71 replies to this topic

#21 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:03

Chat mods is the last thing i want in HCS "Next thing to do list" ,  Like i said before " Words only hurt if you make them to do so."

I definitely don't like other players having a higher power than me.

Edited by lester, 22 June 2014 - 10:04.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#22 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:11

all this drama is caused due to plasma lord and trappers atoll :(

PvP , players are killing each other , it isn't sunshine and rainbows.I don't even know why people get mad with TA. It is one of the best places to gather and you get money out of it.

Any game with pvp changes the community and divides it into PvE and PvP players which attracts a bigger broad of players.

I would really dislike the game if there are players with a higher power than the average, since mods in  every game create drama themselves , if mods were added there will be arguments of abusive of power in world chat, mods sell their items faster because they are supposedly "Respected", and all of these other perks will be granted without even realizing it.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#23 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:42

If players (who ever) could send those timestamps. Why would the ability only be given to some player mods? There needs to be a lot of player mods to see all the profanities! HCS may decide how hard they punish those who have got reported. The only problem is: HCS is a small company a I don't know how much time they got to watch through all the timestamps, maybe if they would have a good program to quickly monitor all reported timestamps. 

If someone sends to HCS proof about a playermod abusing his powers. HCS could easily remove the playermod rank from him and even give him some sort of punishment. A playermod could mute players for 24h. 

IMO, there's no need to add playermods IF they add the "report timestamp" method to all players.

The report feature tags the chat time and such for them to go back and find read it faster,and this is still a giant problem so that solution you posted is a bit null and void. 

Player mods are needed.

Edited by HuMoR, 22 June 2014 - 12:56.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#24 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:45

PvP , players are killing each other , it isn't sunshine and rainbows.I don't even know why people get mad with TA. It is one of the best places to gather and you get money out of it.

Any game with pvp changes the community and divides it into PvE and PvP players which attracts a bigger broad of players.

I would really dislike the game if there are players with a higher power than the average, since mods in  every game create drama themselves , if mods were added there will be arguments of abusive of power in world chat, mods sell their items faster because they are supposedly "Respected", and all of these other perks will be granted without even realizing it.

the problem is you view it as a higher power,thus making it that much more obvious what kind of mod you would be if at all you view it all as a power and who has it and who doesn't. It's not about power its about protecting the player base and letting them have a more enjoyable experience within the game where they can come to relax and not feel the negativity to lead them away. A small argument is one thing,a discussion is another, but when its all just trash talking and swearing at each other for hours straight that's a completely different thing at the other side of the spectrum and shouldn't be viewed. This game has children who play it,so that's just another concerned parent who wont be letting their child play this game when they see things such as that.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#25 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:47

If being able to mute someone for five or ten minutes is abuse after they've berated someone for the way they speak, if they make one grammar mistake or if they just got killed in PvP and spewed profanities for the last half hour is power abuse then I don't know what to tell you.

The "report time stamps" doesn't do anything but turn everyone into secret spies on missions to muck up the devs inboxes and it doesn't solve the issue immediately.   Sometimes rude and obnoxious players need an instant "time out" to take a step back and re-evaluate their anger and hostility towards anyone that speaks in WC.  Obviously you aren't going to get muted for swearing here and there.  I'm talking about how flipping rude people get and keep going on and on making WC a hostile environment.

8TLwd.jpg

#26 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:54

Player mods are needed,make them anonymous too no possible way for other players to find out and make their power only able to mute for 12 hours....and with each mute a window pops up for reasoning and the time of the day it is on which server or via report player mod selection. 

1) if the player(s) claims,openly states or such that they are a mod,remove their modship.(if they are a mod)
2) abusing power, remove their modship and give them a temp ban.
3)no stars no icon at all to show they are a mod
4) if they break the rules themselves (any) remove modship.

Strict rules are needed for mods too,or else they too will get a equal or more extreme punishment.

But it is too obvious of these things happening,and its too obvious pmods or a extra few hcs members are needed to maintain the chat at a good standard,because things cant wait a week or two to resolve things when these swearing frenzy's start happening the resolve needs to be instant,because if not it just pulls more and more into the fight and it just blows up.

Edited by HuMoR, 22 June 2014 - 12:58.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#27 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 13:02

The real problem would be.

If x guys gets selected a player mod... and we all know some personal favorites of devs anyways.. just saying. there should a fair way to select mods if they are implemented.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#28 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 13:04

make them anonymous too no possible way for other players to find out 

That's quite an abusive power right there. Think about it.

If you thought it was an unfair decision, whom will you report if you don't know who muted you.

previously:

#29 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 13:06

because with the community especially as small as this..i doubt there will be many mods to choose from,also as said the player mod will have to fill out a mod report for each occasion of muting so..this gets linked back to them. Also stated..you guys keep looking at it as power,its not about power...its about getting this community back to where it needs to be that attracted all those players in the first place instead of driving them off.

Edited by HuMoR, 22 June 2014 - 13:07.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#30 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 13:59

forums.huntedcow.com/index.php?showtopic=58313&hl=manners%20maketh%20man

this from beta

• KeS likes this

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#31 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 14:05

forums.huntedcow.com/index.php?showtopic=58313&hl=manners%20maketh%20man

this from beta

most wont even go by those these days,they wont even go by written tos.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#32 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 15:10

it isn't a power but some look at it that way hence why I called it such I was a player mod on another game and had the power to mute for 24 hours I was a mod on that game for over 5 years I never reported anyone until after I had tried to defuse the situation maybe if everyone tried to defuse the situation first there wouldn't be a need for chat mods just saying and maybe if we all tried to act a little more grown up those of us that are adults there wouldn't be the need to worry what those 13 plus are seeing and yes I am a parent and that is why I played the game where I became a mod in was to watch over my kids maybe the parents need to do their job and watch over their kids closer and make sure their chat filters are on just saying 

#33 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 15:18

the problem is you view it as a higher power,thus making it that much more obvious what kind of mod you would be if at all you view it all as a power and who has it and who doesn't.

Or maybe I've played many games that had these player mods and it all turned out the same.

Also stated..you guys keep looking at it as power,its not about power...its about getting this community back to where it needs to be that attracted all those players in the first place instead of driving them off.

You also need the "Power" in order to mute people.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#34 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 15:23

it isn't a power but some look at it that way hence why I called it such I was a player mod on another game and had the power to mute for 24 hours I was a mod on that game for over 5 years I never reported anyone until after I had tried to defuse the situation maybe if everyone tried to defuse the situation first there wouldn't be a need for chat mods just saying and maybe if we all tried to act a little more grown up those of us that are adults there wouldn't be the need to worry what those 13 plus are seeing and yes I am a parent and that is why I played the game where I became a mod in was to watch over my kids maybe the parents need to do their job and watch over their kids closer and make sure their chat filters are on just saying 

that's unrealistic expectations...a parent can't be there to see every single thing a child does on the computer,so thats the companies area to make sure they can look after their population of the game for when the parents cant be there. playing a game is a full time job of its own a parent has a job and responsibility to pay and take care of their child,they cant be there to have a full time job+ a full time job watching everything their kid does. Diffusing doesn't work in MMO's you should know this by now due to trolls and you were a mod in Rs so you should know this more then anyone. That is why chat mods are needed,and people who look at it as power are the ones who will abuse it because they let it get to their head. Its not about power as stated before.

Or maybe I've played many games that had these player mods and it all turned out the same.

You also need the "Power" in order to mute people.

power and ability are different things.

If power was wanted the thread would be about having the option to temporarily ban or boot offline + mutes and able to speak freely of it with reason.

The ability for temporarily resolving a conflict that is as severe as they get commonly now because the actual power can't be online all the time is whats needed.

Edited by HuMoR, 22 June 2014 - 15:31.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#35 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 15:39

my view (im not reading all the crap thats been written)
with such a small community everyone holds grudges against everyone; there are very few that dont and are friendly with just about everyone. how do you know a chat mod wont mute someone just because and try and make it out to be like they did something bad? i disagree for chat mods but i agree for a stronger (working) swear filter and maybe some sort of auto mute thing for essesicve swearing or something

#36 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 15:44

I would like to volunteer to be a chat mod. I promise to treat you all with equal contempt, abuse my powers and ban you on a daily basis. :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#37 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 June 2014 - 15:44

i would have to agree, as i have said some mean things to few others, BUT that was only because i was  mad, sticking up for my self, not starting drama.. BUT still im in the wrong and for this i am sorry... BRING ON THE MODS~~~

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#38 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 15:46

As stated only thing they could do would be 12 hour mute at the maximum while report phase is being sent through to the devs.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#39 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 15:51

Q: are there enough players in the first place that a player mod is needed.?

previously:

#40 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 15:53

a player mod cannot just mute someone because they hold a grudge or dislike someone.  they would have to show HCS proof with screenshots and time stamps of why they silenced someone.

as i said, i'm not talking about swearing.  i'm talking about name calling, abusive speech and degradation of other players.  if you've never been on US WC after dark, you'd be shocked to see what goes down in WC.  people have zero respect for each other there.  a five minute silence might curb the hostility.  again, it's not to make reports, etc.  it's to tone down the aggression.  like throwing water on a fire.  

and hi mongo. :D  

zirxa--no one's blaming you. :D

8TLwd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: