Photo

Pottery HAS to be a real thing - I just know it!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:43

At first, like perhaps many players, I thought the Pottery skill was just a joke. But then I began to realize that the hints were too sophisticated for it to be a joke!

Look at this!

1) Top half: Peter, an old retired glassblower, not only sells the material to make glass, he also has a BASEMENT added to his house in addition to two other profession machines. His house is the only one I have ever seen with a basement - there has to be something down there.

2) Bottom left: Isabelle's stall has broken pottery around it. This means her stall was the pottery stall. Additionally, the Giant Tooth quest - the last quest she gives you (as far as I know) - tells you that she carved figurines out of the teeth: That's sculpting! This means she made and sold figurines after her pottery stock crashed - meaning that sculpting is also from Pottery!

3) Bottom right: Rendal's Pottery. The most basic hint, it comes complete with a pottery oven and TWO hints at an actual Pottery skill. Additionally, the dialogue choices show that the player "has no use" for Pottery, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist - just that it wasn't deemed a necessary profession.

Pottery.png

I am certain that there is some secret way to gain the skill...there just has to be! :o

Then again, maybe I'm just too big a fan of Moonlight Sculptor :P

Edited by Rez, 15 November 2014 - 05:44.

rsz_sniper_anime_girl_dual_screen_3_t2.j

| Rezilia (16) Ranger | Bunnycakes (5) Paladin |

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

| Account (8) | Hours (58.5+) |

#2 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:09

the devs once mentioned that the pottery was to make remnants and the glass was to make bottles for pots but they nixed it because it was too complicated

#3 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 13:08

Devs please bring back pottery,crafting your own rems and botles  will be more than amazing.

Fire,i like fire.

#4 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 15:48

As long as it is not like every other skill with same kind of levelling, I'm totally with you on this idea.

Pottery2k15!

Eldevin Steam-generation.

8080c8f99f8fda986f422fda15784e4b.gif

#5 Dan0

Dan0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 17:00

I hope it does make a show since sometimes when its hard to find a group for a dungeon and you can't be asked to solo story mode to farm the relics to buy remnants.

Please bring pottery back :P

#6 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:14

Sounds like an old feature just like the ability to help raise livestock and obtaining own eggs/milk. 

Never knew about this though except for the dialogue option "can I interest you in some fine pottery?". Interesting find :)

Edited by Spirit, 16 November 2014 - 02:14.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#7 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:25

Saw this long ago cool u went farther than I did thouggh

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop:

https://forums.hunte...e-shop-startup/

#8 Vash

Vash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:57

I was wondering what the deal with the pottery shop was !

#9 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:07

other thern 1 or 2 quest and gass stacking to 100, only need 1 for Quest - Think there should be some use at some point.

why makle it stack 100 if has no real use.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#10 Xero

Xero

Lead Artist

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2014 - 13:05

It's true, Pottery and Glassblowing were once part of the Artisanship Skill. It allowed players to craft various containers to hold items such as Fishing Bait, Cooking Ingredients (such as Salt, Milk, Herbs, Oils), Bottles and Vials for Alchemy, among other things. When we went about streamlining the skills for game play reasons it was removed to avoid an additional time-consuming step. Artisanship also included the crafting part of Forestry. Seems so long ago now! :)

Iain Mair
Lead Artist, Eldevin

#11 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 14:39

Artisanship also included the crafting part of Forestry. Seems so long ago now! :)

oo oo oo bring it back i want to bodge up a nice rocking chair or an adirondack for sitting in to drink cocktails on the beach at roshaven while watching the sunsets

sunsets: when will these be implemented?

#12 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:12

Ooh, please bring it back! ^^

Oh, and please add sculpting too as a part of it! :o

If ever you released player houses, we could use the skills to make furniture, statues, windows, etc! :D

Edited by Rez, 19 November 2014 - 01:12.

rsz_sniper_anime_girl_dual_screen_3_t2.j

| Rezilia (16) Ranger | Bunnycakes (5) Paladin |

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

| Account (8) | Hours (58.5+) |

#13 Lucid

Lucid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:27

bring it back! lol so u can just complain about it when it arrives? its all i see happening :P

#14 ShadowBane

ShadowBane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 13:10

Lol @ Lucid.

You seem to have a glass half empty, and someone curled one off into it o.0

#15 Kambalo

Kambalo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 14:14

Bring them back. Pottery has a lot of applications as well as Glassblowing. I want to even go further, why not have an artist profession and also have houses where some of these above mentioned crafts skills could be used for creating stuff for the house?

Seek and ye shall find.

The Master

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: