#1 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2012 - 15:10

Yea lets get the discussion started :)

Which of the hunted cow games do you play ? and why ?
instead of just making a short post with a short answer you might also want to say why you enjoy playing it ?
Perhaps there are some of the upcoming games that you may want to try. :P

Personally I currently only play legacy online, I like the community we have there.
There is this warfare which can be entertaining when there are a bit/lot of players in and most of the people in there can get a joke :-x

Maybe trying out eldevin later :x seems pretty cool :rolleyes:

Lets begin the discussion :D

Posted Image

#2 Anialator

Anialator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge
  • Lao People's Democratic Republic

Posted 14 October 2012 - 15:23

I was a player of Legacy before it was HCS. [/hipster]

I like Legacy because of its political system. It is a game where you can make a name for yourself without having to give up your life to it (though I guess I did that too whoops :X)

Each of the four gangs has a different political style while remaining relatively equal in combat strength, and its the mix of variety and balance that really sets this game apart from other mmorpg's. Whether you prefer a strict dictatorship or an open democracy with free speech, there is a place for all people in Legacy.

2zges12.jpg

Anialator - (War Master of The Chapter - Legacy Online)

#3 Wee Beasties

Wee Beasties

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 October 2012 - 20:50

I prefer to play Civil War and Tank Battle myself. I have too many other things going on to get deeply immersed in a role-playing game :-(

I grew up - dating myself here - playing Avalon Hill and SPI boardgames (such as PanzerBlitz). The turn-based games from Hunted Cow are AWESOME! I really enjoy being able to kick back for a few minutes with my iPad and play a quick game. Just wish that I could play head-to-head with a live person online. Sadly, I don't often have anyone nearby interested in a pass-and-play game.

#4 fallean

fallean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 00:12

Fallen Sword... working on my medals... waiting for the achievements to come out...

#5 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2012 - 20:05

When it first came about I was trying Gothador, and while it is nice and all, I was playing a similar game already and didnt feel like splitting my focus. So, I gave it a miss, later on when a different game I had been playing lost its appeal, a group I was part of discovered fallensword, we found all sorts of things we liked so as a group we took the plunge and came over. Hooked some of us really well I should say though my original trying of it was accompanied by kicking, screaming and much reluctance, but here I am years later. The community, the parts at least that I interact with, are what keep me around. when SS2 came out I gave it a shot, it didn't really grip me though. funny how that turns out sometimes

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#6 Visigoth

Visigoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:01

I prefer to play Civil War and Tank Battle myself. I have too many other things going on to get deeply immersed in a role-playing game :-(

I grew up - dating myself here - playing Avalon Hill and SPI boardgames (such as PanzerBlitz). The turn-based games from Hunted Cow are AWESOME! I really enjoy being able to kick back for a few minutes with my iPad and play a quick game. Just wish that I could play head-to-head with a live person online. Sadly, I don't often have anyone nearby interested in a pass-and-play game.

How does dating yourself work?
Lost in the Fog

#7 Cow

Cow

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 20:03

I just got into gaming again so... Nothing -_-

#8 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 22:17

I am player of Legacy, long before it was merged into HCS.
Started back in 2009, haven't stopped playing since.
Legacy does have a great community, which has probably been why I have been playing for so long. Only thing that sucks is that the attack system is a bit wonky and that Updates are practically rare nowadays.

- Teeg

#9 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 14:50

Fallensword here as well. Been at it for over 6 years and never really leveled that much. I enjoy playing a supporting role in the game by buffs and helping the new guys.

Also am known for wild and crazy photos and using them for replies instead of actually typing something, so this is a rare treat for those that know me. :lol:
Posted Image

#10 AttorraRu

AttorraRu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2013 - 18:08

Play fallensword and tried Sigma Storm 2 but didn't like it much, mainly due to the way the setup hurt my eyes. I keep playing because of my guild.

Sig16avi703-Ru2_zps6167231b.png by Zeder

"Surrender is NOT an option" - Tamra Dragonstar - Lord Command of the Dnulian Army. (Queen)

#11 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 March 2013 - 18:43

HCS - Fallen Sword: the only game that has keep me playing for over 4 years.  The people, particularly guild members, keep me playing, and HCS has done wonders in keeping the game fresh and exciting over the years.  Also, play Battle Dungeon: Risen, it's a great game and was glad to see the game resurrected.

Other Games - meh, some mobile games that keep me interested for a weekend or two at most.  Please Stay Calm has actually lasted for over a month now.  Looking forward to Eldevin.  Played WoW for several months, but grew bored with it after getting to level 85, and starting  another character doing the same thing over.  Was not thrilled with MoP expansion.  Played Runescape years ago, and liked it at the time.

PC - used to be a huge strategy player, Age of Empires, Warcraft, Starcraft, etc.  Some FPS such as Quake, HalfLife, etc.

Consoles - Looking forward to The Walking Dead, as I am obessessed with the show and comics. :)

#12 Etlebrook

Etlebrook

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 14 March 2013 - 15:58

HCS - Fallen Sword. It is the one of two games I have remained totally loyal to. My guild has come and gone, but several of us remain and formed an old timers group... (LOL not player years; real years!) Love the game; love most of the people and really love how supportive HCS is to their user groups. Unlike many others I have played, HCS really does listen to their endusers (despite many saying otherwise)....

PC and Other: The entire Elder Scrolls series by Bethusa! I played Arena on an old Tandy x86, got hooked and never looked back. Others I have looked at like WOW and Runescape, but I keep coming back to TES. In the 3D enviroment I love first person; absolutely hate third person. I want to be the character walloping the thief I caught, not watching from afar. Lol....

Also loved the Quake series, Half life. I still will find the disks occasionally and play every once in a while. If anyone else knows of some really good FPS games newly released please let me know! I got tired of ending up with third person and stopped even looking for some time now....

#13 Bruut

Bruut

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 March 2013 - 21:56

FallenSword, not been playing for long but addicted already.

The team spirit in my guild, friendly community eventhough i am going for smasher medals, and lots to do if you are not to focussed on levelling up.

Eldevin (loving it)

avimax_zps9d2c373f.jpg

#14 Mlafou

Mlafou

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:13

HCS-FallenSword and now beta testing Eldevin (So patiently have waited for this one to get to the point of beta and then hopefully soon live)

Other gaming sites that offer card, board, soltaire games. Such as pogo, gamesville etc

FB games although they can be cheesy are sometimes good when you just want to do something brainless lol

I have a few free apps on my smart phone that again are just card games, board games etc.

Then in real life I play those.

No gaming consoles in this house, and do not plan on getting another one.

"Angel of HoPE, I felt the flurry of wings stiring in the air.

within the darkness a light glimmered, and HoPE was born."

#15 thelegendofmaxpayne

thelegendofmaxpayne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:07

My laptop is about as powerful as a slice of buttered toast so I like to fire up an N64 emulator and play the original deus ex etc when i'm not on console. but now i have eldevin to peruse.

#16 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:31

Eldevin haha ;) 

#17 Ziggeh

Ziggeh

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:45

HCS Games- Legacy Online and now Eldevin :D

#18 ginger

ginger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 13:26

Fallensword here as well. Been at it for over 6 years and never really leveled that much. I enjoy playing a supporting role in the game by buffs and helping the new guys.

Also am known for wild and crazy photos and using them for replies instead of actually typing something, so this is a rare treat for those that know me. :lol:

I also happen to play Fallensword, have been for some time now. I had an account and stopped playing and recently just got back into it and now i play all the time,  love then game, there are so many cool and interesting people there. :P

#19 ginger

ginger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 13:28

HCS - Fallen Sword. It is the one of two games I have remained totally loyal to. My guild has come and gone, but several of us remain and formed an old timers group... (LOL not player years; real years!) Love the game; love most of the people and really love how supportive HCS is to their user groups. Unlike many others I have played, HCS really does listen to their endusers (despite many saying otherwise)....

PC and Other: The entire Elder Scrolls series by Bethusa! I played Arena on an old Tandy x86, got hooked and never looked back. Others I have looked at like WOW and Runescape, but I keep coming back to TES. In the 3D enviroment I love first person; absolutely hate third person. I want to be the character walloping the thief I caught, not watching from afar. Lol....

Also loved the Quake series, Half life. I still will find the disks occasionally and play every once in a while. If anyone else knows of some really good FPS games newly released please let me know! I got tired of ending up with third person and stopped even looking for some time now....

I'm new to the whole forum thing, do you know how to send suggestions for updates to HCS?

#20 Dizy

Dizy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • French Polynesia

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:55

Semi retired in Fallen Sword.

Noob in Eldevin.

HCSsigi001.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users