#41 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 15:53

Q: are there enough players in the first place that a player mod is needed.?

A: yes or else this thread wouldn't keep popping up by a bunch of different people. (seems many feel the same way about this,and others just rather quit the game rather then have to deal with the crap going down in WC.)

Edited by HuMoR, 22 June 2014 - 16:03.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#42 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 17:50

yep I was a mod on RS and for the record I was able to monitor my kids pretty much 24 / 7 I am disabled so was pretty easy for me also having taught my kids right from wrong wasn't them I was monitoring in the game was the pervs who were trying to get real life info from my daughter just saying and really letting someone mute someone for 12 hours could just make the whole situation worse as they could just switch to an alt let HCS figure out how they want to handle this I know from exp. theat when players get muted on one character they jump to another and letting someone mute all of a players characters for 12 hours because of maybe a simple slip up because they are mad is just wrong

#43 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 17:54

A simple slip up isn't mutable.its when they continually do it over and over like it has been for a while now that its a muting offense. Also taking your own real life scenario and comparing to everyone elses is very different,you may be disabled but majority aren't they wont have the time for that. Muting someones account for 12 hours is a light punishment in comparison to what can legally be done to them if it were to continue so not only would it help HCS out it would further help out those being offended and those committing. You also supported me in a way,so thank you :)

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#44 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 June 2014 - 14:00

UPD

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#45 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 14:31

If a report button was added.

I think that would solve 80% of the problem.

The rest 20% which can't be solved with report button is that there is no instant action.

If they use the filter system and program an add-on that automatically mutes someone for say 1 hour for using multiple abusive words IN a 3 minute time span.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#46 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 17:42

Last night was appalling in world chat.  The language was vulgar.  I'd post a screenshot, but I'd be the one getting banned.

Why can't people respect each other? I'm sorry, but these are not adults saying those things.  

A report function wouldn't have stopped the hour long ramblings.  Certain people needed to be muted to calm down.

8TLwd.jpg

#47 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 June 2014 - 17:48

The thing is this,people are under the illusion that a report button can solve a problem. A report button does exactly the same thing a ticket does,except it has a additional effect of tagging the chat and time stamp so they can go back and review it ONCE IT HAS BEEN READ. This doesn't speed the process up or insure a punishment it just simply helps them get to it easier. over half of the day for week days they cant be on to do anything, on weekends they aren't on at all to do anything either. So for ALL of that time people wreak havoc in chat,when it could just simply be resolved a lot easier and give devs more time to focus on their work and less reading of tickets about behavior by having in game pmods...

Edited by HuMoR, 06 July 2014 - 14:13.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#48 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 19:00

I have too seen language in the global chat which was in a way not very appropriate imo for global chat. There are 13+ year olds or maybe even younger playing this game, and the stuff being said in global chat was not even appropriate.

There was even an argument when a few people asked to change the topic, people told them to ignore the people or ignore the chat... so out of curiousity I went back on Phuriedae's thread about profanity and this basically sums it up. 

So, to sum up, here are the guidelines:

• If you don't want to see profanity, use your swear filter and if you want to use profanity, use common sense.
  • Don't deliberately miss-spell words or use innuendo to get stuff past the swear filter - it's not there as a personal challenge.
  • Don't use homophobic, racist, sexist or any other kind of discriminatory language in the world or realm chat ever, swear filter or not. 
  • Absolutely do not insult, berate or harass other players whether you use profanity or not.
  • Don't carry on obviously sexual or lewd conversations in public - if you want to have an adult conversation, make a private chat channel or take it to another form of chat outside of Eldevin.

We're still working on the report function, and we do recognize how important it is. In the meantime, reporting anyone being abusive or deliberately trying to offend or upset people and we'll do our best to sort it out.

So about the suggestion of chat mods, I personally don't think it's a bad idea. The report function basically does the same thing, but as was pointed out, chat mods could help out keep chat flowing smoothly and give the HCS team less to deal with constantly.

Edited by Spirit, 23 June 2014 - 19:04.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#49 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 19:15

a player mod cannot just mute someone because they hold a grudge or dislike someone.  they would have to show HCS proof with screenshots and time stamps of why they silenced someone.

"Mute everyone on the server because they said mean things and I got the perfect photo-shopped screenshot to prove it!"

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#50 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 June 2014 - 19:25

"Mute everyone on the server because they said mean things and I got the perfect photo-shopped screenshot to prove it!"

Incorrect as she not only sent them a screenshot but the time and server time for them to check the chat logs themself to see the person being vulgar :) nice try though tenzo.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#51 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 19:34

Incorrect as she not only sent them a screenshot but the time and server time for them to check the chat logs themself to see the person being vulgar :) nice try though tenzo.

isn't the whole point of this to save HCS time? This causes them to waste more time checking the chat logs.

Edited by lester, 23 June 2014 - 19:35.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#52 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 19:34

Being vulgar and "saying mean things" are in no way the same thing, Tenzo.  And by the way, none of the conversation was directed towards me.  I have no need to photoshop anything.  Have respect for fellow players, it's not that hard.

8TLwd.jpg

#53 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 19:42

I was acting like the typical victim...

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#54 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 June 2014 - 19:57

isn't the whole point of this to save HCS time? This causes them to waste more time checking the chat logs.

Exactly..which is why mods are needed.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#55 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:54

did you even read what i said?

there was a suggestion for instant action to be taken in there.

If they use the filter system and program an add-on that automatically mutes someone for say 1 hour for using multiple abusive words IN a 3 minute time span.

previously:

#56 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:05

yep, but its not just abusive words though xpw. You can be quite harsh to someone without using any abusive words. And people will learn that, and know how to get around any filter and then continue to say that they're not in the wrong

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#57 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:49

yeah

previously:

#58 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2014 - 20:02

As this came up in another thread, I think it deserves a bump.

And I'll go with Frog on this one:

In game, Right click Player pop up report option - click one send report.

Basic report 10 report = mute.

I think 5 reports are enough, but I really like the idea that the player is muted from all chat (including whispers) but can still play.  HCS can later review the log and decide on appropriate action.

Added to the above idea.  Repeated false reporting results in future reports being ignored.

Edited by Irradiated, 05 July 2014 - 20:20.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#59 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 14:07

Chat mods will never happen.  They've stated this--it's too much for them to bother with.  If the chat filter doesn't remove arguing or abusive language, the report function will save the day.  

There was a player the other day that told a dev, repeatedly, to go f*^k himself.  That dev would mute him each time with the time increasing with each offense.  Now if a player is that disrespectful to a dev, what the heck happens when none are on?  It's like areas after dark in Detroit.  

Edited by ChelseaBrick, 06 July 2014 - 17:02.

8TLwd.jpg

#60 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2014 - 14:21

In case people don't sense her sarcasm...allow me to explain again.

A report button does exactly the same thing a ticket does,except it has a additional effect of tagging the chat and time stamp so they can go back and review it ONCE IT HAS BEEN READ. This doesn't speed the process up or ensure a punishment it just simply helps them get to it easier. over half of the day for week days they cant be on to do anything, on weekends they aren't on at all to do anything either.

in depth...
1)devs aren't on for 75-80% of the time(so they can't review your report or ticket if they aren't on)
2)reports are exactly like a ticket...it will just sit there and wait to be seen for a week maybe 2 or 3...depending on the focus on HCS of the current week.
3)report button only time stamps the chat or time of the server for them to have easier access to find the report,it doesn't make the process faster at all.
4) doesn't help one bit in the current problem of the community this just causes too much leniency for people to cause more problems.

Edited by HuMoR, 06 July 2014 - 14:22.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: