• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:30

Not if your using a high level Lightfoot, since it is a lot of walking its best to buff up 1st then walk to your hunting ground.

So doubler 2k would be worthwhile in the sense that it'd reduce your hunts by 20-30%.

The effectiveness of the speed is down to your ability to smash keys though.

#42 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:35

Wouldn't it be wiser to move to your hunting ground prior to hitting max stamina? I understand top10/30 guilds usually require you to sit on relics. Though in theory, you can spread the time taken for your hunt to a few days, 10-20minutes here walking to the location, 5-10minutes there, and then the day later, wam, get your hunt down.

DB 2000 wouldn't be high enough anyway, in that regard.

It'd cut your hunting time by about 20 - 30%

I'm not surprised if your spending longer getting there, than actually hunting ;p.

Runesaur, I'm nowhere near EOC  I do relic sit.  I prepare for my hunt, moving into position a few stam ticks ahead, especially if I have to walk in.... HOWEVER.  I rarely have to walk more than a handful of levels.  usually 3-500 steps all total, including the portal hops.  EOC folks are walking 50+ levels from the last portal stop to their hunting grounds.  Moving into position early will not help them in that respect,  as they for the most part have massive stam that doesn't take days to fill, it takes WEEKS... Sorry, baby, you're still a puppy and have some things to learn yet.  Please don't advise a vet how best to utilize their stam, They got this.... Besides, they want ways to burn stam faster, here, not make more.  That's a different issue. ;)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#43 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:38

Runesaur, I'm nowhere near EOC  I do relic sit.  I prepare for my hunt, moving into position a few stam ticks ahead, especially if I have to walk in.... HOWEVER.  I rarely have to walk more than a handful of levels.  usually 3-500 steps all total, including the portal hops.  EOC folks are walking 50+ levels from the last portal stop to their hunting grounds.  Moving into position early will not help them in that respect,  as they for the most part have massive stam that doesn't take days to fill, it takes WEEKS... Sorry, baby, you're still a puppy and have some things to learn yet.  Please don't advise a vet how best to utilize their stam, They got this.... Besides, they want ways to burn stam faster, here, not make more.  That's a different issue. ;)

*Rune smashes his head*

*Rune continues to study*

Why don't the cows introduce some better transportation ;/

#44 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:39

At the very least, maybe a global doubler 2000? I don't think anyone would mind those with massive stam banks to help with the community kills ;)

#45 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:41

1st a Bigger doubler never wastes your time ;) only saves you some. (Also we have a member in our guild with ~6000 max stam who it takes 1-2 hours to hunt with with DB 500-750 because of a poor internet connection I am sure he could use a better DB to save him some time even with his small stam bank)

Let me put it into perspective for you on why some are asking for a bigger Doubler. You have ~10,000 stam so how would you feel if you had to hunt with DB 150 everytime, I am sure it would make your hunts much longer? Because scaled up to people with High max stam that is what it is like to us with DB 1500.

Tell you what dear, I plan to hunt day after tomorrow.  I will be using DB 750, a punkin pot, my prestige, and the standard hunting buffs.  I 2 hit 20%of the time.  I will time my hunt for you to show you.... I have a mediocre cable internet connection via wifi on a slow 6 year old laptop.  

See ya Thursday :)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#46 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:46

Tell you what dear, I plan to hunt day after tomorrow.  I will be using DB 750, a punkin pot, my prestige, and the standard hunting buffs.  I 2 hit 20%of the time.  I will time my hunt for you to show you.... I have a mediocre cable internet connection via wifi on a slow 6 year old laptop.  

See ya Thursday :)

Its like using DB 150 not 750. So if you do hunt with 750 Multiply the time by 5 :)

#47 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:20

Again, what's the downside to Doubler 3000 existing? As an addition to the options in the new Christmas Gift Box, that is.

Sure it would be only be useful to a small segment of players. So are PvP-oriented potions.

#48 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2014 - 14:04

Hi there.

I have now added Potion of Enlightened Learning IV to the box. AL 750 & Doubler 2250.

I am not gonna put 3000 in as that is exactly double the previous potion and to be honest, I want to have potion options for the future that could be 3000 instead of having people demanding 4, 5 or 6000. You know it would happen! :)

#49 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 14:26

Wow! That is awesome BG! Thank you!  :)

#50 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2014 - 15:18

I have now added Potion of Enlightened Learning IV to the box. AL 750 & Doubler 2250.

Doubler 2250 + Distil 150 = Doubler 2588 [52x]   :o

That means you need at least 1040 stamina to attack with it active.

#51 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2014 - 16:12

Doubler 2250 + Distil 150 = Doubler 2588 [52x]   :o

That means you need at least 1040 stamina to attack with it active.

Fine with me, especially considering i will be using it on the double xp weekend and intend to power level back to eoc.

#52 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 17:03

Hi there.

I am not gonna put 3000 in as that is exactly double the previous potion and to be honest, I want to have potion options for the future that could be 3000 instead of having people demanding 4, 5 or 6000. You know it would happen! :)

Thanks BigGrim!

#53 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2014 - 17:16

Hey, it's the joy of constructive feedback Guys and Gals! I do listen to the Community!

#54 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 18:02

Who thinks higher doublers are pointless. They are highly efficient not only do they speed up a hunt, they save stam. Sometimes when i hunt i find 1-2 creatures on one space with a Level 750 potion its the same as finding 16-36 creatures on the same spot. Means you dont have to move as much

#55 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 18:17

Douglas, the higher the doubler the higher the minimum stam needed to attack.  Those with huge stam banks need it, those with small ones just... don't... like Cy says, that new big doubler needs a lot of minimum stam.  like 10% of what I have.... When I hunt, I generally use a 1200, and my hunt is over fast....  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#56 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 19:13

Hey, it's the joy of constructive feedback Guys and Gals! I do listen to the Community!

Thanks for listening BG :)

#57 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 22:09

Douglas, the higher the doubler the higher the minimum stam needed to attack.  Those with huge stam banks need it, those with small ones just... don't... like Cy says, that new big doubler needs a lot of minimum stam.  like 10% of what I have.... When I hunt, I generally use a 1200, and my hunt is over fast....  

you can switch to doubler 750 when you reach the minimum stamina needed for high level doubler... Doubler 750 pot is very cheap

At the end its just the user choice if they are annoyed of using lots of time on leveling either if it was big stamina bank or slow/laggy connection

Edited by shindrak, 26 November 2014 - 22:10.

#58 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 22:25

Yes I know how it works but I'm saying that it is no harm. I don't think I've ever complained about a doubler 750 and wanted a doubler 1000 I can live without the doubler being useful to me. Just I know it will be useful to higher eoc players who will need a high doubler. Like shindrak says you can buy a cheap 750 potion

#59 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:18

anyone who says that doubler is pointless,  
i challenge them to hunt without doubler at all.
then they can see the use of doubler.

plus, in my mind at least and i think in many more,
having a bigger doubler potion,  would promote the
upgrade of stamina banks even higher
as hunting wouldnt take ages..

#60 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 16:13

I have hunted without doubler.  From levels 1 to level 100 it wasn't even available yet.  When the first player reached 200, Doubler was a very expensive buff.  I did not buy it, cuz I couldn't afford it.  I hunted without ANY kind of doubler until I joined TEQ in early 2008.  I was about level 135 at the time.  Hunting without doubler takes forever...  No way would I attempt it now....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: