Photo

Guild vs. Group

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:28

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far from Eldevin, and look forward to HCS version of this MMORPG, but haven't seen one thing that has thus far brought Fallen Sword to life, the Guild.

I've played a few MMO's and found the group-dominated and LFM's good, but guild significance has been a second thought.  One of the reasons FS has lasted as long as it has is the guild system. Working together means something, not just in the short term, but in the long run, and this more effectively reflects reality (see family, career, friends, all longer term investments).  I've not seen a thing about guilds in Eldevin...can someone help me out, have I missed this topic?

Thanks in advance.

DeadParrot

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#2 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:52

They will be released sometime after the beta. Here's a quote from a different thread...

Guilds
are going to be a post initial beta feature, and it would be awesome if
they could have some of the features suggested here. We'll want to take
a fair bit of time implementing them properly, so we won't be rushing
them in straight away.

Having an instanced guild hall would be a
great social hub for guilds, we'd need to make it not too convenient
though so people do still wander about the towns and cities ;) Also would be interesting to see how guilds could be integrated with pvp somehow.

Definitely something for us to think about :D

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#3 Seagull

Seagull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:46

Guild halls could certainly turn out to be a decent money sink if there are purchasable upgrades and/or maintenance fees. 

Just a few ideas off the top of my head:

-Guild storage (for communal items/resources)

-Guild calender, to plan events and have them visible to all members of said guild.

-Sparring arena.

-Games room (chess etc.)

All of these things could be implemented as optional upgrades which cost gold acquired either through some types of tax system similar to FallenSword or via donations.

Another feature which I believe has the potential to be quite interesting would be some type of guild vs guild pvp system, perhaps arena based with rewards available.

#4 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:40

We have groups which you can join while on a server, but they are not persistent so you'll leave the group when you logout (after time at least) or go on to another server.

So we have no guild system for Eldevin for the beta and likely not for the release but we really need to see where we get to. It's actually more of a technical problem in that players can jump to different servers all the time, and the guilds would need to synch across multiple game servers, nothing else in the current system binds multiple players in that way, yet :)

The same applies to an auction house so those two features will spawn from a cross server system at the same time, and those two are the two main priorities after launch (depending where we get to).

But yeah, we're aware how important the guilds are like in fallensword, and it'll be nice to have that as the first major new feature to add, but it spawns many extra features like guild inventories/housing and that kinda thing with it, its just a bit too big a feature to throw in at this stage. So no guilds yet, but definitely to be added.

Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#5 iambrad

iambrad

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 14:45

Will it always be a random server you connect to? Or will you be able to try to log into a specific server if traffic is not too bad?

#6 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 February 2013 - 21:35

If there are some distinct difference between servers, such as different players, then I'd say it would be best to be able to select the server you want to be on; provided that that server is not too busy already.

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#7 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2013 - 00:14

A nice feature would be a summary of the number of players on each server and list of the active players on each server so that you can switch over to join your friends.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#8 iambrad

iambrad

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:26

Is it possible upon log in to see what server your friends/allies that you have selected are on and join that server?

#9 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:10

We have groups which you can join while on a server, but they are not persistent so you'll leave the group when you logout (after time at least) or go on to another server.

So we have no guild system for Eldevin for the beta and likely not for the release but we really need to see where we get to. It's actually more of a technical problem in that players can jump to different servers all the time, and the guilds would need to synch across multiple game servers, nothing else in the current system binds multiple players in that way, yet :)

NOOO!!! Seriously, I died a bit inside.

We...

But yeah, we're aware how important the guilds are like in fallensword, and it'll be nice to have that as the first major new feature to add, but it spawns many extra features like guild inventories/housing and that kinda thing with it, its just a bit too big a feature to throw in at this stage. So no guilds yet, but definitely to be added.

YESSS!!!

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: