Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:00

Would it be possible to add

Sustain and Fury Caster to :-

Colossal Glittering Snowball, Mirka's Abominable Boots and Flashing Catseye Ring as the Boots of Wyld Mari have ??

Just checked and Rhizomes Biscuity Necklace, Granny Jezes Jumper & Sylvestris Pine Loop don't have 'em either ?

Just a shot in the dark - makes wearing  best (or best you can get for your level) epics n still maintaining 100% in Sustain and Fury Caster much simpler

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#2 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:15

Would it be possible to add

Sustain and Fury Caster to :-

Colossal Glittering Snowball, Mirka's Abominable Boots and Flashing Catseye Ring as the Boots of Wyld Mari have ??

Just checked and Rhizomes Biscuity Necklace, Granny Jezes Jumper & Sylvestris Pine Loop don't have 'em either ?

Just a shot in the dark - makes wearing  best (or best you can get for your level) epics n still maintaining 100% in Sustain and Fury Caster much simpler

Glob shield doesn't have it either... It is what it is... the sacrifice for gaining more stam?

#3 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:18

Sustain has been missing on all the new epics, makes it annoying when trying to buff guild mates. So I agree it would be nice if it was added to the recent epics.

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:33

Glob shield doesn't have it either... It is what it is... the sacrifice for gaining more stam?

Yeah - knew it wasn't there too - maybe add those 2 enhancements to ALL epics :)

Sustain has been missing on all the new epics, makes it annoying when trying to buff guild mates. So I agree it would be nice if it was added to the recent epics.

We can hope ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,869 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2016 - 15:17

The Epics are designed as we wish them to be. Not all Epics have to have the same enhancements.

~ Grim

#6 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 19:23

The Epics are designed as we wish them to be. Not all Epics have to have the same enhancements.

~ Grim

That clears it up... 

Combat sets people, combat sets. That's what I used in the old days to quickly switch between whatever and 100% sustain when buffing. 

Hope it helps. 

#7 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 19:30

That's why I still like my ogaliths gloves and epidemicus rune....

#8 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 19:54

That clears it up...

Combat sets people, combat sets. That's what I used in the old days to quickly switch between whatever and 100% sustain when buffing.

Hope it helps.

Understood. Just when folks buy from you and you have a 40 sustain, you feel a little bad for them. Lol

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2016 - 21:01

That clears it up... 

Hope it helps. 

I've made another full sustain / fury caster setup - but would have LIKED to have kept that as my best epics setup as I have done previously. Glad I didn't sell my Roach Rune or Nutcracker Ring,

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 21:16

Understood. Just when folks buy from you and you have a 40 sustain, you feel a little bad for them. Lol

I wouldn't. There's a mouse over for that. I often pay more for 100% (or more) sustain. Of course, yes I do actually check that, lol.

The issue I had with the suggestion, and no ill will, was simply what BG ended up saying, short and succinct. 

Add to that, once the snowball starts rolling...

Wouldn't we like all our stam gain setups to have hooftest capacity? lol. Temporal shift, blah, blah... 

#11 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2016 - 23:00

I wouldn't. There's a mouse over for that. I often pay more for 100% (or more) sustain. Of course, yes I do actually check that, lol.

The issue I had with the suggestion, and no ill will, was simply what BG ended up saying, short and succinct. 

Add to that, once the snowball starts rolling...

Wouldn't we like all our stam gain setups to have hooftest capacity? lol. Temporal shift, blah, blah...

A lot of the new stam gain items DO have Temporal Shift wink.png  - look at mine for instance.

I'm not asking for stat affecting enhancements, just Sustain and Fury Caster - but, it seems we've had our perfectly reasonable answer.

Edited by BigGrim, 20 December 2016 - 12:00.
Flame bait removed.

#12 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 00:11

A lot of the new stam gain items DO have Temporal Shift wink.png  - look at mine for instance.

I'm not asking for stat affecting enhancements, just Sustain and Fury Caster

I know Pardoux and apologies as I def didn't mean that as a shot at you. 

The whole "snowball" concept was simply that once a player starts asking... blah, blah. 

I also do NOT know for sure, but a quick look at your Epics shows that none that have temporal shift has sustain. 

It's been quite awhile with Titan Hunting for me... I did always wonder how effectively a player could work Temporal Shift enhancement with smacking Titans if they had to switch stats to smack. I have zero knowledge there.

Regardless, stats are not the only game in town. Grant it, enhancements are often overlooked but can be taken advantage of. 

I don't think enhancements should be belittled as if they were somehow "worse" than stats and I definitely don't think they should be added to everything. If we argued for the Sustain to be added, then shouldn't Temporal Shift be added to those that have it? 

It just makes no sense to me. 

But to ask another way: 

How many people here switch to items to get to 100% Master Inventor enhancement when inventing items? I do.

How many people here switch to items to get Master Blacksmith at 100% to repair items? I tend to after GvG, PvP attacks.

Enhancements have their benefits (or at least some)... I used to always believe that PvPers understand that a bit more, because I felt there are more options there.

Has that been lost? I'm not sure. 

There is of course a balance to be decided on many of them with structures. 

Do you have Fury Shrine, Sustain Shrine and Mage Tower maxed? Do you really need them to be?

As yot mentioned about feeling "sorry" for those that buy from a seller that doesn't have full Sustain... 

Then those buying need to think. Or those selling, if they want to get a price they are looking for, need to think. Sellers with access to composing pots have a lot of options to making their prices more competitive.

I do buy Imps from peeps with no Mage Tower and low sustain when farming for example. But I evaluate how long it will last, blah, blah. Sometimes I find sellers whose price will get me through by buying twice and it will still be cheaper overall. Sometimes, I buy the lower price for the last leg.

In a nutshell... pick your game and play it your way. Enhancements don't seem to be taken into account very much. They have their uses and, I believe, shouldn't be given out "just cuz".

Everyone chooses what they wear. Just as somebody wearing stam gain is vulnerable to PvP, Ladder or GvG, so do those jonesing for stam need to "think" when they buff or do whatever. Different game aspects, different priorities.

#13 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:24

So maybe the best plea is to ensure that fury caster/sustain appear in a sufficient percentage of all new epics. One really only needs 2-3/9 with these buffs (given the levels they usually come at).

Edited by rowbeth, 20 December 2016 - 06:28.

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,869 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:02

As stated, not all epics need to have the same enhancements.

~ Grim

*Locked*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: