• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Bujon

Bujon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 11:38

This is like watching footie on the telly and everyone is up in the face of the ref, whining and yelling. As if anyone, EVER, made a referee change her/his ruling due to their complaining  :rolleyes: 
Change announced; Move along.

Erm not really!

Personally wont make too much difference to me, but the fact the change is taking place at such short notice is like the referee blowing his whistle and changing goal posts, shape of ball and numbers of players allowed on the pitch with immediate effect irrespective of the cost incurred in building your team.

#42 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 July 2019 - 11:45

Never been motivated enough to hunt SE's so not really bothered by this.

Just have a question about deleveling. If I'm 5 levels below a SE do still I lose XP when trying to delevel or does the update only effect when levelling on the SE and deleveling is still normal?

Edited by Alisa, 04 July 2019 - 11:46.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#43 FALLENFROG

FALLENFROG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 13:13

I’ve never known a game where you earn less do for killing higher level creatures

#44 death8her

death8her

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 15:09

I killed Mourarchian: 233 XP that was the update for anyone wondering.

Damn, FS, why do you have to suck the only bit of fun, I'm having, out of the game? Regular levelling is a boring fest of rehashed stuff you guys keep putting out. Similar artwork, boring quests, boring maps, a lot of the time having the same background on it, etc, etc. Guild quests were a bust, epic quest is kind of a bust, titan hunting is boring, actual hunting is boring, waiting for stam is boring, complete lack of those rewards from videos we used to have, LE events are pretty boring, Potion making is boring, guilds are boring, the pretty impossible level gap between a player who just started and an established player is boring, etc, etc. (Global Event probably the only fun thing since it provides crazy awesome rewards and I actually get top 100 here and there and to top it all off it drops frags which makes me want to do it without global doubler but at the same time I've got about 2 million in frags that I don't have the capital to use on composing. That's literally the most generous thing in the game.)

At least, with the SE hunting, I could only hunt a few here and there for the duration of my pots, needed my pots to hunt to make the best of it, could hunt multiple times a day leading me to be on more and wasn't mindlessly doing things for 2 hrs where I just click 1, 2 and 0 on my keyboard and then move onto the next area, 1 and 2 and 0 for a while, move onto the next, etc, make sure my SSI didn't go away and I killed the monsters in one hit and at the end of that all is a bit of gold, maybe same amount of levels as stam/1500. And then wait 2 to 3 weeks to hunt again. Only the EOC players are having fun with levelling if at all. They probably have to do a lot of math and stuff to figure out how to kill the creatures they're fighting and have to do things like look at the enchantments to figure out how to effectively kill creatures. 

Make no mistake, the app is going to be a bust. In High School I had a few people making hundreds of apps and they were dropping apps from scratch as solo developers within a couple of months. It shouldn't be taking you guys, who have a team, a few years to create an app that already has all the content ready. Also, the app won't do much anyways. It will add us a way of being on the game so we can login really quick but considering the exciting apps on the market nowadays, I can say no one wants to grind on their phone for years of doing the same boring thing to reach level 4000 when they have access to way quicker, better and more popular games.

***I know it's hard to be creating after 4000 levels so honestly it's not something worth complaining about if you have common sense. I'm just angry so might as well make you angry :P

Honestly, for the level gap I don't know what to say. I think level 4k players deserve to be level 4k but I also think it just looks sad if you are under level 200 looking at that huge disparity. ***

Also, you guys should really consider doing ads and maybe bringing some ad revenue in and also removing the shards. Sure when you guys had a lot of sponsors or whatever, people were getting lots of FSPs but now there's literally nothing.

If you're still reading, here's an idea that came from another game. Similar to Global LE, but a little bit more random: Inventing and submitting your invented items to a waypoint in the game and getting rewards based on it at the end of the global. Not sure what the rewards are but maybe something cool that would be exciting for a new wave of FS players and/or an event specifically geared to boost the crap out of new players and start them off with great stuff, like how the booster packs brought in a bunch of players because we could send the codes to our friends and they wouldn't have to suffer the fate of grinding with 500 max stam. Imagine having 500 max stam again, that would suck so much.

Note: I started playing again a week ago because I saw someone hunting SEs and was contemplating waste a few thousand dollars on the game. It was literally tearing me apart on whether I should invest considering how dead the game is becoming and how the only fun I'm really having is this quicker levelling and maybe buying FSP would also give me money to spend on boring pot making if I decide to get super active through SE hunting.

Here was the plan: At maybe around 1400 or 1600 SE hunting for EXP would stop making sense so I was thinking that would be a time where I would need a crap ton of stam to level significantly and maybe find something fun to do. I was going to wait for a 15 max stam for 2 fsp event again and buy that with the $600 worth of FSP I could buy with the +100% buying event right now and get enough to get to 100k max stam, or possibly buy way more than that with max budget being $6000. I don't know tbh, but literally, I was feeling that huge pull, like this is it, why not, I've got way more money to spend and nostalgia was a huge factor.

Edited by death8her, 04 July 2019 - 15:16.

#45 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 04 July 2019 - 15:38

Cow man gets paid.

SE hunting for XP prior to update does not pay cow man.

Cow man wants you to use current stam and donation potions twice a year.

Cow man gets paid

#46 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 16:34

in response on the SE "loophole"

Exactly. This loophole will be closed.

You can level on normal creatures, same as ever. SEs are not "levelling" creatures.

~ Grim

So, from what ive read, this will effect SE's and champions. Alright, thats all fine and dandy, i never even was aware such a "loophole" existed. and if this applies to regular creatures as well, then that seems kind of like a kick in the arse to someone who (as unlikely as it is) gets bountied by a bunch of people and gets deleveld past the 5lv mark, but hasnt left the zone they last hunted in.

yea, i get thats a pretty specific and silly example, but the point remains.

also, Id have to agree with an earlier post that this was rather sudden. It doesnt really seem like this was a big issue to begin with, and as far as Gexp goes, whats that got to do with anything? the only thing Gexp is good for is the leader boards (not that anyone pays attention to it). the highest level required for anything guild related is 50. 50. so its not like the guild exp has much if anything to do with this.

Granted, all of that aside this wont really effect me much in any way. I rarely get deleveled anymore (bounty system has become a bust long ago) and outside of hunting i do occasionally GVG or titan hunt, a splash of SE hunting for the medal and inventing items. Im just trying to figure out why the sudden change on something that supposedly has been going on for years.

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#47 whydoiplay

whydoiplay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 19:21

Hey guys, just thought I'd share what I was making, https://forums.hunte...showtopic=76828. I know it's no longer relevant but it's still open to general for information on what was "SE hunting"

Edited by whydoiplay, 04 July 2019 - 21:57.

#48 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 19:59

What I really want to know is:

Why was this an issue?

Aren't we concentrating hardcore on the app? 

Seems like that's not the case... so should we really start actually talking about things that really affect the game and player population?

Hmmm... nah, really what I want to know is how this became an "issue". Might be handy to actually getting things done. )o0

#49 Bujon

Bujon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 20:52

There are also players who had delevelled 'on purpose' remaining in high level realm in prep for double xp. They are now buggered at the drop of a hat. Ultimately it probably wasn't quite right a level 300-400 player being able to fast track to level 1500, but the easy fix there is to just simply change spawning locations out of those areas for the bigger SE's. That would allow SE hunting, keep the fun and by default limit xp gains to moderate proportions as they already are for a player at level 1500 hitting an SE at 2500.

At the very least there could have been a 2 week warning. Sounds to me like some have complained at the situation and the cows have been observing and developing the fix.

Edited by Bujon, 04 July 2019 - 20:57.

#50 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 July 2019 - 23:40

I've hunted quite a few SE's, and tbh, I have never leveled on them.... maybe I'm getting old but I just don't see what all the hub-bub is about.  The fact that an announcement was made prior to the change is more than a lot of game companies I deal with do....  I also don't understand how this would adversely affect anyone except the de-leveled.  You've always gotten reduced gold in those cases, a reduction on the extra XP gained from being in an over-level area is only logical. As I understand it, it won't affect critters in your proper level range, just those much higher than you, much in the way a much lower level one does....  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#51 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 00:41

Hi all,

We'll be rolling out an update tomorrow at 1pm GMT that changes how creatures give XP when the player is a much lower level than the creature. From tomorrow's update, if you are more than 5 levels below the creature you kill, there will be a significant drop in xp gained, which will then decrease even further as the level difference increases.

Note that if you are the same level or no more than 5 levels above the creature then there is no change to the xp gained.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

think the most levels gained from 1 Super Elite kill was 57 levels, his 1st hunting session during the XP Event gave him 300+ levels (he hunted a few times during the same XP Event with the Global Chests + OP Composing pots)

Question:

what about the GUILD XP? will it be affected too?

Example:

will a lvl 2000 player and a lvl 2500 player get the same GXP from a lvl 2000 champion creature?

(until "now" it was the same no matter the players level, did the change affect it)

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#52 Rigger

Rigger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 21:54

Well this is lame... standard leveling is incredibly repetitive and boring - almost 0 variety to it. As people mentioned, Why not just make the SE's way harder to kill? This will reduce the amount of people doing it. Any and all enjoyment is slowly being sucked away... :( 

#53 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 July 2019 - 23:45

I don't really care one way or the other, but I wish I understood why this is generating such drama.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#54 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 July 2019 - 01:36

you should put it back as it was, and yeah the game got hell of a lot more boring now because of it- only new area updates for EOC from time to time, no new features to the game other than some boring additional global events and then you wonder why people want to get max lvl faster without investing massive amounts of money in the game - EOC gets all the new content, items - it just feels pointless to be a low lvl getting some scraps from the big boy table, its a lot of catching up to do without the sense of compeding and its just boring without any additional content to make up for the bigger gap to catch up with the levels. i agree with death8her - its like a boring outdated game, noone wants to play a boring game on their phone with nothing to do when theres tons of other more exciting games they could play instead. Your main focus should be the people - ask the people what they want because in the end people play the game otherwise the game will die out, when the app releases maybe a few thousand people will log in out of curiosity and leave right away so that would mean that the tutorial should be remade too because theres a lot of stuff to cover and the tutorial reaches nowhere near it - maybe adding some additional tutorial questlines from time to time. Maybe adding update polls that need 85-90% of playerbase votes to pass, actually finishing the mentoring system, epic questlines, gvg targeting, bringing us gvg seasons with new RP items, titan system should be reworked etc.

Edited by gapukas, 08 July 2019 - 02:24.

#55 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 July 2019 - 22:11

Reaching top player is for sure only possible with quests now. better save them up haha

#56 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:01

This has nothing to do with "SE leveling" which I had never even heard of or considered. IMO this strictly punishes players who delevel sitting on a champion, whether it is intentional or by being deleveled via PvP play. Either way this "update" will somewhat control the hyper-potion skill levels that allow incredibly easy play. It's just another band aid.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#57 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2019 - 21:42

Either way this "update" will somewhat control the hyper-potion skill levels that allow incredibly easy play. It's just another band aid.

Wouldn't the hyper potions just be used on other aspects of the game more? Less on power levelling and more in PvP or titan hunting. Thought you wanted less powerhouse potions used in PvP?

Still, it just means levelling slowed down a bit.

I still haven't received an answer whether this effects deleveling or not. I want to know if I can still delevel on SE below 5levels and not have XP lost reduced?

sigma_468x60.jpg

#58 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:24

I still haven't received an answer whether this effects deleveling or not. I want to know if I can still delevel on SE below 5levels and not have XP lost reduced?

well if you go and try it you will know   ,AGREE

5aZzW0p.png,

#59 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:41

I deleveled on empress tinny after the update from 748 to 299, it was rather fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: