• This topic is locked This topic is locked
336 replies to this topic

#41 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:19

Why not keep this new pvp just a replacement for pvp ladder and keep old normal pvp and old bounty ?

new bounty board make no sense because it has nothing to do with pvp season rating.. losing levels ? who cares these days about levels

+1, totally agree with the above! However, seasons should be fixed that all level players could have an equal opportunity to fight for the titan league, now it's only for EOC players because low level players won't be able to compete with 2000+ levels above them!

#42 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:20

Absolute hog was, i only coment on PvP threads cause its all i care about, and i HAVE had my posts deleated (BY YOU) for simply disagreeing with your dedicated course of action. Apparently off-topic also means not in agreeance with BG.

And you can threaton to ban me if youd like but why would i care, youve already ruined the game, im just here now for my guild members who are staying to buff and make pots. I WILL NEVER spend another dime on this game or complete offers again.

~Regards Algoa~

No one is threatening to ban you :)

I don't remember deleting any of your post, so apologies if we did delete something constructive.

#43 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:20

i dont see why we cant have both? i dont want to be a seasoner and i dont hit for gold so PVP is over for a player like me. 

#44 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:24

Ok, my suggestions:

PvP Seasons:
-The name already say it, SEASON, it's like people going out to hunt dears, it's a SEASONAL thing, just remove it from the game, and implement it as a GLOBAL EVENT, that would make a lot more sense, and would be a lot easier to play it. The idea is kinda nice, I agree, but only as Global Event, not a everyday business.

Bounty Board:
-Keep the auto-bounty idea, need some fixes for sure, add expire time.
-Reintroduce the old BB too. 

Old-Ladder:
-Fix it and implement it again, so all levels can play it.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 03 August 2015 - 18:25.

#45 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:27

PvP Seasons:
-The name already say it, SEASON, it's like people going out to hunt dears, it's a SEASONAL thing, just remove it from the game, and implement it as a GLOBAL EVENT, that would make a lot more sense, and would be a lot easier to play it. The idea is kinda nice, I agree, but only as Global Event, not a everyday business.

If the community do decide they preferred the old PvP Ladder / Bounty Board then we could look at re-using the PvP Seasons system as some form of global event :)

#46 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:28

No one is threatening to ban you :)

I don't remember deleting any of your post, so apologies if we did delete something constructive.

Hi hoof i've been very active in this forum it happened a lot. Not trying to cause problems but i see algoa explaining. Some people got banned for suggesting cooldown in pvp and explained why it was needed. Some explained why the find player formula needs to be changed it was wrong...I personally even suggested that we need community poll to see if people liked this event or not. Would be very interested feedback to see if the system was on the right path. At this point i was banned with only moderator approval. For said reasons above, I looked back later to see my post about the community poll not accepted. The community poll was just put into the game a few hours ago. Personally i think deleting/editing posts should not be allowed even by HCS. This just makes people think you are censoring the players and not letting them give proper feedback. The pvp threads would of been alot more credible without deletes/edits. People would clearly see who are trying to cause problems and not. We are dumb remember haha this games very complicated and hard to play. Not many stick around because of its complexity. If you put a pull in the game right now if you think HCS is censoring Players i think it would pass with over 80%. I am literally posting this fearing losing my in-game account and being banned. I've noticed the people who were once actively involved in this thread trying to revolutionize it and change it for the better are now quiet. I know they are all un-banned because i was in contact with them all. This is very scary! I don't want to play a game where i fear the admins. I want to play a game where i look at the admins as a friend...Not a friend to leech off of and abuse. A friend that i am able to chat with if they have time away from improving the game and want to talk with me. I love this game i would never do anything wrong to hurt it. If you look at my activity card you will see i play this game all the time. I also don't even use auto-reload. I have been on alot of forums in my days and this is the only forums where the administrators will manually edit someones post or delete it totally. Unless it was just totally vulgar which i have yet to see a post on these pvp threads. Please notice this message and read it :(. No i am not asking for a apology, no i am not asking for anything other than you read this message. If you choose to take something away from it that's up to you. But depending on the answer i honestly might start losing interest in the game. Alot probably might say the same sitting silently watching to see if any brave souls like my post. If any brave souls quote my post and say something as well. I love the changes though,  i really do. The system is really playing out and evolving the way it should! Keep it up... I hope to see a flawless pvp season that exceeds the success of Vanilla FS PvP that all these pvpers talk to fondly of.

"Long Live FS, Lets look behind to figure out how to not repeat history...Let's look ahead on how to fix the issues in front of us." ~ EP 2015

~ Regards EP

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 August 2015 - 19:03.

#47 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:30

Bounty Board:
-Keep the auto-bounty idea, need some fixes for sure, add expire time.
-Reintroduce the old BB too. 

Not sure you could have both mate as it is not really an auto Bounty. If a player adds gold to the Bounty amount the attacking player will be bountied. So a player could find themself listed twice for 1 attack.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 03 August 2015 - 18:31.

#48 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:32

If the community do decide they preferred the older system, it is likely that the PvP Seasons could be converted into a form of PvP event (basically similar to how it works at the moment without the Titan League) - so in the case we do go back to the older system the effort wouldn't have been a waste on it :)

I think that'd be great!

I'm no fan of the changes, and I prefer the old system. I'm VERY happy you put a poll up :)

og3DxyP.gif

#49 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:32

What if wood to crystal remained as is and titan was changed.

In titan league there could be a gear selection page where players chose from newly designed gear that doesn't have a level, only stats and enhancements.  Level up points would not be counted.  A gear snap shot would be taken once gear is selected and accepted, and this would be players set up until until s/he decided to change it.  Buffs would be player's own selection.

I envision this as being 'virtual gear' so not shown on players profiles (for normal attacks or leveling) but will show on titan attack page, along with the chosen buffs. 

This would put everyone in titan league on the same footing for gear / level.  The skill would be in choosing the gear and enhancements and buffs.

(maybe allocate everyone in titan league with a total stat and allow them to distribute them as they wish?)

#50 nyklos

nyklos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:38

Dear Hoof,

why change working old system PVP and Bounties... If you want to put something new lets make new part of game like a Arena few years ago, like a Composing,...

That change destroyed one from best parts of this game...

That also destroy hard work lot of people with build smasher medal (now its so easy ... 1000 kills isnt problem daily in old system that was months).

I vote for old system bounty  and pvp band, for make it more atractive you could put there some new item sets. (there wasnt change for years, or something new).

Thank you

BR

P.

Edited by nyklos, 03 August 2015 - 18:38.

#51 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:46

If the community do decide they preferred the older system, it is likely that the PvP Seasons could be converted into a form of PvP event (basically similar to how it works at the moment without the Titan League) - so in the case we do go back to the older system the effort wouldn't have been a waste on it :)

That's what most people want, Hoof! Nothing wrong with the old PvP, especially with the BB but PvP Seasons would work really great as being an event, same as kill contribution events it would become very active, lots of people would have a go for it!

#52 Needlethee

Needlethee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:52

Hoof!!! Just listen to the players there are somethings we like and somethings we don't maybe come up with a way they can suggest ideas maybe create a forum sticky/post where people post ideas and whoever has most likes should be considered Idk just anything besides what y'all are doing now. All you're doing is asking if we like the update or not at least have some variety that's a hard question to answer cause I like some things and I hate others but you're just grouping everything altogether 

I agree.  Maybe the new pvp can be twike.  Any good suggestions out there?  I think some xp lose should be included.  leagues need to be closer in range of each other.  Everybody got use to the ladder and pvp.  Had the best of both worlds.  Hard to conbine those into one that would have similar options

Edited by Needlethee, 03 August 2015 - 18:54.

#53 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:54

If the community do decide they preferred the old PvP Ladder / Bounty Board then we could look at re-using the PvP Seasons system as some form of global event :)

It would be awesome!

Also, Bounty Board could be always optional: either you post the bounty (with a high amount of Gold) or you deposit Gold for the system post the Bounty.

#54 Algoa

Algoa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:59

OK ill give my honest openion, Return PvP to its previous glory in its entirety, with one change, bounty hunters should loose XP if they fail while attacking a player like they use to. Keep your fancy season you worked so hard on and make it into a global event, iv often thought you should have a pvp event. Also put the ladder back to the way it was as well only with rewards that are actualy worth something for your time (bound in my openion) like new gear to create or potions perhaps more like the arena prizes

45d5ca98.jpg

#55 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:01

Old times are golden :P

#56 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:03

If PvP Seasons became a Global Event rather than PvP norm how would contribution be gauged? Would everyone be out for themselves, as is the now, or would there be a count of total attacks/defences, bounties lost and won? Would there be a communtiy prize for these contributions, greater prize for greater numbers or would Titan League be the "Holy Grail"? If the only reward was achieving Titan league status then I'd suspect many would opt out making it a non community event.

Cheers.

wil72

#57 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:06

I am really satisfied with the pvp rewards for replacing crystal. I was expecting something that totally wasn't worth all the effort we put in. Great job...I can only imagine that the titan league rewards will be better. As they should be too it will be alot more brutal in titan league. I idled for about 6 hours and my composing pots wore off and i logged back into getting totally messed up by super low levels. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 August 2015 - 19:13.

• RED likes this

#58 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:12

Let me start out by saying I think this change is on the right track, it still needs some adjustments, but has potential.

I would rather everyone who makes it to titan league have a fair chance, but still have to beat every single opponent regardless of level, as the idea is to see who is the Top PVPer.

1 Possible Solution is to have the Titan league as follows:

-Everyone in Titan League is given the same restrictions for Gear. What does this mean? It would be similar to entering an Arena event. At the very begging of the league you get a Message saying "Congratulations for qualifying for the Titan League, This round Attacking Gear is Limited to Level 1500 gear and Below"

-For Rated Attacks NO MATTER what level you are you are able to equip gear up to the Max level of the league. This would only be allowed for people in the Titan League. (probably should also have some kind of Min level required to qualify for titan maybe level 100)

2nd Possible Idea to make it more even:

-Have the Crystal rewards have a very high level of Mighty Vigor so people could equip gear +500 to + 1000 levels above theirs and have access to better gear to compete with.

#59 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:13

I already see a more diverse group of people in this"Other" pvp where no one was actually doing anything much but getting tokens for sitting there the old way.......all i have to say.

#60 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:14

Haters gonna hate, vocal minority, yada yada yada. As human beings we are all resistant to change to one degree or another.

Low level players, why did you put yourself in titan league if you believe you have no chance of remaining there? What didn't you understand about the qualification process? The whole point of a titan league is that it is the best of the best. If you are not, then you don't belong there, do you?

Personally I've had very little interest in PvP over the years as it always seemed extremely elitist and expensive to do well. This update changes a lot of that and makes it worthwhile for an average player to participate. Obviously I'm not going to be titan league any time soon, maybe not ever, but it is an achievable goal and apparently a lot of fun along the way.

I can't believe anyone is seriously interested in going back to the ladders. Players making agreements about who will finish in which slot was a complete farce.

And, even the haters can't say anything about the new bounty board.

On a more serious note, the bounty board needs a timer since last attack. otherwise i'm either clicking continuously or i loose interest altogether.

Edited by PointyHair, 03 August 2015 - 21:04.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: