#41 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2014 - 00:39

okay I remember that but I do not see how that will help if you need to lose levels. I was perplexed how it all is going to come together. :huh:

@Trailman thank you for your response.  :D

I hope BigGrim will post soon his thoughts or some other staff member of hcs on what direction they are leaning on. I have read a lot of threads on pvp, gvg, xp and gold loss. on this issue.  :rolleyes:

#42 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:08

Loosing levels would still be fairly easy just go find a SE and hit it naked  :D

Edited by Trailman, 14 October 2014 - 01:10.

2320275.png

#43 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:21

Giggles yeah that is a thought lmao.  :D  Though it makes you wonder how many times you have to find in that status.  :unsure:

Edited by bigchaos, 14 October 2014 - 01:22.

#44 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:29

Umm, can we stay on topic please?  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#45 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:31

sorry BadPenny and yeah topic of pvp and xp loss still have a lot of wonder on what will be done to 10 stamina and 100 stamina hits and how they are going to be affecting prestige and bb.  

#46 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:57

I, too wonder these things, and I get messages about them daily from members of the community, and not just PvPers or levelers, but from all walks of Eldirath life.  It's hard to say who is more against any kind of change, but to fix the problem, something has to be done.    

Don't misunderstand.  I am as in the dark as to how and when this is going to go down as you are.  I have many burning questions, like, for example, what happens to the smasher medal?  And the dominance medal.  I've had to earn mine TWICE, the first time the old school ladder, and then on this new fangled "banded" ladder that is so much phale... Will I have to start all over again on that?   Please no... it's just not fair...  And my last burning question is this:  Will the bounty board eventually die because of lack of activity?  Is it true that nobody will be upset because they are only losing a little gold and what everybody seems to say is "worthless" PvP XP?  As to that, I say we can't possibly know.  The perks may be such that more will find PvP desirable, especially since they no longer have to sacrifice their precious leveling XP....   

This is why I made this proposal.  I know it's imperfect... I am Penny, not Lindarsil, I cannot produce perfect.  Please, keep suggestions coming, and try to be positive and kind to each other.  I love this game, and only want what  is best for it and for us.  I hope you all feel the same way.

Thanks for letting me share.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#47 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:18

First off, I have to commend BP for her resilience to the abuse she's been copping from several players over her stance on the changes that are forthcoming to PvP.

For someone like her, who loves PvP, to bite the bullet and try to move forward with the proposal rather than throw a tantrum that it's changing without (insert various reasons/excuses here) is laudable.

There are still threads that are arguing about PvP should still retain XP loss - I think it's time that the cows now took a stance on this and, if XP loss in PvP attacks is set in stone, then they should close down the threads that are trying to prevent it. After all, this is THEIR game and we are their guests.

Players saying "we don't want XP loss" when they (the cows) have determined it's going serves no purpose other than inflaming the situation.

All that said ...

The cows need to provide a "template" for how this will be implemented and what / where will be affected and by how much.

Until those baseline parameters are set, I think we're all stumbling around in the dark ....

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#48 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:01

I came here to say exactly what Pardoux have said, we are putting so many time and dedication on this, and HCS doesn't gave us any idea about how their idea will work.

We have Mary's thread, Penny's thread and Doom's thread, but NONE from HCS, I believe it's time to turn things official, something like: "Hey players, those are our ideas about that matter, what you think about that?" or something, for now we are just supporting and burning the ideas from other players, HCS can read all the 3 threads and post a scratch about how everything will work, we already had too many ideas, it's their time.

#49 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2014 - 17:10

I came here to say exactly what Pardoux have said, we are putting so many time and dedication on this, and HCS doesn't gave us any idea about how their idea will work.

We have Mary's thread, Penny's thread and Doom's thread, but NONE from HCS, I believe it's time to turn things official, something like: "Hey players, those are our ideas about that matter, what you think about that?" or something, for now we are just supporting and burning the ideas from other players, HCS can read all the 3 threads and post a scratch about how everything will work, we already had too many ideas, it's their time.

since dooms thread got pinned i guess the cows use that as contact one they want the players view on how to make it work aswell when they get a good concept ready i am sure that they will post it on the forums

just sit tight and wait for it and it will be there :D

and penny it's all about making the pvp exp vewwy pwecious!

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#50 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 17:59

Oh, I agree, Crip... it's all about the XP, no matter what type it is... Personally, I kind of like the concept of actually earning XP for PvP... I'm proud of my abilities, as well I should be...  I feel superior  because I have superior skill... Now, that will be publicly recognized, rather than just being passed on by  word of mouth.   

Edited by BadPenny, 16 October 2014 - 12:07.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#51 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2014 - 00:02

There are still threads that are arguing about PvP should still retain XP loss - I think it's time that the cows now took a stance on this and, if XP loss in PvP attacks is set in stone, then they should close down the threads that are trying to prevent it. After all, this is THEIR game and we are their guests.

ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT.  They are the businessmen, entrepreneurs, and we are the (paying) customers (although any player is a customer, contributing to game's perpetuity).  I am among the paying customers.  The above stance is incorrect and misplaced.  The game would NOT exist were it not for the players.  No players = no one to develop for.

Now on topic, I wish we could leave XP loss in as it was.  Something has changed to make online numbers shrink, and since pvp and honour was prevalent in the good ol' days....???

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#52 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2014 - 00:16

ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT.  They are the businessmen, entrepreneurs, and we are the (paying) customers (although any player is a customer, contributing to game's perpetuity).  I am among the paying customers.  The above stance is incorrect and misplaced.  The game would NOT exist were it not for the players.  No players = no one to develop for.

Actually, both mine AND your statements are correct.

It IS their game - and we are their guests

BUT

It is also a business which SOME pay to partake in (without those paying, there would be no game)

Whichever statement you take as your choice tho, THEY develop it, THEY determine the course it takes (sometimes WITH player intervention, sometimes WITHOUT) and THEY sink or swim (hopefully swim) as a result of those actions.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#53 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:31

Now on topic, I wish we could leave XP loss in as it was.  Something has changed to make online numbers shrink, and since pvp and honour was prevalent in the good ol' days....???

DP

Interesting point, Deceased Bird.... 

I, too an a paying customer... I feel that if nothing else, we need an official thread, announcing what is exactly planned to be changed, and a timeline on it.  Included should be a list of what we can and cannot ask for concerning these changes.... All this endless debate is leading nowhere fast, and frankly needs to stop...  Like it or not, though, the "blood" thread was pinned.  

Back on topic:

My thread is merely a suggestion.  It was mostly composed based on feedback I have gotten from the general population of Eldirath.  I don't purport to know everybody, but there are people who never speak here, and so I thought to pass their thoughts on to you.  The jury is still out on whether XP loss should  be in or out... The consensus is right at 50/50, and I don't see that changing.  Surprisingly enough, this is also scattered across FS "class lines".... Both PvP and leveling communities are divided in this.... 

Ideally, HCS would allow us as a community to decide.  HOWEVER, just from the tone of some of the posts in this forum, we as a whole are hopelessly at an impasse', which leaves it up to them to sort it all out.  Yeah, it's unfair, but, guess what... that's the way the story always goes... Sometimes, you just gotta hang on for the ride and try to thrive on the challenges...

Now, this is what needs to be done.  Our fearless leader, Mr Grim needs to lock all these threads, glean what he deems to be the best of the best, and post an official thread... Now, don't panic... We have all kinds of holiday festivities around the corner, so If I were you, I wouldn't expect anything but the occasional comment to keep order till after the first of the year.

Big Guy, when you read this, I've accomplished what I set out to do... The voices of reason have come here... I knew they would... Lock this thread at your discretion (not that you really need my permission, obviously)

Edited by BadPenny, 15 October 2014 - 03:34.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#54 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2014 - 15:14

Actually, both mine AND your statements are correct.

It IS their game - and we are their guests

BUT

It is also a business which SOME pay to partake in (without those paying, there would be no game)

Whichever statement you take as your choice tho, THEY develop it, THEY determine the course it takes (sometimes WITH player intervention, sometimes WITHOUT) and THEY sink or swim (hopefully swim) as a result of those actions.

I can agree with this moderate and more specific version of your last post.  However, never underestimate the power and effect of the voting dollar.  In capital societies, dollars are a scarce resource and they go where they are most appreciated, depending on a myriad of criteria.  

Akin to a shop keep, let's say he sells soup.  And let's say he acts like an early 20th century European dictator.  Now although his soup is the BEST, he treats his customers like, well, inferiors.  Inevitably, the dollar heads elsewhere. Perhaps the soup isn't as good, but the ambiance is better.  I don't want to belabor the point, but any successful business (that does not possess powerful lobbyists and back-pocket politicians) listens to the needs of the majority of its customers (those that pay for the goods and services) and flourishes, or follows their own path and...Not listening to one's customers is financial suicide.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

-DP

Oh, I forgot the obligatory  ;)

Edited by DeadParrot, 15 October 2014 - 15:18.

#55 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2014 - 15:47

Thing is, we DO listen to player feedback. However, we also know that a very loud minority tend to shout other opinions down on this forum. You say the changes to PvP are the reason for declining numbers but I'm afraid that's pure speculation.

What we are doing is listening to everyone then we shall make an informed decision and discuss THAT idea with the Community.

#56 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 16:20

What we are doing is listening to everyone then we shall make an informed decision and discuss THAT idea with the Community.

Please do it, and fast if possible, I have saw some players stopping playing the game just for the speculation of the removal of XP Loss from PvP, make your mind about all that, put all ideas together and post it on News Update asking for a final review on HCS ideas.

And I need to say, put your Cow Shield up, I'm sure that any change on PvP will result on fire and fight.

#57 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 16:35

stuff

And I need to say, put your Cow Shield up, I'm sure that any change on PvP will result on fire and fight.

Don't worry, Big Guy, Penny gots your back ;)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#58 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:47

Thing is, we DO listen to player feedback. However, we also know that a very loud minority tend to shout other opinions down on this forum. You say the changes to PvP are the reason for declining numbers but I'm afraid that's pure speculation.

If you are going to listen to the "majority", it may be wise to ensure it is the majority of FS players, not the majority of forum members, where as we know, represents a minority of players.

DP

#59 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:22

Dear, dear, deceased bird, I am positive that our fearless leader is hearing from players from other avenues than this forum.  In fact, I'm sure this is the reason that these changes are coming.....   He has to maintain order in any way he can, and listen to all the voices.  I don't envy him his job, he has a lot on his plate, and we keep adding more.  I am confident that he is doing the right thing for the entire community, not just a select few... That is his job after all...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#60 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:13