853 replies to this topic

#81 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 20:25

What the hell are you people talking about??

I was asking what was meant by "Bounty Board Battle is abusing the system" ... not sure what happened after that

#82 LadyPike

LadyPike

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 20:26

from now on...I'm your biggest fan 8)

aBnRRF9.png

#83 fs_dougmines

fs_dougmines
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 20:37

You might want to read it, worthwhile I promise. One of the wildest twists in the game that I have seen since joining.

#84 tsink20

tsink20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 21:28

I have had a number of exchanges with HCS personnel over 100 stam hits. There seems to be an inconsistency as to how they view pvp. Unfortunately, the person who receives and responds to tickets seems to have an extremely anti-pvp view of the game, and, since that person serves as the gate keeper for these issues, her bias is having an impact on the game. I have been personally banned from hitting certain players and our guild has been prohibited from hitting certain guilds. In no case were either I or we doing anything beyond what is permitted under the game mechanics. I have been told that repeated 100 stam hits are deemed harassment in violation of the game rules. Yet the game explicitly permits a player to hit another once every hour. How can the game be coded to permit an activity that is interpreted by one if the HCS staff as against the rules of the game that permits it? Ultimately, we all started playing this game knowing the rules. The rules explicitly permit pvp hits every hour. To, after 3 years, redefined repeated pvp hits as harassment fundamentally changes the game that explicitly has marketed itself as a pvp game, which is tantamount to bait and switch.

#85 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 21:41

Bounty reservations a misuse of mechanics? But, you're not stopping them from taking the bounty, you're simply asking them not to, its not as if you can stop them :?

War bounties have been around since as long as I have played the game, and although I have never been part of any war, I dont see why the cows would want to take away such an interesting dynamic.

You should have to fight your own battles. Not be able to take whatever you want and not expect repercussions. If anything, the cows are sending the message that bullying is ok if you only do it in the form of taking a guilds relics(Since really you have nothing to lose if they cant pvp you if you dont empower it yourself, except the stamina for the group cost. Compare that stamina cost to empowerment cost, its extremely one sided on risk vs gains)

#86 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 26 November 2010 - 21:47

There seems to be an inconsistency as to how they view pvp. Unfortunately, the person who receives and responds to tickets seems to have an extremely anti-pvp view of the game, and, since that person serves as the gate keeper for these issues, her bias is having an impact on the game.
... the game explicitly permits a player to hit another once every hour. How can the game be coded to permit an activity that is interpreted by one if the HCS staff as against the rules of the game that permits it? Ultimately, we all started playing this game knowing the rules. The rules explicitly permit pvp hits every hour. To, after 3 years, redefined repeated pvp hits as harassment fundamentally changes the game that explicitly has marketed itself as a pvp game, which is tantamount to bait and switch.

+1

First that special someone decided to block some guilds from hitting other specific guilds. Then she more or less started blocking at least one guild from hitting any other guilds. Since that did not brake PvP, she decided to take it upon herself to change the gameplay with relics - no more retaliation when ppl take a protected, fully empowered relic. Just sit back, and take it all the way up the ***
Now, she wants to dictate how bounties are cleared?

Makes me wonder, if the rest of HCS is even aware of these actions? I have a hard time believing Hoof and BG for instance, would accept this behavior, since they actually know the game... unlike that special someone.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#87 hisshadow

hisshadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 22:24

... well, if you farm for PvP then you are abusing ... it's just not right ...

... as far as I am concerned ... HCS, created this mess all by themselves ... changes occurred and now that non-PvP players use the new PvP rules to defend their empowered relics, well, HCS steps in to arbitrarily offset certain players' and guilds' dispositions ... again, I don't think it's right ...

... let's change the rules some more now ... everyone together now ... whine ...

#88 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 22:40

There seems to be an inconsistency as to how they view pvp. Unfortunately, the person who receives and responds to tickets seems to have an extremely anti-pvp view of the game, and, since that person serves as the gate keeper for these issues, her bias is having an impact on the game.
... the game explicitly permits a player to hit another once every hour. How can the game be coded to permit an activity that is interpreted by one if the HCS staff as against the rules of the game that permits it? Ultimately, we all started playing this game knowing the rules. The rules explicitly permit pvp hits every hour. To, after 3 years, redefined repeated pvp hits as harassment fundamentally changes the game that explicitly has marketed itself as a pvp game, which is tantamount to bait and switch.

+1

First that special someone decided to block some guilds from hitting other specific guilds. Then she more or less started blocking at least one guild from hitting any other guilds. Since that did not brake PvP, she decided to take it upon herself to change the gameplay with relics - no more retaliation when ppl take a protected, fully empowered relic. Just sit back, and take it all the way up the ***
Now, she wants to dictate how bounties are cleared?

Makes me wonder, if the rest of HCS is even aware of these actions? I have a hard time believing Hoof and BG for instance, would accept this behavior, since they actually know the game... unlike that special someone.

Since I get so many people asking aboout/why 2 of my mates that no longer play Kai and Kick, I will answer that some from addressing this matter, the person the 2 people I am quoting are referring to and the basis of this topic are some of the biggest reasons why....that is all

#89 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 22:46

In this 'PVP' game there seems to me that there is a real grey area regarding relic defence,, meaning that you arent allowed to defend your relic other than sit on it and wait for someone high level to come along with a group and take it from you.

im not gonna quote 'in real life' because this is a MMORPG,, with 'G' meaning game.
so what i would like to know is why some guilds think that they are immune from any pvp if they take someones relic.

does not the bounty board punish those who steal gold, why then are people not allowed to defend their Relics, other than just sitting on the relic like a hen waiting for it to hatch.

and theres no point big guilds pointing out that if you have enough players sitting on the relic then its safe because that doesnt help the smaller guilds.

this is my 1st attempt at posting a topic, but would love to hear peoples thoughts on this

I agree 100% - we don't defend our relic as it is frowned upon lol We do PvP all those who may catch our eye though (any attention to an individual appropriates this)- then we simply hit for "rating"...OOps just hit the guy for rating that took the relic....could of been punishable if not such an innocent mistake. Perception is everything O.~

#90 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 22:48

What do you mean by "you people"....oh damn...what are we talking about now : P

#91 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 00:01

Great topic snowy.

Which is harassment? Taking the same relic from the same guild only when they have empowered it OR PvPing hourly in defense of the relic trying to be controlled without sending any disparaging PMs?

Sending tickets is a popular 'run and cry to Momma' method. Instead, get the hint that being PvPed occurs when you take certain relics. "Take relics at your own risk!" needs to be added to their description. I wanna here what Pop(aka Hoof) has to say about this.

Didn't take long for this topic to come up ;)

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#92 Ramses1977

Ramses1977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 00:02

their Relics

its not their relics as the guild doesn't own it but the game does.. and u can defend the relic in any way you want.. if u want to pvp those who capture it be it - that's a legit way. (plz note though that some people got banned for continue pvping some1 as it consider harassment)

I iwas informed that you can not be banned for pvping someone over and over ... I think you may be misinformed ....I say this from personal experience as they told me they will not ban someone for repeated attacks on a person it is part of the game I was told you can lock xp if it is an issue

#93 Ramses1977

Ramses1977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 00:07

and personally if you want to take a relic every time it is lvl'd that is your biz and you can attack all you want but realize this is a pvp game and there might be repercussions and..... for instance....Example lets say I am trying to harass a guild that has a relic , because they upset me. So I sit on the relic and attack it every time they max it.... there is nothing that says everyone in that guild that is my level can not attack me over and over and over.... if I get tired of it. I can lock my experience, and not level, or I can level out of their range range or apologize and ask them to stop :)...all of these are well within the rules of the game

#94 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 00:41

their Relics

its not their relics as the guild doesn't own it but the game does.. and u can defend the relic in any way you want.. if u want to pvp those who capture it be it - that's a legit way. (plz note though that some people got banned for continue pvping some1 as it consider harassment)

I have been informed that you can not be banned for pvping someone over and over ... I think you may be misinformed ....I say this from personal experience as they told me they will not ban someone for repeated attacks on a person it is part of the game I was told you can lock xp if it is an issue

Hmmmm, who informed you of this? I know i've been informed twice by xakano through in game log messages to stop 100 stamming certain players. And the threat of disciplinary action if i didn't comply.

#95 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:13

Remember their safety net of each ticket is resolved on a case-by case analysis, which is fine by me. However, how are guilds supposed to defend relics they have spent considerable gold to empower if not by PvP and GvGs? There are, well at least in PvP there are repercussions to using that method of retaliation.

It's been said many times already in this thread but the messages being sent from the disciplinary admin cow are much different then from Hoof and the game's managers. Clarification is needed, certainly before players start getting more messages of possible further disciplinary action and even termination.

If it remains as is I wouldn't make the empty threat of quitting but I would certainly ask for a partial refund of some of my donations.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#96 Ramses1977

Ramses1977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:29

Remember their safety net of each ticket is resolved on a case-by case analysis, which is fine by me. However, how are guilds supposed to defend relics they have spent considerable gold to empower if not by PvP and GvGs? There are, well at least in PvP there are repercussions to using that method of retaliation.

It's been said many times already in this thread but the messages being sent from the disciplinary admin cow are much different then from Hoof and the game's managers. Clarification is needed, certainly before players start getting more messages of possible further disciplinary action and even termination.

If it remains as is I wouldn't make the empty threat of quitting but I would certainly ask for a partial refund of some of my donations.

lol reminds me of a us army contract you can get it to say that they will send you to 82 airborne ft bragg but at the end of ever contract its says ...in accordance with the army's needs lol

#97 fs_gravely

fs_gravely
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:31

lol reminds me of a us army contract you can get it to say that they will send you to 82 airborne ft bragg but at the end of ever contract its says ...in accordance with the army's needs lol

The difference, being, of course, that by signing an agreement of service with the military, you become quite literally Government Issue...whereas at this juncture we are discussing a "free to play" MMO that everyone enjoys as recreation...

#98 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:55

On one hand, I think that using pvp to defend relics is a weird way of going about it...

But pvp should not be restricted in this way.

#99 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:00

On one hand, I think that using pvp to defend relics is a weird way of going about it...

But pvp should not be restricted in this way.

How is it weird? A guild is sitting on a relic which it pays to empower..and they work together to sustain it... someone walks along and takes it... and get smacked.. I think its good for a guild to defend this way..and fight for a relic... if they want it..fight for it..simple.

#100 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:12

How is it weird? A guild is sitting on a relic which it pays to empower..and they work together to sustain it... someone walks along and takes it... and get smacked.. I think its good for a guild to defend this way..and fight for a relic... if they want it..fight for it..simple.

Agreed. Makes sense how this game is should be played. There needs to be repercussions to everything, including taking relics. We have been told repeatedly that 100 stamming hourly is allowed as long as disparaging messages are not included with those attacks. Problem is one cow isn't aware of what other cows are saying publicly.

[Signature removed]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: