#1 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:17

One year ago today, my faction mates helped elevate the ragtag team I put together with cyclerider while my wife was out doing some christmas shopping and I was eating some leftover turkey some 19 months ago, to the number 1 position in the game.

Today is our anniversary and I am very happy to congratulate my teammates and thank them for the unwavering support over the past year and a half. I would also thank our friendly opponents whom have provided us with stiff competition and at times been nipping right at our heels. Without any of you, this achievement would not be as meaningful as it is.

I would genuinely like to acknowledge all the members of the team whom have helped in this endeavor, but my record keeping has not been so great and while I could probably recall about 95% of the people whom have aided our rise and dominance, I am sure I would leave a few worthy people off the list. Instead I will just say that the character of the many members of my team over this past year has been exceptional and I consider myself fortunate to be your chosen leader.

To everyone else, I have a simple bit to say. When I started this with cyclerider, we had a different leader, redwalker, who bailed on us after the 2nd day and about 2 hours after I invested a ton of FC. The result of this was a severe disadvantage for sticking with the team. We had an inactive faction leader, which scared away many. We planned a mutiny and on the 28th day, redwalker hopped on to say hi then logged off, resetting the mutiny clock. So, in January, I FINALLY was able to affect a mutiny. Rottk still has a handful of members who stuck with us through those first few months, I am especially grateful to these members. After the mutiny things began to pick up. Rottk did a painful merger with the merciful beings led by Lyzander (more painful for him than I, but he is a glutton for pain ;) ). He dumped a faction with over 1200 FC in it. After a long talk over a few weeks, we realized we were better as a team and that the lost FC was better lost earlier than later. We recruited several great members to our team and Sharona appeared in all her glory. Our team did very well and profited very well both in drop sales and recruitment of jealous members of other teams who could not find squads. From there is was a simple matter of catching up to the pack.

I tell you this story not as a bragging, but as a hopeful tale to the next guy who feel like they are out of the race. You CAN do it. You need to find chemistry and be willing to accept changes as they present themselves.

To the person who relates, I have one thing to say:

Bring it
Don't let us take another year.

#2 Benzidine

Benzidine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:13

Great post I've ever seen till now in SS2 forum, Acidic.
I can feel what you feel.
I also admire Lyzander, 1200FC is not a small amount.

Well~ congratulations to ROTTK.
A great team of Sigma Storm 2.

#3 ss_sirona

ss_sirona
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:30

Congrats,
and with all the good intentions in the world, hoping to not see you be #1 for another year.. :mrgreen:

#4 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 17:09

Congratulations on your achievement..well done :)

I hope to see us give you a run for your money in the next few months

#5 nestor

nestor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:16

I like "historical" postings on factions, it gives a story and life to it.

Congratulations on holding your "core" team together!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: