• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

#121 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:49

For a dedicated SE player, that would be a good reason to quit this game.

Me think just a touch of hyperbole

Edited by justinian9, 14 November 2014 - 10:52.

#122 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:51

Me think just a touch of hyperbole

That you are...

Is it too much to ask to have it removed from my profile? I don't want to have any part in it.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 14 November 2014 - 11:56.

#123 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:52

Also with the auto fill as currently setup if I attempt to find a player by name I have to manually clear out the level range or I don't find the player I'm searching for.

Ah, good catch. 

I'm really angry that the cows have are effectively erasing the history of SE hunting, and are not acknowleding past top hunters.

Yes we are. You still have your medals. But for a NEW top list, we think it is fair to all to start on an even footing. We'll look into the possibilities though no promises.

I think there should be an individual titan kill list.

As Titan Hunting is a Guild activity, we will stick with a Guild Top List, sorry.

#124 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:03

I try not to be negative about to many things. but more helpful and offer solutions. 

Im not bothered about all the stat resets as long as i dont have to see it on my profile. I miss where the current stam used to be and it feels weird. Please make a preference to remove the SE kill log from my profile.

I can understand where most people are upset with the reset but if HCS could have done it i guess they would. Yes there are a medal on each profile so ( I have silver Titan medal so i can safely say i have 10000+ titan kills) but you cant expect HCS to flick threw each profile and update the log, 

As for inactives on the leaderboards, i think they have a right to be there. Such as AmanJaku, when i see there profile i think how they must have been quite the beast back in the day before there inactivity. They have put effort into there rankings and should stick there. Just cause there are stupidly high has no reason to remove them. 

#125 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:07

I still think that you need to fix the level up page. If someone cannot handle a page where you put in numbers then they need to learn or they are just too stupid to play this game anyway. My finger is already aching at the thougth of the number of clicks it has to do after the xmas double event.

If you have time on your hand you should also look at the composing pages that are horribly made. There is no way you can call that a first version. At best it is an alpha try.

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

Edited by Zennaro, 14 November 2014 - 12:09.

#126 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:08

As for inactives on the leaderboards, i think they have a right to be there.

I get that but my personal opinion would be to stop them displaying. If they become active again, then they would be reinstated. Dunno how hard that'd be to code but that's how I'd like it in an ideal world.

If someone cannot handle a page where you put in numbers then they need to learn or they are just too stupid to play this game anyway.

There is absolutely no call for that, thank you.

Please read the thread. We have stated that if there is more than 10 points, the number boxes reappear.

#127 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:12

When you have a high stam it squeezes the first column of the character stats. I would like to propose that you add something else in there as well so that stam can have a line of its own.

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

Edited by Zennaro, 14 November 2014 - 12:13.

#128 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:14

I do have a text box available on my Level Up page.  Apparently because I have more than 10 points to assign but concern about assigning large numbers of points one click at a time really isn't justified.  If you have a large amount available, you will get a text box for easy assignment.  Under 10 points is just as easy to click them one at a time or just leave at least 10 unassigned and text box the rest.

Screenshot everything!

#129 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:19

I would like to propose that you make a new interface for newbies. One that works for the first couple of weeks with a lot of help. Then make that help clickable so they can remove it and get the regular interface that we oldies have.

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

#130 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:20

So any input on if it can be possible to remove SE kill stat on profile page?

Or maybe the right persons needs to ask.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 14 November 2014 - 14:26.

#131 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:23

The concern over the level up points single "+" vs text input box is probably because many of us were glad to drop number of page loads when assigning level up points when it was changed the first time, and now it's been changed back to the old style of a page load for each point (unless you save them to 10, of course).

#132 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:27

I get that but my personal opinion would be to stop them displaying. If they become active again, then they would be reinstated. Dunno how hard that'd be to code but that's how I'd like it in an ideal world.

There is absolutely no call for that, thank you.

Please read the thread. We have stated that if there is more than 10 points, the number boxes reappear.

Are you also going to "fix" the spend fsp-page in the same way? Because it has the same system. I am not calling anybody stupid here per se, but you inho you are fixing a problem that does not exist. And if it exists, I think you are fixing it wrongly.

We needed the helper because it fixes small problems and when the development of it was discontinued you said that you would integrate it into the system. This is the kind of attitude that makes me wish someone would start making it again.

With regards to new players I really think the best solution is a scaled down version of the system. That they can choose to abandon at their own will.

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

#133 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:54

I Like the updates, I honestly do not think any Medal in the Game is reflective of skill but more of time spent doing the chosen action.

As a result I fail to see how HCS have dishonoured anyone you all have your medals still but for the new section everyone starts equal and that makes perfect sense.

Wait a minute here.... I know we have a handful of "no life medals"  I have 2 diamond ones and a ruby, as a matter of fact.  HOWEVER, the rest of my medals were obtained by my own blood, sweat, and tears.  Some may have breezed through via loopholes here and there, but I didn't, I earned every one of those pixels fair and square. Think I got my BH medal (for example) just by putting time in?  Bounty hunting takes a modicum of skill, especially if you specialize in the higher levels Many of you are the players I cleared off the bounty board, and are several hundred levels above me. My point is that SE hunters for the most part, ESPECIALLY the crystal + holders, have put in much more than time.  Many sweep for their own beasts.  A handful have taken time from their busy days to help me to earn my own SE medal... and yes, I earned it.  So, don't disparage the SE medal holder.  Obviously, it does take a little skill to attain...

Big guy, surely the data is somewhere that says how many each of us has killed... All we really want is to see that number correctly posted in our bios, so that they are consistent between current kills and our current medals.  The top list, well, I can understand it starting at 0.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#134 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 13:25

Its a lot more than just time put into the medals. Arena for example, most players can't even make one win. That is not time to blame. Same goes to other aspects. But its easy to blame on time if you cant achieve them yourself.

#135 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 13:45

wow..all the griping about se kills..when 5 days ago nobody cared at all about se's....yes the number on the profile should show the correct total that someone has killed, but is it that important ??   the top-rated lists just needs a disclaimer showing that the top-rated is from nov.13th 2014..same for titan kills..i have a lot of se kills and titan kills...but i am quite happy to see the top-rated list starting at zero...it has added new competittion to those 2 aspects of the game..players are once again hunting se's and buying se locs..great for the newer players ( and that is most important,,anything that helps newer players is very good for the game), and they can actually find thier way onto a top-rated list, making them even more encouraged to keep playing.. same with the titan kills, for new players starting new guilds..the things updated are reviving the game and making it better for new players..that is more important than some silly notation on someone's profile..

#136 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 14:59

wow..all the griping about se kills..when 5 days ago nobody cared at all about se's....yes the number on the profile should show the correct total that someone has killed, but is it that important ??   the top-rated lists just needs a disclaimer showing that the top-rated is from nov.13th 2014..same for titan kills..i have a lot of se kills and titan kills...but i am quite happy to see the top-rated list starting at zero...it has added new competittion to those 2 aspects of the game..players are once again hunting se's and buying se locs..great for the newer players ( and that is most important,,anything that helps newer players is very good for the game), and they can actually find thier way onto a top-rated list, making them even more encouraged to keep playing.. same with the titan kills, for new players starting new guilds..the things updated are reviving the game and making it better for new players..that is more important than some silly notation on someone's profile..

Leave the new top rated lists as of Nov. 13th 2014 but take down the SE kills on the profile. It's a fair compromise. Personally I think it's ridiculous to have to look at 0 kills every time you go to your profile(which is often) when you actually have 1000s of them. Those kills represent more then 100s, if not thousands of hours of work and dedication to this game. It's a travesty to have to see that misrepresentation.

Why can't the SE kills be retroactive again?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#137 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2014 - 15:07

New update thread and update going up now:

https://forums.hunte...36-update-v252/

~ Chief Technical Officer