86 replies to this topic

#1 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 17:06

For some reason, BG keeps demanding that anything other than a descrition of the quest itself is "off topic" in the "list of dailoy quests" thread. Personally, the main reason I read a thread like that is to see how others reacted to their quest. But since BG expresses an official view, I figured we need to start a thread for which those comments are completely on topic.

So...

/index.php?showtopic=74716&p=970855

Posted Today, 06:39

Daily Quest
[ Common ]
Invent 30 items
0 / 30
Gain +350 Current Stamina

This is preposterous!

If you look at my earlier post (/index.php?showtopic=74716&p=970823) you will see that you can invent vespine viper amulets at level 4 for about 5 stam & 1k gold per item---which makes this quest a cheap way to buy current stam.

I also have my eye on bite serum (half the gold but twice the stamina, reduced with the resource/inventing buffs), or the elya guard edge (requires no gold and two drops which are quest items, so amenable to quest hunter).

This quest isn't preposterous. It just takes a bit of time in the UFSG to identify a workable strategy.

Edited by rowbeth, 27 October 2016 - 17:08.

#2 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2016 - 17:13

Thank you for calling me out on this one :rolleyes:  Wonderful for you that you can create those invents. I do not like inventing and frankly the effort to invent 30 items is not worth 350 current stamina, sorry yes it is preposterous and it beggars belief someone would consider this a worthwhile reward for the effort involved, even when using the method you suggest.

I stand by my original assertion yes this quest, due to it's reward, is preposterous :)

#3 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 17:25

Wasn't meaning to call you out :huh: . My first response when I got 60 invents for 700 current stam was the same as yours. My second response was to discover it was viable, and thought I should share that (though sharing it on the original thread would be much more effective).

It took me all of 10 minutes to invent 60 items once I did work out what to do.

I'll withdraw my comment on your judgement: we all make our own subjective judgements on how un/worthwhile something is :). We'd probably swap our respective positions for a PVP quest. 10 minutes hunting/inventing and 50k for a net gain of 150 stam seems worthwhile to me.

#4 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2016 - 17:29

Wasn't meaning to call you out :huh: . My first response when I got 60 invents for 700 current stam was the same as yours. My second response was to discover it was viable, and thought I should share that (though sharing it on the original thread would be much more effective).

It took me all of 10 minutes to invent 60 items once I did work out what to do.

I'll withdraw my comment on your judgement: we all make our own subjective judgements on how un/worthwhile something is :). We'd probably swap our respective positions for a PVP quest. 10 minutes hunting/inventing and 50k for a net gain of 150 stam seems worthwhile to me.

If the reward was to gain reserve stamina I would be all over the quest like a rash!! To me current stamina is one of the weaker rewards and holds very limited value. Furthermore any newbie to the game would see that quest as unattainable, and considering it is supposed to be a common quest, it should be attainable to every playing member of the community. Personally I would prefer that they remove the current stamina gain rewards and give out lesser reserve stamina rewards in substitute. Again just my personal opinion on this issue. :)

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 18:27

And anyone that invents pots regularly would see it as a no-cost bonus. 

To each their own. (o0

#6 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2016 - 19:29

I wonder about the quest since I have not seen it and I have not read anybody doing the daily quest posted previously.  The question I have is doing the invent daily quest does it go to the daily quest award and tick only on daily quest medal only or does it go towards inventing experience and tick for inventing medal.   :huh:

If it does it all the stamina use might be worth doing for the medal potential. I have just started the daily quests and apologize if this was brought up somewhere else.  I am still catching up in forum reading. 

I have found the quest I did delightful fun.  I hope enough ideas keep coming to keep them real and interesting. Thanks fs community for letting me comment a moment without focusing on any comment.  :P

#7 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 22:31

btw... @row... think it's great you created this thread.

Oddly enough, I agree with BG that a post for listing DQs and another for where to do them should not have comments that are off-topic.

I think this is a good place for people to discuss the DQ rewards, etc, and not derail the other important issues.

PS... for those interested there is a suggestion thread

That doesn't necessarily subtract from this thread's idea though. So nice. (o0

#8 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 16:24

I wonder about the quest since I have not seen it and I have not read anybody doing the daily quest posted previously.  The question I have is doing the invent daily quest does it go to the daily quest award and tick only on daily quest medal only or does it go towards inventing experience and tick for inventing medal.   :huh:

inventing medal ???  i dont see an inventing medal on my profile...wish there was one.. the inventing dq's are not nearly as hard as they look..but to that note..; current stam rewards are by far the least wanted..i can see where someone would not want to do it..

#9 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2016 - 00:47

Daily Quest
[ Common ]
Invent 20 items
0 / 20
Gain +250 Current Stamina
Time Remaining:
23h 14m 1s
News

It is not a very good reward for all the work.  :rolleyes:

#10 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:53

btw... @row... think it's great you created this thread.

Oddly enough, I agree with BG that a post for listing DQs and another for where to do them should not have comments that are off-topic.

I'd be more likely to agree if you could cross-quote.

By having a separate thread, you lose the context in which the comments are formed, and that detracts a lot from the discussion. You also lose the immediacy, which probably diminishes the discussion.

I agree that the list should not be allowed to get derailed by arguments over good/bad quests (or evel less relevant issues), but I really don't think that should be such an absolute as seems to be being imposed.

#11 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:56

Daily Quest
[ Common ]
Invent 20 items
0 / 20
Gain +250 Current Stamina
Time Remaining:
23h 14m 1s
News

It is not a very good reward for all the work.  :rolleyes:

+100 current stam for maybe 20k gold and 10 minutes play would have seemed very good value to me when EOC was still a point in the future.

#12 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 16:21

[ Rare ]
Break down 340 items
340 / 340
Gain +429 Current Stamina

Took 2000+ stam! Am I the only one disenchanted with HCS' unwillingness to even DISCUSS the ridiculousness of some of these daily quests?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#13 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 17:05

Common ]
Defeat 175 Legendary creatures
0 / 175
Gain +7 Max Stamina

#14 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 21:35

[ Rare ]
Break down 340 items
340 / 340
Gain +429 Current Stamina

Took 2000+ stam! Am I the only one disenchanted with HCS' unwillingness to even DISCUSS the ridiculousness of some of these daily quests?

Skip them... There are folks who don't like the PVP DQ's but they aren't whining about it. I've had your quest and I just skipped it. meh.

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2016 - 21:57

Skip them... There are folks who don't like the PVP DQ's but they aren't whining about it. I've had your quest and I just skipped it. meh.

It's not the same.

The 'break down items' DQ's are horribly unbalanced. It's like the creators haven't actually taken into consideration how low drop rates are in this game.

Whereas the reason to avoid the pvp DQ's (which I myself avoid) is simply a choice due to personal game preferences.

I don't often agree with Luis, but I definitely do in this instance.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 00:04

It's not the same.

The 'break down items' DQ's are horribly unbalanced. It's like the creators haven't actually taken into consideration how low drop rates are in this game.

Whereas the reason to avoid the pvp DQ's (which I myself avoid) is simply a choice due to personal game preferences.

I don't often agree with Luis, but I definitely do in this instance.

Karma... I guess the point is made... I'd take this common anytime over that rare DQ he got...

[ Common ]
Break down 60 items
0 / 60
Gain +110 Reserve Stamina

#17 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:59

Reserve stamina certainly is more valuable, however, that is still a rubbish effort/reward ratio.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#18 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:34

Daily Quest
[ Common ]
Invent 30 items
0 / 30
Gain +350 Current Stamina
Time Remaining:

I am always getting these types of dq. I would like to see something different myself.  :rolleyes:

Edited by bigchaos, 31 October 2016 - 03:39.

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:41

With the past few quests I've gotten being to either break down countless items (tried once, didn't finish, stammed out less than halfway through) or invent countless items (I avoid inventing quests already for crissakes) I have lost my joy in doing these. I'm no longer enthused to log into fs every day....

Cows are losing their biggest fan...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#20 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 22:51

OK - I'm trying to stay positive and turn the questions around. Can we find a strategy that will make these quests pay out?

I eventually managed to convince myself this was possible with the inventing quests. So now for break-down quests...

My initial response has been to ignore these as being unworkable, but:

Hunting snakes in Elya Plains North: they drop a shield that you can break down, and a snakes-head that you can combine with a bought sword (the shop is also in Elya Plains Nth) for 1k gold to create a sword that *can* be broken down. Based on FI1k (24k) and RF175, I that gives about 2.7 stam + 3.3 gold per item (+ walking, repair & buff costs). With RF300 that becomes 1.88 stam per break-down, which would turn chewy's DQ into "pay gold to turn current stam into reserve stam". Even RF400 leaves Lou's quest as an all-round loss.

So has anyone come up with a better way to deal with break-down DQs? It seems to me that direct hunting will never pay, as the drop rates are always very low. Inventing items based on resources, components of quest items is likely to be better becuase RF and QH boost those drop rates much more than FI does the normal drop rates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: