BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:49

Hey there Everyone.

With all the changes plotted out, we are now ready to start implementing them.  The full list of changes to the first 15 levels are as follows : 

The Quest 'Kidnap Victim'. The 'Tavern' dummy will move to  'Elya Plains North'. The 'Cage' dummy will move to 'Varas Dungeon'. The 'Krul Cage Key' will be added to a Varas creature. The Quest Level will be changed to 5. Quest XP will be increased accordingly.

The Quest 'Stolen Scribes'. The 'Scribe' dummy will move to  'Mountain Path'.

The Quest 'Within the Darkness'. The 'Old Man' dummy will move to  'Varas Dungeon'. The Quest Level will be changed to 5. Quest XP will be increased accordingly.

The Quest 'Cleansing of Varas'. The 'Paladin' dummy will move to  'Varas Dungeon'. The Quest Level will be changed to 5. Quest XP will be increased accordingly.

The Quest 'Tassodans Lost Rune'. The 'A Lonely Traveller' dummy will move to  'Mountain Path'. The 'Tassodans Lost Rune' will be added to a 'Goblin' from 'Goblin Cave'. Quest Text will be altered.

The Quest 'The Price of Skulls'. The 'Shop' dummy will move to  'Elya Plains North'. The Quest Text will be altered to send players to 'Varas Dungeon'. The 'Skeleton Warrior (Elite)' will be added to 'Varas Dungeon'.The Quest Level will be changed to 5. Quest XP will be increased accordingly.

The Quest 'Taking Arms'. The 'Dwarven Military Camp' dummys will move to  'Elya Plains North'. The Quest Text will be altered to send players to 'Varas Dungeon'.

The Quest 'Divine Vengeance'. The 'Monk' dummy will move to 'Varas Dungeon'. The creature kills requirement will be changed from 'Skeletal Mages' to 'Skeletons'.

The Quest 'Darmov's Fall'. The 'Desperate man' dummy will move to  'Elya Plains North'. Quest Text will point to 'Varas Dungeon'. The 'Darmov the Great (Elite)' will be added to 'Varas Dungeon'. The Quest Level will be changed to 5. Quest XP will be increased accordingly.

The Quest 'Nomad Retribution'. The 'Vengeful Nomad' dummy will move to 'Otha Caves (Level 3)'.

The Stairway to 'Angels Keep' shall be moved to 'Elya Plains North'.

The realms 'Fire Chasm (Level 1)', 'Fire Chasm (Level 2)', 'Fire Chasm (Level 3)', 'Krul Beach Forest West', 'Darmovs Pit', 'Snow Forest East', 'Northern Krul Cave' & 'Narrow Passage' will all be removed.

As these changes occur, we'll be closing the Realms that will be deleted and teleporting players from them to the Mountain Path. Do not worry if this occurs.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:09

be interesting to see what the new mapflow looks like, compared to the old flow.

#3 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:39

So far.......

Kidnap Victim, Stolen Scribes, Within the Darkness and Taking Arms have been moved and had their Quest Text and items adjusted. 

Angels Keep and Varas Dungeon can now be found off of Elya Plains North.

Krul Cave North has been closed off and the players within teleported to the Mountain Path.

You may see the Realms Dummy Tiles flickering or displaying incorrectly as Cachefly catches up with the changes. Please be patient and they ought to sort themselves out in due time.

~ Grim

#4 MGH HiddnNinja

MGH HiddnNinja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 14:54

Will the Xp that is being "increased accordingly" be given to players that have already completed the quest?

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 May 2013 - 14:59

Hey there.

No, as the increase is tiny. It's not something to get wound up about.

~ Grim

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 May 2013 - 16:32

Now....

Cleansing of Varas, Tassodan's Lost Rune, The Price of Skulls, Divine Vengeance & Darmov's Fall have all been moved, with creatures updated, items moved or creatures themselves moved. All Quest Text has been updated to point players in the direction the will find creatures they need to kill. The furthest a player will have to go is now one realm away instead of loads (coz that always annoyed the tar outta me.). Krul Beach Forest West and Northern Krul Cave have been closed off and players teleported out.

Tomorrow will be remaining minor Quest changes then a cull of Realms that no longer have a function.

#7 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2013 - 17:33

Just a thought, it's been a while since I was the level these changes affect so I don't know if this is a stupid question or not. The removal of these surplus realms won't affect how players hunt will it?

Ie they won't have to sub level to jump from 4 to 6 etc?

While I know it's not such a massive deal, (to sub one level) I'm not sure its a good idea to get people doing it that early in the game.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#8 Removed19110

Removed19110

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:18

Nice update BG..  now can we find a more reasonable location for Krul pyramid relic?.. 

After the changes one has to take the following route 

Misty Mountains -> Elya plains -> Elya desert -> Otha caves 1 -> Otha caves (dark passage) -> Krul beach forest (east) -> Krul small cave -> Krul pyramid.

Thats some huge walking compared with what it used to be before the changes..  give us TEW a shortcut.. :P 

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:59

They won't have to sub level to jump from 4 to 6 etc?

While I know it's not such a massive deal, (to sub one level) I'm not sure its a good idea to get people doing it that early in the game.

It was already happening. That's one of the many reasons we're doing this. There are some big gaps between levels with higher level creatures in lower levels. This stream line will help with it rather a lot.

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2013 - 15:20

Okay. All changes complete.  

The following Realms have been closed and all Players teleported to the Mountain Path.

Krul Beach Forest West
Northern Krul Cave

Narrow Passageway
Snow Forest East

Darmov's Pit

Fire Chasm (Level 1)

Fire Chasm (Level 2)

Fire Chasm (Level 3)

A stairway has been added from the Nomad Sanctum to the Galo Caves (Level 1). This results in a fairly smooth and linear path that is similar to the Epic Quest. It should result in much less players getting lost.

#11 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 15:04

One small note.. Master Realm  Elya Desert (Min Level: 5) gives you access to ELYA PLAINS NORTH (Min Level: 4).

Looks weird to me. :)

#12 2119112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 20:29

are you going to make any more epic quests

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2013 - 20:49

More epic quests??? They haven't even finished off the last batch of them properly!!! :angry:

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 Alpharisk

Alpharisk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:58

Hi.

It seems that the quest 'Stolen Scribe' is not working well since the  update.

The quest item 'Stolen Map' does not drop from the native. According to the official guide, the drop rate from the native is 1.5%.  Over 1000 natives have been killed in the 'Mountain Path' map and no drop ever.

Could this be check?

Thank you

#15 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 13:01

got it in about 10 kills with 175 Quest Finder, no Find Item.

#16 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:59

Having a wander around mountain path, got me thinking..

Couldn't you move Dragon Egg Emporium, into the Colosseum? Would be a bit less clutter on the map

#17 Bruut

Bruut

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:06

was directed to the epic quest line when i started, had not done any of the other low level quests.

started today with Rat Slayer and did all quests up to Oneupmanship, no flickering and set-up of quests on the map made sense, easy to find a smart route going from one to the other whilst killing or gathering what was needed.

cant compare with how it was, but as it is the quests made me want to continue to the next. also gave some info on crafting and forging.

cant comment on xp gained from them, not sure if it is high or low for the level they are intended. was happy to see some give a good amount of gold as i remember struggling to get enough funds to buy items needed for the epic-quests.

avimax_zps9d2c373f.jpg

#18 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 00:46

when you changed the quest giver locations, the 'Ultimate Fallen Sword Guide' wasn't updated so when you look at a realm map, the Quest list doesn't include all that is actually on the map. i can hover over the quest givers too but can't click on them to bring up quest. plus the deleted realms can still be searched for which i can see as being VERY confusing.

the Ultimate FS Guide needs to be updated!! 

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:57

Hi there.

I'll be removing the blank realms soon, though they shouldn't confuse many as you'd have to search for them and then see that there are no stairways anyway. 

As for the Quests being listed in the Realm, that's a code issue. I have passed it on to be looked at though.

~ Grim

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:09

Hey there.

Through the magic of Mowglik's maps and a crappy paint program, this is the basic layout, not taking the Epic Quest routes into account.

Gonna fire this to Mowglik so he can do a better job of it.

~ Grim

1color.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: