204 replies to this topic

#41 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:15

opinion: Maybe have 2 delivery dates for the xmas dot offer ... in other words just run the same offer twice =) One before the 2XP event begins and another the week after ...seems like it be beneficial for ALL ... mayhaps ? plus people might buy dots ....and then use them during the event and buy more.. maybe for an xmas global event  .. and by the way it is a nice offer ... ill be buying a set.. either way! But for the guys gunning for EOC ..would be nice. :)

#42 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:45

Thanks for the event HCS! Thanks for the offer as well! That offer is one heck of deal!!!! Keep up the good work.!

#43 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:03

I'll certainly discuss the feedback with Hoofmaster. Pushing it back to the 22nd is not exactly great as it then progresses over the Christmas weekend. We'd also have to extend the event until Boxing Day I reckon as who wants to work on Christmas Day? 

~ Grim

#44 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:07

I'll certainly discuss the feedback with Hoofmaster. Pushing it back to the 22nd is not exactly great as it then progresses over the Christmas weekend. We'd also have to extend the event until Boxing Day I reckon as who wants to work on Christmas Day? 

~ Grim

I think that's the right decision though. To push the event back until after the FSP is delivered. Doesn't suit everyone but seems a fairer solution.

And I thoroughly agree about working on Christmas day. You nor anyone else should have to. Your Christmas to.

#45 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:19

Instead pushing it back to run during Christmas why don't you push it back to after the first of the new year? Everybody gets their boxes in plenty of time and the event doesn't interfere with the holidays. Problem solved.

Screenshot everything!

#46 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:20

why not just leave it as is ?

5aZzW0p.png,

#47 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:28

~ Grim

Thanks for going to bat for us Grim! Hopefully there is a solution that will benefit all parties involved.

#48 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:30

Instead pushing it back to run during Christmas why don't you push it back to after the first of the new year? Everybody gets their boxes in plenty of time and the event doesn't interfere with the holidays. Problem solved.

That could work. Again, will discuss with Hoofmaster.

why not just leave it as is ?

Because we listen to the feedback of our Community. This is an important event for a lot of players!

~ Grim

#49 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:32

deleted no point 

Edited by activeh1, 08 December 2017 - 11:39.

5aZzW0p.png,

#50 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:37

They have presented a reasonable argument.

~ Grim

#51 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:40

~ Grim

Having already seen a good number of players (myself included) change their game play plans to adjust for the officially announced date on the home page, I'd be against changing the date of launch.

I actually liked the fact that it was happening before Xmas while all cow hooves will be on deck to deal with tech issues.

The only actual problem I've seen was the Xmas boxes and can get how that may screw up some planning.

I'd suggest, in the best of worlds, allowing FS players to choose the delivery date of their boxes purchased. Ie, they get them at originally scheduled date which is appropriately Xmas and may well be the point of having bought the item for other players. However, they have the option to switch the delivery date to a time of their choosing starting at 2XP launch and up to the original Xmas date. If no change is specifically requested, it remains as was originally stated for Friday, December 22.

Otherwise, just leave as is. For each player that has complained about the launch date, there is likely one that will complain about a change to an official HP communication which a much larger portion of the player has seen and already reacted to.

My two cents.

EDIT: ps, hope the option to purchase remains as is. Ie, until the current deadline. Just in case it didn't go without saying.

Edited by Egami, 08 December 2017 - 11:44.

#52 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:42

Any change would be announced on the forums, news page, and our social media.

~ Grim

#53 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:50

Having already seen a good number of players (myself included) change their game play plans to adjust for the officially announced date on the home page, I'd be against changing the date of launch.

I actually liked the fact that it was happening before Xmas while all cow hooves will be on deck to deal with tech issues.

The only actual problem I've seen was the Xmas boxes and can get how that may screw up some planning.

I'd suggest, in the best of worlds, allowing FS players to choose the delivery date of their boxes purchased. Ie, they get them at originally scheduled date which is appropriately Xmas and may well be the point of having bought the item for other players. However, they have the option to switch the delivery date to a time of their choosing starting at 2XP launch and up to the original Xmas date. If no change is specifically requested, it remains as was originally stated for Friday, December 22.

Otherwise, just leave as is. For each player that has complained about the launch date, there is likely one that will complain about a change to an official HP communication which a much larger portion of the player has seen and already reacted to.

My two cents.

Agree 100%. Do not change the event dates. 

Date of delivery for the Christmas offer is what has been changed(in a way), it is only appropriate to revert the change or make adjustments to the offer delivery to fix the issues players are having. 

Also side note, everyone was given a Potion of Elite Advancement which is better as it has an extra Doubler 1000 compared to the Christmas box eggnog .. why wouldn't you save it for the hunting event coming up which(again) most people know of ?

#54 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:56

was wondering the exp event in june  didnt get a box before it did it ? 

5aZzW0p.png,

#55 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:01

Grim why not just deliver the Xmas offer on the 15th instead that gives a win on all fronts. and then let the offer run as normal till later on the 22nd? people who want fsp to level get them and people who want fsp to garner their annual supply can also do so.

#56 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:07

Grim why not just deliver the Xmas offer on the 15th instead that gives a win on all fronts. and then let the offer run as normal till later on the 22nd? people who want fsp to level get them and people who want fsp to garner their annual supply can also do so.

Would be great to see this implemented.

#57 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:09

i could live with this if i had too

5aZzW0p.png,

#58 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:13

if the event date is changed to the new year what about santork and the dragons will they still be out at xmas like normal

#59 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:16

I think that's what most of the complaints are directed towards.

The reason I'm pushing for the "option" to pull forward delivery is 1) Some that have purchased this have made it a Xmas gift. It's not about the 2XP. 2) I want to make sure that the Xmas offer runs the entire gambit. Keep in mind that announced 2XP is in 7 days and offer currently running for 14. Just want to make sure that doesn't get cut short.

#60 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:17

Traditionally, the Christmas offer has always been where we buy before the 2x event, and the FSP are delivered just before or just after Christmas, as it was a way to play Santa with the package.   The Quests and Titans came after, only Santork and the reindeer came before the FSP offer.   Scoff if you like, but we ALL knew there would be a need for chests with OP potions for this event and with careful planning you all could have several FREE ones from Global Events...  BG, I say stick with tradition and leave it as it is.  I, for one, would rather have a special Quango Christmas.....  I have 5 global chests waiting for my hunt on the 15th already....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: