ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:18

I read in that whinge thread that you guys are doing updates to ASV and other dungeons soon. Please do not make it easier. It is a good challenge right now, if anything add some AoE attacks to the 3rd boss (he seems to be a warrior, give him that green spinny talent that they do) to make him more of a challenge.

I agree with doing something about the loot tables, even if it is just a wep and def gem per boss that would help in repairs.

Anyway thought I would start this thread for others to make suggestions on keeping this challenging and fun!

Oh, i love that cause of the health increase in there that pinatas are now super pinatas, lol

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#2 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:33

Maybe you like it right now Ernzor because you have your group. But for what i am seeing, theres just 1 group run a day because its too hard (if theres one). Never found a group since the first day me made it (5 days ago i think). Every group i heard they tried it all died in few seconds against first boss or before.

If nobody is doing it what the point of keeping it the way it is?

#3 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:52

i'm not there yet i cant adress difficulty but i hope they keep in mind more hp and stronger hits aren't the only way to increase diffulty...  the runs take an hour +   while personaly i dont mind that so much (if the dungeon is interesting) a lot will be turned off by it and all sugestions should be how to keep people not what would i like. :)

that said 10mil hp dont make a boss harder.....  10mil hp and 10x the attack power dont make the boss fun 

attack and tactic diversity is the way to to go....  it dont have to be a 20 minute fight a 5 minute fight is enough if it is fun and difficcult and requires full team tactics to complete.

also try to keep in mind ASV is the FIRST (granted for now only but that will change) ascended dungeon. while it should be hard it should also leave room for dificulty progression. so each advanced dungeon beyond is able to be stronger and stronger with the last one needing a very leet group of players to complete

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#4 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:53

tbh... 1 hour a day for a fabled... bow.  Not even interested in trying it out atm  :mellow:

Edited by Alteration, 26 April 2014 - 05:54.

#5 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:56

Bosses should drop relics . should not be a daily 

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#6 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:10

also try to keep in mind ASV is the FIRST (granted for now only but that will change) ascended dungeon. while it should be hard it should also leave room for dificulty progression. so each advanced dungeon beyond is able to be stronger and stronger with the last one needing a very leet group of players to complete

Considering their history, I am sure that they just intend to make each one longer, not harder. Seeing that it takes at least 60 minutes to complete, I have absolutely no desire to do it (this is a game after all, not a lifestyle, not a job). Considering it's the entry level ascended dungeon, I really have no hope for the other ones. Being difficult does not mean it should be a huge waste of time.

Bosses should drop relics . should not be a daily 

That's exactly my thought. I hate dailies. The POS is already 1 hour a run, there is no way I would ever run it more than 3 times, if at all in one day. I can understand that making it daily makes it absolutely impossible for people to mindlessly grind it out in 1 week, however it basically turns the game into something you log on once a day for and then quickly log off. I can see why no one can find a team, with exception to this one group. When you limit gameplay to 1 repeat, boring dungeon a day, and make it a chore, it's incredibly easy for people to just not log on at all after a few of those. Should they really be limiting play time for a game with a total population of 70-200 players daily? Of which only about 10% are capable of doing ASV?

Edited by ComradeLewis, 26 April 2014 - 06:13.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#7 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:03

More and more people will get fully geared and go through this dungeon soon. Right now there is only a few runs a day. There will be more soon.

I agree that trying it now without a fully geared group can lead to bad results, but that is how it should be. This was designed to be the next progression of dungeons after 45 dungeons.

There would be even more incentive to run it if relic rewards were given per run, even if it was 1 for final boss that would make it still take a long time (like what HCS is intending here) but still give players an incentive to do it again a few times each day.

If for the HP in here is decreased as I know that turns some people off. Please shorten the enrage timers accordingly. Right now they are just about right for the amount of HP the bosses have.

When lvl 50 is here

#8 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:05

There's a lot of controversy surrounding this topic, and I want to convey my views.

ASV (or any other ascended dungeon) are designed to be completed once you are fully geared.

ASV rewards you with the best weapons in the game, of course it's going to be hard (although my sympathies are with rangers since they're stuck with using the bow)

It's difficulty level can be justified, and people should really stop complaining it's 'too hard'. Boohoo...

Can't finish ASV effectively? Well, you're obviously undergeared, or don't have a suitable gem setup to conquer it. People just want to rush to get the end-game gear, and once you do you'll be totally bored. So what if you have to spend 1 hour a day for 100 days to get the best weapons in the game? At least you've got an incentive to log on everyday.

However, I do agree ASV has some problems:

The loot table is severely broken, and does not make up for the repair costs. Bosses should drop a more variety of items, but I don't agree that they should drop relics; if they do, people will be fully geared in no time, and the end-game gear isn't meant to be easy to get.

Edited by Crusader, 26 April 2014 - 11:06.

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#9 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:27

I'm pretty much focused on boss mechanics for the next few weeks. Making things take longer is the cheap and easy route for us, and that's not what what my goal is at the moment.

So last week I was working on Rumble. I've given him a couple of new mechanics that I hope to change the fight from a pure tank and spank long boring fight into something a bit more reactionary. The goal is if you do things right you will be able to kill him in a decent time frame, but if people are sloppy he will take significantly longer and possibly cause a wipe.

For the ascended mode I aim for the same deal, but much harsher penalties on mistakes, along with the bosses in general hitting a good deal harder.

Mojawk was ok with the idea of trimming out some of the trash in the grotto, but again if were doing that I might try and give them some new mechanic that punishes lack of coordination, somehow ;p

Also I think Mojawk mentioned, we're probably going to switch to each boss awarding relics (still daily though), with the final bosses rewarding the most so as to still be worth doing.

If we let people farm the bosses constantly for relics, some people will get them all in a long weekend and be complaining that they want even better gear. We need to pace the fastest players, we just cant accommodate the rate at which some people can consume content! It is our goal for the actual endgame that grinding ascended dungeons is not the only thing to do.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#10 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:30

Oh and the point about repair costs, we definitely need to do something here. Perhaps dropping more green/blue loot on dungeon trash would make them more lucrative. Perhaps altering the durability value in dungeons so it's less of a burden on everyone. Perhaps just throwing money at tanks constantly, like a stream of gold just pouring into their pocket! Ok that last one was a joke ;)

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#11 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:39

As a tank who has done it a few times in a row, I want a repair kit at the end instead of gold. I still get riddled in there for durability even if I don't die so imagine if I die a few times.  Also I would say, for once........ some people need to stand up to this crap of the vocal minority demanding everything would be harder. What happened last time, we got grotto thanks to your cries for harder which equalled = LONGER AND BORING. No it does not need to get harder, are we trying to destroy what is left of this game so no one else can play but the few elite.

The first boss needs a downgrade if what maq is saying is true and other crews can't make it past first boss. Because it is the first boss, it is all well and good if you have a team around who do not freeze and know what to do in heated situation and when. But that is not the majority of this game.

#12 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:43

Making things take longer is the cheap and easy route for us, and that's not what what my goal is at the moment.

I take it that means that the time is going to be trimmed down. I don't consider 65 minutes to complete acceptable, or challenging. Well, it's challenging for your bladder, I am guessing that's not what people meant about more of a challenge though...

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#13 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 20:37

You have to be careful though there fable. Groups are going into ASV under geared and complaining about how tough it is. It is designed as end game content now for when you have your full 45 setup. Have been through there a few times with you and it is quite manageable if we go about it sensibly. I have also been through there with under geared groups and have seen the difference.

We dont want to make ASV easy enough for those newly lvl45 to be able to walk through picking flowers.

Lefty keep up the great work!

When lvl 50 is here

#14 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 21:36

You have to be careful though there fable. Groups are going into ASV under geared and complaining about how tough it is. It is designed as end game content now for when you have your full 45 setup. Have been through there a few times with you and it is quite manageable if we go about it sensibly. I have also been through there with under geared groups and have seen the difference.

We dont want to make ASV easy enough for those newly lvl45 to be able to walk through picking flowers.

Lefty keep up the great work!

Still i dont even know if i am gonna do ASV, the reward is a bit unrewarding atm my build(healer) requires haste, but there is no gem for haste, sapphires dont give that much of a difference even putting 3 perfect sapphires on that new set is somewhat dull, i believe most healers must have similar opinions, we mostly will be doing it for the "thrill of the hunt"

Then we have rangers   ..   that have a bow ...

So basicly mages will be doing asv, tanks, warriors, and sins.

I dont know if its dificult or not i am just curious but again not trilled.

EDIT: will anyone make a live feed  of a next run?

Edited by Susej, 26 April 2014 - 21:40.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#15 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:50

Oh and the point about repair costs, we definitely need to do something here. Perhaps dropping more green/blue loot on dungeon trash would make them more lucrative. Perhaps altering the durability value in dungeons so it's less of a burden on everyone. Perhaps just throwing money at tanks constantly, like a stream of gold just pouring into their pocket! Ok that last one was a joke ;)

I actually like your last idea!  Tanks take the brunt of the punishment, Prince Ryan should be giving tanks, and only tanks, a bonus for each completed dungeon run...  :lol:

Edited by Bryn, 27 April 2014 - 11:04.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#16 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:06

but i liked that joke, it would want me to be tank again!

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: