Lead Artist

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 15:34

Hey, add these to 'Acknowledged by HCS' section;

• A better camera (Full control or at least more than current)
  • Outfits (Items that change your appearance by have no effect on stats)
  • Fix for page scrolling when zooming with mouse wheel
  • Fix for right click menu popping up outside game window
  • Improved symbol for your location on the map.(Big map not corner map)
  • View other players items
  • More/Different Hair Styles + More Colors
  • Alternate Color for passive creatures on  mini map
  • Ability to hide location name text on map
  • Improve quest book to have available quests filter

Iain Mair
Lead Artist, Eldevin

#42 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 22 March 2013 - 16:38

Not sure this is added or not.
But when you are about to hand in a quest and you need to give item/s its kinda annoying to open your inventory all the time and move it.
If we could just right click it, or if it gets automaticly done when handing in the quest.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#43 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 19:30

Suggestion 1 -  Increase the amount of people you can have on your friends list.

It is currently capped at 20 friends. :(

Suggestion 2  - When right clicking on a player in-game allow a 'Whisper' Option to be displayed, so you can whisper anyone you are in range with and can click on.

You can currently only whisper friends. :/

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#44 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 23 March 2013 - 00:34

Suggestion 1 -  Increase the amount of people you can have on your friends list.

Suggestion 2  - When right clicking on a player in-game allow a 'Whisper' Option to be displayed, so you can whisper anyone you are in range with and can click on.

u can whisper to others by typing /whisper (name)

91ig7l.png

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#45 Lelouch Lamperouge

Lelouch Lamperouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 23 March 2013 - 00:36

u can whisper to others by typing /whisper (name)

You can also do /w [name]

"Hero? No! We're pirates! I love heroes but.... I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it, but heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!" - Monkey D. Luffy

#46 Warleon

Warleon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:03

Is it me or has no one put down for some music as well as the sound effects, maybe a macabre dirge when you enter a dungeon/cave or boss battle, but then a more upbeat ditty when you're in a main town or something, music sets the tone and mood of a game if you ask me, just a thought :)

#47 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:06

They are gonna work on that later on.
There are bigger things to fix first.

91ig7l.png

#48 PXT

PXT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:14

1st. Love the Game, it's AWESOME.

The following are observance or suggestions.

1st. The map in the game is not nice. It needs to center on your character when you open it. Currently I'm searching every time.

2nd. The icon for your character blends in with the map and is hard to find. It's a bland basic color that blends into the city. Bright Neon Pink for all I care, I just want to find myself on the map quickly.

3rd. The map of the city is detailed and GREAT Work. Outside the city, I would say make it a bit more PLAIN. I don't need trees, and forest, a plain green flat panel so I can see where the mines and trainers are is a good thing. Plain and simple is sometimes better.

4th. Maybe Tinker with the size of the Radar Circle,  Make it a wee bit bigger. 

Keep up the Great Work, I love this new game. Thanks!!!!!!!

PXT

#49 Killen4fun

Killen4fun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:52

Hey, add these to 'Acknowledged by HCS' section;

• A better camera (Full control or at least more than current)
  • Outfits (Items that change your appearance by have no effect on stats)
  • Fix for page scrolling when zooming with mouse wheel
  • Fix for right click menu popping up outside game window
  • Improved symbol for your location on the map.(Big map not corner map)
  • View other players items
  • More/Different Hair Styles + More Colors
  • Alternate Color for passive creatures on  mini map
  • Ability to hide location name text on map
  • Improve quest book to have available quests filter

Looks like someone beat me to it :P

Not sure this is added or not.
But when you are about to hand in a quest and you need to give item/s its kinda annoying to open your inventory all the time and move it.
If we could just right click it, or if it gets automaticly done when handing in the quest.

Added to list.

1. Added

2. "/w Name" for anyone in the game

Is it me or has no one put down for some music as well as the sound effects, maybe a macabre dirge when you enter a dungeon/cave or boss battle, but then a more upbeat ditty when you're in a main town or something, music sets the tone and mood of a game if you ask me, just a thought :)

Music and sounds are a definite add which has been mentioned quite a few times. Give them time, it WILL happen.

1st. Love the Game, it's AWESOME.

The following are observance or suggestions.

1st. The map in the game is not nice. It needs to center on your character when you open it. Currently I'm searching every time.

2nd. The icon for your character blends in with the map and is hard to find. It's a bland basic color that blends into the city. Bright Neon Pink for all I care, I just want to find myself on the map quickly.

3rd. The map of the city is detailed and GREAT Work. Outside the city, I would say make it a bit more PLAIN. I don't need trees, and forest, a plain green flat panel so I can see where the mines and trainers are is a good thing. Plain and simple is sometimes better.

4th. Maybe Tinker with the size of the Radar Circle,  Make it a wee bit bigger. 

Keep up the Great Work, I love this new game. Thanks!!!!!!!

1. Map changes are on the list

2. See #1

3. I disagree with plain and simple, but maybe an in-between is possible. Will leave that up to HCS, I'm fine with how it is.

4. Added

A suggestion of my own.

Higher Level/Quality Resource gathering items. (Which when used gather more resources or a higher chance of a rare resource.)(Ex: Rare Diamond Pickaxe Char Level 20 Req Or Prospecting Level 10 Req. 2.5% increased chance of finding Pure Ore or 10% increased Resources gained. For things like Foraging/Farming which do not require an item, you can introduce an item such as "Work Gloves" "Gathering Mitts" something to that extent")

#50 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:49

Yeah, that would be RS's gathering system (better resource gathering tools, better results).

But I think in Eldevin it's based on the skill's lvl. I'm lvl 14 prospecting and now the pure ores drop frequently. Either the rate was increased in the last patch, or the skill's lvl has something to do with it. 

#51 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:08

Some players are pointing out the discrepancy between the advertised "classless" system of Eldevin and the reality (lvl and allocating points based). I have to agree, it tends to take away the freedom of playing a character the way you want it, especially since it was announced there will be not enough points to max all classes & talents. My main gripe with such a system is that "balancing" is the result of ppl juggling with various "unfinished" / "crippled" builds and has very little to do with player skills. On top of that, lvl makes a big difference simply because you have more points distributed in skills & talents.

Since a complete overhaul of the system is probably out of question, how about adding this feature: allowing class skill levelling based on skill usage? We'd still be limited by the lack of talent points, but at least this way we'd be able to pump some lower level skills and bring some unpredictability to the table ('cause you wouldn't know what specific skills the other guy decided to focus on)?

#52 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 March 2013 - 13:02

I would like to see a larger "mini map"  where it's easier to see the icons

#53 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 14:06

A couple of additional suggestions:

Farming

IMO farming is a pain to lvl up because it takes a long time to harvest a crop and there are multiple actions (while other gathering skills require just 1 click). So it might use a bit of tweaking:

- first of all, please modify the action window so it would stay open all the time (clicking over and over again is annoying).

- second, please increase the speed of raking, seeding, watering & pruning actions (growing plants takes too much time overall compared to other activities).

- third, IMO the harvesting animation is a bit off: it seems the char is using a knife or machete...it should be using a sickle instead, don't you think?

Shearing

- same as harvesting: please modify the action window so it would stay open until the source is depleted and only then auto close.

Cooking

- please allow the finished products (bread, meat, etc) to be consumed while in combat (like pots) and decrease the duration required to obtain the full effect from 15 seconds to 10 or less. Right now these are IMO of very little help during combat because you have to sit down to consume them.

Mob fighting

- it would be nice to benefit from a learning curve; what I mean is being able to make either more damage or getting hurt less when fighting the same type of mobs for extended periods of time (you learn more about your enemy, you understand how to take it down faster or how to protect better from it). Let's say a max of +5% more dmg or -5% dmg taken if you kill more than X ammount of mobs. 

Last, but not least: please fix the South Eldevin Gate because it often gets bugged when to try to exit the city & using continuous walking (pressing left mouse click). Either it doesn't allow you to exit so you have to stop and click again, or I get the rubber band effect for a few seconds.

#54 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 23 March 2013 - 17:24

Teh food stuff last a long time, so you eat it before battle.

91ig7l.png

#55 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 23 March 2013 - 17:39

Im getting annoyed that I cant store any Belts in my extra Bags (Inventory).
It also doesnt seem like anything that I obtain, while my original inventory is full, automaticly goes to any bags.
This is also annoying when you want to unequip something. If iriginal inventory is full, it wony be unequiped.

91ig7l.png

#56 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 21:49

If you're in a dungeon there are very few places where you can eat food to repenish your bars. IMO all jobs should be rewarding enough to push you into levelling them - right now cooking - at least for me - is not. 

As for belts, they're special...the game sees them as additional storage bags, that's why they won't go in the extra packs. I could be wrong but I think at some point a dev said they will fix this...

#57 Mythic

Mythic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 March 2013 - 22:02

Farming

IMO farming is a pain to lvl up because it takes a long time to harvest a crop and there are multiple actions (while other gathering skills require just 1 click). So it might use a bit of tweaking:

- first of all, please modify the action window so it would stay open all the time (clicking over and over again is annoying).

- second, please increase the speed of raking, seeding, watering & pruning actions (growing plants takes too much time overall compared to other activities).

- third, IMO the harvesting animation is a bit off: it seems the char is using a knife or machete...it should be using a sickle instead, don't you think?

Another idea would be to gain experience upon raking/watering/pruning as well as when you harvest it.

I've noticed some things about the harvesting animation as well (for garlic, I don't know about the others), you use a shovel to dig it up and the dirt cloud is miles away from the shovel.

EDIT: Also, I've found that shearing the Domestic Shigra in Nidaros is a faster way to level Farming, because there is always at least one with wool (regenerates quickly).

Mythic | Merlin

#58 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 22:48

Yes, shearing will boost way faster the farming skill, but the issue of slow growing crops remains. And unfortunately, you do need to grow various plants...

#59 Killen4fun

Killen4fun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:22

A couple of additional suggestions:

Farming

Farming is supposed to take awhile. Just like IRL farming is the slowest of ALL professions due to waiting for them to grow.

The only fix I can think of would be as mentioned. Gain xp from watering/pruining. To avoid this being abused my watering over and over, limit it to possibly only 1 water/prune per batch. Or, increase the amount of XP earned from farming to make up for the longer time spent. Do not increase shearing gains for farming.

hearing

- same as harvesting: please modify the action window so it would stay open until the source is depleted and only then auto close.

I can agree with that.

Cooking

- please allow the finished products (bread, meat, etc) to be consumed while in combat (like pots) and decrease the duration required to obtain the full effect from 15 seconds to 10 or less. Right now these are IMO of very little help during combat because you have to sit down to consume them.

It is intended that way. Changing it would make it pointless.

Mob fighting

- it would be nice to benefit from a learning curve; what I mean is being able to make either more damage or getting hurt less when fighting the same type of mobs for extended periods of time (you learn more about your enemy, you understand how to take it down faster or how to protect better from it). Let's say a max of +5% more dmg or -5% dmg taken if you kill more than X ammount of mobs. 

Last, but not least: please fix the South Eldevin Gate because it often gets bugged when to try to exit the city & using continuous walking (pressing left mouse click). Either it doesn't allow you to exit so you have to stop and click again, or I get the rubber band effect for a few seconds.

I can agree with the mob thing. I've seen it in other games and enjoyed it. It makes grinding less of a well grind. As you are benefitting for it. Possibly also increase loot chance or money earned from them or something along those lines. For skinners increase skinning gain or something. All possibilities. Will add a simpler version to the list.

#60 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:10

Farming is supposed to take awhile. Just like IRL farming is the slowest of ALL professions due to waiting for them to grow.

The farming skill is not that difficult to level up: shearing and textile cloth making boost it rather quick.

The issue is with plant seeding. It simply takes too much time due to multiple actions, each with its own duration. It's overkill. I haven't suggested faster growth rate for the plants, but rather speeding up the human actions a bit.

While we're at it, so far to me the slowest skill is Foraging, because the sources are few and scattered all over the place. IMO there should be at least one location with an orchard of something similar and also a place where ppl would find weeds, mushrooms and so on. We have farms for farming, multiple fishing spots for fishing, mines for mining, etc. IMO we also need a place where we'd be able to forage and cut some trees down ;) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: