#1 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:35

hi was chatting to some players and they had a great idea ,What if we could get a % of the exp that we take while doing a bounties ,Not sure how it would work or what % it should be

but it is a great idea

Edited by activeh1, 15 July 2017 - 06:35.

5aZzW0p.png,

#2 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:37

I already posted about this before long time ago and was regretted due to possible abuse issues

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 14:36

sorry hon, hoof said no to this 10 years ago, nothing will change his mind I'm afraid.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 15:58

sorry hon, hoof said no to this 10 years ago, nothing will change his mind I'm afraid.

He said no to PvP protection as well and look where we're at!

I already posted about this before long time ago and was regretted due to possible abuse issues

I've always liked to know how this can be abused? Frankly, this idea would promote PvP, maybe that's why it's been opposed so far. The decision to keep the PvP averse players' risk to being offended at a minimum is a weak one. There are numerous ways to set this up so that it could NOT be abused. It's the same fearful rational that was made when the Stomper achievement was introduced - only BB and Ladder attacks counted after a mere 24 hours. A quick example to avoid abuse here would be to make any xp gain minimal compared to xp gained from game critters. The BB works as the deterrent. Comparable reasoning asks, who still levels off normal critters when champions give 2-3x more xp for the same stam expenditure? Players seek the most efficient way to use stam, don't they?

I don't buy that this decision is final from Hoof. The game is always evolving. Players feel this idea can be abused because they see blatant solicitations in bios to trade 10 stam Prestige hits and Hoof decided this game abuse is acceptable. He could plug the loophole if he wanted but appeasement prevails.

I'd like to see Hoof spend time developing game aspects, like this suggestion, which have been neglected since the bitterly received Seasonal fiasco. He's spending resources on attracting new players by adding a mobile platform while the loyal game base is left wanting. How long I wonder??

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 16:01

If the bounty hunter can lose XP for lost battles I see no reason why they shouldn't gain XP for won battles.

Screenshot everything!

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 16:10

I'd like to clarify here that I don't disagree... I've asked many times and always got shot down.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#7 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:16

He said no to PvP protection as well and look where we're at!

I've always liked to know how this can be abused? Frankly, this idea would promote PvP, maybe that's why it's been opposed so far. The decision to keep the PvP averse players' risk to being offended at a minimum is a weak one. There are numerous ways to set this up so that it could NOT be abused. It's the same fearful rational that was made when the Stomper achievement was introduced - only BB and Ladder attacks counted after a mere 24 hours. A quick example to avoid abuse here would be to make any xp gain minimal compared to xp gained from game critters. The BB works as the deterrent. Comparable reasoning asks, who still levels off normal critters when champions give 2-3x more xp for the same stam expenditure? Players seek the most efficient way to use stam, don't they?

I don't buy that this decision is final from Hoof. The game is always evolving. Players feel this idea can be abused because they see blatant solicitations in bios to trade 10 stam Prestige hits and Hoof decided this game abuse is acceptable. He could plug the loophole if he wanted but appeasement prevails.

I'd like to see Hoof spend time developing game aspects, like this suggestion, which have been neglected since the bitterly received Seasonal fiasco. He's spending resources on attracting new players by adding a mobile platform while the loyal game base is left wanting. How long I wonder??

person at EOC getting naked on bounty board  for a lower level player to hit all 100 stam attack and gain EXP to level up thats how it was explained in my post before it got delete and thats why I said it was rejected.

I had a post like this and it was shut down , I do agree having a minimal xp gain would work but its not up to us, like you said hoof needs to decide 

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:55

Stealing xp? i like it.

#9 Altiger

Altiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:57

great idea

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:58

person at EOC getting naked on bounty board  for a lower level player to hit all 100 stam attack and gain EXP to level up thats how it was explained in my post before it got delete and thats why I said it was rejected.

I had a post like this and it was shut down , I do agree having a minimal xp gain would work but its not up to us, like you said hoof needs to decide 

So what people get naked and join arenas.

#11 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 23:11

great idea

Stealing xp? i like it.

so when it comes down to you two three being left. Will you still be happy trying to get XP from each others bounties? :P

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 23:14

so when it comes down to you two three being left. Will you still be happy trying to get XP from each others bounties? :P

I'd steal xp from myself eventually. 

#13 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:04

You are assuming level difference between the attacker and the bountied would give an advantage. It doesn't have to be that way. As long as the xp gained from attacking a player on the BB is reduced to a much lower xp gained(say10-20%) than from killing a game critter, the BB will continue as a deterrent while giving players PLAYING the game a slight xp gain.

If the bounty hunter can lose XP for lost battles I see no reason why they shouldn't gain XP for won battles.

This quote exemplifies the reason this idea should be implemented. Again, the developers need to do some developing!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#14 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:37

Color me curious. 

Someone on the bounty board has their bounty accepted. 

As the hunter clears the bounty, the hunter can steal experience as well as dropping the targets experience.

If the bounty hunter misses, does said target get to steal some experience from the hunter?

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:42

Color me curious. 

As the hunter clears the bounty, the hunter can steal experience as well as dropping the targets experience.

If the bounty hunter misses, does said target get to steal some experience from the hunter?

Only fair

#16 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:16

Color me curious. 

yea now that sounds like another side to this as well

5aZzW0p.png,

#17 wraith

wraith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:12

Why make it just for the BB , make it on all hits. I see it making even more "want to be bounty hunters" but no more pvpers on the board.

#18 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:22

smash smash smash

#19 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:31

Winner gains xp on the Bounty Board; this being either Bounty Hunter or Defender. This really should have been implemented some time ago in my opinion. And as for abuse, who cares, it's rampant in the game anyway.

Cheers.

wil72

#20 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2017 - 15:03

I 100 percent agree with this, PvPers are lway at risk of losing tons of levels and xp so why can't we gain some ? What will be the problem for levellers ?

clock96.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: