#21 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:19

Yes please add this item as i am also proud of my hard work and gold spent on my level 60 composing and make it option to  hide it for those that would like that option :D :lol: :)

Not even sure why it should be hidable ?

As far as I am aware (I'm willing to be corrected here), you can't hide your arena wins, or your kill streak, or your SE kills etc, etc, so why start making facets of your bio hidable now ?

Either include it for everyone, or leave it out completely I think ...

Edited by Pardoux, 06 May 2017 - 02:19.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#22 Raku

Raku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:52

Not even sure why it should be hidable ?

As far as I am aware (I'm willing to be corrected here), you can't hide your arena wins, or your kill streak, or your SE kills etc, etc, so why start making facets of your bio hidable now ?

Either include it for everyone, or leave it out completely I think ...

Why not make them all hideable? Being able to somewhat customize what you show off on your profile sounds like a better deal to me then not being able to. Being one way or the other seems a bit trivial for this does it not?

I say add it, why not add a titan kill count while you're at it as well.

Edited by Raku, 06 May 2017 - 03:54.

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:08

Why not make them all hideable? Being able to somewhat customize what you show off on your profile sounds like a better deal to me then not being able to. Being one way or the other seems a bit trivial for this does it not?

I say add it, why not add a titan kill count while you're at it as well.

That works too I guess - just thought it was silly to introduce something new to the bio template that was,unlike everything else, hidable.

That said, if there's a top 100 / 250 listing, the info has to still be included there, or it's not a true top rated listing

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:15

My top monthly has more inactive players than active ones, many of them years gone.... to me that's not an accurate assessment of achievement at this time.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#25 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:30

My top monthly has more inactive players than active ones, many of them years gone.... to me that's not an accurate assessment of achievement at this time.

Any and all top-rated lists SHOULD always reflect the state of CURRENT player standings - this has been brought to the cows attention on many occasions as you know Penny ....

#26 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:51

back to the subject asked originally ,yes put it there

and make them all hideable  some dont wont them seen so they can turn them off ,if you want it to be seen turn them on

5aZzW0p.png,

#27 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:48

I see no harm in adding this to the profiles, so yes to the OP.

and make nothing hide-able. We have never been hiding anything in this game, why start now?

Some may feel their numbers are not great/big/long enough? Well, make 'em better instead of trying to hide 'em - or just accept the fact, that not everyone can be the best at everything. Don't complicate simple things, thank you.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#28 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:23

Yes add this. Just put it under SE kills. Get rid of the extra Arena one :)

I have nothing to hide :P

#29 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:23

I do not like this idea.

Starting a guild back in the day was hard enough.

Starting a guild now, or trying to grow one without a highish level composer? A nightmare.

Composing takes years to ascend. (or should)

In the old days all it took was a concept, or a funny name to get folk to join your guild.

I know. I did it.

Now folk look for stuff and things.

You can be sure one of the things they look for is composers.

I get asked about it already.

Make it visible? A guild with no composer above level 37 can forget it.

The unintended consequence of this idea (one of them) will be to stunt new guild growth and to concentrate recruitment into the already top heavy guilds.

This is not a good idea.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#30 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:24

only if there is an option to choose if u want to show your composing level or not..

or, on a second layer,  only show it on your guildies but not outsiders..

that would be fun in a potencial war betweein guiilds..
u wont be able to surely know how many top composers the other guild has..
even introduce a building for that..

#31 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 13:47

Please tell me the reason to add this.....the real reason. The reason cited that other info is available so why not this is utter crud.

Motivation? What, like the Super Elite kill counter on a players bio? Yes, I have to say that has motivated me, I mean I stare at it and stare at it and stare at it. It being such a small number and I try and I try and try but I just can't bring myself to go look and then kill those bloody things. It will be the same with composing. You see I'm no really a romantic, I need instant gratification. I'm sure there are others like me.

Anyway, I never really understood why the SE counter on a bio was implemented. Don't numerous Super Elite kills gain you medals? The more you kill the better the medal? And don't those medals tell you how many SE's a player has killed? Kinda makes the SE counter pointless in my opinion.

Does composing have a medal? ......................................

Cheers.

wil72

#32 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 15:34

Any and all top-rated lists SHOULD always reflect the state of CURRENT player standings - this has been brought to the cows attention on many occasions as you know Penny ....

Yes, I know, maybe someday it will get past the "we are aware of this and [insert promise about a future update here]" stage...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#33 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 15:40

Afraid it's on the small side?? :P

replying to this would get me banned lol

#34 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 16:54

I see no harm in adding this to the profiles, so yes to the OP.

and make nothing hide-able. We have never been hiding anything in this game, why start now?
Some may feel their numbers are not great/big/long enough? Well, make 'em better instead of trying to hide 'em - or just accept the fact, that not everyone can be the best at everything. Don't complicate simple things, thank you.

Agree with simple. No change needed. Just keep it as is. ;)

#35 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 18:41

Agree with simple. No change needed. Just keep it as is. ;)

Yeah, funny that the ones that don't want this hidden are at or near composing EoC....  

This is something one must throw money at to fast track it.  Effort is just TINY part of it..... Give me an option.... If you want to know where I excel, look over my medals or find me on the pertinent top "whatever" list...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#36 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 18:48

Yeah, funny that the ones that don't want this hidden are at or near composing EoC....  

This is something one must throw money at to fast track it.  Effort is just TINY part of it..... Give me an option.... If you want to know where I excel, look over my medals or find me on the pertinent top "whatever" list...

Bit of a sweeping statement there Penny ;)

I'm at Composing EOC, have been for ages, but I think it should be added to bio's.

Plus, there's a LOT of effort goes into reaching EOC - junking/re-starting potions brewing every hour possible. Gold, yes, that costs a lot too, but there ARE other factors too

• 3JS likes this

#37 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 18:55

So, same as all the other "top - rated" lists then - they have no real upside other than bragging rights either ...

I say, add it and a top 250 listing - let's see just how many folk ARE at EOC Composing already ..

I imagine a simple top 250 list could be pretty boring, but maybe one which shows who got level 60 first, second, third, ect would be pretty cool

So, same as all the other "top - rated" lists then - they have no real upside other than bragging rights either ...

I say, add it and a top 250 listing - let's see just how many folk ARE at EOC Composing already ..

I imagine a simple top 250 list could be pretty boring, but maybe one which shows who got level 60 first, second, third, ect would be pretty cool

#38 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 20:38

Bit of a sweeping statement there Penny ;)

I'm at Composing EOC, have been for ages, but I think it should be added to bio's.

Plus, there's a LOT of effort goes into reaching EOC - junking/re-starting potions brewing every hour possible. Gold, yes, that costs a lot too, but there ARE other factors too

Yeah, slow and steady requires a lot of effort, granted, but in order to fast track it, you have to do fast pots, at least one set a day, if not more.  That's a lot of gold....... a heck of a lot.   

In order to do the junking for frags, etc, one needs a lot of stam, which requires a large stam bank.  Again, one needs to throw money at it, if not their own investment, someone else's RL investment of cash.  The dots for the upgrades have to originate somewhere.  

I'm not trying to disparage anybody's efforts, I commend anyone with that much committment.  I just want an OPTION to keep this information to myself IF I SO CHOOSE...  

I never liked having my pitiful K/S on my profile, it irks me that anyone can see my terrible performance in the arena.  Things I do excel at are pretty much reflected by the medals I possess.   That's good enough for me....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#39 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 20:39

Bragging rights have never been on my top priority things to do list, I guess that's why I'm on the slow boat or train or feet.  *shrugs* 

I forget to look at my medals, although I do look at other players.  I check my place in the top monthly list when I remember to do it. It's the same thing with most aspects of this game.

This is just not all that important anymore. *shrugs again*

#40 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 06 May 2017 - 21:05

Bragging rights have never been on my top priority things to do list, I guess that's why I'm on the slow boat or train or feet.  *shrugs* 

I forget to look at my medals, although I do look at other players.  I check my place in the top monthly list when I remember to do it. It's the same thing with most aspects of this game.

This is just not all that important anymore. *shrugs again*

lmao sound so excited ,but agree with ya more important things to change or fix

5aZzW0p.png,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: