Photo

It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#301 Red1 Reborn

Red1 Reborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:17

If everyone was lvl 60 composing would this still be a problem or would people still complain about the cost?

If things changed would people be happy when the price of frags go down because there's less demand for them?

if you don't like people having an unfair advantage either join a guild with composers or lvl up your own but that takes a lot of time and effort which seems to be the problem for most people 

#302 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:56

If everyone was lvl 60 composing would this still be a problem or would people still complain about the cost?

If things changed would people be happy when the price of frags go down because there's less demand for them?

if you don't like people having an unfair advantage either join a guild with composers or lvl up your own but that takes a lot of time and effort which seems to be the problem for most people 

On the flip side of that, there are also Level 60 composers, such as myself, saying these potions are grossly over-powered :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#303 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 15:35

Penny said something that got me thinking about all the stats in the game.

I don't think it will make much difference over all if the potions are capped or not because of the difference all of us have allocated our level up stats.  Yes, potions make a difference there too as does the gear we equip.

I was putting them out evenly, then was told to concentrate only on att/dam from the on.  I have forgotten the ratio given at the time but it's here in the forum somewhere.

There are character stats, equip stats and potions boost all of them.

The admin  may not hand out another reset for awhile so maybe everyone could just live and learn without being to gung ho to strip from other players. 

There are players in this game that are very good at that.

Edited by Pythia, 22 April 2017 - 17:09.

#304 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 April 2017 - 18:46

Penny said something that got me thinking about all the stats in the game.

I don't think it will make much difference over all if the potions are capped or not because of the difference all of us have allocated our level up stats.  Yes, potions make a difference there too as does the gear we equip.

I was putting them out evenly, then was told to concentrate only on att/dam from the on.  I have forgotten the ratio given at the time but it's here in the forum somewhere.

There are character stats, equip stats and potions boost all of them.

The admin  may not hand out another reset for awhile so maybe everyone could just live and learn without being to gung ho to strip from other players. 

There are players in this game that are very good at that.

Most players put 100% into damage, but I didn't because at the time I was focused on PvP and some of the defensive buffs rely on base stats.  This was before the advent of ke, the coordinated buffs, and rage, fury and defense such as aura of protection are essentially useless without points in their respective areas.   I'm not going to the expense of a stat change simply because some at higher levels informed me that extra attack, def and armor will be needed at some point.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#305 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 18:57

I don't remember what level I was when I added only to att/dam. I have some in all my stats and yes potions do work on them.  Like you, Penny, I won't change the way they are allocated now because in time I'll add more to each of them.

So no matter whether they cap potions or not, there are always going to be players in the game that can spank higher level players. Guess they'll have to deal with it or cry about it..   What say you?

#306 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 21:28

I'd like HCS to give players an answer to this one. 16 pages and 6 weeks have passed. How much more reflection is needed?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#307 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2017 - 22:01

I'd like HCS to give players an answer to this one. 16 pages and 6 weeks have passed. How much more reflection is needed?

We will be taking a look at it, but no timescale on it just yet sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: