• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 FKU2

FKU2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 21:17

i feel like alot of people saying this is against tos dont understand how vr works XD you can already load into vr chat and load any website onto a tv whether it be facebook/instagram etc. and thats all the that the screens and pictures you are seeing on the wall are. its just streams of already existing content, idk how you could exploit something like this when its not giving you any extra options that game doesnt already give, its just a new way to view/communicate with the community 

#42 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 21:52

i feel like alot of people saying this is against tos dont understand how vr works XD you can already load into vr chat and load any website onto a tv whether it be facebook/instagram etc. and thats all the that the screens and pictures you are seeing on the wall are. its just streams of already existing content, idk how you could exploit something like this when its not giving you any extra options that game doesnt already give, its just a new way to view/communicate with the community 

"Our sites must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our sites other than the home page."

Not necessarily another "site", however I think you could interpret this relevant in this case. Don't know, just heed caution is all i'm saying. 

There are security concerns if a 3rd party had access to edit other peoples hrefs through "playing" in "VR". If this is not possible then hooray one issue crossed off the list. 

If i'm "steaming"  and interacting with my FS account through a "TV" on VR does this mean someone else can come play my account?

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 April 2022 - 22:09.

#43 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 07:34

"Our sites must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our sites other than the home page."

Not necessarily another "site", however I think you could interpret this relevant in this case. Don't know, just heed caution is all i'm saying. 

There are security concerns if a 3rd party had access to edit other peoples hrefs through "playing" in "VR". If this is not possible then hooray one issue crossed off the list. 

If i'm "steaming"  and interacting with my FS account through a "TV" on VR does this mean someone else can come play my account?

If it is against the rules to stream content then any account on youtube would be terminated.

No, you cannot interact with someone elses stream, When have you ever been able to take control of a streamers screen? Never in history.

Im not sure what your refering to as for 'hrefs' but no. The only thing me as the third party has access to  is the room itself, a list of players that are in the room. I dont have access to anything outside of the app.

Look up 'VR meeting rooms'. That is what the platform i am using was designed for. Yes i can display HCS but it would be streamed services. Yes i can add HCS art but that doesnt mean the art is owned by me. It is the equivalent of me posting it on any social media. 

If your streaming to a TV in your house, can someone come up and take control of your account or would they need to be sitting at the device that is streaming it.

If i believed this was against ToS and could be used maliciously i wouldnt make it. The only reason i am seeking HCS to respond with an answer is because i and maybe 5 other people in this game can actually do this. Its not like making an avatar where anyone can jump in and make one. Its 3D modeling, scripting, designing, sculpting, Texture creating and implementing. List continues. So before i open up a full 3D world of Erildath Its best i get permission.

Even with the 'UNITY' version of this game the third party would be 'steam'. I know what the tools are for the platform i am using so yes, if you, your mates, shady guy from the pub, scammer telephone company decided to host using this platform i would know for a fact its safe. Just as safe as any facebook group or fallensword guild chat.

You are asking the wrong questions EpicPiety, The correct question is 'Can i join the Fallensword VR team please'.

#44 Edith3000

Edith3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 11:13

So how do you define streaming movies and series online?

uvG2ReE.jpg

#45 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 12:11

So how do you define streaming movies and series online?

if they are accepting payment then yes they can be liable, if not then the people that own the copyrights would need to prove in some way that their content was used to promote a business or individual OR it was used to tarnish the brands view or interests. 
In this instance i would need permission for it to be public to everyone both in the game and outside of it. It does have assets from HCS but so does alot of avatars and a few guild websites also use assets from the game. If i was using the VR website to insult HCS or accept any $ from the community from the website then it would violate copyright and they could have me charged and i would lose the case. But in this instance when the only currency is FSP or other currencies the game sells should be okay.
I understand concerns but if you were to look at a complete overview of what im trying to accomplish it is just using the VR platform to create guild websites and guides. The only difference between a website and VR is the way everything is displayed. From a 2D format to a 3D format. Rather then having a webpage with information regarding buffs etc you have a hall that you navigate with VR or with the 'wasd' keys and a mouse. 
The creation of these models and assets are similiar to creating avis just 10 more steps and in 3D, remember i can even use your character model to create an avatar which ultimately is the greatest and most lengthy avatar creation process possible. This is the future and will allow avi makers to develop new skills that they will be able to use when developing their own 3D website. This will also get you used to using 3D websites so if 'web3.0' takes over and the 'metaverse' comes into play you will already know the controls, know how the layout could be and you wont struggle on its release.

Be optimistic, Its not every day you get someone willing and able to re-create your favourite game in 3D and VR. the opportunities and ideas i have are almost endless. The methods and expansion aswell as content ideas are by the buckets. I wish i could tell you all without giving it away, even the cows dont know the biggest part of the expansion if they choose to go full VR and with the UNITY engine. Would be huge and bring vasts amount of content and leave a massive road for future content. 

#46 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 13:09

You are asking the wrong questions EpicPiety, The correct question is 'Can i join the Fallensword VR team please'.

Respectfully declined on many grounds, appreciate the hustle but no thanks. If anything I'd contribute to FSH which would be a much better use of my time in this regard. How many people do you think are even VR enabled in the community anyway?

You are not giving responses in correlation to anything i am saying. If there was a strawman emoji i would use it. You are missing my points entirely prefaced on the fact that you keep bringing up that you are very trusted. Which who knows, you very well might be, but why would we think that? What have you done to make anyone think this? 

I myself am still waiting for the patent that should be forthcoming for "moving boats with no electricity, fuel or wind". Very well may beable to just buy the company at this point.

Source = https://discord.com/...484995194290258

Edited by EpicPiety, 15 April 2022 - 13:49.

#47 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 15:15

Respectfully declined on many grounds, appreciate the hustle but no thanks. If anything I'd contribute to FSH which would be a much better use of my time in this regard. How many people do you think are even VR enabled in the community anyway?

You are not giving responses in correlation to anything i am saying. If there was a strawman emoji i would use it. You are missing my points entirely prefaced on the fact that you keep bringing up that you are very trusted. Which who knows, you very well might be, but why would we think that? What have you done to make anyone think this? 

I myself am still waiting for the patent that should be forthcoming for "moving boats with no electricity, fuel or wind". Very well may beable to just buy the company at this point.

Source = https://discord.com/...484995194290258

Dont flatter yourself. It was a gesture for you to be more helpful to the community.

I am not going to remind you for the 4th time that the VR mode is accessible on PC.

Unless you have valuable feedback or reasonable questions i will discontinue our conversation. Your input so far has been only on the termination of this project.

P.S it was made, when tested in a pool or tub it worked perfectly. However against the current and small waves it did not. I hope that gives you some closure on that topic. Also trying to slander my name on my thread relating to the project will not be forgotten. Goodluck on your journey adventurer.

#48 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 16:05

emisssss.png

In just a few hours of my spare time i have drafts of the entire emissaries set :) the only steps left is sculpting, texturing then sizing when i am ready to upload to the platform. There are thousands of sets i have to make. However when completed and all assets handed over to the cows they will be able to make the greatest VR experience to date. With 90% of the VR experience done for them they can easily use the assets i created on their platform and include their own features.

Another great addition is the amount you can store in your VR room. Any info you need on hand can be added to an easily accessible portal from your room.

POTENTIAL - I was thinking on how you could emulate the hunting experience (With unity engine) so that the 'portals' link to maps on the game and the portals take you to the maps. 
Example - When in 3D you can see creatures within your tile. If the tile says 6 creatures there will be 6 creatures walking within the tile or doing a various emote. Each one you could go up and attack and it will do a turn for turn based combat that uses your stamina. Each time you cross a tile it consumes a stamina and each combat move you have consmes a stamina. cave entrances, titans would also be visible outside of your tile aswell as the boundary walls. If a player is within your tile you can see them (max 8) and if the player can be attacke they will have priority in the 8 seen aswell as be marked. This is just one simple easy to implement tool that could be used for FS and seen as a giant leap forward. Consumers will feel immersed in the environment, People will still use the website however you will find 100x more players will join in the game if it had a 3D aspect.

I could also make the VR rooms freaking huge because its low poly. So it could take you 10 seconds to run across 1 tile lol but i will adjust on size and movement speed. Maybe make movement speed on toggle. ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES

#49 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 19:18

Here is a snippet of the map i am creating (the rectangle boxs are 3D chair models for size reference) building also need a 10-20% size upscale. However it will be the public area that will direct you to places to learn :)

(the circle thing is a well and the 2 buildings havent been allocated to a portal yet.)

1111111111.png  

#50 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 19:53

Dont flatter yourself. It was a gesture for you to be more helpful to the community.

I am not going to remind you for the 4th time that the VR mode is accessible on PC.

Unless you have valuable feedback or reasonable questions i will discontinue our conversation. Your input so far has been only on the termination of this project.

I may have misunderstood your intent with this project initially due to blobs of text. So security concerns may not be an issue so long as it is "streamed" as you have explained (just as you would on YouTube/Twitch). However this sentiment is rather conceited of you, guess you've brought it to ruler talk. If you cannot take criticism that is rather insecure and concerning as far as scaling goes of this project. 

Hardly slanderous to quote someone, this is ironic though. There is a lot of hesitancy and you are unaware. You know what they say though "What they don't know won't hurt them" I wish you good luck and hope this turns out beneficial. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 15 April 2022 - 19:55.

#51 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 20:33

I may have misunderstood your intent with this project initially due to blobs of text. So security concerns may not be an issue so long as it is "streamed" as you have explained (just as you would on YouTube/Twitch). However this sentiment is rather conceited of you, guess you've brought it to ruler talk. If you cannot take criticism that is rather insecure and concerning as far as scaling goes of this project. 

Hardly slanderous to quote someone, this is ironic though. There is a lot of hesitancy and you are unaware. You know what they say though "What they don't know won't hurt them" I wish you good luck and hope this turns out beneficial. 

Okay, criticism is accepted. Blatantly telling me this is against ToS isnt criticism. its making statements against the project.

the only information being withheld still needs to undergo the same post as this one is. An overview of what it is, what it does, how it will benefit the community etc aswell as the cows approval. So you will have another post to try and rip on dont you worry. I have no doubt you will be first on the scene to attack so i will spend more time breaking it down so i am ready to reply to your intricate questions.
This project will hold transparency into the models its making, the updates, features etc. There is 0 to gain for me to with-hold the information from the community. If i was to be transparent with the entire roadmap however it would change multiple times depending on HCS response. So there is no point saying the 3D assets data will be protected by blockchain technology (aswell as hardware) because there is a high chance it wont happen. However it is on there as a pathway for the roadmap. Same with VR hunts, same with alot of the functions i have planned to implement with HCS approval. The overall finished product of this game with the roadmap i have written is extreme. However 1 piece at a time to see what HCS wants done and what would suite everyone the best :)

It is slanderous to quote a failed project irrelevant to the current project as a statement of my credibility.
Im unsure what you mean by 'ruler talk'.

#52 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 20:36

Okay, criticism is accepted. Blatantly telling me this is against ToS isnt criticism. its making statements against the project.

Feel free to point out where I've done this. "may be" has followed every statement.

#53 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 20:39

Feel free to point out where I've done this. "may be" has followed every statement.

Feel free to go about your day.

#54 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 22:06

While I think the idea behind VR is great and all, might I suggest conferring with "The Three D's" before spending too much more time on this project?

This is the real question that needs to be answered.

#55 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 April 2022 - 01:20

This reminds me of the cheap PC games I use to buy...back in the day LOL. Myst (series) first game back in 1993.

Video game series by Rand and Robyn Miller. The games worked by mouse click, refresh,  and had puzzles to solve. Pretty neat for that time. Wish I still had the disks and a PC with windows 98 - 2000 :P

#56 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 April 2022 - 06:06

This reminds me of the cheap PC games I use to buy...back in the day LOL. Myst (series) first game back in 1993.

Video game series by Rand and Robyn Miller. The games worked by mouse click, refresh,  and had puzzles to solve. Pretty neat for that time. Wish I still had the disks and a PC with windows 98 - 2000 :P

Haha, The game is made this way so i can fit everything in it ;p if i made it high detail high poly count 99% of players couldnt run it including myself. Currently working on the 1st map and its coming out nicely :) just finished the outline for the temple of the gods. Next up is theatre area then another set of buildings before doing up the path to link it all then add trees. After that roughly 35% of the first maps coverage is complete :) 

'Erildath' Collection including maps markers and creatures will be added. (mountain path, dreg marshes etc) aswell as their relevant relics and landmarks. By creating this aswell as all assets as wearable items it will allows HCS to copy paste the model in the future to put on their own servers and connect it completely if they choose to do so.

How many people do you know that have quit the game that would come back to atleast view the 3D adaptation on their account? I can garauntee people will jump on to look at their gear in 3D and when they see it they will start buying some cool items or items that suit their tastes then saving the outfit and being able to wear it aslong as you have the item. 

The best part is when your out of stam after your hunt on the world map your 1 personal portal away from being in your personal home with your bp and all the stuff you favourited in folders that are books on a shelf. Next portal your in your guild hall looking at noticeboards. Then your at the community hub looking at the latest updates while walking down to the temple to pray to your god. 

The Arena, easy to do just implement a 1v1 between your designated target and you dont actually do the fight but instead you get a notification and you can view the fight.

The Auctionhouse, Simple trade type venue with relevant items apparel as their primary search with an everything function in the middle. Items can be veiwed what they look like worn IF they are high enough level to wear them.

The Composing section, Laboratory type area. You will also be able to make artisan potions here. (Can be placed in personal room for quick options for aditional FSP otherwise 2 portals would be needed.)

The PvP ladder, the same arena you are in except you control your character and can attack others that opted in your ladder. Their character will also appear there and only move if they are being controlled. 

Invention screen, Folders in book form on the bookshelves for LE, SE, UQ, Cr and scrolls for epics that are located in the vault area.

These are just examples of what i envision. The best part about this project is aslong as its approved by HCS and im pushing the project it an be done within 2 years. That is the entire game every portal, world area, item, Quest, Room, Events so much more done. 16 years of 2D content brought into 3D within 2 years. Reason its so quick is because all the tools, stats, templates are already there to work from.

This games core structure and value modifiers based on x are the perfect features to work from. In fights its tic for tac, when a buff is active you hardly notice in combat with a few lines of text. With this adaptation i can add effects to attacks, Example 'hypnotise' will put a yellow swirl over their head (or top of your screen if it happens to you) or blue if its a stun, Drops of green can drop from the successful attack if poison procs aswell as red drops if its blood thirst. Critical hits and piercing strikes will have different hit animations and so will reinforced armour etc.

I  Hope this gives you a more clear view of what i am planning for the future if HCS decide to go with the unity version.

#57 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 April 2022 - 07:08

As entertainingly useless as this thread is for various reasons outlined. Ever heard of the phrase, learn to walk before you run?

It's like sitting in a meeting with a flip chart with the host scribbling down ideas before explaining how the last point actually feasibly works, then flipping it over to the next page on a different tangent.

Personally I can't wait for the impaled cat missing an ear on a stick.

#58 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 April 2022 - 08:51

As entertainingly useless as this thread is for various reasons outlined. Ever heard of the phrase, learn to walk before you run?

It's like sitting in a meeting with a flip chart with the host scribbling down ideas before explaining how the last point actually feasibly works, then flipping it over to the next page on a different tangent.

Personally I can't wait for the impaled cat missing an ear on a stick.

That phase is outdated. We can fly now, i Levitate.

Your kinda right, everything i have mentioned is possible to do with HCS approval though. 

The artworks being created are of LE creatures and armours only with some hunting and PvP set acceptions. (otherwise i will be doing this for life with 500mil items to do). There are some interesting ones which i would have no idea how to fit on a character but there is a will and there is a way. im personally excited for the jugs of beer ;p

#59 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 April 2022 - 10:13

Update on the map :)

(Will be creating a discord for the project to prevent spam on this thread or i will create a new thread alltogether.)

P.S the green line represents half the map.

FS pathways.png

#60 IVANIDAS

IVANIDAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 April 2022 - 17:41

Excuse me, i was wondering if you answered the "3 D's" question, I'm curious myself what your answer will be

This is the real question that needs to be answered.

referring to this btw  :wub:

1XUAuwf.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: