#41 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:08

"I see fireballs coming from the naked pirate himself.."

uhm ....erm.....yup can't comment but ..nope can't comment just kind of looked like this reading that : :o

lol :P

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#42 Taranaka

Taranaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:47

Things like lag, iffy balancing (including abscence of level brackets), and an apparent almost complete lack of sensible Lore reasons for PvP to begin with (though I'd be up for a 'Monster Play' zone at 50 where the mobs are in essence controlled by other players), seem to me to be more important than 'I got whacked by a pink bunny in a game that makes its money largely by selling pink bunny suits'. In fact, one of the (many) reasons I play Eldevin over (eg) WoW is exactly the allowance of bunny suits and tutu's etc.

#43 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 17:49

Things like lag, iffy balancing (including abscence of level brackets), and an apparent almost complete lack of sensible Lore reasons for PvP to begin with (though I'd be up for a 'Monster Play' zone at 50 where the mobs are in essence controlled by other players), seem to me to be more important than 'I got whacked by a pink bunny in a game that makes its money largely by selling pink bunny suits'. In fact, one of the (many) reasons I play Eldevin over (eg) WoW is exactly the allowance of bunny suits and tutu's etc.

But are they necessary in PvP? I'd prefer seeing combat gear when I do my fighting.

Eldevin Steam-generation.

8080c8f99f8fda986f422fda15784e4b.gif

#44 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2015 - 00:49

But are they necessary in PvP? I'd prefer seeing combat gear when I do my fighting.

No but is it necessary to see gear when they are fighting? I don't care either way.....

The world is cruel...as will I....

#45 Taranaka

Taranaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:37

In short, yes.

The longer answer would be that an important part of the MMORPG experience is 'ownership' of your character(s). It is why players/customers get upset when they get (rightly or wrongly) the impression that they have little or no say on how their character behaves, increases in abilties, and/or looks, in short develops (making it very similar to the issue of 'plot-hammering/railroading' in Pen-and-Paper RPG's, but I digress).

This means that player #A WANTS his character to look like a pink bunny, and changing that would upset that player. Add in the 'game-paid-by-bunny-suits'- factor and this gets even more crucial.

Now, theoretically you could make visuals entirely private (ie. player #A sees the bunny cosume, player #B has blocked it from his sight).

But besides taking away part of the reason why people dress up in certain ways when interacting with others (they want to present and express themselves as a pink bunny, which garners other reactions/interactions then when e.g. dressed up as a US football player), this would create an additional layer of programming that might very well cause extra issues, especially with a Java-based game that can easily be taxing for players' monitors etc.

Last but not least, while one could debate how well it was done, part of the charm of Eldevin is that players can (should be able to) create their own Talent - and Class builds, and hence Gear-as-identification is of lesser importance than with (far) more rigid and calcified games like e.g. WoW.

So while I to a degree understand your issue, I still think that adding a toggle wouldn't be in the best interest of the game.

#46 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 April 2015 - 00:37

dumb idea

im with ghost on this

• KeS likes this

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#47 RoboChris

RoboChris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:08

I would be very upset if I couldn't teabag people with my excellent vanity choices.

#48 Taranaka

Taranaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:37

I would be very upset if I couldn't teabag people with my excellent vanity choices.

While I am still on board with the vanity-in-PvP thing, I somehow wonder wether people actually know what 'teabagging' is and from what sub-culture it stems (hint: similar in origin to the studs-and-leather in heavy metal).

#49 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:40

to be honest why should vanity be disabled in pvp ? you got eyes dont you ? vanity does not cover up weapons ... if you see they have a bow there not going to be a mage are they, there obviously going to be a ranger ...and if you see they have a 2h weapon you can easily tell that its a warrior.

C'mon man.....

only if we could teabag :'(

• KeS likes this

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#50 oxye

oxye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:39

I disagree with the PVP play out anyway.
Changes need to be made, including drops and more.

#51 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:09

there is no nice way of replying, if i cant beat someone then i can just cos im in a different vanity that is the definition of yes, u heard it here first ... insanity :o

#52 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:39

Can this thread die already? most said no and I doubt HCS will make any changes...

The world is cruel...as will I....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: