Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 18 August 2015 - 13:55

Before I begin:

Yes Eldevin is an MMO and that implies group play.

I am in no way debating this and if this is going to be your response, please don't continue reading as you wont agree with anything from here on ;) :P :D

I have hit a patch where work is pretty demanding and I don't currently have the spare time I would like to to log in and play - it will probably be like this for the next 2-3 months but hopefully wont last that long.

However this raises the point that in order to progress my char to be ready for the level 50 content whenever it arrives I need to log in and grind some ancient cores and some remnants as well as obtain rare gathering items and possibly grab some infernal flakes and shadow cores also.

Ancient cores: Grind mobs / weekly quests (ToC/PVP/Arena)

Shadow Cores: Grind mobs / weekly quests (ToC/PVP/Arena)

Ancient Remnants: CC bosses / weekly dungeons / daily ToM / Benevolent Dungeoneer

Rares: Grind gathering

Infernal Flakes: Dailies for AP, Treya

My underlying point here is that the only "single player" aspect to these are the creature grinds or gathering , or if you are in the mood, low level arena runs.

Personally, with my limited log in time for the indefinite future, non of these feel particularly rewarding for my 15-30min limited log in.

Sure I could grind dailies and stock pile some AP and use this to trade with others but honestly that doesnt feel like I am playing eldevin.

What I think needs to happen is a total revamp of the "story mode" dungeons to allow for the introduction of story mode ICC or even a story CC boss instance. For example, I want to grind some ancient remnants but I am only online for the said 30min, and no one is currently running CC - I set up a group but am waiting on *insert group member* to finish something, and then when all is said and done, 25 min after I log in the group continues without me as I had to go - so I didnt get a run in.

The above story is applicable to any dungeon aspect of the game for end of content players, you either need to group up, or you need to grind professions - grinding mobs for cores is fine as this also allows for fp farming but is grinding mobs really all EoC has to offer for single player amusement?

I have raised something similar before here:

https://forums.hunte...cc/#entry932367

I would like to append to this a little bit.

Proposed idea:

Single player ICC or CC boss instances:

Single players ICC would reward the player with infernal shards for beating treya as well as the possibility of a gem (glim or defined - not sure which is more appropriate)

Single player CC boss instance - would reward player with ancient shards per kill + chance of random gem (glim or defined - not sure which is more appropriate)

Ancient shards can be fused into ancient remnants for a cost in gold: should require 10+ shards to make 1 relic - number required should be appropriate to difficulty of the single player instance and add in an appropriate gold sink to "fuse".

Infernal shards can be fused into infernal flakes for a cost in gold: should require min 20+ shards to fuse a flake based on their current rarity.

Additionally infernal shards should be fusable into fabled relics, again 20+ shards ~ 1 relic.

The aim here is NOT to introduce a new version of story mode where people can find a loophole to the original intention and farm said exploit (I am looking at you 5 man story BT runs :angry: ).

I am simply looking for an option where I can log in and run 1-2 single player instances if I cant find anyone to group with and then log out 20-30min later feeling that I did something other that ask and fail in chat for a group. Sometimes I log in and want to gather/craft, sometimes group up for dungeons runs, sometimes farm mobs - however there is no option to "progress" my character in a single player capacity. Killing mobs to farm cores/FP is not and should not be what eldevin sells as its EoC individual aspect to the game.

And just to repeat, anyone raising a pitchfork and shouting MMO - re-read my intro :lol:

#2 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 18 August 2015 - 15:15

I would also see this being rolled back to all previous story dungeons so that instead of getting relics from story mode you get shards - each boss would then give you 1/2 shards non sub/ sub or the final boss 2/4 and return to every boss dropping a loot chest. Since we are in story mode the loot chest would be a "story" gem (-1 tier to dungeon version tier) as the common drop the rare drop would be an item instead of a flake (so items only from the final boss)

And then shards would be traded for relics which would be traded for gear/remnants at the appropriate vendors.

This way the grind is essentially the same , but the player feels more rewarded.

#3 WallyX

WallyX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Portugal

Posted 18 August 2015 - 18:00

Hi J* and All

I Agree with part, that eldevin are turning in a "work game" and "not funny" game. We enter in game and have "lots of work" schedule to do.

How is My Work Day in Eldevin:

Infernal Flakes: Need to Farm, to do dailies, to get artizan points in order to get infernal flakes  :o - 1:30 Hour every day (125 Artizan Points/day - 2 Month to get 1 Weapon) - NOT FUNNY. Rarely can find team to do ICC. Players that got all infernal flakes dont want to do it again. Too much dangerous and  gold expensive if not a good team. Around 45 Minutes to each member in group get 1 chest with infernal Flakes. (Is not Funny, Good Rate bettween Work and Loot)

Ancient/Shadow Cores : I not have 1 Warrior Build to Farm Ancient Flakes. Need to do 10 Arena lvl 10 ( Totally Boring ) and 1:00 Hour. or to do 10 PVP (Lots of Fun) 1:40 Hours.

Gems Farm (CC): 1 Hour a day (Good Rate bettween Work and Loot - 20 Minutes we do 3 Boss with group of 2 players). We can do Solo (yes) if with right build (14-20 Min Defiler, more time to Gargoyle).

CC arrived and killed ICC Dungeon.

After 3/4 Hours, its time to help someone in Following Events:

BT/RG: 30 min for each Dungeon is acceptable

ASV: Ungeared Teams take around 1 hour (If Geared not need it anymore). In my oppinion, Dungeons that take more that 30 minutes is BORING NOT FUNNY.

Hope we get more Funny Events and Dungeons Soon and i left some suggestions:

- Guild Battles is Allways Fun and Competitive - Guild Rewards.

- Arena: Last Man Up - With Good Rewards to Winning Player

- Attack/Deffend Castle - With Good Rewards to Team

Eldevin City Defend: Random Time. Stop Boss and elite to arrive to Eldevin Palace - With Good Rewards to All Players

Good Job.

Wallyx

#4 111111111111111111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 21:48

Most needed thing here "Story Mode" in ASV (require group) and ARG (require group). :) Without it not fun, to much ASV relics need. :(

Why no one play ASV? :D

- They have all ASV weapons and playing just in ICC for Absolute gems and [Infernal Flake] to create [Glorious Onyx] and Infernal Weapons:(

So need "Story Mode".

Edited by Aliarth, 18 August 2015 - 21:57.

#5 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:27

if they do story mode on ASV/ARG why dont do story mode on ICC TO? story mode have made the game week but if story mode made a limit to CD be4 made new "story run" on 24h CD to prevent all to get set to fast

#6 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:51

Most needed thing here "Story Mode" in ASV (require group) and ARG (require group). :) Without it not fun, to much ASV relics need. :(

Why no one play ASV? :D

- They have all ASV weapons and playing just in ICC for Absolute gems and [Infernal Flake] to create [Glorious Onyx] and Infernal Weapons:(

So need "Story Mode".

The ICC shards would be fusable into fabled/ascended relics for a cost in gold by my previous suggestion.

Since the ascended dungeon is a harder version of a lower level instance re-creating a story mode version of this defeats the point of the harder instance in the first place.

if they do story mode on ASV/ARG why dont do story mode on ICC TO? story mode have made the game week but if story mode made a limit to CD be4 made new "story run" on 24h CD to prevent all to get set to fast

If an ascended story mode was introduced it should only allow the ascended daily quest to be completeable and drop no relics on the bosses (like the original ascended dungeon did before more recent changes).

This would mean players could complete their daily "solo" if need be but would not gain anything (bar possible drops) from farm running it.

Still not sure about story mode ascended dungeons, I know the cows have said before that this was something they wouldnt do, but if they were implemented, a "once a day" restriction should come into play.

#7 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:17

I still think story mode (in its current form) has ruined this game. Please no story for ascended dungeons, and story ICC. Rather have another way for solo players, or players short on time/bored to earn relics.

If you add in story mode for these things it cheapens the experience that the full versions offer. Especially if story mode is still able to be completed in a group.

We need a new way which is more time consuming (the time to complete set, not do the task) less gold/xp rewarding than proper group dungeons to get relics. So the preference should always be on groups.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#8 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:22

I still think story mode (in its current form) has ruined this game. Please no story for ascended dungeons, and story ICC. Rather have another way for solo players, or players short on time/bored to earn relics.

If you add in story mode for these things it cheapens the experience that the full versions offer. Especially if story mode is still able to be completed in a group.

We need a new way which is more time consuming (the time to complete set, not do the task) less gold/xp rewarding than proper group dungeons to get relics. So the preference should always be on groups.

Thats why I called it single player ICC and CC instances -

They should be soloable only.

Adding in shards that need to be fused into relics using gold also means that it will cost the solo player if they only run solo therefore encouraging the preferable group dungeon.

Setting the shard fusion (either fusing to relics or flakes) to a high enough value ensures that it is pretty grindy to run it solo, and with no gold reward means that the solo player will need quite a bit of work to get the set unless they join a group.

With the only reward system from the solo instance being a gem, it could introduce another viable gold sink while not punishing those players that cant/wont group up. Anyone who says that you shouldn't encourage solo content in an MMO needs to take a look at the current population and realise that anything that keeps players interested is a good aspect to the game.

#9 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:27

I agree J that a solo option would be nice, even if it means more time spent grinding, and smaller amounts of rewards.

Maybe even instances which take into account the amount of players taking part, so the difficulty increases as the amount of players does.  Then the rewards reflect this two, for example one or two items per player.

I find it very difficult to join groups for dungeons etc for reasons I have explained in other posts, but I do help other players, as much as possible, when I can, and the ideas you have come up with would allow people like myself and others who find time limiting, the oppertunity to progress even if it means it will may longer.

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#10 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:45

Maybe even instances which take into account the amount of players taking part, so the difficulty increases as the amount of players does.  Then the rewards reflect this two, for example one or two items per player.

Considering how awkward it would be to implement scaled rewards based on group size I was trying to keep it as simple (ish) as possible.

Solo instance - solo reward

Dungeon instnace - dungeon reward

But if scalable rewards and difficulty based on group size were feasible then I'd be all for this too! :D

#11 WallyX

WallyX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Portugal

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:53

Proposal:

ICC Solo Mode: (Not Story Mode) - Random Loot (Infernal Flake (10% Drop Rate); Shadow Cores(100); Glimmering Gems;  ....)

PVP Arena 45+ - Random Loot too Winner Team (Infernal Flake; Shadow Cores;  Ancient Cores; Ancient Remmants; Glimmering Gems; ASV Relics....) - 1 Bag for each player.

Champion Hall Solo Mode - (Not Story Mode) - Random Loot in order with lvl of player

Edited by WallyX, 19 August 2015 - 10:53.

#12 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:04

Considering how awkward it would be to implement scaled rewards based on group size I was trying to keep it as simple (ish) as possible.

Solo instance - solo reward

Dungeon instnace - dungeon reward

But if scalable rewards and difficulty based on group size were feasible then I'd be all for this too! :D

True, not being a programmer I have no idea what it would entail to implement any ideas suggested in the forum but the ideas would be nice if possible :)

Maybe getting rid of the need/greed setup and just a set random drop/s per player (sympathy to the one who gets howlites, unless its Sav :lol: ), that way there would also be no arguments if any minority selfish players need everything so the rest of the group loses out. Then afterwards, the players can swap and change rewards between them if they wish.

Edited by Steve1973, 19 August 2015 - 11:05.

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: