INTERLUDE ONE (Part 6 of The Chronicles of Midnight)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ss_midnightxx

ss_midnightxx
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:17

This Story is the 6th in a series, I have started writing. The stories are a combination of entertainment and back story to flesh out my character. Please ignore errors in spelling and grammar, as I'm not a great literary, and what constitutes a rough draft for most people is a finished work for me. Also this story is more a connector to set the stage for events in future chapters.

If you have not read the earlier stories, please go back and do so first...
1) RAD LAND http://forum.sigmast...php?f=11&t=2820
2) DARKEST HOUR http://forum.sigmast...php?f=11&t=2834
3) THE WINE DARK SEA http://forum.sigmast...php?f=11&t=3249
4) RAZOR QUEEN http://forum.sigmast...php?f=11&t=3279
5) CRASH LANDER http://forum.sigmast...php?f=11&t=3589

and if you enjoyed the story please leave a comment I'll be more motivated to write more, as opposed to just wasting my time surfing the net. That and more people will likely take the time to read them if they have gotten allot of responses.

#2 ss_midnightxx

ss_midnightxx
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:17

INTERLUDE ONE

The Dune Scanner, or what was left, lay nearby, crumpled like some great insect, dried in the desert sun and pick clean by the ceaseless winds.

Likely the thing had lay immobile in the shifting sands for decades, until the tread of my boots came nearby. Then something deep with in its processor core had stirred to life, activating it’s ancient programming. The archaic mechanism had surged up from the dune, sand bleeding off it’s armored back. It’s twin guns, at the ends of long arms, had cleared the sand before the creature was half free. A moment later I was diving to one side as the desert floor erupted into a hundred small geysers…..

Now the things wait had ended, and I sat nearby, I squeezed the flesh together around the two ragged wounds in my thigh. Slowly I released a trickle of surge into my blood, and watched as tattered flesh, began to stitch itself back together.

An approaching figure drew my attention away, no mater, the process did not need my attention.

The powerful cyborg first inspected my kill before turning to me and speaking. “Well done Midnight! You’ve not damaged the head, I wager you’ll get a good price for it back in Taulin City.”

“Thanks Slyfighter, I heard these things had existed, but never seen one, until just now.”

“Speaking of Taulin City” He went on “There is a certain Slade there who is howling for your blood. Something about cheating him on a Thermal Desiccator weapons.”

“In my own defense, I never advertised that devise as the prototype, I simply offered it at a fair price” I went on “In fact, if he thought that was in fact the prototype, it is I should be angry that he tried to gain it at such a trifling cost. No wonder the scoundrel ran off with it so quickly!”

Slyfigher chuckled “In any event watch your back.”

“Surely you didn’t come all the way out here to bring me this dire warning?”

“No.” he continued “I’m here on another matter”

“Which is?”

“Your future, I don’t believe it lies with the Reapers. Both Failsafe and myself have done far better with other factions.” He explained “In fact word is that both Tocotew and Slayer have also been approached and may soon being making a change of allegiance.”

I mulled this over, looking at the broken form of the Dune Scanner.

“Understand” he went on “The larger factions are much better equipped and for once you may even find a few credits in your pouch.”

“So is that what we are.” I replied “Mercenaries, for hirer to the highest bidder?”

“Not at all, but as the number of Reapers dwindle, so do your chances of survival” Slyfighter clarified “I’ve lost several friends to the desert, I’d hate to loose another.”

“So what do you propose?”

“Banes Legion has a opening, I’d like you to join me there.”

I cut him off “If I were to do that it would definitely be the end of the Reapers, I don’t think I can.”

“There is but one opening, and we need to fill it.” He spoke regretfully

“I understand, and I’m flattered that you approached me.” I considered “I’ll think about it then Sly”

I stood, and as I walked past him I slapped him on the shoulder.

“Don’t forget your prize!” he called after me

“Keep it…”

The late afternoon winds had begun to throw up swirling clouds of dust as I wandered aimlessly across the great plain, lost in thought.

#3 ss_aniee

ss_aniee
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2009 - 00:43

aww i miss those guys :(
when u put these all in a book im gonna b one of the first 2 buy it
so cool MIDNIGHT :D
mr. awesome :D
xx

#4 ss_door23

ss_door23
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2009 - 22:33

as always ur storys are awsome ;)

#5 ss_n1nja

ss_n1nja
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2009 - 16:19

I realize that I'm a bit behind the times here but these stories are great and I hope more come

#6 ss_midnightxx

ss_midnightxx
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2009 - 23:43

I got 5 more rolling around in my head completely thought out....just been to lazy to type them up....soon I hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: