#41 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2014 - 17:41

Find Player is not working correctly.  1)  Only gives me a +/- 5 levels when my range is actually +/- 10 levels.  5 levels is for lower ranges.  2) and this is preference - I usually search larger than my actual range and as luis pointed out it only works on VL, not AL, so making the auto range an option rather than always on would be much preferred.  Thanks.

You can still manually search, same as before. Showing players in your range by default is there so new players can see who is around them immediately.

#42 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 17:42

If you have more than 10 Level Up points to allocate, it appears again. This is to be simpler for newer players.

So, if I gain 50 LU points I have to click through this 5 times adding 10 points at a time???

#43 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2014 - 17:44

can you please add to "find player" page gold on hand too because of pvp

We'll look at it.

No. We all get to start all over in regards to the kill # on profiles which I think is bogus considering the amount of work players have put into SE killing!

You keep your medals. You've not lost anything. For this new Top Rated, everyone is on level footing.

So, if I gain 50 LU points I have to click through this 5 times adding 10 points at a time???

No, the box will appear allowing you to input as many points in that stat as you'd like.

#44 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 17:45

Ah! kk! Thanks BG! I misunderstood what you were saying!   :)

#45 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2014 - 17:45

No worries. :)

#46 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 17:46

Nice job on this update btw! Keep up the good work! 

#47 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 17:47

If you have more than 10 Level Up points to allocate, it appears again. This is to be simpler for newer players.

New players can easily make a mistake in allocating points because all of those buttons immediately update their stats on the server. It would be better if there's just a single button that will do the update after assigning the attribute points on the client side.

I don't see any reason why it would be difficult to implement the following:

fozkf9.jpg

Edited by Maj, 13 November 2014 - 23:29.

#48 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:02

We could certainly look at defaulting the attributes / level up page to the version with the boxes to higher level players :) currently it only shows if you have more than 10 points to spend.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#49 Turby001

Turby001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:03

Showing gold in find player results - may as well go the whole hog and sort the list by gold held. PVP'ers paradise!

Any way to opt out of this new feature ?

Edited by Turby001, 13 November 2014 - 18:03.

#50 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:07

Finder Player auto level search needs to work off VL and take into account of the extended attack range after level 200.. right now it's a pointless fetch of data for those below 5 levels of their VL.. 

#51 thefool37

thefool37

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:08

In regards to the Find Player function, I agree that if it auto fills it should be based on Virtual Level and within appropriate PvP level ranges (+/- 10 in my range). Also with the auto fill as currently setup if I attempt to find a player by name I have to manually clear out the level range or I don't find the player I'm searching for.

#52 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:09

Awesome improvement!

Thanks.

• The skills page has been improved as well as all mouse-overs for skills throughout the game to give more detailed information on what the skill actually does at the current skill level.

#53 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:10

SE kills top list is great and all, but could you remove SE killed from profile? I don't really see the point with that this late, it is only giving a wrong picture as "this player has killed 0 SE's" is incorrect on many profiles.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 13 November 2014 - 18:17.

#54 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:12

a button to erase all the automatic search data would be a good way to fix it.. that plus having a preference to turn it off would be a great addition

#55 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:18

In general I am glad about this upgrade but there are a couple of misses: now we are back to having to press the button for each attribute point again. This is terrible for those of us with high max stam. I have just checked, and I have allocated close to 4500 points. This of all the number of clicks that would require!

The number of se-kills on my page breaks my profile page and it doesn't look nice.

Also, I don't need to be reminded all the time that there is a menu if I right click and that I can select multiple items with control-clicks. This messes up my profile page. I really hate those control-clicks anyway and would much rather have the option to move things with  the manage backpack that the helper made possible before. The ability to select all of a kind and move them in one move is sorely missed.

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

#56 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:20

Showing gold in find player results - may as well go the whole hog and sort the list by gold held. PVP'ers paradise!

Any way to opt out of this new feature ?

Those of us that use FSH already have this available.  It is an invaluable PvP tool.  If you don't want us to find and target you, I'm sure you know by now what kinds of precautions to take... If you haven't learned to secure your gold by now, then, imo, you deserve to be robbed.  Even the big guy is not immune to gold theft... just ask him what I do when he forgets to secure his gold.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#57 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:22

This update is a great start to improving the FallenSword gaming experience. Thanks for the updates!

#58 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:25

I agree that things should be easy for new players but this is really annoying. I had two level up points and no box appeared. I had to press twice. This is ok when we are talking about levels gained while waiting to build up stam but it is horrible when you have been on an epic hunt. If this is a problem for new players then I suggest you make something to make them understand. This is the worst possible interface imaginable. We had this before and we asked you to fix it then. Now you are changing it back?

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

#59 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:29

You can still manually search, same as before. Showing players in your range by default is there so new players can see who is around them immediately.

So basically, it wasn't put in place correctly the first time and you have no plans to fix it so tough luck?  The auto level ranges for upper levels are wrong.  Period, so not really helpful.  Furthermore, now I have to clear out the range boxes before I can enter the desired ranges.  That's not an improvement, that's going backwards by adding extra steps to do the same thing.  Making the auto fill an option, and on by default, is the best way to go but the level ranges for upper level players still needs to be adjusted.

Screenshot everything!

#60 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 November 2014 - 18:31

So basically, it wasn't put in place correctly the first time and you have no plans to fix it so tough luck?  The auto level ranges for upper levels are wrong.  Period, so not really helpful.  Furthermore, now I have to clear out the range boxes before I can enter the desired ranges.  That's not an improvement, that's going backwards by adding extra steps to do the same thing.  Making the auto fill an option, and on by default, is the best way to go but the level ranges for upper level players still needs to be adjusted.

AND it needs to go by VL, not AL... my numbers do not always match... as a matter of fact, they rarely do.... 

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: