20 replies to this topic

#1 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 15:22

Critical Strike 150 / 150   Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Critical Hit enhancement by +0.25% per point.

This does not appear to be working correctly.  Having added and used the skill my enhancements show critical hit is still at 100%.  My items give 315 so the enhancement should be above 100% now.

#2 jklundt

jklundt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 16:23

Appears it is broken for me as well

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 18:43

Dont think it was ever coded fully. Maybe i'm wrong. Or maybe it's working and just not displaying on profile.

Edited by EpicPiety, 02 July 2016 - 18:43.

#4 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 00:50

Or maybe enhancements are all fixed percentages and percentages shown don't even matter... We'll never know😅

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#5 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:19

Am I the only one underwhelmed by the level 3000 skill being simply another enhancement 'enhancer'?

How much use is slightly increasing the crit hit enhancement anyway...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 13:35

Am I the only one underwhelmed by the level 3000 skill being simply another enhancement 'enhancer'?

How much use is slightly increasing the crit hit enhancement anyway...

I thought the same thing and said nothing since when they were announced content was like 2500 lol. Figured we would never see level 3000. Here we are though and i think they are super underwhelming.

#7 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 17:29

Cows can't win. Everything is OP or underwhelming.

#8 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 17:47

Unless someone proves that all these enhancement 'enhancers' make a difference, there will still be some people that are underwhelmed by them. I haven't checked that Stalker gives more XP, I just assume it does, because that's what the description says.

#9 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2016 - 18:24

You realise it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to create something that isn't underwhelming OR overpowered.

Useful but not massively game changing is what HCS should have aimed for. A small increase to a chance based enhancement for the level 3k skill (a pretty big milestone) is something of a let down. I think you know it though, and simply posted what you did to be 'hip'. Which is of course within your rights to do.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#10 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 21:47

You realise it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to create something that isn't underwhelming OR overpowered.

Useful but not massively game changing is what HCS should have aimed for. A small increase to a chance based enhancement for the level 3k skill (a pretty big milestone) is something of a let down. I think you know it though, and simply posted what you did to be 'hip'. Which is of course within your rights to do.

I'm the furthest thing from hip ;-p
They can't win though. No matter what they do, in someone's opinion, it will be OP or underwhelming. You understand better than most how we, the community, can't agree on anything. IMHO, I don't think anything is overpowered but you already knew that :)

I do find it mildly entertaining how some sit on both sides of the argument. I understand your point but it's a no win for HCS. What would you consider appropriate? And watch people tear you apart lol. Too weak! Too strong!

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:27

I think you know it though, and simply posted what you did to be 'hip'.

#12 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:10

yotwehc posts as he does.

I think I see an attempt to marginalise him, and by extension, his opinions.

I may be wrong.

We are a tiny forum now, and I think we need voices who disagree, or who offer contrary opinions.

In a group of people so small, it is good to have a voice who challenges and tries to burst bubbles.

I believe yotwehc, or chewy, has the best interests of the game at heart.

I believe the people he argues with the most also have the best interests of the game at heart.

I believe that these two things are not unconnected.

Sometimes arguments are reduced to scoring points. yotwehc scores a lot of points.

But at the cost of perpetuating the argument. Sometimes unnecessarily.

This is how both sides lose track of the fact that they both want the game to thrive.

Both sides start to want to win.

An argument.

On the internet.

LOL.

So, I accept yotwehc as a bubble bursting contrarian on the forums.

We need one - he is it. 

We should have more than one.

That is a problem, the real problem.

The forum has lost its variety. I saw a thread recently.

It talked about the 10 usual voices. I could not disagree. I suppose I am one of them.

I want the game to thrive.

I do not believe marginalising voices we do not agree with is the way to make that happen.

You may disagree, as is your right.

As for this buff - maybe the interface is not reflecting what is happening.

Hopefully Hoof/HCS will clarify this coming week.

I'm going to say this to finish.

I don't recall a campaign to disable Co-ordinated Attack.

I don't recall a campaign to remove Smashing Hammer.

My memory may be failing me though. Some farsighted souls may have spoken out.

However. If we'd had more contrarian voices then, maybe we could have avoided having these buffs, that effectively ended the challenge of PvE hunting, added to the game.

Instead most players just loved the stat boosts and did not care about tomorrow.

Business as usual.

We, or rather HCS, need more yotwehcs, not fewer.

Edited by Belaric, 04 July 2016 - 07:33.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:57

I'm the furthest thing from hip ;-p
They can't win though. No matter what they do, in someone's opinion, it will be OP or underwhelming. You understand better than most how we, the community, can't agree on anything. IMHO, I don't think anything is overpowered but you already knew that :)

I do find it mildly entertaining how some sit on both sides of the argument. I understand your point but it's a no win for HCS. What would you consider appropriate? And watch people tear you apart lol. Too weak! Too strong!

For skills they could try and think outside the box, they don't all have to affect our stats or enhancements.

There were many MANY ideas floated on that old proposed skills thread that if had been implemented wouldn't haven't fallen into the overpowered OR underwhelming category. Reusing the old 'skill, enhancement, gear - boost' formula for everything is just (IMO) lazy and leads to overpowered skills. (because they all have to be stronger, right)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2016 - 14:31

Well thought out and literate post.

While I agree that the forum has dwindled in numbers in recent years I don't think it follows that we should immediately accept and welcome posts/posters who are just 'point scorers'. That is not to say that chewys posts are all done for this, but, when he does I call him out on it. And he usually admits it himself.

My post wasn't an attempt to marginalise anyone I don't have anything against chewy, I just am not of the mood to compete in pointless 'forum battles' simply for the sake of it.

I do agree with you about being tired of seeing the exact same people though, actually usually saying the exact same things too. FS is aging, with a dwindling population. The only foreseeable remedy to this was the fabled 'app'. For a time I held out a flicker of hope that it may help reinvigorate the game, and by extension these forums but with every month that passes that flicker of hope dies out a little more.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#15 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 15:29

I agree with your post Mister Doom.

Chewy does admit he goes too far at times. And he deserves to be called on it when he does. 

My overall point is we don't serve the game well, or the developers, if we cannot tolerate differences of opinion. I have been guilty of that myself in the past. We, who remain, want the game to survive and thrive. Maybe it is too late for that, but we won't help its chances if the forum becomes an echo chamber.

Vive la difference, as they say, maybe. With accents on some of the syllables I can't be bothered finding.

And yeah, the app dilution/delay was a depressing blow. 

Heh. Now THIS thread is truly WAY off topic! LOL!

So devs, how's about checking to make sure Critical strike is working, and letting us see that in the changed enhancement % and colour bar, like with the other enhancements that go over 100%?

Edited by Belaric, 04 July 2016 - 16:02.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 July 2016 - 16:28

This does not appear to be working correctly.  Having added and used the skill my enhancements show critical hit is still at 100%.  My items give 315 so the enhancement should be above 100% now.

I'll ask Hoofmaster to look into this. It's likely working, just not displaying the change.

Stay on topic please people. 

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:42

I'll ask Hoofmaster to look into this. It's likely working, just not displaying the change.

Probably the case :)

#18 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2016 - 19:53

I'll check on this :)

#19 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:22

OFF-topic but

Flinch = 0.1% per point decrease in enemy's attack stat

Fumble = +0.1% per skill level reduction to attackers attack when defending a PvP attack.

are not they the same with the only exception that Fumble works for the defender?

Edited by mary4ever, 07 July 2016 - 01:26.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#20 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:28

Did anything ever come of this?

necroing like a pro :D

Edited by PointyHair, 29 January 2019 - 10:29.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: