20 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodqueen

Bloodqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 August 2015 - 20:34

As some of may have seen in some in some of my post I have some strong views on Pvp.

I strongly think Pvp should have a opt out totally option. I also think Pvpers should be allowed to pvp.

I have done tons and tons of thinking about pvp and came to the realization that I didnt know much about it at all.So to better understand it Im going to start to Pvp.

I hope that all you that look at my other post dont think me to be a hypocrite.I was never anti Pvp or wanted it removed from the game.Just wanted Pvp the option to do or not do.

I would love any advise Pvp players could give me,aka sets,buffs,who to attack or not to attack..

I would also love the cows views on Pvp.Have you or do you Pvp? what happens if some one Pvp you?

I apologize if I offended any one,I really just wanted opinions.

#2 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 21:43

and from whom would I get my gold from if not from all the levelers passing me by`? Make opt out in pvp and see the game to be shutdown by the end of this year. Why are you so concerned by PvP? its been part of this game since its beginnings..

Edited by BigGrim, 14 August 2015 - 10:33.
No flame bait.

#3 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2015 - 21:51

As much as this is a 'do whatever you like' game, it's just gotten way too easy now. If there was a total opt out option for people there would be NO risk at all left in this game. With buffs like SSI and all the other buffs nowadays it's simple to hunt with 50k stamina and not lose a combat once. Everything is just too safe nowadays. To me, a complete opt out of PvP is just cowardish. I'm not even a big PvPer and I don't like when my gold is stolen but I think even the idea of completely removing myself of all aspects of PvP is just stupid

#4 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 21:57

19001.jpg?_r=0

#5 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 22:05

Nice group of folks. She wants to try out pvp and she is getting hammered. So she said some negative stuff but at least she is willing to try. Help her out. Show her how fun pvp can be. Change her mind so she can help other levelers understand what a great aspect of the game pvp is. Or just jump all over her. :/

#6 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 22:14

The acronym Pvp appeared twelve times in the OP, not including the title.

There were 161 words, total.

That means "Pvp," or some derivative of if, made up eight percent of the OP.

Carry on.

#7 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:38

I know they (Cows) say PvP is a part of the game. Their view of it has always been a strong one. There are Enhancements given by gear just for PvP. Some that help players take anothers gold. Buffs too. Yet if you read Hooftest bio, it sounds like a threat to any who may attack. If it's by the rules of the game, anyone should be able to attack that player. I don't know how much he has now, but last week. He was hold over two million. I don't suppose he got PvPed

#8 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:41

lol unless it's changed, hooftest opted out of PvP long ago - no one can attack him

yUFOo.gif

#9 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:52

Not even in a gold hit?   O.O;;

He has over 4 mil now. lol

Edited by Pythia, 14 August 2015 - 01:55.

#10 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:53

Wait! What? Oh well then that is really now just a test dummy. Why have it in the game at all. Oh wait, isn't it a malti ROFLOL

#11 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:59

LOL    Funny

I do like the set and it has fantastic stats. I look forward to getting to that point in gear.

#12 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:01

and from whom would I get my gold from if not from all the lvling queens passing me by`? Make opt out in pvp and see the game to be shutdown by the end of this year. Why are you so concerned by PvP? its been part of this game since its beginnings..

I have seen a few post from you talking about how you love to steel gold and PvP.
Yet you were the first to post I. The forums when the league started. About how unfair it was. So belligerently in fact. That it had to be deleted.

Edited by BigGrim, 14 August 2015 - 10:38.
No flame baiting.

#13 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:06

LMAO.  I'm going to go ogle Hooftest's stats again. That's a primo set with killer stats.  I'll have to go look at other high level players to see if anything compares to that.

That's a set for killing if ever I've seen one.

#14 Bloodqueen

Bloodqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:29

Think He would loan that set to me for a while I could do some big time Pvp with that set..

Holy Cows,Cow men

#15 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:33

it's says in the bio that those items are not for use by public players. Now look at player Radneto. Same hammer. Seem its OK to bend the rules for themselves lol

#16 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:04

First off, anyone wanting to venture into the PvP aspect of this game, is more than welcome!
It is a part of the game, and has been for as long as I have been around, and even further back where it had serious impact on the game. I recall how Evfisher got to maintain her no.1 spot in the game, by beating down on those trying to take it from her - and yes they fought back, hard.

As is now, it has been watered down many times, to try and appease all who play the game. Some of the choices have had too big an impact on what PvP in FS is, some even to the point of devastation. It is not, what it used to be, and most of those who educated me on PvP, are no longer around..most slammed the FS door behind 'em, loudly.

As for this thread being derailed on Hooftest, the opt-out of PvP, the stats of the set etc. Hooftest is just that, at test character, and the gear will not be available to players. If another HCS member uses the same gear for whatever purpose they feel like, it is well within their rights, as developers of this game. They do not now, and properly never will, play the game enough to have any impact on how other players do anyways. The "warning" in Hooftests bio, is because of the stats which at the time the bio was written, was close to unbeatable by players. The opting the test character outta PvP, is due to the fact, that sometimes they test stuff related to economy, and hence the test character can at times hold insane amounts of gold, which should not be funneled into the game via PvP.
Oh, and there has been a few instances, where HCS members have thrown 'emselves into PvP, both hitting back and posting bounties.

As for advice to the OP; Start putting together setups, as you would for hunting, but with PvP in mind (obviously). Try to make the best defense based, armor based, attack based setup you can - always keeping in mind, what you want to be able to defend against, and what you want to be able to defeat with that specific setup. It is not enough to just make a high attack and damage setup (aka suicide) as you will most likely be defeated, if you miss on the first swing. I know it is common practice with a group of players these days to travel that road, and sure it may work eventually - but it will not give you any sort of understanding of what PvP is in FS, nor how the game mechanics work.
When you have a setup you think will work, start finding targets. Search for players within your normal range, and start hitting 'em - and most importantly, study the combat logs.

If you truly want to learn, find players within range who PvP. If you do not know of any, look at medals. Players with silver+ BH/Smasher medals could be a hint, that they like smacking around.
Try talking with 'em, and ask 'em to suit up and buff up, then do your attack. Pref get them on the board somehow (they'll know how), so you can have several chances to do battle with 'em.

You could also find a PvP orientated guild, ask to join and see if they'll help educate you in the ways of PvP.

GvG'ing may also provide you with some insight.

Good luck, and I hope to see you on the board sooner or later B)

Edited by KitiaraLi, 14 August 2015 - 07:07.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#17 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:53

I have seen a few post from you talking about how you love to steel gold and PvP.
Yet you were the first to post I. The forums when the league started. About how unfair it was. So belligerently in fact. That it had to be deleted.

Yes I did. I also was one of the first to get into silver league (took me about 20 minutes) Then right after getting to gold league I was hit for about 2 pages worth of hits by 2 players of lvl 1000 and 1500. Lost 10 lvls and went to the forums to post my feedback. It may have not been the most constructive one but who would be very rational when you just got 2 logs worth of defeats by 2 players who farmed you to get to gold and crystal tier in less than 25 minutes.

Edited by BigGrim, 14 August 2015 - 10:38.
No flame baiting.

#18 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:04

If you want to know what I "quoted", please read post #16 in this thread. Please read it patiently and in it's entirety.

For me, that post is the "essence" of PvP and smacked me in the face with the way things used to be.... something that I consider to be long lost. 

Yeah, yeah... I've been here 8 years. So what? 

Kit's post is a prime example of how PvP "used to be". Kit rationally explains their perspective on PvP and is providing info to help someone interested in it. 

I was not and am not a "PvPer". But some advice from players that were and/or would become some of the best "PvPers" in game helped me to see how this game works. 

Six years ago, I "bullied" a player with "hourly" hits.

The player posted in the forum about the issue. Who came to that player's rescue? Deserved or not, it was in the large majority a huge portion of players experienced in PvP that did their utmost to help. I had never seen such a huge movement by a portion of the FS population to educate a player. 

That thread was unfortunately lost when HCS switched to the new forum. But today, I've been reminded of that sincere desire to help people.

I applaud BQ for delving into something that they may not be that interested in. On a personal level, I believe that one needs to experience the other side to understand it. 

I bow to Kit for proving, once again, that "PvPers" are not evil. I sincerely thank this player for taking their time to give what I consider to be some extremely useful advice to help a player. 

Again, I'm not a "leveler" nor a "PvPer". I am an FS player. This is the best post and response I have seen in ages towards that end. 

Prosperous smacking everybody... whether your target be creatures or players... (o0

#19 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2015 - 19:22

@ Bloodqueen kudos for asking help in this area here in forum. :)   I can say been here a while and I have seen pvp meaning player vs player change a lot.  Do not get discouraged because there is a lot to digest here.  Many players have many opinions on how to play this area of fs. One important one is to have fun and do not get upset in losing some xp or levels. This goes with the territory with cause and affects aspects from updates and general changes made by hcs staff. 

Please do not take as a flamage but what is suggested now may change again with future updates. 

1) I will suggest find the best gear for your level in armor and defense set-ups then use a rotation of both sets of gears. 

2)  I will suggest learning potions/buffs.  I would start with skill listing read the mouse overs.  The reason there are buffs for armor gear only and some only for defense.  Plus there are potions that are not listed in the buff area and do look at resource under potions to see how they are used. Keep in mind in potions some are used for other things besides pvping.  I was given this advice by a hard core player that retired. This helps me a lot to this day understand how potions/ buffs work and if they are epic that are more powerful than normal types. You get the idea of what I am posting. 

3) Base stats, gear, potions/buffing and guild support with allies is part of it.  

The previous posts have given a lot of input and suggestions as well.  These are some general ideas and pointers.  I think one more off the top of my head is read some players bios.  I find there are tips and suggestions in many aspects of the game.  Some players like to mentor new players and usually answer questions. I have found some that do not want to do this and that is okay too.   I usually can tell by their bios a lot.  Good luck Bloodqueen when you are ready to try pvping.  Keep in mind if you lose xp , good news it can be gained back by hunting again.  ;)

Edited by bigchaos, 15 August 2015 - 19:27.

#20 Bloodqueen

Bloodqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 19:53

Awsome  Advise bigchaos :D  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana