Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Xbox 720 or PS4

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Consoles (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Gaming Platform are you most looking forward to?

1. Xbox 720 (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Playstation 4 (12 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 April 2013 - 22:02

Which gaming console are you guys looking most forward to and why?

And Go! smile.png

#2 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 April 2013 - 22:12

PS4 cause I always go with Sony. Hopefully this one wont be $600 when it comes out though.

#3 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2013 - 23:00

Yeah I'm a Sony person, I love the free online play compared to Xbox.

However I will probably stick with my PS3 unless the PS4 is very reasonably priced lol.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#4 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:40

Always xbox here. Will do the same next gen!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#5 Morphis

Morphis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:04

I was surprised by some of the directions Sony chose to go with the PS4.  The whole "Share/Social" aspect of it makes sense, but I wonder how many people will find it of benefit.  Same with the "Touch Pad" on the dual shock, will be interesting to see it implemented effectively.

Looking forward to May 21st when Microsoft will have the press conference for the XBox.  Hopefully they will also show off "Luma Room".  I am very interested in seeing the implementation of that, but then again, I just hope the game dev's are actually able to see the potential of it and use it to good effect and not just dismiss it as another gimmick.

Am I getting either?  No I'm not.  Thought I am very happy with the direction both have gone with the architecture of the systems. Means that some Dev's have said they will now port down (Develop on the PC and port down to the consoles), benefit to both parties as the PC will start getting better quality games (even if ported from the console) and the consoles will get higher fidelity games.

Maybe I went to in depth? Ahh well.

#6 Beelsebob

Beelsebob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:04

For me, it's PS4 all the way, simply because the XBox 720 is always online.

#7 Morphis

Morphis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:49

For me, it's PS4 all the way, simply because the XBox 720 is always online.

The always online for the XBox was later amended.  There was a "paste bin" from a software dev at Microsoft, that stated they never had any intentions to be always online.

#8 Beelsebob

Beelsebob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:59

The always online for the XBox was later amended.  There was a "paste bin" from a software dev at Microsoft, that stated they never had any intentions to be always online.

I don't really mind whether it was designed in, or tacked on at the end.  The fact is, it's there, and I don't want console that restricts you unnecessarily that way.

#9 Morphis

Morphis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 13:47

I don't really mind whether it was designed in, or tacked on at the end.  The fact is, it's there, and I don't want console that restricts you unnecessarily that way.

I'll elaborate a bit more.  The XBox has the capability to be always online, but it's not forced.  The DRM options are left to the individual Dev's to choose what they want to do.  Be that always online, online registration, or other means, so it will likely differ between Dev's and Publishers much like it does on the PC.

#10 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 16:37

Always liked Sony for the single person games; larger game base, and (was) cheaper cost of games.

Posted Image

#11 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2013 - 21:07

Where's the option for "neither"? :P

#12 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 22:33

Personally I always used to be a big Playstation kind of guy. But I got my first Xbox 360 ever about 6 months ago. Even though I have to pay $60.00 for the online aspect it is almost always dependable and I find it more user friendly than the PS3. And I think in this age of video games 75% or more of consumers are more interested in online play than they are single player. So if I were to purchase a next gen console it would more than likely be the 720. Along with the fact I'm a big fan of the Halo franchise..lol.. 

#13 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 18:57

598897_4570343096505_1684441670_n.jpg

Posted Image

#14 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2013 - 19:06

lets see. I've never touched an xbox, and I haven't upgraded since the original playstation.   

I'm a relic an antique

and I like it that way

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#15 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 19:20

Am I getting either?  No I'm not.  Thought I am very happy with the direction both have gone with the architecture of the systems. Means that some Dev's have said they will now port down (Develop on the PC and port down to the consoles), benefit to both parties as the PC will start getting better quality games (even if ported from the console) and the consoles will get higher fidelity games.

Maybe I went to in depth? Ahh well.

Well I am actually upset about the port down feature.  They say that you will not be able to use old games (for ps3) on the system and I like to own my game.  There are some games that I take to friends house and ones they bring here.  I think it kind of sux, personally...

If I have to choose, it would be the PS4 because I just like the format better but still PO'd about the Port down.

#16 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 19:27

North Korea practicing

547942_523292434379566_553663359_n.jpg

Posted Image

#17 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2013 - 22:59

598897_4570343096505_1684441670_n.jpg

I have the NES hooked up in the basement and an N64 in my room. Never had SNES, I thought they were kind of stupid.

#18 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 15:03

thumbs_idiot_people_15.jpg

Posted Image

#19 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 16:17

thumbs_trip_down_memory_lane_13-1.jpg

thumbs_trip_down_memory_lane_20-1.jpg

SegaGenesis-USALaunchAd.jpg

Posted Image

#20 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:36

Now that E3 is over and we've seen really what the new consoles are made of what do you guys think?

I'd have to get the PS4 if I were to buy one of the new systems. Xbox One has added to many restrictions to the console. Must be online, All the game restrictions... I think Microsoft is about to shoot themselves in the foot. The are getting way to concerned about making people pay for everything. I think out of the gate PS4 will blow One out of the water. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: