• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 20:14

How often does the UFSG get updated?  I feel like it's once every 4-5 months, which is just not very helpful.  Could someone shed some light on this?  I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious here.  The realms only go up to 3100 which is the same as the critters (with the exception of the 3125 Legendary).  Content is up to 3200.  Please advise me on how I should plan my hunts when I don't know what to expect.  Thank you 

Edited by iceman66, 09 February 2017 - 20:19.

#2 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 20:27

Based on past experience: a bit less often than content gets updated.

As for planning: at EOC there are not many useful sets, and you probably have them all. Its more a case of having a few hunting sets worked out so you can respond, rather than needing to plan ahead.

#3 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 20:37

This, like a lot of things, ought to be automatic. Content should be automatically made public in UFSG a fixed amount of time after it's released. The sheer amount of things that require manual intervention is staggering.

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2017 - 20:41

Content normally goes into the UFSG when the subsequent batch is releaed, but yes, I agree with Grimnok now - given the scarcity of content of late, I'd have to say that it should go into the USFG after a couple of weeks maybe, or, at most, a month.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 20:42

BG will look at it soon. I asked him about this very thing earlier today, and he said he would look at it tomorrow.

Edited by Mzzery, 09 February 2017 - 20:43.

og3DxyP.gif

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2017 - 20:50

BG will look at it soon. I asked him about this very thing earlier today, and he said he would look at it tomorrow.

Tomorrow never comes ;) - when it IS tomorrow, it's no longer tomorrow, but today

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 22:30

How often does the UFSG get updated? I feel like it's once every 4-5 months, which is just not very helpful. Could someone shed some light on this? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious here. The realms only go up to 3100 which is the same as the critters (with the exception of the 3125 Legendary). Content is up to 3200. Please advise me on how I should plan my hunts when I don't know what to expect. Thank you

I would expect you to plan your hunt just like you plan every other. What do you mean plan? It's a game. Where you get geared up, you go in there to level, and do the quest. If you find something interesting as far as not having high enough armor, defense, or attack. Well then I call that learning. It's not always fun to learn everything from the guide. Then just go do it. I don't understand the huge rush to be at the end of EOC. Then you just sit around with nothing to do

Edited by cucullainn, 09 February 2017 - 22:47.

#8 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 22:44

Content normally goes into the UFSG when the subsequent batch is releaed, but yes, I agree with Grimnok now - given the scarcity of content of late, I'd have to say that it should go into the USFG after a couple of weeks maybe, or, at most, a month.

I know it hasn't been updated since before the 24th of January. Because none of the new Shroud LEs have been added to the guide

#9 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2017 - 23:53

Hey, how dare you knock sitting around with nothing to do??

It is one of my favourite pastimes!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#10 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 00:27

this is why i prefered the old site ..crace did i like many others use to update that and it was updated live as ppl played through the levels every piece of gear was added every new critter etc shame the ultimate guide doesnt live up to its name because a reference guide isnt much cop if every other page is missing

#11 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:22

I would expect you to plan your hunt just like you plan every other. What do you mean plan? It's a game. Where you get geared up, you go in there to level, and do the quest. If you find something interesting as far as not having high enough armor, defense, or attack. Well then I call that learning. It's not always fun to learn everything from the guide. Then just go do it. I don't understand the huge rush to be at the end of EOC. Then you just sit around with nothing to do

The planning part of my post was more for aesthetics.  No, I don't really plan my hunts as it's easy enough to just look at creature stats and assume that my 200k damage is enough to one-hit.  I was more making a point that we get told over and over again that "Be patient, these things take time....", and simply put, it's not good enough.  We were told we'd get a content roadmap like we used to have, and I have yet to see one.  

Other people might be okay with accepting that "All good things come in time", but I've seen too many games fail because the Devs decide they don't want to communicate or let the community know what's going on.  I also would like to know why the UFSG isn't linked to the database to get updated automatically... 

#12 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:38

i think u should just be patient,and wait

5aZzW0p.png,

#13 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:32

i think u should just be patient,and wait

Easy for someone to say with every aspect of the game in the UFSG for their level - or near as makes no nevermind ;)

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:22

Come on guys..... he's not SuperGrim, just BigGrim....  merely a mortal man.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 February 2017 - 16:51

Right. That's the Ultimate Guide updated completely. If I've missed something, lemme know, okay?

~ Grim

#16 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 18:16

Right. That's the Ultimate Guide updated completely. If I've missed something, lemme know, okay?

~ Grim

Thanks, SuperGrim :)

#17 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 18:53

Thanks for the update BigGrim 

#18 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:07

We were told we'd get a content roadmap like we used to have, and I have yet to see one.  

Other people might be okay with accepting that "All good things come in time", but I've seen too many games fail because the Devs decide they don't want to communicate or let the community know what's going on.  I also would like to know why the UFSG isn't linked to the database to get updated automatically...

I don't know where or who said we would get a content roadmap like before. BG said in April " With how things are proceeding here with me trying to write up a special arc, the Content Roadmap thread is of little use at this time."

Hoof said in June " I think it's better to announce updates as they are upcoming and then released rather than having a long roadmap. Will be posting up what's coming next once the FS guide update goes live."

If you have seen some posted since, but having nothing to do with the App roadmap. Let me know. Because I don't believe we will ever see a content roadmap again

#19 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:34

Easy for someone to say with every aspect of the game in the UFSG for their level - or near as makes no nevermind ;)

see all u had to do was wait

5aZzW0p.png,

#20 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 00:25

I am not quite sure. I saw a post stating that the new Master realms for EOC go up to Lv 3176. I am unaware at what level EOC content is up to. There were two conversations today in global chat, amongst the same people about the number of quest in the game. Someone was real quick to say 968. He had been doing the math and counted up all the quest listed in the UFSG. However once he made that statement in Global chat. The other player came back with what it says on the homepage of the guide. I clicked on to the guide and there it was. Right on the page in the middle. It says. Quest in Game: 1003. This leaves 35 uncounted for. After having a couple conversations with them today. Trying to figure out what these quest might be. I believe, I may have done so. I realize that the quest in the guide only go up to Lv 3103. I believe that the missing Quest, are ones above that level that may not have been added yet. I don't know why, but this has really piqued my curiosity lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: