Photo

PvP Ladder Rewards - what would you like to see?

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#21 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 19:09

16a1kk9.jpg

Edited by shindrak, 11 August 2015 - 19:12.

#22 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 19:46

I'd like to see some potions, both leveling and pvp focused because they will get used up and require more token usage. One thing I thought of is to make a 60 minute bound pot that will cost X amount of tokens and a 15 minute unbound pot that would cost twice as much as the bound. Yes, the market will get flooded at first but twice the token price for a short period pot will burn up a lot of tokens in a hurry, allowing the market to balance itself out in short order.

Screenshot everything!

#23 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 20:52

I'd like to see some potions, both leveling and pvp focused because they will get used up and require more token usage. One thing I thought of is to make a 60 minute bound pot that will cost X amount of tokens and a 15 minute unbound pot that would cost twice as much as the bound. Yes, the market will get flooded at first but twice the token price for a short period pot will burn up a lot of tokens in a hurry, allowing the market to balance itself out in short order.

Yea that would be interesting :)

Bound version of pot with long duration and unbound version with short duration

#24 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 21:50

2 things from the other threads I linked to earlier that seemed to be popular.

In addition to the above potion ideas. But even more now than then, we are at risk of potion overload, but I suppose that until we reach that point we might as well keep them coming! Chug chug chug!

1) Crystal sets with great stats but low durability (25-30) for tokens - again so they get cycled through quickly to maintain demand. Or bought just for frags even! Have multiple sets across ranges and some with stat combinations friendly to levellers, many combinations great for pvp and more designed to be challenging arena sets, to maximise demand and utilise tokens. 

2) If prestige comes back with the old BB and the ladder, then tokens could be used to increase prestige beyond 10% (to say 15% max), or more interestingly, to extend the duration of prestige beyond 60 minutes. Increasing prestige benefits may act as an incentive to get players who might not otherwise try the ladders to give them a shot, was the thinking. 

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#25 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 11 August 2015 - 22:55

Initially the same, but we're open to suggestions to tweak and improve it. Please do post any suggestions on a separate thread however to keep this one for reward ideas :)

- 1 for the old leader

#26 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 23:48

so far what i liked is crystal gear(sets) and potions(4-5 potions like arena) i dont like the long potions unless defensive buffs. Some good potion ideas i saw were prestige idea by belaric of using tokens to increase prestige or duration:) and yotekiller idea about bound and unbound potions not sure on duration

also a idea i had suggested for season the cycling of rewards for example potion only come out 1 month out of the year ( could be gear to but i think potions are the best)

Edited by gilby90813, 12 August 2015 - 00:04.

#27 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:46

16a1kk9.jpg

quite smart shin though many wont go for that list unless we stole one or two that are already big elsewhere though pvp related, maybe a huge ironfist and enchant shield too?, id say cursed ring and rune but id hate to see those buffs ruined from castable for some weird unexplainable reason that just makes people wanna say well why not :P

#28 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:33

Potions...potion recipes? Gear ofcourse...so on and so forth

#29 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:57

If HCS decides to go the gear route, it may be best to not make gear with a 100% inventable chance just so it takes longer for the gear to phase out. 

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#30 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:25

(sorry if redundant)

Assuming prestige will return ... 

A potion similar to  librarian except it has a % chance to give you double PVP Prestige Gain!

example: 10% becomes 20% if it activates

A potion that gives PVP Prestige! (whether it returns or not) 

#31 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:50

Invigorate potion - Level 5,000 (50% increase to EPIC gear stats) or even Level 10,000 (100% increase to stats)

Invigorate 0 / 150   +0.01% per skill level added to your attack, defence, armor, HP and damage for each piece of equipped gear that is epic.

#32 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 16:27

so.... 

Maybe make these trophies a pvp season reward only you know like we have to participate in these seasons in order to make a select few pvp season sets? making them harder to obtain and more worthy of our time and energy?  

And then revamp the ladder with  redeemable potions/ crystalline gear?  these  rewards have to be semi finite  if were  bogging down the AH with items  you will need to revamp every year . 

#33 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 16:40

No, these trophies are going to be from the pvp globals.

#34 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 17:01

No, these trophies are going to be from the pvp globals.

your "no" is so confusing to me.... i know where their from, if that's what their going to be restricted to then  cool. I must have missed that  some where. 

#35 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 17:07

your "no" is so confusing to me.... i know where their from, if that's what their going to be restricted to then  cool. I must have missed that  some where. 

There will be pvp seasons still but they will be global events...

#36 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 17:27

Invigorate potion - Level 5,000 (50% increase to EPIC gear stats) or even Level 10,000 (100% increase to stats)

Invigorate 0 / 150   +0.01% per skill level added to your attack, defence, armor, HP and damage for each piece of equipped gear that is epic.

You realize it is .01% for each piece worn... So with 9 epics on, Level 5000-->450%. Level 10,000--> 900%.... So no... Just no...

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#37 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 17:51

There will be pvp seasons still but they will be global events...

i know that.... you and i are on two different pages i think. i was just expressing my want to keep these seasonal rewards ffrom this round a different currency than the replacement currency for the ladder. 

#38 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 18:24

i think that if you opt into the ladder then every one on it should be a potential target - mates or not 

yes there could be collusion between mates but that collusion will cost em xp loss 

speaking of xp loss --- the new proposed global seasons events =( 

this is what hoof said ---->  

2) The PvP Season system will no longer be a permanent feature, but instead we will remove the Titan League part and convert it into a new form of opt-in Global PvP Event. As well as this, during the PvP Events we will re-instate XP Loss for rated hits and also remove the ability to place a bounty for them.

i cannot see how this will not be a total disaster if hcs uses the same guidelines as how current seasons works 

picture this a high lvl player smashing all that come up as targets causing xp loss and lvls loss - now add in 100 other players doing the same thing all thru the event 

Edited by matt2269f, 12 August 2015 - 18:35.

#39 hittokiri

hittokiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 18:33

I would like to see different rewards that would not only encourage pvpers but other play styles (levelers, farmers, ....) to join the pvp ladder

rewards that I would like to see:

• pvp and hunting crystalline gear with great stats but different durability (for hunting gear low durability because you always use UB and hunt for a "short" time, finish hunting usually before your UB expires; pvp gear medium durability because you use them a lot longer than for hunting and the gear will be used when you are offline too, sometimes with an expired UB and it will lose faster duration that the hunting gear)
  • pvp and leveling bound and unbound potions with diffrent durations (yotekiller post https://forums.hunte...-2#entry944510)
  • frag stashes (being on the pvp ladder and spending stamina and frags for composing pots drains a lot, they can get some frags back with buying frag stashes from the frag shop paying with tokens)
  • upgrades (reserve stamina, max stamina, .....)
  • unique special potions that are only availabe from the pvp ladder  (like a prestige-LIB potion that does only work on prestige or a wrath potion that increases all stats by 5-10%)
  • increasing potion duration with adding extra x tokens (could use same interface as composing without frags but with tokens)
  • EPICS but will need a lot of tokens, long and difficult to get
  • add stamina gain per hour purchase-able with tokens (max 5-10 stamina gain), long and difficult to get (this will encourage other playing styles to go for them too)

I believe the more different rewards for different playing styles are added the more activity the pvp ladder will draw in smile.png

some will go for the frag stashes, others for the sets or stamina gain, everyone has different priorities

please make inventor II not work when inventing pvp ladder gear

#40 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 18:52

please make inventor II not work when inventing pvp ladder gear

No, just needs to be nerfed a tad...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users