• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:07

The logic is simple, as I explained earlier in the chat.

You issue the command to hit, but the buff denies the hit, so theoretically, I haven't hit anyone, so it shouldn't be bountable.

Thoughts?

Edited by Runesaur, 22 November 2014 - 07:08.

#2 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:57

BG has stated because the intent was there, it's more akin to you attempting to strike someone and it got "deflected" hence "Deflect buff acting more as a magical shield that shrugged off your attack before the combat phase... I'm okay with the bounty from deflect getting removed to a degree as well, so long as it was a 10 stam hit. If someone is attempting a smash hit, imo they should go on the board.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#3 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:17

Nope keep it the way it is. If you want to attack someone, then thats the risk. You have wanted to attack someone and failed so therefore you must pay the price. Also stops ninjas attacking you  :ph34r:

#4 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 13:53

Attempted robbery is still a crime punishable by law regardless of how successful you may be.  A deflected swing still shows the attempt, just not successfully, and should carry a punishment.  Should a deflected hit carry the same punishment as a successful hit?  Maybe, maybe not but if you start trying to classify punishments according to outcome you create a very slippery slope.  How many ways to punish do want to create based on Deflect, losses, stam used, etc.?  While a one size fits all punishment system won't please everyone all the time, it's still the best available option for this game.  I have been bountied for deflects and losses as well as wins but it's all part of the game.  Take it, learn from it and try to do better the next time.

Screenshot everything!

#5 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 14:44

No.

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 November 2014 - 15:23

Look, IRL, you try to rob a bank, the bank guards take you down and you fail, you still get 25 years in a federal penitentiary.... Same holds true for deflect.  I don't like it, but there it is ;)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 17:56

No thank you to the poster's idea.

I would rather see deflect changed or removed. If changed, make it to where the buff only allows one deflect or a couple similar to how SSI works.

Deflect is offensive and aggravating.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#8 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 18:40

You issue the command to hit, but the buff denies the hit, so theoretically, I haven't hit anyone, so it shouldn't be bountable.

i agree.. i think a bounty free change to a deflection would be good for the game.. i can see more players swinging more often due to this.. 

a risk of five levels for a defect? brutal..

#9 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 20:55

a risk of five levels for a defect? brutal..

This never happens unless you have over the years grievously earned losing 5 levels, I have only a couple in my book. In other words people are gunning for you. And that risk, ever so slight or great, needs to remain!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#10 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 21:07

you attempted to hit someone and you failed because of deflect, of course you should get punished

#11 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 22 November 2014 - 21:22

Deflect is offensive and aggravating.

^ This right here... Enough said.

#12 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 21:39

I cannot remember ever placing a bounty for a deflected attack nor a ladder attack.  Both these reasons seem weak to me. However, If I am in a war with a crew and someone "normal PvPs" me, gets deflected, I believe I should have to ability to bounty or not bounty.

However, I really don't care if it is removed or not.

#13 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 22:05

Deflect may activate more than the 43.75% (at Level 175) stated chance of activation - but that's no reason to remove it.

Deflect is a valid protection for non-PvP'rs - it should stay. Fix the activation (IF it's wrong) but that's all ...

Edited by Pardoux, 22 November 2014 - 22:05.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#14 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 22:38

This never happens unless you have over the years grievously earned losing 5 levels, I have only a couple in my book. In other words people are gunning for you. And that risk, ever so slight or great, needs to remain!

it can happen.. that's my point.. it will and has happened constantly in guild wars.. thats an easy five levels to take and they did no damage.. couldn't even steal or break your buffs.. no durability damage.. 

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 22:49

OK, I have posted 1 deflected attack, and only the one.... And our illustrious Community Manager still hasn't regained his levels... Has he cried about it?  Not to me...  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 23:06

a attack is an attack (deflected, lost attack, won attack)

outcome does not matter

you attempted to hit someone and you failed because of deflect, of course you should get punished

the same is with conserve, if you attack someone and conserve activates then the defending player can bounty

or are you going to say that conserve attacks should be non-bountable too?

#17 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 23:19

hmm good question... 

what do you really gain and what do they really lose with a conserved attack..

gained - save your stamina and possibly earn zero or 1 or 10 PvP Prestige.. 

lost - nothing.. no gold was exchanged or XP lost due to Conserve.. 

... does this PvP attack deserve to have a bounty placed from it?

Edited by RebornJedi, 22 November 2014 - 23:20.

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 23:33

Although I think it is lame to bounty a deflected attack, or one where conserve kicks in for that matter, I can understand why they have to be bountyable.  It is an attack after all.  As for me, I would add your friendly (and cute) bounty hunter to the list.  How stupid is it to bounty the person who did you a favor and got you off the board?  Pretty lame if you ask me.....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#19 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 23:35

*shakes head*

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 23:38

I said something that amuses you little monkey friend?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: