• 402 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 18:54

1. yes

2. no, cuz that is a bad idea.

3. No. cuz that is a bad idea.

why? I don't want to explain.

why again.. cuz i don't.

Then your feedback is irrelevent ;)

Most who reply to TA threads are PVP and some are low level victims. Most non PVP players do not go to TA or do not care if they die there and generally do not respond in these threads. If we have better constructive feedback that would lead to widely acceptable changes, then that would encourage more people to go to TA and it would be more successful. As for now, it's serverely lacking when PL isn't being spawned.

I do not work on my professions and I do not enjoy PVP. However, I do see the attraction and I'm trying to add suggestions from a non pvp perspective. Some PVP players may say that my non pvp opinions do not matter. Well, from all the TA threads floating around, it does look like we need ideas and changes there, one way or the other.

Edited by zargon, 15 August 2014 - 20:14.

#22 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 18:56

1) YES! Love this idea, sounds really cool

2) No - as per many previous TA related discussion I am against this as it actually restricts PVP  in a PVP area.

Instead, I think a slight rebalance of the buff low level players receive is in order.

With that said, and while noting that I am terrible at PVP, players half my level have taken me down.  ;)

3) No - PVP zone, again covered in many other TA threads - I just don't like this idea, its not for me

#23 defnubs

defnubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 21:55

All responses from players having the advantage of non cap.

#24 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 22:19

All responses from players having the advantage of non cap.

I usually play on my low level 30 account, I attack all levels , If I attack a level 45 they look at me as if I'm crazy if I attack a person 5 levels under me they whisper to me and whine that I have no skill,all i can do is kill low levels , If i kill someone higher level then me they get pissed and try to get revenge , I always find that funny so I don't really care if I get killed by a level 45 most of the time it is the mains of the people who were already higher level than me to begin with which is quite funny to see as-well.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#25 defnubs

defnubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:28

Tenzo,

Thanks for the response, I like it that there is really a discussion going on.

Just imagine for a moment the lvl 30 is all you got, or even worse your first visit in TA is as level 15. You don't have gems collected with your higher level, and as a result dying is all you do. Attacking NPC's in TA could be a good idea if they would guard the best resources like this, but parts should be controllable with a larger player base playing TA. This I really believe is possible if players don't get upset with it on first visits.Just give em a chance of surviving. Now it feels like being cattle.

regards,

Defnubs

#26 Lyresa

Lyresa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 19:17

Hi,

Often players told me to put my ideas about TA into "the forum", so here it is. I expect pkers to disagree totally, because my suggestions would mean they cant harvest on lower levels anymore. Pure and simple as that is my opinion for this attitude.

For the first time I am reading this threat that is most about TA. Players in the game that know me know that I find TA should be fun for every level. The level cap therefore seems appropriate to me to protect lower levels from the top. As a result more lower levels will enter TA and pretty likely start attacking in their lvl caps.

So stating it will become a place were lower levels rise faster is very likely not for long. The main effect of this cap may be that more people keep playing the game in stead of ending up with around 200 players playing of 70 000 registered names. 200/70000 is not a correct calculation I realize since many of the long time players have more alts. If we ( and this is just a rule of thumb ) give these 200 on-line players 5 alts as medium it still means loads of people left the game. I would not want my "shop" to be that ineffective in keeping customers. What's also striking ( and there are exceptions like with everything ) is that most of all high levels pikers like the way it is, and the majority of upcoming lower players don't like the lack of level cap.

It's feels like only in their interest to have the possibility of easy gathering on lower levels.

Lower levels now often put pikers in friends list to have a chance to escape from slaughter without any chance loosing over 70% of the gatherings. This usage of friend-list is indeed not what it should be used for.

Pikers adding low players that gather a lot in TA to be able to harvest on them is even more sad. I totally agree that adding a friend should be made 2 sided agreement.

Don't get me wrong, I don't post this because I want to be able to use TA for harvesting or level rising. I just want the game to be fun in TA for each level that enters. Leveling is one of my least concerns since the game experience doesn't change that dramatically on a higher level. So I don't find that important. I only go into TA for gems so I have a better chance against NPC 's. 

PL as last topic ... Standing in TA from "birth" of plasma lord and help taking it down to get killed seconds before reward makes this event become "top level only". I even got piled by being around level 35 by 2 level 45's just before PL ended. How sad can it be. I decided to create a lower level more in line with a mate I play games with for years, and lost interest in ever reaching end level.

regarding,

Defnubs

The majority of people who disagree with changing TA are the lvl 45's if I saw more variety in player levels disagreeing I might be more interested in hearing the objections. I agree that there should be a level restriction for PK within a certain lvl. Therefore all level 20's through lvl. 25's for example can have fun with PVP on the island. Level 45's whine about having to be self-elected controllers of TA and it's resources when they themselves are harvesting players 30 levels lower than they are. A lot of players one and only time to TA was for the lvl 15. quest lines. Not because they could not be bored out their minds gathering all day but because they could not even enjoy the PVP on the island because of the lvl 45 bullies. Seriously PVP used to be fun, at least on other games. TA you have no choice. Call it what it is. PK island not PvP. I don't see why imposing a time limit per day on TA for gathering would be an issue if skilling is why they really think PK bullying is a necessity. That way all lvl players will only be allowed the same amount of time and gathering and it would be fair to everyone. Maybe make a 1 hour window of safe mode after that PK is enabled. Also the suggestion that many others have asked for either limit the level discrepancy for PVP to ensure it is not just PK harvesting or make a penalty for every level lower than you the player is, either with loot or points. These are just suggestions. Not necessarily good suggestions either. Just to let you know that a lot of players would still like you to consider improving this situation and are willing to make and hear suggestions about it. Thank you for your time.

~You only live once...unless you're a zombie...or a vampire...or a cat...or an MMORPG player~

#27 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 20:17

We do not have the playerbase for level restrictions, however Phurie dae say'd that they are going to buff the lower levels ability to fight in TA. Level restrictions would make "pures", players that try to keep their level down, but tries to get a good PvP build for that level and dominates against the other few that are that level. 

Again, if we would have a big playerbase, a good addon would be adding durability loss to TA, to add the risk to TA for PvPers too, I.e. a gatherer kills a PvPer, the PvPer looses durability. Same would happen to the gatherer, but he gets some more resources if he is skilled. The con is that only pro PvPers/gatherers would wanna be there as others loose cash to the repair bill. 

The most important thing is, more players, but the problem are that some players get turned away because of TA...

Making TA a low risk skilling paradise is not the solution, some might think, if all skillers were at TA and would only be attacked by players at same level, but this would not work as some doesn't wanna get attacked by other players of various reasons including hat they are not good at PvPing, but having to gather at 1.9x slower ratings would not seem fair to them and again people would quit.

TA needs more players to operate, but the end-levellers need something to do and PvP is a great option, but it shouldn't be the only and the method of getting all end-level items. 

What would you say about raising the level requirement to 30? or even more, would it fix anything? would end-levellers have something to do until we got more players? would this keep all groups of players in the game?

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#28 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 14:13

Either keep it as it is or just remove the damn nodes from TA. and end this discussion.

Lower levels will keep whining instead of leveling up. Higher levels will keep protecting as that is the only thing they have to do once maxed out.

Good lord, don't you undersatnd? If someone is higher than you, you obviously will die. There is nothing unfair. IT IS FAIR THAT SOMEONE HIGHER LEVEL THAN YOU CAN KILL YOU.

It's unfair you dont get resources.

FFS TA HAS DOUBLE RESOURCES DROP RATE. YOU ARE LOOSING NOTHING.

Just stop your illogical whines about how "it's not fair for me". Play the game, get some levels, practice your skills and then come to TA.

NO ONE HAS REMOVED OR LOWERED THE RESOURCES DROP RATE OUTSIDE OF TA. IF YOU CAN'T ACCEPT YOUR FAILURE TO ESCAPE OR FIGHT BACK. GO FARM OUTSIDE.

Yeah you heard it. & that just happened.

EDIT: I did not want to say this, but with the current community i don't see this game going anywhere as the people just look for personal gains and not the betterment of the game. I am not pin pointing, but that is what the majority of community is like.

Edited by xpwaste, 19 August 2014 - 14:15.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#29 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 21:28

EDIT: I did not want to say this, but with the current community i don't see this game going anywhere as the people just look for personal gains and not the betterment of the game. I am not pin pointing, but that is what the majority of community is like.

I agree with that.Level restrictions on TA, will be best suited if you take out all the nodes off of TA and if we have a big population.

@Ejk ,I don't like the durability loss on death because it does not benefit no one.A lot of naked people will join TA with a crappy weapon and pk with that, it won't solve anything.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#30 defnubs

defnubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 15:33

Again thanks for all input,

The main camps are getting clear. Lvl 45 having the advantage want to keep the possibility to "harvest" points and goods on lower levels.Lower levels don't find it fair. A response in this threat from a 45 is even in capitals, using swearing words, trying to force to keep the advantage. To my feeling showing no respect for other opinions.  Gentlemen and Ladies on high levels : If more players remain in the game there will be more 45's after a while giving you enough targets in TA of your own levels. More low players in TA will protect it even better from botting. Harvesting will even get more dangerous. This way it is now the player base remains small. 

So if we want this game filled with a lot more players, I still suggest level cap. This will most likely reduce the leave percentage in the game. Somehow around 15 a lot leave. We all know TA comes accessible at those levels. If you don't believe it, just type \who in world chat and see a part of the population playing at that moment. lvl 1-15 and level 45 most likely are presenting over 80%, possibly even over 90%.

Why don't most players that reach 15 continue playing, you should ask yourself.

Most of the time the actual players playing are in total under 200, which is for the registered number of names pathetic. Some long time players may have around 5 alts, but the players leave sooner have a lot less. It clearly shows that the number of potential players from people finding the game is not even in sight. The numbers don't lie after all.

With a larger player base, without organizing it in world chat, just enter for a group instance it would get formed in a reasonable time. Now this time is more like hours or not happening at all.

If any of you may think I put this down for my own advantage, I almost get to level 40, so the cap of 5 levels I think is pretty nice, wont protect me from 45's. I will still die a lot from 45's having top gems and gear. This is not the reason. My main concern is make this game more popular, get a bigger playerbase. This is better for the players that can faster find a group, like the game, keep playing the game, and for Hunted Cow's income.

Let's make group dungeons form faster with a bigger player base and make the game successful!

If 1 of the Devs reads this, please feed back on the issue. I think all want to have an idea about how Hunted Cows vision on these matters is. Not knowing, keeping us uninformed is unlikely to be in the advantage of HC. Not wanting a growth in playerbase seems unlikely to me, if it's not because the video rendering would become to hard to play enjoyable.

regards,

Defnubs

Edited by defnubs, 22 August 2014 - 15:55.

#31 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 19:53

I kill lower levels for some simple reasons.

-I see them having tokens on them, I will kill you.

-I see you power leveling your professions , I've seen someone the other day in TA who used a gathering potion to power level harder,I don't want everyone in this game to have maxed out professions w/o trying hard.

Some people state that people are leaving the game because higher levels are destroying them in PvP.

If i started this game and experienced TA for the first time and I get Rekt, That will encourage me to keep playing the game to one day be on the same level as the killer and whoop dat a--.

Level cap should only be added if their is enough active users on each server that PvP at all levels,which there isn't so no level cap.I'm speaking for the best of the game ,I don't speak for self benefit like most lvl 45's do.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#32 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:31

Okey, I was yesterday at TA, I think the amounts of resourches you get was insane, I think I got killed four times, the first time against a high level player who I attacked with no resorches, I forgot to use cautherize, so he could easily use something to heal himself and kill me. One against dasan, who I attacked when he was fighting someone else and we actually killed him. One death was on PL and the last on a player with same class (mage) as me and nearly same level, I took revenge and killed him. All my deaths was when I got nearly none resourches, because, when I had, I ran to rowboat as soon a red dot appeared on my minimap.

Edit: Forgot to say that plasma shield is totally useless, because reinfocement doesn't give mana buff.

Edited by EJK, 23 August 2014 - 05:42.

#33 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:39

Again, if we would have a big playerbase, a good addon would be adding durability loss to TA, to add the risk to TA for PvPers too, I.e. a gatherer kills a PvPer, the PvPer looses durability. Same would happen to the gatherer, but he gets some more resources if he is skilled. The con is that only pro PvPers/gatherers would wanna be there as others loose cash to the repair bill.

Maybe give the killer the amount it costs to repair (only the 8% from death counts) in form of smuggled coins.

#34 defnubs

defnubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 16:07

Hi,

By now I reached level 42, so level cap restriction works more against me then in my advance. Still I am for the level cap.

We need a bigger playerbase for eldevin to make the level cap work  good, I agree. But we have some kind of chicken and egg situation to my opinion. No bigger player base without level cap in TA, level cap doens't work on a small playerbase. A stable situation based on a small playerbase.

So is the solution not to do it?

I think it's better to do it, and see the playerbase grow.

It's not done, and the result is there :

We had around 200 players actively playing if I checked 2 months ago, we are down to under 50 now most of the time.  :huh:

These online players often find level cap nonsense, but I can't see that this kind of numbers represents the majority of potential players at all.

Don't change and stay on this path? 

Throw this "succes formula" onto steam? ( You only get 1 first launch on steam. )

> I don't think so, these percentage of stayers on the launch will only add exceed to the miss of a succes. First make new players stay much much more often, then spread to the big crowd.

Edited by defnubs, 05 September 2014 - 16:13.

#35 Massmo

Massmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:22

I can see both sides of the argument and although I personally think there should be a +/- 5 level cap I think there should also be a choice and if there is some way to do it then maybe make 1 server (for now at least) a level capped TA server.

That way people can choose to log into that server and gather resources in TA while still having some element of risk but at least having a fair chance to survive.

It's the only way to compromise on all points

Anti bot - Do you really need a level 45 to wipe out a level 20 bot? Seriously they're usually unarmed (if they do exist) and any level even remotely close can wipe them out

Unfair advantage - Level 45's won't have an unfair advantage over a level 15 going in for the first time on the capped server but can still get their easy kills on non capped server so there's no loss to 45's after an easy kill

Power leveling - although people can power level resources they're still at risk of being killed by same or close level players so there's still not as big an advantage as some players would have you believe and it would probably encourage more diversity in levels of players so they'll each take on their own.

Diversity of levels in TA - With a +/- 5 level capped server more players from different levels might actually feel more inclined to use TA as they would feel less intimidated and might even enjoy the experience of using TA either for pking or resource gathering hoping to survive and keep their resources.

The fun element - Hopefully with the choice being offered it will mean which ever is the more fun i.e. greater risk in a free for all or having a fair chance to go toe to toe with same/similar levels, it will still have the same sense of fun but with the added bonus of fairness.

Hope I have  address both sides of the argument as much as possible and I hope HC staff read this and take onboard my suggestions and please feel free to argue/comment on this post but hopefully most if not all will agree with me.

Massmo  :)

Massmo, MassTwo, Anon_e_mass, Healer_Mass, Mass_Car_Pony, Ranger_Mass, Kriss_Mass,  TiraMASSu, Friesian_ninja, FriesianPriest, _Alan_, Call_me_al, Al_be_back, HongKong_mooey, affew_bob, MassmoReloaded

I got more 49'ers than San Francisco   :P

#36 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:00

Here's my opinion ( and bear in mind, it's an opinion, not a suggestion or demand) i personally don't PvP, will maybe try to defend myself if i get attacked, but i don't like PvPing, having said that, when a player enters TA a pop up says 'entering a PvP zone, chance of getting killed' so all players enter at their own risk of getting killed (remember, you were warned before entering) it does not say anywhere that i have seen 'chance of getting killed, please post moans in chat or on forums if this happens' now all that is lost in TA if you get killed is 50% of gathered resources (you keep the same amount as you would get gathering elsewhere) yes i agree that there should be level restrictions maybe, if only to stop lvl45's from farming lvl 15-20's, but i re-iterate, you were warned before entering, simple solution to this is, gather elsewhere in the realms( there's a demand for rare mats which you cannot obtain from gathering in TA), most of us had to gather elsewhere before nodes were introduced to TA, simplified it means don't like getting killed? don't go to TA, Greenreef is good for mid tier resources and Nasaroth for high tier if you don't have the level requirement for the higher level areas, but please stop whinging about being killed in TA, remember the warning. About bot policing, personally that sounds like a pretty weak excuse to attack lower players, who of the so called police actually wait to check if a player is botting before attacking them? maybe PM them and see if they reply or wait to see if they move to another node, no just direct attack, that is not bot policing sorry to say, so in that situation, yes to PvP level limits, but again i refer to the warning on entering, don't go there if you don't want to be attacked, simples :P

Edited by Kezza, 06 September 2014 - 12:02.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#37 Xian

Xian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 16:48

Eh PvP level limits?   How would you handle a same level pvper in group with a level 45 healer?   Same goes with any other issues with groups.

Edited by Xian, 06 September 2014 - 16:48.

#38 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2014 - 18:46

Eh PvP level limits?   How would you handle a same level pvper in group with a level 45 healer?   Same goes with any other issues with groups.

Good point Xian, i've seen a high level PK a low level, victim came back with group and hunted the attacker down several times, then the attacker started to complain :lol:

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#39 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2014 - 20:17

Here's my opinion ( and bear in mind, it's an opinion, not a suggestion or demand) i personally don't PvP, will maybe try to defend myself if i get attacked, but i don't like PvPing, having said that, when a player enters TA a pop up says 'entering a PvP zone, chance of getting killed' so all players enter at their own risk of getting killed (remember, you were warned before entering) it does not say anywhere that i have seen 'chance of getting killed, please post moans in chat or on forums if this happens' now all that is lost in TA if you get killed is 50% of gathered resources (you keep the same amount as you would get gathering elsewhere) yes i agree that there should be level restrictions maybe, if only to stop lvl45's from farming lvl 15-20's, but i re-iterate, you were warned before entering, simple solution to this is, gather elsewhere in the realms( there's a demand for rare mats which you cannot obtain from gathering in TA), most of us had to gather elsewhere before nodes were introduced to TA, simplified it means don't like getting killed? don't go to TA, Greenreef is good for mid tier resources and Nasaroth for high tier if you don't have the level requirement for the higher level areas, but please stop whinging about being killed in TA, remember the warning. About bot policing, personally that sounds like a pretty weak excuse to attack lower players, who of the so called police actually wait to check if a player is botting before attacking them? maybe PM them and see if they reply or wait to see if they move to another node, no just direct attack, that is not bot policing sorry to say, so in that situation, yes to PvP level limits, but again i refer to the warning on entering, don't go there if you don't want to be attacked, simples :P

I would agree with this entire statement if this area was actually pvp.
TA IS NOT PVP, IT IS Player VS SOMEONENOTINTERESTEDINFIGHTINGANDONLYTHERETOSKILLBECAUSEITSTHEONLYPLACEWORTHSKILLIGNOW. (all one word to troll you like TA does)
PVP is a arena,scenario,basis and fundamental building from a player wanting to fight another player looking to fight.

That sign at the start is false,the basis for what Ta is very false,This is not a hit at HCS but this was just a quick solution to stop something and created a bigger problem then a benefit it made.

TA= pvpers risk nothing killing players who risk up to 95% not only 50% it's been tested.

in the process of making this  "PVP" island...
TA kills pvp..
Why pvp? do get achievements that benefit none at all?
Ta you can get valor like 20x faster!! and make more in game profit from slaying noobs for wild rep+ their resources!
Why skill outside of TA? nerfed rates..no insta spawns what so ever.....
Go to TA as this is 4x faster exp and 2x faster resources or even 3x faster...(risk losing 95%) on death..boohooo you dont need the resources anyways...as the skilling in general is useless at this point.
more then half of the player base..doesn't even know where nodes are now...which is sad in all honesty...

So as it could be "said" that they aren't being forced to go there..in reality you really are as no one wants to waste a giant bulk of time for nothing at all. 

TA needs a giant change to uncripple what it has ruined in the game already...I play the game,I kill the people gathering myself...I see both sides...I also see what use to be fun and enjoyable by most is now gone due to one aspect that is being refused for a change towards the better.

Edited by HuMoR, 06 September 2014 - 20:19.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#40 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 17:22

+-5 is too dense, the power levelling will be too strong at mid levels , maybe 10?

Good point Xian, i've seen a high level PK a low level, victim came back with group and hunted the attacker down several times, then the attacker started to complain :lol:

If you team on a level 45, the level 45 will start complain... Even if the level 45 kills the team... (2 level 20 vs 1 level 45, the level 45 win)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: