Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2016 - 21:04

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a quick sneak peek at how Daily Quests are looking. We're hoping to have the first Daily Quests ready within the next week or so now :)

daily_quests.png

The Daily Quest will reset the next time you login after midnight each day and must be collected before midnight UTC. When you achieve the quest, a 'Collect' button will appear at the bottom of the box allowing you to collect the reward. Note also the Daily Quest won't be the same for every player each day.

#2 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 21:08

Looks good, looking forward to it! :)

#3 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 21:09

Looks good hoof. Will there be an option to disable the notification on the sidebar? 

#4 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 21:09

Note also the Daily Quest won't be the same for every player each day.

Sounds good to be and that last bit is especially intriguing. 

Thanks Hoof and prosperous smacking to everybody. (o0

EDIT: double posted for some reason. 

Edited by Egami, 29 August 2016 - 21:10.

#5 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2016 - 21:14

Looks good hoof. Will there be an option to disable the notification on the sidebar? 

Not initially, but it's something we could add after.

#6 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 21:15

like what i see..and really like that last sentence where the daily quests will not be the same for everyone..excellent idea..  :)

#7 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 August 2016 - 21:23

Oooooooh, let's throw some guesses in the air for future daily quests :

* Join 5 different guilds : gain 1 BP slot

* Deal out the last hit to finish a Titan : gain 50 extra TKP

* Win 1 arena tournament : gain 5 max stamina

* Finish 5 bounties : gain 25 max stamina

* Capture 10 relics : gain 10 max stamina

* Defend 10 relic attacks : gain 250 current stamina

* Compose 50 potions : gain 50 common frags

* Send 100 private messages to Hoofmaster : reward : 1 reply of Hoofmaster

* Get delevelled 5 levels : reward : 50 skill points

* Delevel 10 different players not part of your guild 1 level : reward : 10 levels up (and you can not be bountied while this daily quest is running)

* Frag 5000 items : reward : 500 legendary fragments

Edited by Aceshunter, 29 August 2016 - 21:24.

#8 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2016 - 21:31

In the words of Fireman Sam, MEGA BRILL!

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 August 2016 - 21:31

Oooooooh, let's throw some guesses in the air for future daily quests :

* Join 5 different guilds : gain 1 BP slot

* Deal out the last hit to finish a Titan : gain 50 extra TKP

* Win 1 arena tournament : gain 5 max stamina

* Finish 5 bounties : gain 25 max stamina

* Capture 10 relics : gain 10 max stamina

* Defend 10 relic attacks : gain 250 current stamina

* Compose 50 potions : gain 50 common frags

* Send 100 private messages to Hoofmaster : reward : 1 reply of Hoofmaster

* Get delevelled 5 levels : reward : 50 skill points

* Delevel 10 different players not part of your guild 1 level : reward : 10 levels up (and you can not be bountied while this daily quest is running)

* Frag 5000 items : reward : 500 legendary fragments

Some of those ideas, pretty good - most of those rewards, sorry, ridiculous :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#10 drewdawn

drewdawn

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 August 2016 - 21:33

? if i start a quest an go to work an log out then log in after work do i have started over next ? what if you share a lap top with other players will that keep the other from doing their quest

I think it a great . i feel it help new play  want to return 

#11 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2016 - 21:35

? if i start a quest an go to work an log out then log in after work do i have started over next ? what if you share a lap top with other players will that keep the other from doing their quest

I think it a great . i feel it help new play  want to return 

As long as you complete and collect the quest before midnight UTC (server time) you can contribute to it throughout the day :)

#12 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2016 - 22:00

The Daily Quest will disappear once you collect it for the day - so their may not actually be a need to hide it. All the more reason to complete your Daily Quest :D

#13 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 22:15

Did you spend an FSP for that FS box message on your server?

Looks good though like that it will be random for each player

Edited by Leos3000, 29 August 2016 - 23:34.

#14 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2016 - 22:20

Did you spend an FSP for that FS box message on your on server?

Looks good though like that it will be random for each player

:D

#15 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 22:55

Man. Can we at least get through some of these quests before we start getting all kinds of ideas of what to do and how to change everything. I don`t know how Cows deal with this every time something comes along...

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 22:55

I love it, I can't wait to try it out....

Hopefully we won't run out of rats and natives for that kill xxxx critters one :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#17 Chrism2165

Chrism2165

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 22:56

I think it's a good idea, the reward is rubbish, 5 max stamina? We can only do a years worth of them based off that and earn 1,000 ish max stam? Rewards need to be better, maybe 20 max stam?  Also I would like to see a bonus for example you complete every daily quest in a week to earn a bonus. A nice bonus such as 1 BP slot, AH slot, something that costs a bit to make the effort. Like titans, i use to hunt them to make nice fsp, now most of them are worthless and I dont play much because its difficult to make a descent amount of fsp. There needs to be a good reward for us to make a effort. For 5 max stam, forget it. Also what's with the collect thing? why not have an automated thing once you completed it like normal quests. It's not difficult at all to do. If i do a quest and forget to collect, that would be annoying. I know the quests are different before someone says, but 5 max stamina, come on! Maybe get the rewards better after each one until the end of the week and refresh. That means you want to make the effort daily to come on and get your prizes! Not come and go as you like and think ooo ill do this one, then the next day be like, that's rubbish, ill leave that one today (maybe have a list to show what you can earn during the week). Just throwing my ideas and input. Feel free to add or adjust anything.

#18 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 23:14

logging in everyday with something to do and get you get  a prize! fantastic! ..looks good! 

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 23:33

I think it's a good idea, the reward is rubbish, 5 max stamina? We can only do a years worth of them based off that and earn 1,000 ish max stam? Rewards need to be better, maybe 20 max stam?  Also I would like to see a bonus for example you complete every daily quest in a week to earn a bonus. A nice bonus such as 1 BP slot, AH slot, something that costs a bit to make the effort. Like titans, i use to hunt them to make nice fsp, now most of them are worthless and I dont play much because its difficult to make a descent amount of fsp. There needs to be a good reward for us to make a effort. For 5 max stam, forget it. Also what's with the collect thing? why not have an automated thing once you completed it like normal quests. It's not difficult at all to do. If i do a quest and forget to collect, that would be annoying. I know the quests are different before someone says, but 5 max stamina, come on! Maybe get the rewards better after each one until the end of the week and refresh. That means you want to make the effort daily to come on and get your prizes! Not come and go as you like and think ooo ill do this one, then the next day be like, that's rubbish, ill leave that one today (maybe have a list to show what you can earn during the week). Just throwing my ideas and input. Feel free to add or adjust anything.

If I'm not mistaken, the quest shown, along with the reward, are just EXAMPLES to illustrate how it will work. And he did say that the quests and rewards would be different from day to day and from player to player. I imagine that a quest for player A, at level 100 something, would be much simpler and carry a smaller reward than one for player B, close to EOC with higher priced "needs" as far as stam, gold, etc may be. Before we assume we will get a junk prize, let's have some patience and see what comes.

BTW, most of the games I play with dailies have primarily junk prizes that I end up dumping, as these things are designed to keep you logging in and interested, and in the case of some, more willing to spend RL cash.

At least the +5 stam in this EXAMPLE will be useful in the long run, and killing xxx critters doesn't cost you anything but a little stam and for most of us, less than 15 minutes. Since it doesn't specify a specific type or level, I imagine that Mountain Path would be kept swept clean in that scenario.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#20 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2016 - 23:40

Yeah the quests and rewards will vary each day and I think we'll also look to expand the variety of quests / rewards available after the initial release of it too :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: