21 replies to this topic

#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 16:17

Issue #1 - everyone wins and everyone loses with inventing. Most things aren't worth it to invent. Especially because everything is a guaranteed success. What happened to the risk factor?

Issue 2 - inventor 2 175+ potions. Enough said dont make inventor 2 pots anymore.

Issue 3 - inventor 250+ potions. Yea every recipe doesnt need to be a sure win.

Issue 4 - gear is oversaturated stop the supply as clearly there isnt a feasible way to increase demand.

Please add more issues you have with this topic.

Edited by EpicPiety, 10 January 2019 - 16:22.

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 January 2019 - 16:21

Issue #1 I fail plenty, even on simple almost guaranteed invents (i.e. Mystic Pickaxe, Bite Serum)

EP, why are we trying to fix what ain't broke, when there's so much else that IS broke?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 16:27

Issue #1 I fail plenty, even on simple almost guaranteed invents (i.e. Mystic Pickaxe, Bite Serum)

EP, why are we trying to fix what ain't broke, when there's so much else that IS broke?

The OG recipes fail but I've found that all the new additions and especially with inventor 575 it's a sure win.

#4 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 January 2019 - 22:52

i failed on my first gorgeanaka cuirass.

#5 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 22:56

Inventor 575 and 100% Master inventor?

#6 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 11 January 2019 - 13:26

maybe limit fi to 175 ,will slow the influx of oversupply for a short time

5aZzW0p.png,

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 13:34

maybe limit fi to 175 ,will slow the influx of oversupply for a short time

I think fi is fine it's the fact most monsters can be killed with AM and have a high spawn rate.

#8 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 14:53

Issue 4 - gear is oversaturated stop the supply as clearly there isnt a feasible way to increase demand.

a radical idea would be to terminate the gear held by terminated multis

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 15:14

a radical idea would be to terminate the gear held by terminated multis

Why, I dont wanna lose gear for something I cant control.

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2019 - 15:17

What, you wanna save multi account mules?

~ Grim

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 15:22

What, you wanna save multi account mules?~ Grim

For guild tagged items. Is what he meant.

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 January 2019 - 15:26

For guild tagged items. Is what he meant.

Gear from terminated accounts should be returned to the guild store ( or mailbox in case of overflow) just the same as when somebody leaves the guild.   If this isn't already implemented, it should have been long ago....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 15:27

Gear from terminated accounts should be returned to the guild store ( or mailbox in case of overflow) just the same as when somebody leaves the guild.   If this isn't already implemented, it should have been long ago....

Sure why not but how it is now you cannot keep sending them items.

#14 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 16:45

eliminating the gear held by terminated multis = decrease the supply of gear ingame

simple math

#15 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 16:59

I am glad BG has made the Inventor 2 500 potion phase out. That is way too overpowered. I am ok with the Inventor 250 potions. Some risk in inventions is good but I am not so sure that applies on epic inventions. That is a lot of investment and for those that don't donate and instead grind to earn all they have when they invent and fail on epics that is a real slap in the face for their effort. That will drive epic prices up. Some would say a good thing but i'd sooner see profit lower and more people have access to gear. That's just my view of gear. I am not too bothered about the over saturation of gear. Keeps prices low for all to use.

Ouch. And you can't save anything on that invent. That would suck so much.

What, you wanna save multi account mules?

~ Grim

Terminated players shouldn't be able to hold gear. I am on board with the gear being put in the guild mailbox / guild store. No guild should benefit from using a terminated players BP space.

Edited by Josh1404, 11 January 2019 - 17:00.

#16 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 January 2019 - 17:08

Inventor 575 and 100% Master inventor?

inventor 287 and 100%.

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 17:11

If profit margins are always low your only choice to progress in this game is playing with your wallet. There is a golden point yes but everything cant be worthless. People always point out that you have to think from a newer players point of view. I have been new and let me tell you in an era where epics were thousands and legendaries were hundreds and invented recipes aswell. I've been there I know it's possible to make a good living. In fact better than it would be in a market where there is no demand and infinite supply. No I couldn't easily own the biggest and best gear. What makes anyone entitled to that anyway. But I did work together with my guild mates to purchase this gear and share it with the tagging system. Let me tell you when I finally reached my goal of owning a bothild set for arena it felt darn good! Way better than it would today.

inventor 287 and 100%.

I was talking about running the bigger pots. It ruins the recipes and makes most of them near 100% and it's so easy to get a hold of. If on the off chance you fail congrats you have inventor 2 288 or 575 for some people still.

Edited by EpicPiety, 11 January 2019 - 17:21.

#18 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:41

i kinda feel what epic is talking about. its not as fun owning a set that everyone has... there needs to be some kind of sense of accomplishment when obtaining a expensive item that took forever to grind out. i don't see any fix to this gear inflation but to release something thats more tedious to obtain. time for World Bosses maybe? have them spawn like chests with insane stats.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#19 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 19:13

The Circle of Elements - This quest, I could have used some of those 100% invent things. Those keys in that quest made me extremely snappy with all the fails. I did not use anything above what I normally use and I failed more often than I got it.

I even snapped at a PvPer that hit me, trying to steal gold I needed to buy the parts I needed to buy.   Very frustrating inventing arc and very very expensive.

Those that use those things for every single invent, are you the ones here now saying to get rid of those potions?  As with so much today, there does not seem to be much in the line of personal restraint so others might have the chance to experience it for themselves. What a sad comment on human nature, pity too.

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 20:47

If something is unhealthy for the game you have to leave the mechanic in the game until every single player experiences it for themselves. That doesn't make much sense but to each their own. I'm not saying make every recipe have more of a fail chance. I'm saying take these ridiculous potions out of the game. Some recipes could be harder as well but that's debatable. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 12 January 2019 - 20:49.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: