Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:56

So the first discussion is over, I've selected the ideas I think have a lot of potential. Below are the ideas I've selected and my personal thoughts on them.

Firstly, the 5th gang idea. I'm not going to waste a lot of time shooting this idea down again. Basically, it's a temporary fix and given a few months people will be tired of a new gangs politics just like the old gangs. I am however going to throw a different take on the 5th gang idea in to the mix that I think could work.

Rogue Viability

Rather than add a 5th gang I like the idea of allowing Rogues to use the Wasteland. So you go rogue, you get a "days as rogue" counter much like the "time as a member" counter for in a gang. Gangs can then white list you against their guards.

So if you're white listed by a gang that gangs guards will not attack you, you will also gain the ability to spawn from their HQ. If you're not on any white lists you will spawn randomly in to the Wasteland. You cannot capture land, but you can help degrade gangs control down to 0% if you sit on a square. You can attack anyone but you'll only be able to phase in to white listed gangs territory or neutral / contested squares.

The idea of this would be both 'Mercinary Clans' that help the highest bidder and an out for players who enjoy warfare but are tired of gang politics.

Warfare Enhancements (Original Post)

I'm not fond of the idea of a smaller Wasteland for non-avatars as it excludes almost the entire current player base. I'm not opposed to expanding the current Wasteland systems with more structures and such though.

Warfare Shop Items (Original Post)

I think this idea is needed as current Warfare Point rewards are mostly irrelevant. I'd like to see new items that cost a small fortune go up but are viable alternatives to Ventrix's items.

Arena System (Original Post)

I like the idea behind this, like who can defeat the most waves of enemies. But I think these sort of concepts would be better incorporated in to the Raid System idea below.

Raid System (Original Post)

This idea needs some work but I really like it. I think players would form groups (the same way they do in Fallen Sword) and then fight enemies in an asynchronous fashion i.e You're in the fight whether you're online or not. This could also be combined with the arena idea, having the group confront enemies in waves and see how long they can last.

Inventory Revamp (Original Post)

It's quite a bit of work but I'd still love to give all players far more item slots and add a proper drag / drop / stacking system to inventory. Maybe with nicer controls for combining crystals and socketing items as well.

Hospital Revamp (Original Post)

Apparently the hospital closing is putting off a lot of new players, maybe it's time we ditched that idea. Very little work but may be controversial.

Crystal Levelling (Original Post)

I think this idea would need to be simplified to be viable. I like the idea of using crystals for more things but I'm not sure I fully understand the mechanics and purpose of this system.

That's a summary of all the ideas I liked from the previous thread. Discuss further then we'll take out a few of the unpopular ones and put it up for a vote!

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 Steven

Steven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:24

I think this idea is needed as current Warfare Point rewards are mostly irrelevant. I'd like to see new items that cost a small fortune go up but are viable alternatives to Ventrix's items.

I'm going to vote for this, but it would have to be a Crystal exchange / wf shop combo.

As for my second vote I'd vote inventory, nothing else appeals to me. The hospital cannot be classed as a road map lol It would take 2 minutes.

#3 Ayo

Ayo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:45

Arena

Arena System (Original Post)

I like the idea behind this, like who can defeat the most waves of enemies. But I think these sort of concepts would be better incorporated in to the Raid System idea below.

It's quite a bit of work but I'd still love to give all players far more item slots and add a proper drag / drop / stacking system to inventory. Maybe with nicer controls for combining crystals and socketing items as well.

I think this idea would need to be simplified to be viable. I like the idea of using crystals for more things but I'm not sure I fully understand the mechanics and purpose of this system.

love those 3, stacking for crystals is definitely necessary, its a pain to use market as storage all the time. Arena would be very cool, could be 2 seperete Arenas.... PvP and NPC. for pvp you should sign up and it should be run maybe once or twice a week, duno what would the prizes be tho. should add more top 10 lists for that i guess.

New achievments as well would be cool, for WL and for Arena.

#4 rollin340

rollin340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:47

Yeah, the Hospital wouldn't take long at all.

It would also make the Sanctuary of Healing completely worthless. xD

And no Attack system re-vamp... aww....

Your idea on Raids is different from what I had in mind, and I don't play Fallen Sword.

How does it work?

I mean, how do you join a group when you're offline?

I like all the ideas.

But the Rouge idea...

Damn...

Rogues could essentially come in and force every square grey.

That's badass.

#5 Raven

Raven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:58

Rouges.

By attacking anyone, does that mean you can attack the Gang(s) that have Whitelisted you?

That would be interesting.

Also, besides being mercs, they could technically become Spies, in a way. Gives an interesting dynamic to the game.

=====

WF Enchancements.

Yeah I don't really like the idea of mini-WL either. But something to pull in lowbies and not make them (no offence) useless would be good.

=====

WF Shop.

Yes please, current Shop is worthless :P

=====

Arena.

Yes please! This sounds awesome! We could have Leaderboards and everything. A whole new competetion! There could even be banners or badges for this. Rank #1 for a Month in the Arena, etc.

=====

Raid System.

I still think this is familiar with Brave Frontier, and I like it. I can see this game going on the path of a full-fledged AAA MMORPG right here. ^.^

=====

Inventory/Hospital Revamps.

Inventory stacking, yes. More item slots, sure, but what would the Plat Upgrade do then? Even moar? :o

Like rollin said, if the Hospital doesn't close, the Sanctuary would become useless.

=====

Crystal Levelling

More stuff with Crystals! Yay.

Maybe a Level 1 Crystal gives x% bonuses to a specific stat.

You would inlay said L1 Crystal into an item, and with every (whatever requirement it is for the item) the Crystal would get EXP as well. Same thing as the item. With every level, the stat bonus increases?

Sounds cool.

=====

Overall, I like the Arena and Raid ideas.

The WL Shop and Inventory ideas are a must-have.

And the Rogue system is super cool.

#6 Matty

Matty

Voluntary Helper

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:32

The concepts of bringing rogues in the WL sounds nice, but I feel as though many people will just be whitelisted by BOD and do a lot of simply phasing in to squares just to kill one gang.

For me, raids seem to be the most fun. A new inventory would be a huge thing though.

1o4t3c.jpg

"We intend to continue to fully support Legacy and will likely release future updates, but currently we have no time-scale for these as of yet." - Hoofmaster - August 19th, 2016

#7 UnicornBob

UnicornBob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2014 - 13:26

I vote arena and raid (they seem the same in my mind, just arena is a solo version of the raid)

It's the main suggestion that will add something entirely new to the game, the rest are almost like Zorg said with a 5th gang "a temporary fix"...

I do think a few more equips are needed (armour and projectile mostly), everyone's still aiming for the same set ups but I suppose if arena/raid were added there would need to be a reward system.

I would also like to add:
Removing the hospital closing times seems like a good idea to me, it doesn't serve any greater purpose so not annoying newbies can only help :P

The wasteland shop update sounds like a good idea to me! Like Steven said it could easily incorporate the discussion the elders are having at the moment (without revealing to much xD)

Edited by Robert, 04 October 2014 - 00:13.

#8 Reload

Reload

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 14:08

I'll have to go with Rogues being able to wasteland.

Here are some suggestions in order to keep things balanced, mostly a follow-up on what Matty said.

1. Start by giving every item a 'value'. All the equipments equipped by the player will have a value and sum them all together, they have a 'total value'. Crystals equipped also have a 'value'. Every gang is only able to hire so much of a 'value'. Whether they decide to pay the individual or not is up to them but as soon as they will be added to the whitelist, their 'value' cost will get filled up by however much the player they hired is worth.

2. The total value a gang can hire is summed up by their performance at the previous

#9 Reload

Reload

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 14:20

I'll have to go with the Rogue in WL suggestion. Here are a bit of suggestions, follow-up on Matty's worries.

1. Each player will be assigned a value based on their equipped equipments, including crystals. Every gang may only employ a maximum of x value. As soon as they whitelist the player, their cost will be filled up by however much that player is worth. If the player decides to change equipments and get something better and the value is overfilled a) gang point will then be sucked at the rate of x per x or B) the player is automatically kicked out of the whitelist and won't be able to enter the WL for x amount of time. Or both.

2. The maximum cost a gang will be allowed to employ will be decided based on their WL performance last round. The weaker they are, the more they will be allowed to employ. Of course, players will not be forced to work with any gang, if they get no one to help them, then it's none of the game's problems. The cost can be decided either based on a) points amassed during the whole round or B) the position the gang finished in (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th).

If I had to choose a second suggestion, I would go for the Raid Battles with Arena combined, I'm all for PvE activities. I sure hope those won't be gang based at all and you will be free to team up with your friends. :)

#10 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 14:41

Don't forget about us screen touchers ;)

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 14:47

I find myself playing around the hospital hours so it is limiting my gaming availability.. But I would assume hospital hours help form planned attacks on the wasteland. Seems like it could be used strategically to gain the advantage when well stocked on revives and health potions. Its slower to come back from death when the hospital is closed..

Maybe the hospital stays open 24 hours for players from level 1-20+?

#12 Nemesis

Nemesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 16:41

I like all of the ideas except for hospital opening. Maybe only for lvl 1-20 players only as stated. I think the hospital closing adds some extra strategy and thinking ahead for the game.

But as for priorities, here is what I would like to see prioritized:

After that, I think the arena/raid system sounds pretty cool.

Rogue WL sounds interesting, but I don't think it should be a priority.

#13 Nastasha

Nastasha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 18:50

So many great things going on here, it will be hard for me to add input... Can I check the "all of the above" box?!

I suppose I will list my input in order of what I feel are priorities/most desired:

1.) Rogue Viability

Very intreaguing! This could put a great spin to the game, makes the Rogues far more viable, and does add another depth of play. Right now there is very little if any interaction with rogues, and I do feel this will make that player-base more functional and included in game activity. Might even be a viable way to build up a savings when needed, to "go rogue" for a time and market as a merc to build up a cash-cow then go back to whatever gang the allegance is to. Adds a layer of complexity I feel we are missing. Love the idea!

2.) Hospital Revamp (Original Post)

I can see how this would be a simple alteration, and I tend to agree that having it open 24/7 for lowbies up to level 20 would be ideal. Closing it does effect prices on the market slightly which I personally like and sometimes capatalize on, so I wouldn't like to see it go away completely. I have not been AV yet so I don't fully understand how the sanctuary works. I still feel this would be helpful for player retention. Big thumbs-up!

3.) Inventory Revamp (Original Post)

Yes please! This would benifit every single player, and I doubt anyone would complain. Even if you made this feature something (inexpensive) that would have to be purchased on the plat market as an enhancement I would be very excited to do so.

4.) Crystal Levelling (Original Post)

As a lowbie crystals are still a bit of an enigma to me, so I don't have a ton of input on this. As a semi-related suggestion it might also be interesting to have crystals be the foundation for crafting things like meds and buff potions. Such as soaking some damage for a time, or incrasing dodge for a time, XP boosts, quicker territory gain in WL etc. Might make non-avs joining in the purchasing and usage of Crystals more attractive. Right now the Crystal topic is something, as a lowbie I just ignore and figure I will worry about it once I get to AV. Having a crafting system is likely to make us lowbies pay attention to the crystals more and actually utilize them.

5.) Raid System (Original Post)

I would like to know how this can ofset or effect xp gain. Would there be a cost associated, and how might groups join?

6.) Warfare Enhancements (Original Post)

Still not entirely certian what building ideas you have in mind, but might be a good way to shake up WL a bit.

7.) Warfare Shop Items (Original Post)

Not sure how this could be a priority, but I can see "fixing" this as desirable.

8.) Arena System (Original Post)

I tend to agree, I like the Raid System idea better.

Less esthetics, more fixes!

#WeThePeople!

www.bit.ly/WTP-Roadmap

#14 Rod

Rod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 23:10

I'll break it down into what I think we should and shouldn't do, vaguely.

Roadmap pick:

Raid System (Original Post)

I think this has a lot of potential, and if done right, a lot of players could get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Of all of the items posted, I think this is of the few that is large enough for you to build a roadmap around.

Should do:

I think tons of players have WFPs sitting around doing not a whole lot for them, so it'd be nice to have a good use for them.

Please please please! :D I don't think this is a big enough thing to be a 'roadmap' though.

Hospital Revamp (Original Post)

I don't think having the hospital close adds enjoyment to the game. I'd be happy to see it go away.

Shouldn't do:

Rogue Viability

I actually like the idea in general, I just think that it's probably going to be a fair bit of work and I don't think that all that many people will get a lot out of it. So, neat idea, but probably not the highest ROI of all the roadmap ideas.

I don't think I actually understand the idea well enough to comment on it.

#15 Aldo

Aldo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:26

Raids, but not in the way you described it. In the way rollin (and if you look for my post as an expansion of it, which included incorporating the Arena system) had described it (online, in an arena/small map kind of thing), that's the way it could work with Legacy. The offline thing wouldn't work as well.

The Rogues thing is also a really nice idea, but I feel the Raids System (in the original form of it as suggested, not what's written in the OP) is more open to all players (including raids specifically for newbies) as opposed to having the Rogues WL system which is purely for Rogues.

#16 Anialator

Anialator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge
  • Lao People's Democratic Republic

Posted 04 October 2014 - 15:38

As Aldo said, I imagine a Raid System working similarly to the sentries in the Wasteland, but with a larger arsenal of abilities in which to make the fights tougher. Along with damaging and focus sapping, you could have NPC's that stun you stopping you attacking for a few seconds, or one that temporarily stops you using abilities. Then you can clear and capture the square before moving on (to like 10% maybe, should be fast paced.) If you manage to survive to the end you get a little prize, and the next Raid you're involved in gets tougher. You could gain a rank of difficulty for each raid, and get the total of all players involved to decide the overall number and strength of NPC's. :D 

2zges12.jpg

Anialator - (War Master of The Chapter - Legacy Online)

#17 lanman

lanman

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 19:23

Not much for new players aside from the hospital closure.  Imo new players are the lifeblood of any game and Legacy is no exception. new players bring new ideas, new conversations, new politics,etc. Still - it is what it is!!

Raid system seems to be the most exciting in terms of something new - everything else is just an embellishment.

#18 Aaron

Aaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:38

Priority pick: Warfare shop items

For (in order):

Warfare shop Items: ALL THE YES. Rewards activity. All positive.

Warfare enhancements: Sure, just need to discuss more in depth as to mechanics. As for map extras I'd suggest an underground section with tunnel entrances and a secondary entrance from your HQ's "overworld" - it'd work the same as beacons.

Inventory revamp: We need this. If you want a simple solution just double the space we currently have for the time being and people will love it. But yeah, stacking is needed...

Hospital revamp: Just make it so you can't buy the items during those hours. Still encourages market use that way, still addresses the "I can't heal" issues

Crystal leveling: This is closer to what the current system was meant to be. Just change current system so crystals are freely swappable, give flat bonuses, and we're golden. It's all about flexibility!

Issues:

Arena/Raid system: Promotes inflexible builds, a metagame. None of this if you die reset BS otherwise it's all 400hp+ rift wielding avs doing everything. Drop it for now but keep it as an idea until it can be refined further to address this.

Rogue Viability: Pay to win. Will make the largest gang at the time, even larger in influence as they have access to more funds. Further exacerbates the bandwagon effect. No thank you.

Also, I feel it rewards the antisocial (those who refuse to gang), and rewarding those people tends to have a very negative impact on the community. It enables them.

Picture it, you get someone booted from your gang, they stay rogue and get access from the other 3 gangs. From then on in, whenever you're in WL specifically, they can come hunting for you. I'd rather our rank 15s didn't have to deal with this extra level of bitterness.

#19 TheInsaneGreek

TheInsaneGreek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:42

Honestly, as a returning oldie (I guess I can call myself that), I love the raid system idea. Gives something more to do, as well as the idea to counteract any and all vent drops (as I feel like a new av again).

I do think that we need to generate new players though, and the hospital would be a good way for that to happen. I like Aarons idea about the healing items not being sold during certian hours, but maybe we can make it a "You can't use the hospital for X minutes" based on level type of thing? Maybe two times a day, like it is right now? Give the "doctors" a chance to get some shut eye for an excuse? (i'm stretching there, I know). Even just reducing the hours closed would be a big enough revamp to make thing interesting.

that's my two cents :)

#20 Mugen

Mugen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 October 2014 - 16:32

For the raid idea, if your character is being used while offline does this mean it would gain weapon/armor/exp in general if the battle is won against whom ever is fought?

Only other thought would be on the inventory revamp I guess, but it'd mainly be geared torwards storage and being able to select more than one item at a time like a drop down menu numbers between 1 and 20 depending on the players inventory size

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: