252 replies to this topic

#241 Chelsea

Chelsea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:39

Gathering materials should go into your sacks even if your sacks are inside bags/backpacks.

Currently, if you have a sack in a large backpack and you have some wool in that sack, when you go sheer some more wool it won't stack on top of the existing wool in the large backpack - it just shows up in your main inventory.

This is also true even if the gathering mats aren't inside sacks.

In short, gathering materials should still stack up on top of each other even if they are in backpacks.

#242 Sai

Sai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:43

Ability to check other peoples gear/stats.

*Ability to hide stats at the same time.

Option to set price and sell stuff directly from your inventory to other players.

*Possibly game taxable as a money sink.

Steam Gashen_Sai

RuneScape Gashen-Sai

#243 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:58

For Group Instances, would be nice to have the ability to turn on/off a beacon/chime that would notify you if someone is waiting in a queue for an instance that you are 0-3 levels above.  Also, after say 15 minutes of waiting, I would like to see the option of choosing an NPC from any of the talent trees to join the group.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#244 Killen4fun

Killen4fun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 17:08

1.) Ability to check other peoples gear/stats.

2.) *Ability to hide stats at the same time.

3.) Option to set price and sell stuff directly from your inventory to other players.

4.)*Possibly game taxable as a money sink.

1.) Already being added.

2.) Makes #1 irrelevant wouldn't you agree?

3.) I believe you mean setting up a stall of your own? This has been mentioned before. I'll add it to the list.

4.) Would need much more detail on this.

1.) For Group Instances, would be nice to have the ability to turn on/off a beacon/chime that would notify you if someone is waiting in a queue for an instance that you are 0-3 levels above.

2.) Also, after say 15 minutes of waiting, I would like to see the option of choosing an NPC from any of the talent trees to join the group.

1.) I'm not sure I understand?

2.) No. That kills the social aspect. Which is never good in an MMO.

#245 Sai

Sai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2013 - 18:47

1.) Already being added.

2.) Makes #1 irrelevant wouldn't you agree?

3.) I believe you mean setting up a stall of your own? This has been mentioned before. I'll add it to the list.

4.) Would need much more detail on this.

2-I don't think it would make it irrelevant, for example some people may just not want others to see their stats, it should be a choice they have. While at the same time we should be able to see others who don't choose to hide theirs. 

3- Almost, a stall would be stationary whereas being able to buy from someones inventory would allow you mobility while you sell stuff, lets say you price something in your inventory, maybe it has a section of its own, a "for sale bag" which you can price items in and let people click you to see what you have, with the option to buy it from your inventory. This system would allow you to continue doing what you want and create traffic to places were people might find things they need. 

I any of these systems they also have to add something that doesn't allow people to buy and item that exceeds your gold cap. 

4- Taxation, so you have items for sale in your "for sale bag" or stall as a money sink the game could tax this sale, you buy an item for 50g it costs 55g due to a tax placed by the game. Or it could also be on the seller whereas you have an item for sale at 50g someone buys it and you get 45g. Either way money is taken out by the game during the exchange. 

This system would take money out of the game without just moving the wealth around from person to person. Some people may wish to just trade the item to save themselves a tax. But in either system, mobile or stall  people would just use the systems out of convenience because afk or doing multiple sales at once instead of taking the time to do a trade.

They can go into great detail on how this "tax" works, such as a cap. If someone is selling an item for 10k gold it has a cap of, for example, 100g instead of taking 1k at 10% or however high the tax is set. Which would also curb the loop-hole of just trading the item. 

Steam Gashen_Sai

RuneScape Gashen-Sai

#246 SirN

SirN

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 19:19

*Nvm I found the the respecc system. Suggestion still applies if respecc won't be avaible in the offical release. If not, please ignore.

With so many different classes I'd love to be able to have more than 1 character on 1 account, be it a premium service or not.

I'd love to try out all the classes and it would be annoying to have to create a new log-in, password and email for each account. And if the characters are on the same server, I don't see a reason for them to not share crafting skill levels. The only thing having separate profession skill levels would do is cause a lot of annoyance having you change to you high skilled "profession" character to craft gear, and then change back to your other character to retrieve it.

Sharing gathering professions could give unfair advantage being able to farm resources that you shouldn't have been able to while just leveling up. Atleast sharing crafting professions would ONLY save relogging and prevent annoyance. All of this is of course only relevant if you can have more than 1 character...

And if this is actually already available or they said it couldn't be done please tell me so since I'm completely new to this game and the forums.

Edited by SirN, 21 April 2013 - 21:20.

#247 Sai

Sai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2013 - 20:10

Ability to heal familiar with a new item such as a pet treat, that work kind of like potions? 

*Balancing the suggestion, greatly increase the recast timer for pets, increase the duration in which the familiar stays cast.

Steam Gashen_Sai

RuneScape Gashen-Sai

#248 Killen4fun

Killen4fun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:42

2-I don't think it would make it irrelevant, for example some people may just not want others to see their stats, it should be a choice they have. While at the same time we should be able to see others who don't choose to hide theirs. 

3- Almost, a stall would be stationary whereas being able to buy from someones inventory would allow you mobility while you sell stuff, lets say you price something in your inventory, maybe it has a section of its own, a "for sale bag" which you can price items in and let people click you to see what you have, with the option to buy it from your inventory. This system would allow you to continue doing what you want and create traffic to places were people might find things they need. 

I any of these systems they also have to add something that doesn't allow people to buy and item that exceeds your gold cap. 

4- Taxation, so you have items for sale in your "for sale bag" or stall as a money sink the game could tax this sale, you buy an item for 50g it costs 55g due to a tax placed by the game. Or it could also be on the seller whereas you have an item for sale at 50g someone buys it and you get 45g. Either way money is taken out by the game during the exchange. 

This system would take money out of the game without just moving the wealth around from person to person. Some people may wish to just trade the item to save themselves a tax. But in either system, mobile or stall  people would just use the systems out of convenience because afk or doing multiple sales at once instead of taking the time to do a trade.

They can go into great detail on how this "tax" works, such as a cap. If someone is selling an item for 10k gold it has a cap of, for example, 100g instead of taking 1k at 10% or however high the tax is set. Which would also curb the loop-hole of just trading the item. 

Can't say I agree with the hiding of stats. And I stand by it making the stats see-able irrelevant. What's the point of being able to see it, if "you can't see it"

A stall can be placed anywhere. You're "Mobile" would still have to be stationary to sell an item to someone. Not like they can click you and "browse" while you run a mile away.

There will be plenty of gold sinks. Can't say I'm currently worried about that. But, if it does get out of hand, yeah this is a fine idea.

#249 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:20

idea - talent trees for gathering/crafting professions

the tree doesn't have to be as huge as for main roles, but having features which could help a bit and/or differentiate crafters would be nice. here is several ideas:

* increasing main xp by a % (xp gain while gathering/crafting/related quests)

- e.g. 0/5, point assigned incraeses main xp gain (received from gathering/crafting) by 5%

* increasing proffesion xp by a small % (maybe as a % of a lvl of item gathered/crafted)

- e.g. 0/5, point assigned increases gathering proffesion xp gain by 1%

- e.g. 0/5, point assigned increases crafting proffesion xp gain by 10% of crafted item level

* increasing chance to obtain higher amount

- e.g. 0/5, point assigned increases chance of getting doube amount gathered/crafted items by 1%

* incerasing chance to obtain rare pieces

- e.g. 0/5, point assigned increases chance of getting rare component by 0.1%

(gather uncommon materials, craft uncommon pieces)

* locating nearest source

- e.g. 0/10, point assigned increases locatable lvl by 3

* navigating to nearest workbench

- e.g. 0/1

* increasing dodge % while gathering

- e.g. 0/5, point assigned increases dodge (melee,ranged,spell) by 10%

* lowering price of components needed to buy by a %

* and/or rising the price of crafted items when sold to npc traders by a %

- e.g. 0/5, point assigned decreases (and/or/increases) price by 5%

- all proffesion talents points should be assigned separately for each proffesion,

maybe accesible on proffesions page (key "X") side by side "view recipes" button there could be "view pro-talents" button or in separate window (is "P" key used for something?)

style5,Majjer.png

#250 BigglesVII

BigglesVII

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:50

Noticed the mention of Buy/Sell UI adjustments, what if there was a sell tab at the bottom of the trade UI like the "buy" one that is already there where the players inventory opens at the same time it is pressed. Just a slight expansion on what has already suggested. It took me a while to establish that the sell screen can be accessed by right clicking on the NPC.

Also some improvement on the click to target enemy would be good, either an allocated key that switches to the closest enemy or auto target when attacked. I keep either clicking on a mob and running to them or when I'm under attack from multiple mobs I often click on the one that dead on the ground. I know this has been mentioned in another topic but didn't notice it here.

That's about it for now, will be playing for around 48 hrs this weekend so there will probably be more idea's to come. I've only been questing so far, I'll probably try the additional skill's ect. over the weekend.

axb0k3.png

huhbum: "The best way to offer constructive feedback is to shelve one's tears, put away the caps lock button, and provide a response in a mature, organized, and respectful manner."

#251 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:05

Something like random events woudl be nice to lower the repetitive boredom of crafting/gathering.

Basically:

A chance to find a small amout of money -coin pouch- randomly while doing Foraging, Prospecting, Fishing, Crystal Cutting and Forestry.

A very small chance to get hit by your own tool -lowers a bit your hp- this would be to wake up some people.

While doing Farming, Foraging and Forestry you might have a small chance to get stung by bees -lowers a bit your hp-.

A low chance to get a knowledge rush in both gathering/crafting so the next item that you gather/craft gives double exp.

A small chance to get a container during fishing that might give a random item or some money.

A small chance to get seeds back after harvesting your plot (Farming).

An extremelly rare chance during gathering to get an egg of any kind that later on might be hatched to get a pet.

A low chance to critically craft a piece of gear -slightly increases the main stat of the crafted item-.

The whole point for this is to make gathering/crafting less repetitive and boring (as it can be at high levels), and to attract players further into these activities, as theres people that see crafting and gathering just as time wasters.

SquirrelSig_zps7b59b79d.png

#252 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:09

Something like random events woudl be nice to lower the repetitive boredom of crafting/gathering.

Basically:

A chance to find a small amout of money -coin pouch- randomly while doing Foraging, Prospecting, Fishing, Crystal Cutting and Forestry.

A very small chance to get hit by your own tool -lowers a bit your hp- this would be to wake up some people.

While doing Farming, Foraging and Forestry you might have a small chance to get stung by bees -lowers a bit your hp-.

A low chance to get a knowledge rush in both gathering/crafting so the next item that you gather/craft gives double exp.

A small chance to get a container during fishing that might give a random item or some money.

An extremelly rare chance during gathering to get an egg of any kind that later on might be hatched to get a pet.

A low chance to critically craft a piece of gear -slightly increases the main stat of the crafted item-.

The whole point for this is to make gathering/crafting less repetitive and boring (as it can be at high levels), and to attract players further into these activities, as theres people that see crafting and gathering just as time wasters.

Nice idea, who doesn't love free stuff ;).

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#253 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:33

Basically:

Thats some great ideas!
Love them

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: