24 July 2015 - 13:42.

#26 hansenmv2

hansenmv2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:44

1) You can now opt-out of the PvP Seasons by unchecking the box in your preferences.

You can opt-out of the PvP Seasons in your preferences now.

I think I did? I hope.

Edited by BigGrim, 24 July 2015 - 13:47.
Constructive Feedback Please.

#27 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:55

im also not getting "win ticks" for successful defenses....if im,beating my attackers shouldnt i get rewarded?

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#28 CountFxUup

CountFxUup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:56

just curious why you gave the option to opt out of this pvp system was there really that much of and outcry to getting hit and not losing xp? I got some hate mail myself but couldnt understand why because they are not losing anything? a few gold wow that hurts eh. blah

#29 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 24 July 2015 - 13:58

How is this any different than what we had before?

With less targets, the same exact people will hit you even more often now, and any progress you make will most likely be reset in little to no time. This system already requires heavy stamina use as it is

#30 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 14:07

If i choose the opt out now will i receive the reward for the 20 successful hits i made b4 opting out.

Why are we not being given details of what the rewards are?  I would like to know what the rewards are b4 i use my stamina on this facet of the game.

And in the deleted posts it was stated that you do not loose your pvp protection by participating in the pvp season.  Does this also apply if you hit on a bounty?

#31 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 14:10

Another issue Hoof, why am I not getting "ticks" towards rank progress when I win a fight when I'm the defending ? And why am I still not receiving the gold lost by the loser in defense wins?

This should now be fixed, it was a bug.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#32 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 14:11

thats great you fixed the defensive wins thing....but are you going to retro the 10-15 battles ive won defending over the past 24 hrs

#33 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 14:17

can we remove the ability to add to a bounty from,rated attacks....why oh why would you "bounty" or "increase someones bounty" when you yourself have been attacking and are part of the higher leagues?? its basically saying " i want to hit but not be hit".....i see a certain guild doing this as a "deterent" after they lose battles but they are in the "crystal league"

#34 jr1093

jr1093

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 14:31

And by the way, every opt out is a NO vote on your new system so don't be excited about this...

that would be incorrect 

#35 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 14:34

I like the opt in-out ...now really think you should bring back some xp loss on this

#36 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 14:37

So 2 days in and they already have the opt out???   What are you guys doing?

#37 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 14:40

Many players weren't happy with being included in the PvP Season so this gives them an option to choose not to participate in it. I realise we'll never make everyone happy with an update, but this lets people who want to take part in the PvP Season continue to do so, and people who don't wish to take part are not longer affected by it.

Fix the bounty board and your seasons thing might get a chance. we have people putting in tickets to terminate their accounts over this!  2 days and you;ve created another ladder while destroying the rest of pvp. 

#38 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 14:42

How is this any different than what we had before?

With less targets, the same exact people will hit you even more often now, and any progress you make will most likely be reset in little to no time. This system already requires heavy stamina use as it is

yes, came on to same players hitting me, and in turn when i go to hit its same players, if i was hit all nite long by same players, doesnt that get me out of their range, and i stopped spending the gold to by pass someone i just hit, to only have it bring me right back to them REMINDS me of what its like to hire MERCS....i dont want mates to think im farming them....

If i choose the opt out now will i receive the reward for the 20 successful hits i made b4 opting out.

if i chose to opt out, will i lose the reward?? i am in crystal so i have well surpassed the 20 successful hits.  

I always give things a chance here.  was locked n loaded at the very tick when this all started. sadly before exp was taken off, i know i took 90mil exp off players n deleveled many with my one hit.  per the game.  NOTHING personal. then it was changed to no exp loss.  with the fixes implemented, and after burning stam +, n gold n what not, i am looking at this whole thing.  I am not taking exp nor shattering gear, yet tho im hitting crystal n silver leagues now, they are adding gold to my bounty, just like how some played the ladder, bounting ladder hits???.....  so that i am randomly placed on BB.  I can not be soft cleared by friends, so i am losing levels from allies.  I know they have no choice, but now i see that if im on the BB then no other bounty can be placed.  i have not hit anyone out side of the BB or league.  so to lose levels, stam, gold, buffs, FSP, to obtain this reward that im not sure is going to be worth anything, because i dont need leveling pots, how can i do both, id love to continue composing but cannot have gold on hand due to the excessive hits by league players, nor can i even buff my mates when they are on the BB cuz its 50 stam a hit to keep my place in league.

i do not like to complain....but as a founder, some of my levelers want to leave the game.  yes, opt in/out is implemented.  but as we all know, once most of us get upset with something, its hard to change our minds.....and to see my guildies upset, knowing that i cannot even buff them to help them is hard. i know HCS is taking tickets to solve the exp issues but there are so many being put in and how can i convince them to wait it out???? again, not all like PVP....

it saddens me that this was implemented with out testing, then revamped, revamped again, and finally an opt out.  but WITH THAT OPT OUT, we are back to a glorified ladder and global event out come, most stam n highest levels will be in top.   ALSO i dont want to lose my "reward" of my many many many hits that were done prior to a possible "opt out"

why was this not put in as a GLOBAL event, lasting two three days tops??  it would be hard to abuse, IMHO.  

.....just saw DOMS posting, yes why can gold being added to my bounty on these hits?? ?

im sorry for the negative vibe of this posting, i always rally n support the cows.  i donate n try all the new additons.  just had to say my point of view on this....... XOXOXO XOXOXO 

Edited by lapdragon, 24 July 2015 - 14:46.

#39 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 14:45

And since I can't find the topic from yesterday, and my support ticket has been ignored for days,  will someone in HCS confimm they are aware how many bounties people are facing with the system.

#40 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2015 - 14:46

Will someone in HCS confimm they are aware how many bounties people are facing with the system.

The Bounty system is working as intended, yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: