#2 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:03

Bildor  :P

Not sure how he convinced the cows to change his name for the holidays... but I approve!  :D

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:23

Just to be the grinch here, I disapprove of this ...

Plenty of players have historically asked for a name change - and been categorically refused by the cows. Sometimes, these requests were just to fix an in-haste spelling mistake, but still denied. Same with spelling mistakes in guild names ...

Now that this can of worms has been opened, I hope name/guild changes that are just spelling mistake ones will be looked at favorably ?

(I still agree with refusing to change names to something completely different - for whatever reason that may be)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:46

Plenty of players have historically asked for a name change - and been categorically refused by the cows. Sometimes, these requests were just to fix an in-haste spelling mistake, but still denied. Same with spelling mistakes in guild names ...

Now that this can of worms has been opened, I hope name/guild changes that are just spelling mistake ones will be looked at favorably ?

(I still agree with refusing to change names to something completely different - for whatever reason that may be)

You've been naughty this year. Coal for you.

Edited by Bildor, 16 December 2014 - 03:46.

#5 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:00

Totally agree.  This name change is flat-out blatant favoritism by the cows.  Makes one wonder what other favoritism has been shown to this player and/or others.

Screenshot everything!

#6 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:01

I did not know you could change your username, I asked HCS if I could slightly change mine (without the "4ever") and was told that usernames are permanent

the ability to completly change your user name can be abused and do lots of damage resulting in many problems for the game

what happens if everyone can change his user name and you do not know who the previous user was? some guilds do not let certain players like thieves, personal reason, ... into their guild but are then unable to differentiate who that player "really" is and even harm the guild (he was on bad terms with the guild) by for example: leaking guild info, recalling composing & normal potions and using them, .......

I think it is a very bad idea to let players change their USER-name and it might lead to confusion (not knowing who that player really is) and problems !!!

Edited by mary4ever, 16 December 2014 - 04:02.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:10

Did the cows approve this game name change or was/is this some sort of script? Either way it's bad. I don't care what kind of presents that might be delved out, even those epics were achieved through ill gotten means and everyone who plays knows it.

I've said my peace now I could care less!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#8 muabnesor

muabnesor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:13

I would guess this is a temporary change, because Bildor is running around the maps giving away epics to players that find him.  I can't believe players getting upset about it.  

#9 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:13

my contribution to a doomed thread

failure_baby.gif

#10 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:24

I would guess this is a temporary change, because Bildor is running around the maps giving away epics to players that find him. 

and why does this require a name change?  It does not.  As already stated, there have been countless requests for name changes refused because names are permanent but now somebody gets their name changed just for jollies?  Reeks of favoritism for certain players and taints the objectivity of the cows.  Period.

Screenshot everything!

#11 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:25

Happy Holidays folks of FS :D

Bildor went to great lengths to add some cheer during this season and of course it is temporary.

I'm sure that HCS would not make the change if it was to be permanent.

Of course, everyone has a right to express their opinions, even non-believers in Santa Claus :D

Edited by WandKing, 16 December 2014 - 04:27.

#12 Quack

Quack

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:26

<-----------i'm here to cry along with the other posters   :(

Edited by The King, 16 December 2014 - 04:27.

#13 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:30

Perfectly said.

HCS made a huge mistake here.

I disapprove!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hope there are hundreds of tickets asking the same.

Edited by Lellarell, 16 December 2014 - 04:35.

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:32

Anything to get a few kicks in :) the ignorance stings. Its obviously not permanent for starters. He is just spreading Christmas cheer and the cows wanted to help him? The cows agreed for a reason maybe to help increase game activity or help retain new players etc...? If your still whining you need a reality check. What is he actually gaining here... nothing? You complain about low player base etc etc...and when someone tries to help, you instantly shoot them down haha. A few people whining aren't going to discourage.

Edited by Intimidation, 16 December 2014 - 04:39.

#15 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:35

If i start stealing children can my name be changed to Krampus?

#16 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:49

Its obviously not permanent for starters. 

not that obvious to me.. for all the reals, this is a bad move by the cows in the long run.. obviously a large amount of money was exchanged..

#17 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:02

I just sent my ticket.

:D

#18 handitover

handitover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:37

I disagree as well . Admins keep telling us follow the rules while they start making exceptions.  There were 2 options  rather than change his name  1: change his rank   or  2 : post  in his bio and shout box message .

#19 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:53

Anything to get a few kicks in :) the ignorance stings. Its obviously not permanent for starters. He is just spreading Christmas cheer and the cows wanted to help him? The cows agreed for a reason maybe to help increase game activity or help retain new players etc...? If your still whining you need a reality check. What is he actually gaining here... nothing? You complain about low player base etc etc...and when someone tries to help, you instantly shoot them down haha. A few people whining aren't going to discourage.

Jeez, are you ever defensive ?

Have I said anything about his giving away the epics ? - NO

Am I disappointed that the cows have broken the "unbroken" rule about name changes ? - YES

(as are plenty of others, it seems .... )

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#20 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:57

If we're changing names now, I want to change mine to something more feminine so that people will stop thinking I'm a guy.  <_<

[/sarcasm... sort of]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: