2. Adept Learner 1000/500

3. Conserve 1000

4. Librarian 1000

5. Lightfoot 1500

I would happily forgo all my allegiance points for that potion :P

My common sense is on full throttle today :D

This, big guy, this ^^^^^^^^^^^^

But add AM 750, as well Thank you :)

Edited by BadPenny, 24 November 2014 - 15:46.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#22 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2014 - 15:48

Well, I did say NOT to be silly. And that really is silly.

#23 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2014 - 15:50

Well, I did say NOT to be silly. And that really is silly.

Worth a try :wub:

#24 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 20:52

I still vote for something like Doubler 3000-4000. I don't see the downside, and the demand for it would likely be quite high, increasing overall donations and the resale value of the pot (giving an even greater incentive to donate).

#25 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:16

Why not the equivalent of the Ruby Cut box as one of the options? Have a KE/SH/Coord Att/DEF 525 as an option. Call it "Grandma Overrun" Potion (reference to the parody song "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer").

Also having a Overkill 1000 with the HF 500 and Necrosis 600 with the name "Essence of Christmas Decor" (pun on the blinding light of over-the-top Christmas Decorations people in US/Canada tend to do. The blinding light/heat sears the undead into dust! :P).

Having these two as two key options. Ditching the Defiance and Absorb options. Then same amount of potions, just a matter of making them and giving them longer durability. Then we also give ability for those potions that were in February/March instead of August this year to be able to be bought/traded/etc for.

Maybe combine the Absorb with Anti-deflect, add in say Fury 500 and Rage 500, name it "Santork Claws Canteen" (Basically saying Santork Claws is so angry because really... he's just a drunk.

Could even give an idea for a few new quests "knocking out" drunken elves and making them get back to work. Have it where Mrs. Claws bakes you Chrismas Cringles.... Which can either be consumed for a Animal Magnetism 400 potion, or used to invent a new set. 

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#26 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 November 2014 - 15:32

I still vote for something like Doubler 3000-4000. I don't see the downside, and the demand for it would likely be quite high, increasing overall donations and the resale value of the pot (giving an even greater incentive to donate).

Sorry, at my level of max stam, this big of a doubler would be a waste of money and time.  And since the MAJORITY of FS has about the same or LESS max stam, this isn't needed.  I'm sorry, sweetie, Doubler is big enough now.   Give us more damage!  And more gold :)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#27 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 17:41

If the doubler were implemented like Nightmare Visage and Barricade and Counter Attack - i.e. on a sliding scale, then wouldn't everyone be happy ? :)

Ergo, you could set doubler to run at any level up to the maximum alloted ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#28 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 18:16

If the doubler were implemented like Nightmare Visage and Barricade and Counter Attack - i.e. on a sliding scale, then wouldn't everyone be happy ? smile.png

I can but ask.

#29 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 18:20

Why must we always ask for more? We have enough buffs and potions to 1-hit creatures easily, we have a big enough doubler for the majority of the game to be satisfied with, and we have enough gold in the game as it is. Can't we be satisfied with the potion-casted buff levels we have now?

#30 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 22:32

I still Hope for Doubler 2000+ someday :) maybe in xmas global event

#31 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 22:46

Sorry, at my level of max stam, this big of a doubler would be a waste of money and time.  And since the MAJORITY of FS has about the same or LESS max stam, this isn't needed.  I'm sorry, sweetie, Doubler is big enough now.   Give us more damage!  And more gold :)

1st a Bigger doubler never wastes your time ;) only saves you some. (Also we have a member in our guild with ~6000 max stam who it takes 1-2 hours to hunt with with DB 500-750 because of a poor internet connection I am sure he could use a better DB to save him some time even with his small stam bank)

Let me put it into perspective for you on why some are asking for a bigger Doubler. You have ~10,000 stam so how would you feel if you had to hunt with DB 150 everytime, I am sure it would make your hunts much longer? Because scaled up to people with High max stam that is what it is like to us with DB 1500.

#32 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 22:56

If the doubler were implemented like Nightmare Visage and Barricade and Counter Attack - i.e. on a sliding scale, then wouldn't everyone be happy ? :)

Great idea! There will be a max I'm sure but it would not require players with huge stam banks to hold marathon type sessions.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#33 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:25

1st a Bigger doubler never wastes your time ;) only saves you some. (Also we have a member in our guild with ~6000 max stam who it takes 1-2 hours to hunt with with DB 500-750 because of a poor internet connection I am sure he could use a better DB to save him some time even with his small stam bank)

Let me put it into perspective for you on why some are asking for a bigger Doubler. You have ~10,000 stam so how would you feel if you had to hunt with DB 150 everytime, I am sure it would make your hunts much longer? Because scaled up to people with High max stam that is what it is like to us with DB 1500.

Taking your stam for example, hunts wouldn't take longer than an hour with DBL 1500 + distil, on the basis your setup is 1 hitting everything, and your hand-eye coordination is good enough to smash away at about 200-300 keys a minute, which isn't incredibly difficult given the average human can type 40-50 words a minute, which totals to around 200-300 key inputs usually.

If you were having perfect spawns ( 8 mobs are every square) I'd calculate that without taking into account your conserve level, a hunt can take as little as 10-30minutes.

There is no need for a bigger doubler :P

Edited by Runesaur, 25 November 2014 - 23:32.

#34 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:35

Taking your stam for example, hunts wouldn't take longer than an hour with DBL 1500 + distil, on the basis your setup is 1 hitting everything, and your hand-eye coordination is good enough to smash away at about 200-300 keys a minute, which isn't incredibly difficult given the average human can type 40-50 words a minute, which totals to around 200-300 key inputs usually.

If you were having perfect spawns ( 8 mobs are every square) I'd calculate that without taking into account your conserve level, a hunt can take as little as 10-30minutes.

Uhh..... Things aren't that simple....

And your calculations are missing quite a few variables there.

#35 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:40

Uhh..... Things aren't that simple....

And your calculations are missing quite a few variables there.

The main variable was the doubler variation which was m=30+(((1500*1.5)/50)-30)

Apart from that, the other variables that would have an impact that I know of are Conserve.

Though reckoning can also double doubler to 2m. So i won't figure that out tonight ;/. I did a long math equtation for my guildie about the exp he'd get in the 2x event with a few buffs and that had some stam multiplers factored in to it, but it is late, I've taken some painkillers and i need to pepare for school, so please tell me what other variables, because i don't have a clue ^^

Edited by Runesaur, 25 November 2014 - 23:41.

#36 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:50

The main variable was the doubler variation which was m=30+(((1500*1.5)/50)-30)

Apart from that, the other variables that would have an impact that I know of are Conserve.

Though reckoning can also double doubler to 2m. So i won't figure that out tonight ;/. I did a long math equtation for my guildie about the exp he'd get in the 2x event with a few buffs and that had some stam multiplers factored in to it, but it is late, I've taken some painkillers and i need to pepare for school, so please tell me what other variables, because i don't have a clue ^^

Travel time between realms, possible quests and time to complete them, potential lag, real life interruptions, etc. You can't account for all of them with one equation. You could say I could go through a hunt with my stamina in what 12 minutes? When that isn't really logical or ever the case.

Note: Reckoning cannot double Doubler

#37 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:53

Travel time between realms, possible quests and time to complete them, potential lag, real life interruptions, etc. You can't account for all of them with one equation. You could say I could go through a hunt with my stamina in what 12 minutes? When that isn't really logical or ever the case.

Note: Reckoning cannot double Doubler

Since doubler/AL/Stalk/OK/All exp + buffs currently, don't apply multiplers with quests, I always suggest doing them with your excess, realm travelling idk about later levels, but i use 50-80 stam and im in the new zone ( krul island port, catherdal of ways, new place, and continue to hunt).

I'm not trying to be an actuary, though it's what I'd like to study at university, it's something I cant quantify right now - real life interference etc -  and would just assume my general opinion on such matter here as well.

Don't commit to doing something ( In terms of FS, hunting) unless your sure you can commit enough time to complete it.

I see a guildie pumping 20k stam in just under 30 minutes including quests.

It's all about your smashing speed.

My most recent hunt - given I was playing on a small keyboard ( I usually play from my main computer, but currently trying to recover) I managed to burn 2k stamina in little under 5minutes using doubler 750. Considering I was carefully killing level 127 mobs because there are 126 mobs where i level as well, I could've done it quicker, but then again, I wanted the most exp possible.

If we use that as an example, given that db 750 = doubler 15x,

2k stamina would take 2,5minutes to burn, x 7.5 to equtate to your stamina ( I also travelled to a different realm within this hunt) it would come out as nearly 19minutes.

Though i'm guessing you use distil 150, so we'll add another 4x since it'll become 1725, meaning that 34x = 15x/15*34 in terms of time.

so time taken would take  = 11minutes.

Edited by Runesaur, 26 November 2014 - 00:04.

#38 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:11

As Gomez pointed out there are many things that affect the length of a hunt. Including equipping different items, Finding buffs, using potions, walking to your hunting realm (this is annoying for people near EOC as the last hunt I had to walk almost 50 maps before I could even start to hunt...) So when compounding all the different elements that makes hunting longer, its nice to have a buff that can at least lower the time on 1 of them. (There is a player with 400k stamina can you imagine how long it must take to burn all that stam with DB 1500)

#39 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:18

As Gomez pointed out there are many things that affect the length of a hunt. Including equipping different items, Finding buffs, using potions, walking to your hunting realm (this is annoying for people near EOC as the last hunt I had to walk almost 50 maps before I could even start to hunt...) So when compounding all the different elements that makes hunting longer, its nice to have a buff that can at least lower the time on 1 of them. (There is a player with 400k stamina can you imagine how long it must take to burn all that stam with DB 1500)

Wouldn't it be wiser to move to your hunting ground prior to hitting max stamina? I understand top10/30 guilds usually require you to sit on relics. Though in theory, you can spread the time taken for your hunt to a few days, 10-20minutes here walking to the location, 5-10minutes there, and then the day later, wam, get your hunt down.

DB 2000 wouldn't be high enough anyway, in that regard.

It'd cut your hunting time by about 20 - 30%

I'm not surprised if your spending longer getting there, than actually hunting ;p.

Edited by Runesaur, 26 November 2014 - 00:23.

#40 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:28

Wouldn't it be wiser to move to your hunting ground prior to hitting max stamina? I understand top10/30 guilds usually require you to sit on relics. Though in theory, you can spread the time taken for your hunt to a few days, 10-20minutes here walking to the location, 5-10minutes there, and then the day later, wam, get your hunt down.

DB 2000 wouldn't be high enough anyway, in that regard.

It'd cut your hunting time by about 20 - 30%

I'm not surprised if your spending longer getting there, than actually hunting ;p.

Not if your using a high level Lightfoot, since it is a lot of walking its best to buff up 1st then walk to your hunting ground.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: