#1 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 February 2022 - 03:49

I am marked as a mentor in game.

And yes, I get questions at my worst times whether I'm tired, pissed off at my horse or drunk :P

One of my questionees asked me how to stop GvG against their guild. Player recently sent ticket.

This is a fairly weak player and the only one active in the small guild.

When questioned about what to do to prevent GvG against only active member of said guild...activate UB(unbreakable) and Deflect...one target right, take them over an hour to complete all 25 hits!

Well, then I found out the guild that initiated the GvG against this single active guild mate, also is one of our targets in GvG and visa versa O.O

So it is not like we can go punish them as we already do :)

This player's ticket will likely get no results, yet I will do what I can, as this player's mentor, to find a solution for tiny guilds with 1 active player trying to play game without being attacked by bigger guilds.

SHOW SOME DARN RESPECT GVG GUILDS!

Edited by WandKing, 20 February 2022 - 18:22.

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 04:03

It would be really nice if the cows would look into this....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 04:51

Thanks Penny, yeah there are probably 100s of guilds out there that are inactive, yet one member decides to play the game, learn the new additions and advance, they all of a sudden get bombarded from advanced guilds...GvP...that aint right :(

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 05:05

I believe there needs to be restrictions put into place for GvG... 

not sure what the comparison parameters should be, but RP ratings, minimum activity (by this I mean to include  ratio between active members vs total members), and even guild levels should be taken into consideration... Maybe even an opt-in system similar to the ladder?  

There are too many "sleeping" guilds, those that have maybe a couple of members that log in sporadically, mainly to socialize...  Being slammed with a GvG in the interim is not conducive to player retention...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#5 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 21:31

I'd love to see a GvG rework.

#6 TheCount

TheCount

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 01:15

I personally would love to see a rework as well. But on the other hand GvG is a part of the game. Disrespect has nothing to do with it. Locking Conflicts behind a bunch of set restrictions would kill that aspect of the game entirely, which is an aspect a lot of people actually enjoy. The player base is too small for that.

Opt in kills the point of "Conflict" in general. Should we also opt in for whether or not players can steal our gold? Not only that, this would kill GvG entirely in it's current state.

Separating brackets by GvG Rating would be horrible in the current state as well. Guilds like TEOG and KOTFW would be able to hit just a few guilds, while other guilds could farm RP, as most do. This would completely negate the rewards of focusing on GvG as a guild.

Separating by Guild Levels is the worst idea presented. What if RlOT wants to initiate against MOM? That is a guild that is above us significantly in Rating, should we not be able to hit them just because they are larger?

Now that I have complained a bit, I do think variations of these ideas could be successful under a proper GvG Rework that incentivizes actual competitive play. I think Ryebred made a wonderful post that is widely referenced to whenever this topic is brought up, would be great to see some of that brought into the game.

#7 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2022 - 01:52

as TheCount mentioned, Ryebred's thread, i read it long long ago, it was very very decent, i think now is a good time to act HCS, this would be appreciated being moved into the roadmap ASAP!

#8 missshiv

missshiv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 02:04

I understand how frustating it can be to log into a silent guild and get targeted by a gvg. I applaud anyone listed as a mentor, as there is a lot to learn in game, and gvg's are no exception.

However, players in gvg's already have uncalculated protections in their favor based on their level and amount of activity.  No one is getting pummeled for months on end while they are away. 

Being slammed with a GvG in the interim is not conducive to player retention...

Besides broken gear, there is no real risk in terms of xp or gold loss in gvgs to targets.   This is a point that could be best explained by a mentor.  The opt in system is for when real loss is at stake, not annoyances, like on the ladder.  With the system granting RP to any guild that finishes their hits, every guild gains something.  I fail to see how an honor system needs to even be considered for a next to no risk situation.  Gvg's need a revamp more in line with Ryebred's suggestions from years ago.

Edited by missshiv, 21 February 2022 - 13:06.

#9 nickkc420

nickkc420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 04:38

hmm

#10 IVANIDAS

IVANIDAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 04:40

Interesting  :ph34r:

1XUAuwf.png

#11 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 17:10

A little off topic but you know what would be GREAT for GvG and PvP a cloak that actually hides stats and the bonus stats from showing… II currently have cloak running in a armor setup … but due to the dang bonus stats showing I can still tell that I’m running a armor setup with high attack… hide that to. Make cloak be what it’s name intends. Thanks for listening. I’m out. PEACE ✌️

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 17:52

A little off topic but you know what would be GREAT for GvG and PvP a cloak that actually hides stats and the bonus stats from showing… II currently have cloak running in a armor setup … but due to the dang bonus stats showing I can still tell that I’m running a armor setup with high attack… hide that to. Make cloak be what it’s name intends. Thanks for listening. I’m out. PEACE ✌

I've always thought this.... at the least those bonuses should all look like this (????????) 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 19:18

I'm against cloaking bonus stats, at least then if you know what you are doing you can reverse engineer the stats/ballpark. Sure after 5-10 combats of fully cloaked stats you can MAYBE reverse engineer but that's no fun. This just turn the game into more of a coinflip than it already is.

Edited by EpicPiety, 21 February 2022 - 19:19.

#14 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 22:16

I'm against cloaking bonus stats, at least then if you know what you are doing you can reverse engineer the stats/ballpark. Sure after 5-10 combats of fully cloaked stats you can MAYBE reverse engineer but that's no fun. This just turn the game into more of a coinflip than it already is.

^^^^This.  Take a few swings against armor and even if you are right, about the time you get it figured out they switch to defense.  Keep switching it around without the attacker having a clue if they are even on the right track and most won't bother trying.  That won't be good for pvp.  At least with bonuses showing you know where to start but there's still no guarantee you will be successful.  Besides, Cloak was originally created to help arena players hide their setups, pvp and gvg uses are just a bonus.

Screenshot everything!

#15 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 04:50

Agreed. How many times have I heard, my stats were better, why did I lose. Got to keep them nasty buffs secret from the buff untutored.

Yet back to the core of this post. Finding out that a top 20 guild is farming one player in a lower rank silent guild is not right.

Love the way this post turned out though :)

Possible suggestions or alternatives...always good to have a second pair of eyes! 

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 14:44

GvG hasn't been right basically since it's inception. It's unlikely it will change, IIRC on the first roadmap years ago we were going to get a GvG revamp inspired from ryebred. I am hopeful we can get that back on a future roadmap but I'm not holding my breathe.

Hunting is only like 10% of the game the other 90% consists of so much more including GvG. I can make arguments that GvG and other group activities are actually much more important.

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 15:01

GvG hasn't been right basically since it's inception. It's unlikely it will change, IIRC on the first roadmap years ago we were going to get a GvG revamp inspired from ryebred. I am hopeful we can get that back on a future roadmap but I'm not holding my breathe.

Hunting is only like 10% of the game the other 90% consists of so much more including GvG. I can make arguments that GvG and other group activities are actually much more important.

Although there have been improvements and changes for the better in the past, like years and years ago, you are right that GvG is still kind of broken...  I've noticed that most that object to GvG are most concerned about gear damage.... since gold and XP are not part of GvG, damage to gear should also be taken off the table.  That way, the casual player or newer player that gets hit by a serious GvGer won't feel so bullied.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#18 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 15:18

Damaging gear is pivotal to GvG. It's part of the strategy to be precise.  If i had it my way they'd lose gold/exp as well. What's the point of a guild conflict if there isn't any damage? You can only GvG a guild every 10 days, the damage from 100 100 stams is 8-9 levels at best at the cost of 10k stamina. Even the most noobiest of players can gain 8-9 levels in 10k stam (And we are assuming here in the GvG a single person will be hit 100 times). This game thrived when pvp/gvg thrived and it died when it came under attack.

With PvP Protection available i don't see why there shouldn't be exp loss on every type of hit. You have the ability as a player to toggle if you want to lose exp from hits.

*Side Note* Someone could break all my gear down to 0/160 and the most i'd pay to repair it is 5-10k. Those interested in this statement can do a little research.

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 16:17

Damaging gear is pivotal to GvG. It's part of the strategy to be precise.  If i had it my way they'd lose gold/exp as well. What's the point of a guild conflict if there isn't any damage? You can only GvG a guild every 10 days, the damage from 100 100 stams is 8-9 levels at best at the cost of 10k stamina. Even the most noobiest of players can gain 8-9 levels in 10k stam (And we are assuming here in the GvG a single person will be hit 100 times). This game thrived when pvp/gvg thrived and it died when it came under attack.

With PvP Protection available i don't see why there shouldn't be exp loss on every type of hit. You have the ability as a player to toggle if you want to lose exp from hits.

*Side Note* Someone could break all my gear down to 0/160 and the most i'd pay to repair it is 5-10k. Those interested in this statement can do a little research.

Vicious, aren't you?
So, you advocate Cows with Guns?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#20 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 18:21

Talking about Cloak...What about a Cloak 2.0 (probably a better name) buff to hide the buffs the person is running? What are the thoughts on that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: