34 replies to this topic

#21 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 21:57

That's bull, too.  I'm not here to make the rich richer.  I want to do for myself.  I don't have lots of disposable income, I am a retired person.  Many players are underage, and have parents that will just say no.  Put them in quests, or make 'em  realm LE's and  liven up that part of the game, but PLEASE, PLEASE,  PLEASE, if we get something like this, don't put it in the caves.  

What point is there of having the caves then? You want nothing to do with them so that means that nothing should progress with them? And you can do for yourself by going and searching through the caves, yourself. I just offered the option that if you were NEVER going to do the caves, then there are alternatives of getting those items.

#22 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 November 2014 - 22:13

NOT arguing this issue any further.  You won't change my mind, I won't change yours.. We, sir, are at an impasse.  No matter.  It will probably be hundreds of levels above me anyway, so I will never need it anyway.  Have it your way (if the cows so deem it)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#23 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2014 - 22:29

NOT arguing this issue any further.  You won't change my mind, I won't change yours.. We, sir, are at an impasse.  No matter.  It will probably be hundreds of levels above me anyway, so I will never need it anyway.  Have it your way (if the cows so deem it)

NO...we want it to be multiple Level.....200...500.....900...1200....etc...  :)  something like that......   so most levels can enjoy......stats accordingly....

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#24 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 22:38

And it will be like epics, the only way  I will have mine is hunt it myself.  The dots I buy every month cover my regular game play, and I subsidize them with shards.  Gold, as everybody knows, I mostly steal.  If this goes to the caves, I know it will be out of my reach.  And it will be out of the reach of others.  And it's such a good idea... I can see me now, stalking a particular dev that I love so with my little bow and arrows.. can't you?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#25 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 14 November 2014 - 13:20

I never have luck in Caves.....uggggg   :wacko:

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#26 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 16:39

I have an idea in regards to the whole arrow/durability thing.

You could be able to find/obtain these bows from various quests etc. They don't need to have a 'durability' but they could require 'arrows' that you must keep in your backpack (just an idea). The arrows could be looted from certain creatures (just one or two at a time) or they could be found in chests (arrow packs of maybe 500-1000) and each time you use your bow and arrow in combat you lose one of the arrows.

Which leads on to a new buff idea for level 1800/2000 which could be a small chance per point to not use up an arrow when using a bow and arrow in combat.

Just something that could be looked at :)

#27 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 19:02

You could be able to find/obtain these bows from various quests etc. They don't need to have a 'durability' but they could require 'arrows' that you must keep in your backpack (just an idea). The arrows could be looted from certain creatures (just one or two at a time) or they could be found in chests (arrow packs of maybe 500-1000) and each time you use your bow and arrow in combat you lose one of the arrows.

Which leads on to a new buff idea for level 1800/2000 which could be a small chance per point to not use up an arrow when using a bow and arrow in combat.

Very Cool Idea :)

#28 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 00:02

I think that's a cool idea, too, Johnagod

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#29 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 21:53

acxer8c.jpg

#30 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 November 2014 - 22:28

No caves... many of us have no desire whatsoever to be wasting hard earned gold in the caves (they are possessed by demons, anyway).  I like the idea of a "global quest"  where you have to earn your set (pursuant to one's level)

Hard earned gold = hard earned new items. Or are we going to go with the easy route in this game from here on out? A challenge is what the game needs and this would be perfect for that.

With the greatest respect, putting items into the scavenging caves is NOT a challenge. The caves are pure pot luck with (from my experience at least) the drop rate increasing as you spend more and more gold. I.E. the first few million will get you little to nothing, the next few million a few more and the more you spend above that, the more the drops seem to appear. That COULD just be me, but, regardless, putting items is the cave is not challenging.

Make this item (IF it's to appear) a challenge via ..

1. Perhaps having to do a quest in non-guild tagged gear

or

2. Create a quest with "either/or" stages (been asked for MANY MANY TIMES where you can "steer" the outcome to a point and decide what stat distribution the resulting reward has

or

3. Make it a scalable guild quest - all active members have to do a certain task and, on completion, all participants get the reward

There's plenty of other options to make it a challenge - but the caves is NOT one of 'em IMO.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#31 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 23:17

With the greatest respect, putting items into the scavenging caves is NOT a challenge. The caves are pure pot luck with (from my experience at least) the drop rate increasing as you spend more and more gold. I.E. the first few million will get you little to nothing, the next few million a few more and the more you spend above that, the more the drops seem to appear. That COULD just be me, but, regardless, putting items is the cave is not challenging.

Make this item (IF it's to appear) a challenge via ..

1. Perhaps having to do a quest in non-guild tagged gear

or

2. Create a quest with "either/or" stages (been asked for MANY MANY TIMES where you can "steer" the outcome to a point and decide what stat distribution the resulting reward has

or

3. Make it a scalable guild quest - all active members have to do a certain task and, on completion, all participants get the reward

There's plenty of other options to make it a challenge - but the caves is NOT one of 'em IMO.

Quests, quests, quests.... questing is fun, challenging and rewarding.  And something EVERYBODY can participate in... 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#32 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 15:45

bump

#33 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:18

Or buy them from a shop gold sink  ;) 

#34 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:51

I still want to hunt somebody special with a bow and arrow.... Can we has, Hoof?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#35 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 December 2014 - 22:14

LOL was nto sure were to put this and did nto want to start a new thread, SO was thinking HCS team maybe its times to make those usless FF gear wirth wild by adding them to recipes or some thing? kinda sad you cant even sell a FF item for 1 fsp ....

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: