Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:21

Should be account-wide.

I know, I know. People are just going to say that I'm cheap and etc. etc. Maybe that's true. But I just don't see anyone wanting to track down 6 (or 16) of each pet, each emote, etc. Bump up the prices a bit. But make them account-wide so that I don't have to remember which character has what.

Also, if we ever have pet battles (crossing fingers we get pet battles) it would suck if pets were character-specific. If they were account-wide I'd be able to battle my pets on any character - which would be great.

Also, I'd really like to see a separate page for pets. It's really strange that they are under abilities. They should have their own page that we can summon them from - without having to put them on the bar.

Edit: I realize you can cast pets from the scroll (via right click), but still.

Edited by Zshmaendal, 19 March 2014 - 09:24.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:40

Hmm, would have to refund every pet and emote that has already been bought for alt characters? and some of those pets would of been traded from other players... meaning there could be no way of finding out what someone paid for them! be a bit tricky. :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#3 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:43

Goblin pet - Totuals' - coin Flip - single account item - Bound on completion of Quest - These 3 possibly be  account wide as account base acvemnt buy only 1 toon get's them.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#4 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • Estonia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:54

Yeah, I'd like that too. There's no way I'm gonna pay for the same emote or pet twice, so my alts pretty much have none, and the coin flip emote and goblin pet etc can only be obtained by one character anyway. :( Should be account-wide, really.

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#5 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:56

Hmm, would have to refund every pet and emote that has already been bought for alt characters? and some of those pets would of been traded from other players... meaning there could be no way of finding out what someone paid for them! be a bit tricky. :D

Yeah, I know. >.< It just ... it seems so strange that they aren't account wide, you know? 

Or am I the only one that thinks this? xD

I guess I just feel like, once you pay (or earn) a pet or emote, it makes sense to be able to enjoy it on all characters. Especially the founder or rare pets. Sucks that if you make an alt you can't watch your adorable uber bluppity follow you around. >.<

Goblin pet - Totuals' - coin Flip - single account item - Bound on completion of Quest - These 3 possibly be  account wide as account base acvemnt buy only 1 toon get's them.

Yeah that's interesting. I was thinking about getting the coin flip on my alt but you're right. I hope they fix it.

I really think making these things account-wide would be great.

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#6 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:57

Yeah, I'd like that too. There's no way I'm gonna pay for the same emote or pet twice, so my alts pretty much have none, and the coin flip emote and goblin pet etc can only be obtained by one character anyway. :( Should be account-wide, really.

Yeah. And to the people that say "if you want it, you should just farm/buy it on all characters" -- my response is that I'd like to earn DIFFERENT things. I don't want to spend my time buying/farming the same thing 6 times (I plan to have a character for each class). :)

#7 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:00

I support. I think is silly to have it like that in first place.

If someone has more than 2 of the same emotes maybe HCS can check how many the total account has..and refund the emote for the player to then sell.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#8 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:02

If someone has more than 2 of the same emotes maybe HCS can check how many the total account has..and refund the emote for the player to then sell.

That's great! Yeah, then people wouldn't be losing out from having already bought 2 or more of something. :)

#9 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:05

I think would be better for HCS in the long run, as i think more people would buy pets. Making 1 person who likes pets buy same one 16 times wouldn't happen every often. Alot of people spend time on different accounts so think it's a waste to even buy one.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#10 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:12

Sounds good at first, but it will not work Ant. Say I bought 5 Bunby Pets at 10,000 EP each (overpaid) :P ... Now I get 4 of those refunded but can only manage to sell them for 500 EP each.

See the problem? It is not as simple as it sounds, to refund those who have already purchased multiple pets or emotes.

#11 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:13

It is strange though, that Bound Vanity sets can be switched between alts when pets and emotes can not.  :blink:

#12 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:25

Sounds good at first, but it will not work Ant. Say I bought 5 Bunby Pets at 10,000 EP each (overpaid) :P ... Now I get 4 of those refunded but can only manage to sell them for 500 EP each.

See the problem? It is not as simple as it sounds, to refund those who have already purchased multiple pets or emotes.

I guess I don't understand (maybe I'm a bit slow, haha). Why would they sell for so much less after this change?

#13 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:30

This is you though Mongo (one of a kind that is) :).

You'd be one of the only people that has 5 Bunby Pets. I think the price would rise in long run or maybe you and HCS could come to an agreement.

I think would make alot of people happier, but I wouldn't like to see you out of pocket at same time.

Edited by Ant, 19 March 2014 - 10:39.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#14 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:31

... but I wouldn't like to see you out of pocket at same time.

Totally agree. :)

#15 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:25

I completely disagree with this idea! Not only from the perspective of loss of value ( I have multiples just like Mongo that I paid plenty for) But also from the stand point of role playing and character building. I consider my alts to be separate. I build them all different. Equip them different. The only sharing they do is with the skills,items and coin/EP that are not bound. Even if the sharing of those were eliminated, I would not be to upset. If I like and use a particular pet or emote everyone gets one. Would be a pain to have to run to the vault every little bit to return them so another alt could use. Needing only one pet/emote for all alts would drastically reduce the amount of EP/gold that I have spent with other players. Because that is what I spend the most on. Vary rarely purchase components from other players. Unless I have a special need for an item.

#16 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:26

This is you though Mongo (one of a kind that is) :).

You'd be one of the only people that has 5 Bunby Pets. I think the price would rise in long run or maybe you and HCS could come to an agreement.

I think would make alot of people happier, but I wouldn't like to see you out of pocket at same time.

It was actually just an example Ant, I am not really into pets. I have one pet between all 6 of my characters and that is the Goblin on my main!  :D

#17 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:29

Would be a pain to have to run to the vault every little bit to return them so another alt could use.

That's not how it would work. After activation it would work on your account on all characters.

#18 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:42

I'm not sure if you mean "roleplaying" like acting like I see on other games but wouldn't it not be better for role playing?

16 character slots you could perform your own theatre show and your friends could play parts too.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#19 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:48

If emotes were somehow tied to leveling up or something like that I could see them being separate. But I guess I don't see how buying an emote multiple times is roleplaying - and I agree with Ant that having access to all your emotes on all characters increases one's ability to roleplay. 

In addition, only having one rare pet per character is annoying. Letting each character summon it would let you show off your accomplishments while on alt characters.

#20 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • Estonia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 13:46

I completely disagree with this idea! Not only from the perspective of loss of value ( I have multiples just like Mongo that I paid plenty for) But also from the stand point of role playing and character building. I consider my alts to be separate. I build them all different. Equip them different. The only sharing they do is with the skills,items and coin/EP that are not bound. Even if the sharing of those were eliminated, I would not be to upset. If I like and use a particular pet or emote everyone gets one. Would be a pain to have to run to the vault every little bit to return them so another alt could use. Needing only one pet/emote for all alts would drastically reduce the amount of EP/gold that I have spent with other players. Because that is what I spend the most on. Vary rarely purchase components from other players. Unless I have a special need for an item.

What do you mean by having multiples? Do you have the same ability (emote/pet) learned by more than one of your alts, or do you just have multiple scrolls of the same thing? If it's the scrolls then it's simple, you can sell them.

What do you mean your alts share skills? That's not even possible.

Pets and emotes are abilities, not items. You wouldn't have to keep putting them through the vault. Scrolls are items, abilities are not, and what we're saying in this thread is that emote and vanity pet abilities should be shared by alts of the same account.

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: