• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 DungeonRider

DungeonRider

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:24

give few trustworthy players mod, so they can kick from server and mute others for valid reason

This is countles times proven in other games to be dramaticaly bad idea,

which always end up with a saying "darkest is under the lamp".

In other game so called "moderators" who had to protect game, came out to be bigest and most corrupted boters group in game, who used his "moderator" powers, to "ban for fake reason" anyone who had misfortune to accidentaly enter a zone where they was boting and could see it.

Edited by BPlayer, 27 March 2014 - 11:30.

,      member of Valhalla guild      ,

#22 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:34

I really support the idea of player moderators. I think that would be a very viable option. Maybe be allowed to give people suspected of botting a temp. Ban. At least until they can be reviewed by a game mod. Or be able to temp ban the person from the respective gathering skill they are doing until they can be reviewed.

#23 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:35

You yourself stated that we shouldn't create flame posts in the forums. Now you are being the worst offender. Think about what you are saying.

This is countles times proven in other games to be dramaticaly bad idea,
which always end up with a saying "darkest is under the lamp".

In other game so called "moderators" who had to protect game, came out to be bigest and most corrupted boters group in game, who used his "moderator" powers, to "ban for fake reason" anyone who had misfortune to accidentaly enter a zone where they was boting and could see it.

#24 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:15

Player mods I will stop you right there, think that through ,this game will literally fall immediatly if players had a chance to be mods  anyone can be a kiss up in to getting that title and then  exploit it while they can.

Perma bans for people who get caught "Botting" I would like to have a chance on defending myself if i was falsly accused and I can't do that with a banned account.

As for repoting a botter , to be honest this is the biggest waste of time for both devs and the player if this game is actually going to get big the devs are going to waste their time teleporting to the many bots that there will be banning them , yes that would work with this population but once it hits 1000 layers the devs need to start implementing bot checks that only a human can solve like reading or implementing events.

Example:A random guy pops up gives you a box if you don't open this box in 20 seconds or a minute another pops up in your invetory and slowly fills your whole invetory with these boxes until you open it up and solve the simple puzzle of picking a shape and you cannot bank them or destroy them.(Just make it so it doesen't pop up when your in the middle of killing a World Boss)

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#25 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:15

I think it most likely that while the population of the game is small, we devs can do our best to deal with bots ( it's quicker and safer if we can observe them in the act ), as it grows I expect we will have dedicated support/GM type people to deal with these issues.

We're hesitant to go the player moderator route, we wouldn't know who to choose and then we would just have another layer of people to moderate. Moderators who if they have a bad day could affect the life of the game rather substantially ( In the middle of the night while we're all sleeping ). Some of you could be the finest examples of humble, law abiding human beings, but we don't know that from a few forum posts ;)

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#26 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:25

give few trustworthy players mod, so they can kick from server and mute others for valid reason

I suggested this idea before,1 dev said it is possible the other said They have no plans to do such.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#27 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:32

I don't agree with having player mods as it would be very difficult finding someone completely unbiased and able to remain neutral.  I've witnessed firsthand players that are star characters until the devs go to sleep. While it's impossible for the devs to police everything 100% of the time, I do not want a player with an honorary badge deciding who's right and who's wrong in their absence.  

8TLwd.jpg

#28 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:37

I Would very much support player moderators,as action by player mods could only be a temporary choice of action till it is further reviewed for a final decision and can still resolve a conflict while the devs aren't on doing there thing which is 50% of the on weekdays and not here for most part at all on weekend,I can show posts that even say Well we can do whatever we want for 3 days because HCS wont be back till Monday. So basically allow people to continually be harassed or targeted by others till it is too late and they lose a paying player.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#29 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:41

That's fine and dandy until everyone that witnesses a conflict are all friends with the player moderator.  Does a 500g bounty on my IP address not ring any bells?  You don't think that kind of harassment will exist?  I would be furious if I received a temporary ban from a fellow player because their friend provoked me in an argument.  Think about it.

8TLwd.jpg

#30 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:54

I would say at the largest extent,if player mods were ever decided,only give them the ability to mute players. People are arguing and getting out of hand,let them intervene and mute the offenders who are violating TOS.  In situations like that,it's better then letting it continue for days back and forth until its just a ban due to serious offenses.

continue back and forth and then have to sort through multiple tickets and go back to keep pulling and keep pulling on logs,or 1 simple solution and review the moderators actions and the one log near the time of the action taken place.

We can't just go off assumptions that a bad player mod would be chosen. 

Can't really wait for the game to get big to take further action towards player protection.

Edited by HuMoR, 27 March 2014 - 13:58.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#31 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:58

I think it most likely that while the population of the game is small, we devs can do our best to deal with bots ( it's quicker and safer if we can observe them in the act ), as it grows I expect we will have dedicated support/GM type people to deal with these issues.

We're hesitant to go the player moderator route, we wouldn't know who to choose and then we would just have another layer of people to moderate. Moderators who if they have a bad day could affect the life of the game rather substantially ( In the middle of the night while we're all sleeping ). Some of you could be the finest examples of humble, law abiding human beings, but we don't know that from a few forum posts ;)

I agree with that. The minute you give players mod abilities to hunt down bots, or even mod chat I think it opens up the game to alot of bickering, accusations of favouritism, victimisation etc etc.

Ignore button can do the chat mod job just fine, when people have the common sense to use it. :D

Im all for anything that can help tackle bots, but I do not think mods are the way to go... at this moment in time.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#32 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:07

I think that if players were mods of any kind it would be for the best not to have a crown or any sort recognition of who they are. Thus preventing anyone kissing ass. This would not effect how they play either,  maybe they would have to send HCS proof of ID and address and IP changes monitored and maybe even have to sign a confidentiality agreementt that they won't tell anyone.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#33 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 14:11

In most games people say mods abuse their powers but this isn't the case, most would get demodded pretty fast if they had too many wrong reports as they're all checked.

I agree with l3fty though he doesn't know us from adam but eventually there will be that many rants about bots you're gonna have to do something drastic.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#34 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 16:49

I like the idea of bats in othalo mine that does i.e. 0.1% of target max health. It would kill the player in 1000 hits, that would give the player PLENTY of time to kill the bat that got 1 health. Someone who's afking would be able to see the damage the bat have done and attack the bat. Anyone that afks so hard that he doesn't notice the bat: Eldevin is at war, macabrees attack convoys and you think you can just stand gathering valuable materials without risking to get attacked! If your country is at war you gotta be on your guard! This is actually a fighting game NOT a AFKing game!

Also I like the idea of boxes, they should be quite easily done and should be rewarding something (if you complete every box in you inventory), i.e. an artisan award

Well none of them will get the bots out of the game... But if someone gets killed by the bats in othalo mine or if someone gets too many boxes the game could auto send a warning point to the account. Accounts with warning points that gets reported would have a higher priority when mods watch the reports. 

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#35 MerchantRathe

MerchantRathe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 17:14

The Idea of having Agro Mobs in these hot spots is not to outright annoy you to the point you can be killed just the other day there was a lvl 10 on greenreef seems the ports still work just not reported and they where mining away now if the greenreef cave had a lvl 25 crab in there then oops no more lvl 10 shouldnt of been there in the 1st place. The argument of what about us people who keep our lvls low but skills high = you not getting into the caves to get the suplys needed there are lvl reqs for a reason why are you looking for tricks to bypass it. as for Othello mine if there where a few goblins(lvl5) or the bats agroed then you just pop them dead and move on if your afk walkaway from the agro zone do what you need to and return. If you cant handle a lvl 5 mob when your lvl 5 then you skipped alot of the req tut quests that give you the items and exp to be lvl 10 in liek 5 mins lol. I watch movies all the time while playing and read other websites so i tend to forget about the game alot, well then your not mining so no reason to be there or standing infornt of a node some one that has respect will ignore cause your there. so if you get atked you should move to a safe zone in the caves.

As for the Player mods in game that would be a bad Idea as most spoke about they abuse their powers if its just a player unknown to the company. i have had 1st hand experance with that in other games hell some of them didnt even speak english on a all english game lol but i was banned for saying in chat things that they interpeted as curses and banned me lol rather not see that happen here as much as it would be nice to have a police force in the game and not 3 days later ohh we want to observe them in the act well its been 3 days they did what their did already and gone not exactly helpful. im glad this opened a great discussion of possibilities i hope more feed back flys and maybe a test of mobs can be done see what happens see what people say not hard to add mobs and remove them with a few sec Hotfix patch

Keep up the great work all happy Hunting and see you in game :)

#36 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:16

You'd be fooling yourself if you think something attacking will slow bots down, all it will do will hinder them for a short period until they incorporate some coding to attack when attacked. Runescape stopped with randoms altogether because they were only hassle for normal players.

I know the game is only small at the min but I'm thinking about the bigger picture. There's no point working on a temporary fix it would just benefit botters more. A false sence of security is all it would be.

Edited by Ant, 27 March 2014 - 18:22.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#37 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:30

Well, you think everyone would develop a complex bot? If none make a bot others can download, then no worries. At the moment you can use a auto-clicker to spam on a node, it's too easy to bot. And if some, 5-10, got a more complex bot, then HCS could easily come and look at them. 

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#38 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:38

I can see Eldevin being successful one day. You'd be silly to think people won't make one. If money can be made from making one.. people will make it.

Edited by Ant, 27 March 2014 - 18:44.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#39 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:50

Of course someone will eventually make a all out bot....almost any game out there has bots in the MMO genre. You can't distinguish  a player from a bot just by looking at them in this game...I know tons of people who will just hit single nodes due to them not putting effort in and watching a movie or videos at the same time. 

My aspect for player mods,Isn't really towards bots at all. It is mainly towards player to player interactions and easily noticeable exploitation's. The current system as it stands right now,Isn't nearly at what it should be. (and that is with a community this small) Imagine what it will be like when it starts getting bigger. double the population even triple the population. I am not making any complaint towards HCS at all and I am not complaining,but they have a very busy schedule right now and i'm happy they are focused on things that need to be done.
(hardware rendering,guilds,more content,report system) BUT this new report system,all it will do is tag general logs so they wont have to go back and keep searching and etc,it won't speed up the overall process and decision making. 

Sure responses could be said "just put them on ignore" or "just switch servers" well,there is a few problems with that. 1) chat commands make sure you have no privacy towards what you are actually doing or where you are located 2) you are limited on block lists so friends and friends of friends can continue on or even alts. 3) you shouldn't have to wait a week or two weeks for a action to be taken towards preventative measure or resolving a conflict. 

NO I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT HCS AT ALL! Just saying their team is dedicated to aspects of the games they are releasing,There is only soo much you can do with a team that size within a certain time. If anything I'd say that they are doing a great job so far,but  there are times in a day where chaos can be released without them being there to do anything as it is and that will only become more and more easier with the population increasing.

BACK to the original post,Maybe something could be done temporarily until its a major focus. Some of these ideas are good,personally I doubt random events would work. I've seen the problems they cause for players who enjoy the grind. having combat start off in a low zone such as those mines could detour skillers who are just starting out so I wouldn't advise that either. 

Edited by HuMoR, 27 March 2014 - 18:53.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#40 Tsali

Tsali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:55

First thing to remember about  Mods is that power corrupts!  And absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Second thing to remember, is we are all only as good as our ability to get away with stuff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: