#1 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:38

I know these have been talked about but not yet applied and I know theres people that feel that medals are the same thing as achievements but there really is a difference between a achievement & a medal as I'd describe a medal as an feat of strength which is above a achievement please note I don't wish to take anyones accomplishments away just correctly categorize them so medals are more valuable then achievements also note that some achievements stem into medals but should still be observed as achievements such as the completion of quests, although alot of achievements are tedious to those who have been here years I've added a bunch for new players so they can get a good feel for the UI and maybe invite players to explore other parts of the game that they normally wouldn't. 

Medals that are more achievements then medals:

Loyalty medal essentially it's the same thing as a Annual Service medal except it shows how many times you logged in on different occasions...which is not a feat...people can look at your join date and service medal, I feel thats good enough

Monthly Top 10 Medal
No longer a feat as most players quit the game within hours making it super easy to get this medal I myself am over 250 levels ahead on my top 10 list I am willing to sacrifice this medal as it no longer holds the value it once did but would like to see it as a achievement as it's a achievement I earned that way all can still see those who did earn it as a accomplishment

Treasure Hunter Medal

This is not a feat but more of a statistic accomplishment therefore I feel it deserves to be a achievement not a medal.

Global Quest Qualified Medal

Again more of a statistical achievement then a feat as just because you qualify for the reward doesn't mean you contributed above and beyond the call of duty making this achievement worthy

PVP Smasher Medal
Nothing special about 100 stamina attacking other PVP's so this makes it an achievement

Phoenix Medal
Removed altogether as it's more of a standard game reward then a achievement or feat

Fragementor Medal
Though it takes a good amount of time to do this it's more of a achievement then a feat

Artisan Medal
Though it takes a good amount of time to do this it's more of a achievement then a feat

Guild Treasurer Medal
More of a statistical achievement then a feat

Team Player Medal
More of a statistical achievement then a feat 

List of achievements:

Loyalty Achievement

Quest Achievements

View questbook for first time

Complete 25, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1200 quests [Earns adventurer medal as well]

Tedious Killing achievements

Kill X, X, X, X, X, X amount Normal, Champion, Super Elite, Legendary, Titans enemies
We then take it further as more achievements = more playing
Kill [Monster type] X amount of times

Monthly Top 10
Be on your top ten for 7, 30, 90, 180, 360, 720 days

Treasure Hunter Achievements
Open 5, 25, 100, 250, 500, 1000 chests

We then take it further as more achievements = more player
Open [Chest Type] X amount of times

Global Event Qualified Achievements

Qualify in 1, 5, 20, 50, 100, 200 global events

PVP Smasher Achievements

Be victorious in 100, 500, 2500, 5000, 10,000, 25,000  of PVP combats while using 100 stamina

Fragmenter Achievements
Break down 1k, 5k, 25k, 100k, 250k, 500k items

Artisan Achievements
Compose 100, 500, 1k, 2,500, 5k, 10k

Guild Treasurer Achievements
Use 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1k deposits for a guild

Team Player Achievements
Join 25, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 10k groups

Guild Bolster Achievements
Cast 100, 500, 2k, 5k, 10k, 50k buffs on guild members

Defender Of The Realm Achievements
Defend 5, 25, 100, 250, 500, 2k relics

Walking Achievements
Walk X, X, X, X, X, X, amount of steps [needs to be high]

Upload A Avatar Achievement

Simple achievements like this help users learn the UI and makes the game more appealing then a blue man avatar

Upgrade Achievements
Upgrade [Name Of Upgrade] X Amount of times

Write A Bio Achievement
Easy achievement for new players

Add A Ally to your list Achievement

Easy achievement

Buff Market Achievements
List A Buff ad
Purchase a buff 

Add A Enemy to your list Achievements

Easy achievement

Level Achievements
Get to level X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X 

Equipment Achievements
Equip 1 [Common, Rare, Legendary, Epic] item for the first time
Equip a weapon, shield, boots, armour, helmet etc
Equip a full suit of Legendarys
Equip a full suit of epics

Bounty Board Achievements
Accept a bounty
Complete X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X amount of bounties [Earns bounty medal as well]

Join A Guild Achievement

Easy Achievement

FSP market achievements
Purchase a FSP
Sell a FSP

Auction House Achievements
Purchase a item
Sell a item

Create a combat set achievement

Easy Achievement

Forge Achievements

Forge a item
Fully forge a item

Crafting Achievement

Craft a item perfect

Potion achievement
Consume your first potion

Secure Trade Achievement
Initiate a secure trade

Global Chat Achievement

Post in the global chat once

Pray at Temple Achievements
Pray at the temple X, X, X, X, X, X, X amount of times

Scavage Caves Achievements
Scavage the caves X, X, X, X, X, X, X amount of times

Bank Achievement
Bank X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X in personal bank

Inventing achievements
Invent a item
Invent X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X amount of items

Repair Achievement

Repair an item once

Area Achievements

Participate in 1st arena

Participate in X, X, X, X, X, X amount of arenas

Potion Bizaar Achievement
Purchase a potion from the Bazarr

Steal Gold Achievement

Steal a X amount accumulation of gold from players

Kill Streak Achievements
Achieve a kill streak of X, X, X, X, X, X amount [Should be high for those who exploit farming rats]

Complete beginning tutorial Achievement

By having a nice banner pop up for achievements [even on simple achievements like this] you make the game more inviting giving new players the sense of a good start

Naked Achievement
Defeat [Powerful Monster ] naked

By adding achievements you give people something to strive for other then the norm they also are popular with gamers anyone who has anymore feel free to add to the discussion if your opposed to achievements that's fine but there are a good majority that enjoy them Eldevin is evidence of this. 

Edited by Anonemesis, 15 November 2014 - 02:40.

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:52

Hmm... the top 10 list.  You speak of this being easy.  I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER see my top 10 list.  I doubt I will ever even make my top 250.  I have been here 7 years, and with the exception of my 2 diamond and 1 ruby "no life medal" I have put hours, days and weeks of blood sweat and tears into each one.  I know they are only tiny pixels, but they are still dear to me, as they validate my own personal awesomeness.  To reduce these things to mere achievements is wrong.... 

Your idea is interesting (I can't play Eldevin, it hates me) but it sounds like a pure nightmare to code (yeah, I don't know, just speculating), and as stated earlier, it makes certain feats of awesomeness just.. less.    And, tbh, this is Fallen Sword, not Eldevin.  Let's not muddle the 2?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 13:51

I like it how it is :) Nice idea but things aren't easily done. Like top 10 is easy....if you choose to level. I titan hunt and try other things. I think they should have achievements to experiment on all aspects. Like (Sorry Penny) Scavenge in the caves x1 and then x20 then attack player x1 then x 20... Basically all aspects. And then make a completed the achievements Medal :3 

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 14:13

CAVES!  PURE UNADULTERATED EVIL! *runs and hides*

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#5 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 16:50

i like this.  Some of the achievements seem kind of simple but it would give a new player a taste of things in the game.

#6 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 16:51

I don't want to see achievements added because we already have an achievement reward called medals.. Why not just add more medals than add another type of a non beneficial reward..

This thread just tears apart medals and their worthiness.. Which I don't agree with at all.. And I find it a little harsh when difficult medals are brought down to the level of 'achievement' as repairing one item

I would rather see more medal ideas instead of ideas for less medals and the introduction of another system..

Edited by RebornJedi, 15 November 2014 - 16:53.

#7 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 16:59

I don't want to see achievements added because we already have an achievement reward called medals.. Why not just add more medals than add another type of a non beneficial reward..

This thread just tears apart medals and their worthiness.. Which I don't agree with at all.. And I find it a little harsh when difficult medals are brought down to the level of 'achievement' as repairing one item

I would rather see more medal ideas instead of ideas for less medals and the introduction of another system..

I can not speak for Anonemesis intent but i viewed this as a continuation of training new players not as a degrade of medal system.

#8 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:37

Hmm... the top 10 list.  You speak of this being easy.  I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER see my top 10 list.  I doubt I will ever even make my top 250.  I have been here 7 years, and with the exception of my 2 diamond and 1 ruby "no life medal" I have put hours, days and weeks of blood sweat and tears into each one.  I know they are only tiny pixels, but they are still dear to me, as they validate my own personal awesomeness.  To reduce these things to mere achievements is wrong.... 

Your idea is interesting (I can't play Eldevin, it hates me) but it sounds like a pure nightmare to code (yeah, I don't know, just speculating), and as stated earlier, it makes certain feats of awesomeness just.. less.    And, tbh, this is Fallen Sword, not Eldevin.  Let's not muddle the 2?

Alright let me be more specific a majority of top 10 lists are achievable unless  you were part of a month where a bunch of people joined and ended up in a top guild as these are the majority of people who continue to play the game because they have the resources to level, obviously your going to have to work harder to stay afloat if your in one of these months but that just means you need to find more resources be it from offers, real money or your guild. Reducing the top 10 medal to a achievement makes no difference value wise as no one can see your top 10 lists so for all we know if you got the medal and your  #1 theres a good chance its because a majority of the people in the month you joined quit and since this is the case for a majority of players it makes no sense to flaunt a medal as it's a meager accomplishment.  I was using eldevin as a example it's way more populated then fallensword and its not just because of its great gameplay or it's appearance on steam it's because it has achievements and trading cards, yes theres people who play games just to play games but a majority of them play for the challenge and the sense of accomplishment.

Though I respect your opinion it's only that way because as I see it it was easier for the dev's to just throw a few medals out then to create a achievement system with a bunch of things to complete, a better way to look at my idea is if there were no medals to begin with and just the achievement system coming soon where as certain achievements would earn you the medals with the exception of the devalued ones that don't fit in the category of great, if anything this makes medals more valuable because something as simple as opening a chest? Logging in? staying in a guild?....that's like putting the Pinata stick as a epic weapon...though funny it's just not a epic weapon...as for bringing certain medals down to achievement level? I trust when people view your achievement log they can tell the difference in difficulty when comparing something like making top 10 and repairing a item...As mentioned before I don't want to take from people's accomplishments which is why nothing [other then the phoenix medal] I request to remove which again is more of a advert then a achievement nor is it medal worthy...I've seen your medals reborn and you've achieved some great feats but in between them is just a bunch of icons in my opinion , and I totally agree there should be more medals added especially to replace the old ones that aren't worthy of being called medals which is why this is a open discussion I'd love for the brilliant minds to come up with I'd even love to see rewards for gaining achievements/medals even if it's as small as 1k gold everyone likes to get stuff for their accomplishments

I can not speak for Anonemesis intent but i viewed this as a continuation of training new players not as a degrade of medal system.

Indeed everyone learns differently some people are happy with a gold star sticker...some are happy with just knowing they can do it...for me achievements drive me it's just finding out what makes you tick

Again I'm open to criticism I get it alot when I'm campaigning on steam games that don't have achievements as they should be a industry standard by now and it's getting there a game will get more sales with achievements then without even if it's garbage because anyone can just play a game it takes a little more effort to shoot for the stars and earn...take HCS's new HELL game...they didn't add achievements or trading cards...the gameplays good but alot of people won't take a glance at it because of this factor though the price tag makes a contributing factor [bit steep] knowing how today's gaming market works, what people want is key that's why you have these features on major consoles and pc platforms Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Origin, Steam because people thrive on COMPETITION and self admiration...disclaimer: not everyone...but a good amount but enough rambling I'd like to hear more opinions the problem I'm seeing is too many people thinking about themselves and not the game itself it's always whats best for "Me"...but as I've said before what's it matter if you make it to level 100,000 if only 100 people are playing?...we should be adding not subtracting the old method is no longer working, the game is dying things need to change it cannot be about what's good for the few but whats good for the majority 

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 16:46

Obviously, dear, you have not looked at my FS birthday, or at my guild, or at the fact that I do invest real world money into this game.  I have all the bells and whistles I can afford.  I am in one of the oldest and most respected top guilds in the game.  I have been here since June of 2007.  Hades is at the top of my month, and he has been there for several years.  Yeah, a lot of inactives on my top 250, but the lowest level is 60 levels above me.  Still think I'm not applying myself?  Not hardly.  I have spent years developing an awesome PvP character, as levels never meant much to me.  I am not bemoaning not being on those lists... I am proud of my prowess in the parts of the game that I actively play.   You say you want to foster growth of the game.  I know that the veterans are dropping like flies, but many of us are still here, hanging on, and doing whatever we can to get and keep new players as well as keep our old friends around.  A better mentoring system, such as the one on Legacy, would by far do more to help expand the player base than more pixels ever will

#end rant

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#10 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2014 - 20:27

I agree with you a bunch RebornJedi. I will state, if this game goes to the style of other game forms, as previous mentioned like xbox and such I would hang my hat up and retire from fs.  I figured if that is the style of game I wanted to play I would be there. The reason why I play fs, I like the community and the game structure. The game variety and yeah medals is nice to see. The lists in some areas are very difficult because of EOC in some game areas are limited.  Most games like Xbox and such lose players as well because they go stale. Great graphics but boring story lines or same old same old structure. Most of those style of games have updates every year and what do you find graphic improvements, not story lines much, just a part two continuation.  FS itself has many styles of creatures, events and other things that can be done as group or single player.   

Okay enough rant back to topic medals and achievements.  The staff will figure out with all of our help how to make more medals and more top lists on achievements. Perhaps the guild that has the most medals or achievement of medals. If not guild or random areas the leaders on top can be updated every 24hrs, so the changes of lists of medal achievements can be noticed as active.  

#11 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2014 - 00:46

Obviously, dear, you have not looked at my FS birthday, or at my guild, or at the fact that I do invest real world money into this game.  I have all the bells and whistles I can afford.  I am in one of the oldest and most respected top guilds in the game.  I have been here since June of 2007.  Hades is at the top of my month, and he has been there for several years.  Yeah, a lot of inactives on my top 250, but the lowest level is 60 levels above me.  Still think I'm not applying myself?  Not hardly.  I have spent years developing an awesome PvP character, as levels never meant much to me.  I am not bemoaning not being on those lists... I am proud of my prowess in the parts of the game that I actively play.   You say you want to foster growth of the game.  I know that the veterans are dropping like flies, but many of us are still here, hanging on, and doing whatever we can to get and keep new players as well as keep our old friends around.  A better mentoring system, such as the one on Legacy, would by far do more to help expand the player base than more pixels ever will

#end rant

You didn't focus on leveling, therefore you sacrificed your top 10 medal for other medals which was the topic at hand, the mentoring system is garbage the game needs streamlined plain and simple new players don't need babysitters they need the opportunity to thrive and not be forced into a guild in order to level and I'm not concerned about the current individuals here as achievements effect them in no way if you quit a game over the fact you got one medal removed and a few others turned into achievements then you've gotta bigger problem at hand

I agree with you a bunch RebornJedi. I will state, if this game goes to the style of other game forms, as previous mentioned like xbox and such I would hang my hat up and retire from fs.  I figured if that is the style of game I wanted to play I would be there. The reason why I play fs, I like the community and the game structure. The game variety and yeah medals is nice to see. The lists in some areas are very difficult because of EOC in some game areas are limited.  Most games like Xbox and such lose players as well because they go stale. Great graphics but boring story lines or same old same old structure. Most of those style of games have updates every year and what do you find graphic improvements, not story lines much, just a part two continuation.  FS itself has many styles of creatures, events and other things that can be done as group or single player.   

Okay enough rant back to topic medals and achievements.  The staff will figure out with all of our help how to make more medals and more top lists on achievements. Perhaps the guild that has the most medals or achievement of medals. If not guild or random areas the leaders on top can be updated every 24hrs, so the changes of lists of medal achievements can be noticed as active.  

That's the type of selfish ignorance I speak of...no matter what platform theres always going to be people complaining about achievements being implemented despite the fact they don't effect the individual in anyway, theres more people in the gaming community interested in achievements and lets not start with the empty threats your not going to quit over something so trivial, medals are stale and are worthless at their current state and several have no place being medals

Edited by Anonemesis, 20 November 2014 - 00:53.

#12 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 00:57

medals are stale and are worthless at their current state and several have no place being medals

I'm going to have to disagree with that, there are some medals that only a few have achieved diamond. For example, the Arena Master Medal, SE Hunter Medal, PvP Dominance, Bounty Hunter Master, Smasher Medal, etc. are the few and some others that many have not reached diamond. 

#13 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:00

You didn't focus on leveling, therefore you sacrificed your top 10 medal for other medals

That's the type of selfish ignorance I speak of...no matter what platform theres always going to be people complaining about achievements being implemented despite the fact they don't effect the individual in anyway, theres more people in the gaming community interested in achievements and lets not start with the empty threats your not going to quit over something so trivial, medals are stale and are worthless at their current state and several have no place being medals

Sorry you missed the point. I stated and will state again. I am saying graphics does not make the game. I support medals though it is fine line on achievements on what you do with them.  It is not an empty threat just a perspective on some aspects. I will state you have an opinion and I have one too. At the end of the day the developers will take what they think will work.  I really like this game take a look at how long I have been playing. I have quit a lot of games when games  developers stopped caring and players too.   I only play this game and care a lot about it. To say I am selfish or ignorant is not a reasonable response. I suppose it would be reasonable response if I just started the game maybe.   :rolleyes:

Sorry triple post hope this corrected. 

Edited by bigchaos, 20 November 2014 - 01:04.

#14 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:41

I would like to see some Achievements, mostly to encourage new players, but leave medals as they are now.

For me, the main diference from Medals to Acihevements is the value, Medals you should be able to avhieve Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc...But Achievements should be one time thing, with very small rewards, something like:

- Kill X Elites: 1xCSV 300 pot.
- Kill X Legendaries: 1xFI1250+FL250 pot.
- Reach lvl 250: 1xAL350 pot.
- Reach lvl 500: 1xAL400+CSV250 pot.
- Reach lvl 1000: 1xAL400+CSV250+AM300 pot.
- (More of that level up kind)
- Kill X creatures from Global Events: +50 Max Stamina.
- Kill X Champions: AM300 pot.
- Reach X Kill Streak: SSI500 pot.
- Kill X Normal creatures: DBL1200 pot.

And few more small achievements without game breaking prizes would be nice to have.

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:07

I would like to see some Achievements, mostly to encourage new players, but leave medals as they are now.

For me, the main diference from Medals to Acihevements is the value, Medals you should be able to avhieve Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc...But Achievements should be one time thing, with very small rewards, something like:

And few more small achievements without game breaking prizes would be nice to have.

So, in essence, achievements (and I use the term very loosely there) are nothing more than "kill X of Y" quests with a reward.

Doesn't sound like an "achievement" to me ...

To me, medals are the achievement. OK, some are easier to get than others, but that's true in reality too - it's easier to get a long-service award in the army for instance than getting a Victoria Cross / Purple Heart / Whatever

The reward of getting the medal is the pixels on your bio - IMO, NOTHING more is needed ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#16 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:41

So, in essence, achievements (and I use the term very loosely there) are nothing more than "kill X of Y" quests with a reward.

To me, medals are the achievement. OK, some are easier to get than others, but that's true in reality too - it's easier to get a long-service award in the army for instance than getting a Victoria Cross / Purple Heart / Whatever

The reward of getting the medal is the pixels on your bio - IMO, NOTHING more is needed ..

Not really, those are just examples, we can work with more ideas and ways to prize those who persist chacing those Achievements, and a way to have New Players receiving some prizes.

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:47

Anonemesis, I didn't sacrifice anything.  I played the whole game.  Maybe my focus was PvP, but I do level almost regularly, it's just work to me, so I don't do it as much as I should.  I was also gone a total of 2 and a half years, and my levels grew by XP gain (<3 my XP gain, everybody should have it)  My point is that adding achievements isn't going to fix the rapid decline in population.  New blood and the changes that are already being planned are the way to go.  I'll tell you right now, I've been through our tutorial, and new players are dumped into the Mountain Path with no clue what to do next.  They're not told to repair, or about commerce or anything.  Maybe 1 in 100 makes it to Global Chat, where we vets that hang around help as we can.  That's called mentoring, dear, and it works. Players that are helped stick around more often than those that get lost and give up.   I don't consider this a hand out.  I consider it paying it forward in deference of those that mentored me when I was wet behind the ears.  And yeah, I know that I and my peers helped pioneer this game, but I had help along the way, just the same, and I couldn't have been 10% of the player I am today without them.   

Edited by BadPenny, 20 November 2014 - 04:48.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#18 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:10

I'm going to have to disagree with that, there are some medals that only a few have achieved diamond. For example, the Arena Master Medal, SE Hunter Medal, PvP Dominance, Bounty Hunter Master, Smasher Medal, etc. are the few and some others that many have not reached diamond. 

Sorry I always assume people understand what I mean but I guess I really need to stick to being specific [The medals I listed are stale and worthless not the one's I didn't] 

That's stale and boring.

Except theres no need to have such pixels on your profile when their devalued. 

Anonemesis, I didn't sacrifice anything.  I played the whole game.  Maybe my focus was PvP, but I do level almost regularly, it's just work to me, so I don't do it as much as I should.  I was also gone a total of 2 and a half years, and my levels grew by XP gain (<3 my XP gain, everybody should have it)  My point is that adding achievements isn't going to fix the rapid decline in population.  New blood and the changes that are already being planned are the way to go.  I'll tell you right now, I've been through our tutorial, and new players are dumped into the Mountain Path with no clue what to do next.  They're not told to repair, or about commerce or anything.  Maybe 1 in 100 makes it to Global Chat, where we vets that hang around help as we can.  That's called mentoring, dear, and it works. Players that are helped stick around more often than those that get lost and give up.   I don't consider this a hand out.  I consider it paying it forward in deference of those that mentored me when I was wet behind the ears.  And yeah, I know that I and my peers helped pioneer this game, but I had help along the way, just the same, and I couldn't have been 10% of the player I am today without them.   

Your response to me was that it's no easy to make it top 10, my response was yes it is if you would have went the leveling route but you didn't so why you felt the need to say it wasn't when you know you didn't put in as much effort as those on your top 10 is questionable

-

That's more of a theory then what is actually true obviously the tutorial needs to be more streamlined and clear that's a given but when you put people into a game that has little opportunity for players to thrive you need to give them a sense of accomplishment make them feel their progressing and getting their hands held by the vets of this game is not the solution the game should be playable without the help of others it should be simple enough to learn the basics and clearly explained which is what's missing. 

and your a female [yes I'll pull the gender card] you will receive more help in a game dominated by males because what's hotter then a female that plays video games I'm sure you've gotten alot of handouts that most players will never get

bottom line achievements are a popular feature no matter what platform your on and fixing the lame PVP and composing feature is not going to help worry about that crap when you actually have enough people to cater too will achievements fix the decline? probably not but it will certainly give incentive which is what the games missing

Edited by Anonemesis, 21 November 2014 - 05:19.

#19 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:34

My "achievements" are marked by the medals I have earned in game over time. For me the medals are enough. 

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:04

I don't even know why I'm wasting my breath here. I don't care about top 10, never have, never will.  I was doomed from the start.  See, I was designed early for PvP I have 150 lup in attack, which gives me a slight hunting handicap, so I don't always 1 hit.  No biggie, they make a buff for that too.  My point is that I'm not atypical.  Since I've been back, my prestige clientele has been pretty much the same, so I am moving at a good pace.  But my peers at EOC, they spent a lot of time, and had to have spent the big bucks to get there, with the exception of a select few that took the game economy by storm.  You have to spend dots somewhere to get enough stam to get you there.   This is WORK!  I commend them for their diligence.  I also cherish them as friends, and they will tell you I didn't get where I am today with handouts, I worked (or stole) for it.  I have close friendships because of who I am, not my level, or, as you so delicately put it,  because I'm a hot chick that plays video games.  Everybody knows I'm an old retired lady..... 

Edited by BadPenny, 21 November 2014 - 06:08.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: