Photo

FSH key components

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

Poll: Fallen Sword Helper (208 member(s) have cast votes)

What features should take priority?

1. Footprints (68 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

2. Quick Kill / Drink / Drop / Send (127 votes [11.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.67%

3. Quick Buff (101 votes [9.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.28%

4. Bio feature to sell buffs (84 votes [7.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.72%

5. Do Not Kill list (59 votes [5.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.42%

6. Guild Inventory (81 votes [7.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.44%

7. Show Gold on Player (24 votes [2.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.21%

8. Combat Logs (38 votes [3.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.49%

9. Online Allies/Enemies (45 votes [4.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.14%

10. Highlight PvP / GvG Targets (44 votes [4.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.04%

11. Sortable Guild Advisor (49 votes [4.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

12. "Last 7 Days" on the guild advisor (33 votes [3.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

13. Combat Evaluation (69 votes [6.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.34%

14. Recipe Manager (46 votes [4.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.23%

15. Quick Recall / Quick Wear (86 votes [7.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.90%

16. Backpack Manager AH links & "Check All" (67 votes [6.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.16%

17. Add ZERO features (4 votes [0.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.37%

18. Add ALL suggested features (28 votes [2.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.57%

19. Fetch Creature Stats (from UFSG) (35 votes [3.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.22%

What features should take priority? (Continued)

1. Search for Buffs (70 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Default Hunting Buffs (39 votes [18.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.57%

3. Quick Extract Components (60 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

4. Bulk Sell (16 votes [7.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.62%

5. Wanted / Active Bounties (7 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

6. Finish off AH integration (8 votes [3.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.81%

7. Creature Logs (2 votes [0.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.95%

8. Personal Inventory Manager (8 votes [3.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 17:28

Admittedly, they're all FSH features, but for the most part, they're lower down on the level of importance I suspect ?

As you say, by continually adding things to the poll, it's lessening the effectiveness OF the poll, so I think, from now on, I'd rather keep the poll as is - see which of the 3-5 items Hoof wants to implement first are and, once they're in, I (or, ideally, he) will do another thread with ALL remaining features listed from the get-go, to get a more accurate picture.

Personally i consider those FS-helper features the most important,

that help to manage large upgrades.

Be it upgrades of component slots, backpack, guild store, stamina, Auction House.

For most of these there is not much of a point without FS-Helper.
From the list it would be those related to inventing + eventually Scavenging summary, PvP arena filter.

Though i have to agree, there is not much point in adding them now

Just hope HCS will keep the old FS-helper feature (whatever gets picked to be implemented first)

as an option, until that feature is fully integrated and working. 

This to avoid we have to live with something half done / half broken for a long while to come.

Regards,

Kildek

And therein lies the rub.  What is important to one player is not importantant to another therefore the only fair and responsible way to integrate FSH into the game is to take it ALL and integrate it all in one shot.  Will this delay the overall implementation?  Probably, but better all of it delayed than some people feeling second class because they didn't get their wish list, especially if there is no set timetable for total implementation and/or that timetable is not followed.

Screenshot everything!

#142 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 20:39

I've made a list now of all the FSH features in the poll and all those subsequently brought up but not added... If there are ANY other features, mention them now so that the list is complete and these accusations about favouritism / personal preference inclusions can be eliminated :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#143 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2013 - 20:52

And therein lies the rub.  What is important to one player is not importantant to another therefore the only fair and responsible way to integrate FSH into the game is to take it ALL and integrate it all in one shot.  Will this delay the overall implementation?  Probably, but better all of it delayed than some people feeling second class because they didn't get their wish list, especially if there is no set timetable for total implementation and/or that timetable is not followed.

While i would like it all converted in one go, i doubt it is going to happen.

Looking at the list of Coders, i am guessing only Zorg and Hoofmaster are left working on FS,

and this only part time, as they work on other projects like Eldevin too (correct me if i am wrong).

With the amount of features in FS-helper, i am starting to wonder if it would not be better,

if HCS takes over development of FS-helper.

If an update of FS threatens to brake a feature of FS-Helper, they can decide if it is easier

to fix FS-Helper or add the feature on the server side.

This would in my opinion, give most bang for the buck.

Regards,

Kildek

#144 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 20:58

Looking at the list of Coders, i am guessing only Zorg and Hoofmaster are left working on FS,

and this only part time, as they work on other projects like Eldevin too (correct me if i am wrong).

That's how I understand it too - the only full-time FS Cow is BG ?

Wish it were different :) (as in more dedicated resource, not that BG wasn't full time LOL)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#145 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 July 2013 - 22:18

With the amount of features in FS-helper, i am starting to wonder if it would not be better,

if HCS takes over development of FS-helper.

If an update of FS threatens to brake a feature of FS-Helper, they can decide if it is easier

to fix FS-Helper or add the feature on the server side.

This would in my opinion, give most bang for the buck.

Regards,

Kildek

I think their main priority is just cancelling out any and all scripts. If they simply takeover FSH, then it's still possible that coders out there can customize it beyond the normal settings and HCS won't be able to detect it. All they'll see is the player is running FSH which is legit.

By implementing FSH into the actual game, you can fully ban any scripts and hopefully be able to ban anyone using them.

But yes, if they took over FSH, it would certainly be time efficient. Too bad they can't get the Eldevin coders to work on FS for just one week lol. Imagine all the work that could be done and what features would be implemented.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#146 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:06

I think their main priority is just cancelling out any and all scripts. If they simply takeover FSH, then it's still possible that coders out there can customize it beyond the normal settings and HCS won't be able to detect it. All they'll see is the player is running FSH which is legit.

By implementing FSH into the actual game, you can fully ban any scripts and hopefully be able to ban anyone using them.

But yes, if they took over FSH, it would certainly be time efficient. Too bad they can't get the Eldevin coders to work on FS for just one week lol. Imagine all the work that could be done and what features would be implemented.

I can see a bunch of reasons why HCS would want to get rid of FS-Helper.

But they have to figure out how to do the best with the resources at hand.

Who knows, once Eldevin goes live and hopefully becomes a success,

that might free a coder to do other work.

Best players can do is make a priority list, which will work for as many people as possible.

Regards,

Kildek

#147 Mekrushu

Mekrushu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:38

Hoof has asked me to start this thread ('cos I couldn't find the first one) regarding what features of the FSH should be implemented into core game code first...

To that end, there's a poll above - and, if I've missed anything, I'll add to the poll ..

The top 3-5 will get the first look from the almighty ;)

One thing Id like to see tweaked is the store! Is is just my pet peeve, or should the Guild>>>Store from left menu take you there and allow you to pick up AND deposit items? Its minor, but a pain in the butt to have to go to Guild>>>Manage>>>Report to get to the same place! I always forget and just click on store and have to start over! :huh:  :blink: 

FSsig.jpg

Tact is for those that lack the intelligence to be sarcastic!

#148 Removed19110

Removed19110

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:32

I would also like to see the relic ''fetch stats'' option integrated in to FS..  it doesnt seem to be working properly most of the times on FSH.. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: